PT Game Breaking Exploit!

Fieryabyss

Two huttballs in a row now my team has not been able to score a single point. This is not due to incompetence, every time we were about to score the ball a powertech was camping his spawn just outside the shield and grappled the ball carrier to him instantly killing him and giving his team the ball.

This is a massive exploit, no one class should have that much power and control over their goal line. If you have any intention of keeping pvp fair this should be fixed immediately

Generally it's not a good idea to post anything you would consider an exploit on the forums. Private communication is always the better option because you might actually exacerbate the problem by making it more widely known.

Good maybe if people think they can get away with this it will get fixed faster.

i remember someone said this was legal on PvP forum...someone replied his ticket saying it was legal.

Im not saying i agree, but meh...it sucks.

How on earth would one person never leaving their spawn and insta killing anyone who tried to score be legal?

Edited by Fieryabyss

Good maybe if people think they can get away with this it will get fixed faster.

How on earth would one person never leaving their spawn and insta killing anyone who tried to score be legal?[/quote

it is legit and not game breaking at all, the force users all have massive knockbacks, use that at the right time and you can get them in the spawn area too. Dont ruin our class cuz we have 1 skill to get a person back to us. Compared to other classes we have 1 stun, 1 jet charge and 1 grapple... while other classes have better and more reliable cc. use that.

I've seen a Trooper yank my team's BC into the safe zone, and it did kill the BC, but we still got a point before he died - he still passed over the goal line while carrying the ball. It actually helped us.

Why it didn't score for you I don't know.

I've seen a Trooper yank my team's BC into the safe zone, and it did kill the BC, but we still got a point before he died - he still passed over the goal line while carrying the ball. It actually helped us.

Why it didn't score for you I don't know.

Because the trigger for the score is only about jump height. If you pull them right before they walk over the line they get the point because they pass through the trigger, however if you pull them earlier they get too high and the score isn't registered.

Also to the person below this poster, there is a way to be able to stay in the safe zone without getting kicked. I'm not going to post it but there's a way to do it.

Also, a way to get around it (even though it is totally lame, though probably not an exploit but rather something they need to fix) is to pass the ball when he hooks you or is about to hook you. The hook has a 45 second CD.

Also, you can counter his bug with another bug, which is if you pass the ball to him while he's in the safe zone it will kill him, and give the ball back to your team. :D

It's not illegal to do that, and I'm doing it now, learnt it from this forum too.

We get kicked out of the warzone if we hang on there for too long

I think it's exploit, but if BW says it's legit I'm doing it. Can we get a link?

And yea if you stand up there too long you get ported out.

Apparently you've never played Huttball.

i agree with the above quote...because 90% of the time, when someone is close to the goal line, their resolve bar is MAXED from the 500000 CC attempts by noobs while he is walking down the ramp. so therefore i do not see this as a game breaking "exploit" i think the more annoying thing is getting yanked back down into the pit....

Two huttballs in a row now my team has not been able to score a single point. This is not due to incompetence, every time we were about to score the ball a powertech was camping his spawn just outside the shield and grappled the ball carrier to him instantly killing him and giving his team the ball.

This is a massive exploit, no one class should have that much power and control over their goal line. If you have any intention of keeping pvp fair this should be fixed immediately

Learn 2 Play.

First off it's impossible to camp the spawn because u get auto kicked.

Second, tthey can't pull you if you pass the ball or get close enough to the goal. This only works at maximum grapple range, otherwise it ends up scoring.

This just as legal as pulling some one into a hazard.

Edited by natrol

I support the use of Firepits and Acid to kill people with Grapple but this is most certainly an exploit. Being able to prevent the enemy team from scoring a single point because you can yank them into an instant kill area is beyond broken, especially when that kill area is right behind where they have to go.

I do this to people. I also agree that it is a terrible mechanic.

The whole reason I abuse this is to hopefully get as many people mad about it as possible; the more people complaining and making threads the faster the devs will do something about it.

the people saying this is "legal" or not an exploit are clueless idiots.

You can survive if pulled into acid/fire. You cannot do ANYTHING if you get pulled into the enemy spawn as it instagibs you.

I do this sometimes. But atleast I admit that Im a sad ****er when I do it...not like people going "LULULZ ITS FINE HERP DA DERP"

But do not worry, this is getting fixed in the future.

Edited by atreyuz