HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

@ the OP.

I've had my AA forced x12 since I bought the game and have been running things just fine.

The difference between my setup and yours is as follows:

My CPU actually has L3 cache.

My CPU is faster than yours.

My CPU isn't 4 years old.

My GPU benchmarks 43.9% better than yours in 3d applications

My GPU isn't 3 years old.

My GPU doesn't run hotter than 1000 suns.

Well argumented responds, how good for you. Want a cookie?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also argue that a single player game should not have a subscription fee, but i won't, wrong thread for that.

Well, since this is a multiplayer game with pretty much all of the standard MMO multiplayer features and plenty of multiplayer quests and incentives, it would be rather silly to talk about single player games here anyway.

I notice absolutely no difference. What in the hell is going on at Bioware right now? I'm losing my faith quickly... This is coming from a die hard Bioware and Star Wars fan.

How do you patch something into the game and not even have it working?

If you're 'losing faith' over anti-aliasing then I don't think you're a 'die hard fan'. Try again.

Well argumented responds, how good for you. Want a cookie?

The point I think he was trying to make is that the OP's PC is outdated, and s/he should not expect to be able to run a modern video game on high graphics settings without some kind of performance hit. This is relevant to the discussion... cookies are not.

80% drop in fps.

running a Q9550 at 3.6ghz; GTX 285, 8gig of 4-4-4-12 800 memory and rest isn't important setup.

Fix it. Thanks. I'm not going to pay for a game that has no basic game features. Especially one that looks like it should run on 5y old machines.

Works fine on my machine. Framerate unchanged. /shrug

LOL!

The Internet is on strike

We have blacked out Imgur today from 8am to 8pm, EST, to raise awareness about the danger that the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA) pose to a free and vibrant Internet. It is important that our users understand the far-reaching and potentially disastrous repercussions that this legislation could have.

Please join the discussion. Take three minutes to save the web by clicking the button below and calling your senators. Tell them that you care about the freedom of the Internet.

Tbh i cant see any difference between the aa settings at all, fps are exactly the same no matter the setting. AA works if i force it trough catalyst so either im blind or there is no ingame aa, atleast for us ati people.
Disable AA through preferences while you are your character select screen. Look at the right shoulder of your character, see the jagged lines for the edges. Now enable it High and look at the same spot. It goes from really jagged lines, to smoother lines. If you seriously can't notice that... then I have no other advice.

LOL!

The Internet is on strike

We have blacked out Imgur today from 8am to 8pm, EST, to raise awareness about the danger that the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA) pose to a free and vibrant Internet. It is important that our users understand the far-reaching and potentially disastrous repercussions that this legislation could have.

Please join the discussion. Take three minutes to save the web by clicking the button below and calling your senators. Tell them that you care about the freedom of the Internet.

Ehm works fine for me in germany :o

I don't think the AA implementation is horrible. I'm sure people are having problems, due to their system or maybe because they altered settings before. And maybe the odd person has real problems with the new update. Before you say that BW did a horrible job, you might take some time to take a look at your system.

I can't understand that people always start to point at gamemakers within a hour after an update.

yep, frame rate went to crap with built in AA. Was fine when i used ATI control panel AA
Did you remember to disable your changes in the ATI Control Panel and put it back to default and application controlled (and by settings, I mean all of the modifications if you made any, not just AA) and then utilize it through the game settings only. I had to do that on my wifes computer to get it to work, without it effecting her performance.

I know what AA does. It simply isn't working. As someone above me mentioned I have to force it through my graphics card settings for it to work.

I have an AMD 6970 card. Anyone else running on AMD/ATI and having issue with it not working at all?

I could see a difference, but CCC did a much better job (no shimmering) so I turned it off in game and forced it through the driver.

Disable AA through preferences while you are your character select screen. Look at the right shoulder of your character, see the jagged lines for the edges. Now enable it High and look at the same spot. It goes from really jagged lines, to smoother lines. If you seriously can't notice that... then I have no other advice.

Confirmed.

Also, I got about 10% improvement in average fps in this new client. So overall things are moving up and to the right on Biowares part.

People having issues with AA likely it is due to having previously forced AA outside the game. Revert and then retry and see if that clears it up for you.

After looking over this thread it seems the in-game AA is may be working for Nvida card users, but does nothing for some AMD cards. I can see no difference turning the AA option on or off.

System spec: i5-2500K, HD Radeon 6950 2 GB, 8 GB ram. New, fresh drivers. I even deleted and let the game create a new Client_settings file.

Going back to forcing AA with C.C.C. - Game looks great, 60 fps (v-sync)

Edited by Agarwaenn

To be fair, some of the objects show very little difference with AA turned on. Just a moment ago I was looking at some of the angled lines of the floor on Nar Shaddaa and they are ridiculously blocky because the textures are so stretched. Is AA supposed to fix that? It's definitely not doing it, but those are some of the most obvious jaggies that people will see.

Other areas do seem to look smoother though.