Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about faction imbalance in Ilum?

How are you supposed to kill the other faction, if they're outnumbering you by 2 to 1.

Agreed...

How does any of these above mention fixes supposed to adress the issue that we have 30 Imperials and 2 Republics in the zone at the same time ALL the time.

Fix imbalance in certain servers Bioware or you will lose a lot of people to just boredom.

Edited by Stuckov

No stuns on players with full resolve, no slow or roots on players with full resolve.

All stuns and other cc counting towards resolve.

I hope that is what they mean by "optimizing". Nothing is more annoying than getting stunned up to 8 times in a row.

Also fixing chain interrupts and bugged animations should be a priority in pvp. Making sure abilities that are being used also are actually used...

Everything sounds great but I would sacrifice ALL OF WHAT WAS SAID for better character responsiveness and a huge fix to the Warzone lag and FPS. My machine runs the entire game at 70+ fps, until i step foot in a warzone. (15fps)

You fix that, and then we can talk adding on

Edited by Tyyrael

Level 50 Bracket Warzones

Combat Gameplay Improvement

Ranked Warzone Matches

PvP Stat Tracking

More Warzone medals for different objectives

Target Optimizations

Enable team vs. team

More level brackets

Ability to choose which Warzone you want to play in

This near future update cannot come fast enough! :D

Also

...with nearly half of all players participating in Warzones.

About 50% players in TOR participate pvp. :eek:

Edited by Felene

No kidding, I'm *SO* sick of Huttball right now and 50-only bracket will only highlight the class balance issues.

There is few enough Republic on Illum now they'll be a very rare bird with these changes.

LOL You mean they won't be, they will be extinct.

How are you supposed to kill the other faction, if they're outnumbering you by 2 to 1.

Exactly, the most important issue Bioware has with PvP was not addressed. I hope they can see this and unpat themselves on the back. It would be nice if they noticed the most obvious issue PvP now faces.

Bioware, look at what people are saying, you are missing the hints.

First and foremost: I am definitely hoping for success. I enjoy the game, I want to keep playing it. I want it to get better.

I'm really hoping we see some combat optimization. Mortar Volley and Full Auto from my class, and sure if you have time do the other classes too ;)

Too early to talk balance, but there are some things worth looking into. Leave it at that.

50 bracket sounds good. More Ilum sounds good.

Please put any and all necessary effort into the PvP, as you said, people want it, play it and enjoy it!

Its funny to see people commenting that are actually pleased with some of these changes, people I may add that are not even 50 yet so do not fully realise the implications. Edited by Mohawkx

So if the dailies are going to require PvPing, are there going to be PvE dailies somewhere else for people to do that don't want to PvP?

I know there won't be much support for that in a PvP thread, but there's lots of people out there who don't do PvP and never will.

You call your friends on the phone and tell them to get on. It's open world PVP. Team-balanced PVP is something different, and you can queue for it at any time. Being able to get in as many people as you want into a PVP area is, by definition, the thing that makes open world pvp different than balanced-team pvp.

so glad pvp is being sorted out.

i hate going in to pvp battles with lvl 50s when im alot lower lvl, its killing my love for the game and pvp at the minute...

thankyou bioware...

Edited by CableNut

Being able to get in as many people as you want into a PVP area is, by definition, the thing that makes open world pvp different than balanced-team pvp.
Different here being that in the longrun no person of the underpopulated faction will even bother participating because of the lack of any chance of winning even once.

Even calling your friends want help, because an Imp Player can call more than double that number of friends.

You call your friends on the phone and tell them to get on. It's open world PVP. Team-balanced PVP is something different, and you can queue for it at any time. Being able to get in as many people as you want into a PVP area is, by definition, the thing that makes open world pvp different than balanced-team pvp.

Empire side: 1000 players

Republic: 333 players

As a republican I can get as many as I want - until I reach the maximum, i.e. 332

As a let's say SI (FotM :p) I can get up to 999 to join

And you seriously do not see the problem?

Edited by stupidhero