Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

CourtneyWoods

as long as the modern MMO generation care more about gear than fun open world PVP, there is nothing that pvp design or mechanics can do.

illum is a great battlefield if people just decide to fight each other, who cares if you dont get super epix for a kill? it is the battle that makes it fun.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi any fix in regards to the bug that seems to me lower rank Valor players get a higher% drop rate chance for gear in bags?

There is serveral threads in the pvp forum about this broken Rng system people opening as many as 40 bags and no gear inside at valor rank 55+ and other opening 6 bags and getting 100% items at valor rank 20 .

Please add valor requirement to all gear so we dont have to feel even worse about the rng system

thanks

Nice to have a PVP update.

What about a New Years social roleplay update, though? Add chat bubbles that were promised to be "high priority" for launch , according to James Ohlen and Georg Zöller at the fansite summit and beta forums respectively (they are certainly the top issue/priority for many roleplayers)? Perhaps allow us to sit on all chairs in the game? Give us more animated emotes like /liedown?

Please give us an update on the status of this! Roleplayers are an important group of customers as well, not just PVPers.

The Ilum kill quest is stupid. Now one faction won't be able to complete their weekly/daily unless people start kill trading as well.

Don't FORCE people to kill. Give us a REASON to. Some people may respond "Oh, but finishing your daily/weekly is a reason to". No, it's not. I might just avoid Ilum now.

So now instead of shooting a rocket at something 5 or 15 times... you're adding in a player kill count requirement. /facepalm.

Faction imbalances aside this is going to leave Ilum with tons of Empire just waiting for a Republic to poke their head out to get a kill and then yelling at other people when their kill count is done so they can get their zone flips.

Capturing Ilum needs to get a tangible faction benefit. I.E. 5% exp boost to your entire faction... or 5% faster crafting speed for your faction. Something to give meaning to holding this zone and a reason to fight for it. The valor buff is currently garbage and giving someone a quest for a bag isn't a meaningful pvp objective.

Solution: Capturing and holding an objective should give you 1/5 the reward that you currently spew out in warzones. The longer you hold the objective the rewards tick to those holding maybe every 25 mins?. I know in Warhammer, the Mythic devs had that loot roll system and public quest reward mechanic... I don't know coding from the next guy, but if you didn't rely on a daily quest to get people into Ilum and built the rewards into the zone itself maybe people would be out there. That way open world rewards would be equal to instanced pvp rewards.

As it stands Ilum is a waste of time... and it's about to just get more tedius reading this update.

Finally, you can't expect people to magically know how open world pvp works. You've gone to great lengths to prevent open world pvp by placing level 50 champion guard 2 inches apart from happening during the natural leveling process BY DESIGN which is a shame. Far be it from me to expect you to design an end game Open World PVP system and, by design, far be it from anyone to expect to kill the other faction let alone know they actually exist in the world since you never bump into them.

At this rate you're about to lose the open world pvp crowd if you haven't already lost them. And just adding a kill requirement is what Rift did to try and force open world pvp. Needless to say giving someone a daily quest to kill someone doesn't work. Ask the Warhammer devs about Dark Crag - Open RVR server in WARs hayday. We are a market but no ones doing it right lately.

Can we put this person on the Dev team please? Thanks.

We also have other exciting features coming in the near future including Ranked Warzone Matches, PvP Stat Tracking, Open World PvP Loot Drops, more Warzone medals for different objectives, Guard Optimizations and Target Optimizations.

WoW stole this from TOR! Wait.... Oops.

Just what we need - more WoW clones.

Would of been nice to see something to address the issues regarding animation delay and general lag problems which occur so frequently in PvP at the moment.

That said these changes look positive, although at least on Ahto City trying to find Republic to kill in Ilum is going to be pretty impossible, it's usually 20-30 empire to every 1 republic seen knocking about, and in such a large zone...

Would of been nice to see something to address the issues regarding animation delay and general lag problems which occur so frequently in PvP at the moment.

That said these changes look positive, although at least on Ahto City trying to find Republic to kill in Ilum is going to be pretty impossible, it's usually 20-30 empire to every 1 republic seen knocking about, and in such a large zone...

when Ilum dailies are rest there's around 80 empire on Ilum and 10 republic, Bloodworthy server :(

Please also address the differences in mirrored classes.

Operatives have their flash bomb AOE stun on a 60 second cool down while Scoundrel's version of the power is on 90 second.

There are several more but I figure this one should be easy to fix.

Great News! thanks for the update! Hope to see some of this stuff soon! and....

Return us to our group after the round, we don't want to have to constantly re-add to group to play together

Make this ^^^^^ a priority please!!! Soooo annoying!!

And what about faction imbalance in Ilum?

How are you supposed to kill the other faction, if they're outnumbering you by 2 to 1.

Happens in every MMO. Sorry to say, but either get in a PvP guild or just take your lumps. BW cannot control faction choices, though I guess they could try to keep the balance as even as possible on servers, which would mean limiting new players from rolling on certain servers.

Overall, I like his blog post. I am glad this game is putting a nice focus on PvP, as I think it is the most fun part of any end-game content in an MMO.