HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What amazes me, really, is the graphical expectations here.

Bioware games have never, ever been known for their high end graphics, and multitude of graphical features/options.

Why anyone expected this to be different....beats me. I didn't. Still looks pretty good to me, although the flashing trees in Alderaan cutscenes was pretty brutal.

I haven't played today though. This thing called work and all.

So now that everyone realizes that AA was not implemented correctly, all the naysayers are now going to say just force through your .ini file then. Will this ever quit, all of us that raise these concerns stick to our original argument and all others change there tactics to fit thier needs. Flip Floppers!
Huh? Did you even read the post. No where did I say "just force it through the .ini". I said I originally had it forced long before they implemented. Many others had forced AA through their video manager (ATI Catalyst or Nvidia inspector). If they forced AA, and then turned on AA in game there is a performance loss. They need to pick one method or other so there is no conflict and need to reverse what they did.

FYI if you did force it in the .ini, when you select it in-game it overrides the .ini with the correct AA setting. There is no need to manually force it.

What amazes me, really, is the graphical expectations here.

Bioware games have never, ever been known for their high end graphics, and multitude of graphical features/options.

Why anyone expected this to be different....beats me. I didn't. Still looks pretty good to me, although the flashing trees in Alderaan cutscenes was pretty brutal.

I haven't played today though. This thing called work and all.

You're gonna catch some flak for this post, lol.

It works great for most people, it seems there are some who might not be seeing it though so try logging out and using "fix" and see if that helps? The AA works perfectly fine in the game for me, and looks great on "high". Runs great too might I add!

Hate to disappoint everyone, but the AA fix works for me. Graphics look better, framerates are fine. No, it's not as much AA as is possible, but it's definitely noticeable from no AA and definitely a nice improvement.

You can argue all day long about whther or not a game releases in XXXX year SHOULD have AA at release, or how good that implementation should be. You can also argue that chickens should be 10 feet tall and become full grown in a day so that we could feed the entire planet adequately. We have to deal with what we've got. If it's not good enough for you, then either find ways to make it better or else remove yourself from the equation. No one is forcing you to stay. No one is forcing you to pay.

Wait, so....the players *****ed and *****ed about how th egame has no AA feature, and so BioWare decided that they should put it in as soon as possible (because from what I've seen on the "We want this" threads over the past month, AA has been in basically every one of them).

And now that BioWare did a rush job to put it in, the players are surprised that it's not perfect?

Seriously? The only people to blame for the poor implimentation of things in the game are the players who wanted it the day before yesterday and caused the Devs to rush it.

Wrong. AA is a BASIC FEATURE that should never be ommitted from a game's prduction Release. Fault = BioWare.

That being said, those of you complaining about a performance hit after enabling AA need to understand that AA comes at a price. If you have an older PC\video card, it will not be a good experience for you.

Edited by Parali
rude

So now that everyone realizes that AA was not implemented correctly,

Exactly this. A lot of people are being exposed to the in-game AA for the first time and wondering why its so bad compared to <insert other mmo> and why it impacts performance so much compared to <insert other mmo>. Bioware should of left AA as it was, having to force it or fiddle with a .ini was like a disclaimer that its not ready yet(as pathetic as that is).

I've been using 4x AA since day one, by adding the line to my INI file, and I get 70-110fps in full screen windowed mode.

Stop blaming BW for your fail at setting up your computer system correctly.

Not everyone has the aptitude to set these settings themselves. Or they are too scared. Or they don't want too. Or they are being mislead because they don't read the forums or articles and think because the settings say high within the game that's the highest setting. It's misleading and wrong and anybody with a brain, which means me and you knows that.

You're gonna catch some flak for this post, lol.

Yeah. Idk what that other guy is on. All BioWare games I've played were pretty amazing in graphics on release.

Not to mention Mass Effect 1. Remember Wrex? Damn, that model looked so detailed and amazing.

Exactly this. A lot of people are being exposed to the in-game AA for the first time and wondering why its so bad compared to <insert other mmo> and why it impacts performance so much compared to <insert other mmo>. Bioware should of left AA as it was, having to force it or fiddle with a .ini was like a disclaimer that its not ready yet(as pathetic as that is).
Um no one has to force it in the .ini. Doing anything in the .ini for AA is the same thing as enabling it in game option. Which does work fine and has no impact, least for me and my wife's computers. Now those that did force it before hand with their graphics manager and trying to use it in game, need to pick one method or the other or they do experience performance loss.

Idk if this what is causing my problem but I was going to start a new thread and saw this so here it is. My fps dropped out the bottom of the Earth. I can't even play in the Fleet anymore. I have not been to other worlds yet. So, can I please get some clarity if this AA implementation is the problem.

Just to clarify it, as I am having the same issues as I stated above already. Did you also turn AA off and force AA off over your nvidia panel?

Oh, and to the suggestion made above. Yes, unfortunately I have the most recent graphic drivers since they came out. Which one is the .ini you are talking about?

I think the main Issue I have with this current implementation is the FACT that people who could play it on their settings are not able to play it anymore, even though they did not change anything whatsoever. What makes it even worse, that even turning everything down and lowering your settings to the minimum in- and outside the game does not fix it.

Sweep the fact that the High setting is not high, that's what "this" is. Sorry for the misspelling and how unclear the original statement was, hope this clears it up.
Are you talking about Graphics or AA, because this thread is about AA. High is 8x times AA and is working. If you are talking about the Graphics part, this is the wrong thread to be talking about it in.

Works fine for me! Core 2 duo E8400, GTX260, 4 gigs ram, 40FPS. If you cant run it turn it off and quit whining!

So now that everyone knows that AA was implemented correctly and that fact that going to the .ini files is not a good enough answer, we will post success stories that all of us are fine why aren't you. Come on!

I have and will do that, but it doesn't mitigate the fact that Bioware is trying to seep this under the rug by just having the option in the game to mitigate any backlash to that affect. They have done this more then i can count since launch. Where all they would have to do is tell us the truth about what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on: they are adding AA. Computers are complicated, especially since the millions of people playing this game all have different hardware and software. They're working on it, they patched in an option that works for many of us. Some of you have bugs, that is unfortunate but however the expected norm in software development. MMOs have the best support, and we'll likely get another patch soon fixing several of your issues. It does, however, take some time to do. Sorry if this caused you an inconvenience. For now, force it outside of the game, and I'm sure they're working on resolving it. :)

It works great for most people, it seems there are some who might not be seeing it though so try logging out and using "fix" and see if that helps? The AA works perfectly fine in the game for me, and looks great on "high". Runs great too might I add!

Right, right, right, blah, blah, blah, blah, change topics, blah, blah, that didn't work lets try this statement, blah, blah, blah.

Hate to disappoint everyone, but the AA fix works for me. Graphics look better, framerates are fine. No, it's not as much AA as is possible, but it's definitely noticeable from no AA and definitely a nice improvement.

You can argue all day long about whther or not a game releases in XXXX year SHOULD have AA at release, or how good that implementation should be. You can also argue that chickens should be 10 feet tall and become full grown in a day so that we could feed the entire planet adequately. We have to deal with what we've got. If it's not good enough for you, then either find ways to make it better or else remove yourself from the equation. No one is forcing you to stay. No one is forcing you to pay.

You could also argue that a single player game should not have a subscription fee, but i won't, wrong thread for that.

If this game has "high" quality textures, then Wrex was Ultranova High.

Funny thing is that ME 1 was a horrible console port that required a lot of tweaking to get stuff to look a bit better (mind you the game is awesome).

But tbh it's pointless to ask Bioware to fix these things.

They will just give you some PR answer and fix it next patch.

It's just that not every one is going to wait for the mighty awesome Bioware to deliver basic things.

For me Bioware meant ' good quality games' that took some hits on the way but at this moment the name means little anymore.

Not enough to carry a 2-3-4 month sub with empty promises.

@ the OP.

I've had my AA forced x12 since I bought the game and have been running things just fine.

The difference between my setup and yours is as follows:

My CPU actually has L3 cache.

My CPU is faster than yours.

My CPU benchmarks 71.1% better than yours. And that's not considering my overclock.

My CPU isn't 4 years old.

My GPU benchmarks 43.9% better than yours in 3d applications

My GPU isn't 3 years old.

My GPU doesn't run hotter than 1000 suns.

Edited by Elindalyne