Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

Stuff like this is cool, to a point. Some of us for many reasons are not able to do some of the things for these puzzles. I get killed so many times in my class quest, even though I'm generally 5 levels above it. Some of us are just not that great at this stuff, doesn't mean we don't enjoy it. I kept hitting escape and watched a romance option like 10 times cause I enjoy that stuff so much.

Its just like high end raids or pvp. You should not be shafted if you are unable to raid or pvp or whatever specific action. I am not one to quit, but I was so mad in a Voidstar earlier today after the 20th time I got halted and killed by Sith lightning that I wanted to punch my screen. I had to step away. I should not have to go through that kind of crap to get high end gear. Also, I've had a quest to win a Warzone for 3 days now and everytime I'm in one, we loose (maybe its me lol).

It would be nice to have the color options available even with crap stats, just so we could have the color we want, as many have said in other posts. Why wont you respond to that question? So many of us just want a frickn purple crystal, were begging, give us a low end one please.

I am sorry I am being rude, I love so much about this game but am so frustrated by certain aspects.

Delekahn

p.s. I'm not all whine, in other games that will remain nameless, I learned hard to acquire schems, helped people get certain hard to get armor/items, ran daily raids, etc.. so, I am not adverse to challenges.

p.s.s So, with this Magenta schematic... do you have to get it yourself or can someone give it to you? I am 400 artifice on VORNSKR. So, if you want and its possible, bring me the schem and ill make it for you, if we have all the ingredients.

You admit you are bad at the game, yet you demand the top tier rewards? Why bother playing the game at all if everything was handed to you with no effort?

Some people enjoy a challenge. Some people strive to play their character better.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations guys, seems the one number was enough of a hint!

I have the feeling artifice crafters will be seeing increased business in the next little while.

It was great fun to watch this thread and the various investigations on Reddit over the course of the day. While the forums can sometimes be a bit of a inhospitable place, threads like this are really a beacon of light that show what this community can achieve when engaged and entertained.

You guys/gals are an amazing community and we're honored to have you with us.

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I organized a manhunt of around 40-50 guild members and friends once your hint emerged on the forums, and participated heavily in the Reddit thread. I love this stuff and would love to see more of it. Speaking of which... any hints regarding HK-51? =D

So correct me if I'm wrong....

PURPLE crystal = still extract from pvp gears? <-- ** is that the only way?

Magenta (pink in this case) = via artifice-able / craft-able.

** I'm more interested in purple rather than magenta **

idk if anyone has said it i dont feel like looking to find out. I have seen two of the schematics myself 33 power comes from Belsavis, 33 Endurance comes from Hoth. I have had the Magenta Endurance crystal made for me. The Adegan crystal isnt that hard to get once you know how to do it. Hardest part about the whole lightsaber crystal is the WB fights for the schematics. Also the schematics bind on pick up so dont lot unless you NEED it or you screw everyone over including yourself. Edited by DuranuLithdel

when Pvping... I really will not pay that much attention to red, pink, and purple. They are all close enough that when sabers & bolts are flying... I won't care or pay attention to em lol. I notice yellow, blue, and green more often.

So correct me if I'm wrong....

PURPLE crystal = still extract from pvp gears? <-- ** is that the only way?

Magenta (pink in this case) = via artifice-able / craft-able.

** I'm more interested in purple rather than magenta **

You cannot extract crystals from PvP sabers as they aren't modable so u cannot take anything from them, they are the way they are and cannot be made any different.

I know that the PvE tier 2-3 have sabers with purple colors and they are as far as i know extractable.

You cannot extract crystals from PvP sabers as they aren't modable so u cannot take anything from them, they are the way they are and cannot be made any different.

I know that the PvE tier 2-3 have sabers with purple colors and they are as far as i know extractable.

u mean PVP? what's PvE tier2-3? :confused:

What I find interesting is that BW made the raw crystal obtainable by a small group, at any time. The hard part of this is getting it made. Currently, on my server, there are 2 sith guilds farming the one and only place to get the recipe to MAKE the crystal.

People have gotten so frustrated trying to get that, they end up just selling the raw crystal on the GTN and forget it. The one or two Republic folks that managed to get the recipe are rarely on, never reply, or are charging over 1 mil to have it made.

Based on this, I'd like to recommend a few things...

1) Put a lockout timer of at LEAST a day for anyone who participated in killing the world boss that drops it.

2) Reduce the respawn timer on said beastie to around an hour, so the groups that do manage to get together to attempt to kill it don't dissolve because of the LONG wait between spawns. (I don't have the exact time on respawn, but I know its more than 1 hour).

These few changes should give more people a shot at getting the recipe since the boss doesn't even drop it every time. I'm holding on to my raw crystal in hopes that I will be able to get the recipe....and once I have it, I will make it only for the cost of mats.

The respawn timer on world bosses is horrendously low, almost ridiculously low. Coming from other games where respawn could be anywhere from 3 days to a full week, I think it should be lengthened.

To compensate, they definitely made it a not so common drop, somewhere between 10-20% it seems. But that's still way better than the white crystal (Which is NOT a schematic) off the Alderaan world boss.

The schematic is meant to be limited, but as few as 2 people can successfully get the materials to make it.

You admit you are bad at the game, yet you demand the top tier rewards? Why bother playing the game at all if everything was handed to you with no effort?

Some people enjoy a challenge. Some people strive to play their character better.

I guess I did not adequately get my point across. I feel certain parts are OP. I do enjoy a challenge, just not crazy *** challenges and running into a lightning meat cooker is not a fun way to get cool pvp gear. Yes, I need to improve my skills, but lightning attacks that root me continually and do massive damage is BS and you can't convince me otherwise. I've asked in another thread for help with elemental resistance. Please point me in the right direction for this help.

Also, putting very hard Elite mobs in a CLASS quest that I cannot repeat and cannot kill on my own I will never understand. In that model, I have to bring friends when I am not even sure I will need them, making most of the fights super easy.

Also, again I guess I don't get my thoughts across as I mean them. For cosmetic stuff like colors, I said I would like a lower power, lower level option. I have no aversion to working for great gear as I said in my post script.

Here is the kicker IMO as to why Bioware is lame for not giving us a broader color spectrum at lower levels. They tout the game as my story, my fantasy. Well, my fantasy for my Jedi is to wield two purple lightsabers. I am about to hit max level, my initial story is almost done. I have not lived this fantasy to my full expectations. Did I enjoy the story hell yes, but for me, the lack of purple was a great disappointment.

Sorry for the wall, this is why I am usually a lurker. Fear of getting flamed because I am not elite and my emotions can get the better of me.

Delekahn

P.s Sorry if veering slightly off topic, but this still applies to Georg's question

Edited by Delekahn

I think the boss spawn timers should be lowered also. Definitely to bi-weekly or once a day minimum. Keep rare items rare, it makes the game so much more fun to actually have challenges and not have everything handed to you. When everything is handed to you and all you need to do is kill X once to collect Y, every server will have clones and then people will sit in Org I mean Fleet and do nothing. When items are rare you have to socialize and explore continuously. Also, we definitely like these exploration/ puzzle based items, so keep them up, but make them even more creative and difficult!

i'd suggest a 3 day lockout on a player that successfully downed the boss. so that the one group pulling the boss, and keeping anyone else from even attempting , wound not have a monopoly.

This would be problematic and exacerbate the problem even further, not a viable solution in the slightest.

Scenario 1) If they are only locked out from obtaining loot, then raids would only have one artificer per kill. Eventually they will get to the point where they have multiple artificers with 2/3 schematics and each needing different ones. But they still will only invite one per kill and end up getting dupe after dupe after dupe.

Scenario 2) If they are locked out from engaging the boss at all, then it will encourage minimalistic kills where it's only say 5-6 people involved in a kill, again with only one artificer per. The dedicated raiders will start leveling up alts to 50 to maximize the number of chances, or even attempting to game the system by camping out, quick traveling or fleet passing all of the dps with 5% left. But they will still run into the same problem of getting the last of three schematics for any single artificer.

The bottom line is that the dedicated killers are only there to get the magenta schematics. Without a lockout, they are free to bring all of their artificers to every raid, and eliminate most of the dupe problems in getting each the last of the three (assuming no bad RNG streaks). So overall it will take them less kills to get what they need, and then likely will never bother again.

Keep in mind that, on average, it will be the same number of kills for any raid to get the schematics to drop. The dedicated raids are trying to scrunch up those kills into the smallest time frame possible, instead of lengthening it with only a kill or two each day across a few weeks. The sooner that each is done, the less of a conflict it is for everyone else.

Edited by Malakriss

Congratulations guys, seems the one number was enough of a hint!

I have the feeling artifice crafters will be seeing increased business in the next little while.

It was great fun to watch this thread and the various investigations on Reddit over the course of the day. While the forums can sometimes be a bit of a inhospitable place, threads like this are really a beacon of light that show what this community can achieve when engaged and entertained.

You guys/gals are an amazing community and we're honored to have you with us.

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I absolutely LOVE this kind of stuff, I love solving puzzles and this is a great puzzle, now I am going to be paying closer attention to what I see in the game that doesn't seem to mean anything.

Great work Bioware! Keep stuff like this coming please.

-- Georg

Yes and no.

Yes, more mystery - put some of your holocrons / perm. stat bonuses / relics etc. into this category - stuff that goes above and beyond to reward players.

Not for limiting one of the most immediately visible appearance customisations - i.e. lightsaber colour.

Colour crystals with no stats are something that I feel there should be a quest to complete or commendations / tokens of some sort granted to work towards.

I think PvP, world boss raiding etc. should definitely get you to the end result much faster and even offer (better) stat bonuses but an arbitrary restriction to artificially create scarcity of lightsaber colours and only offer one avenue to get there at max level shouldn't be the way to go in my opinion.

I don't mind that the patterns are on world bosses. However, what I would suggest is having them popped with some kind of rare item rather than the static repop timer.

Trust me, long time FFXI player here and having named bosses with pop timers is a BAD idea. The Belavis and Hoth world bosses are camped right now after this finding. It would make more sense to have a pop item that agros whoever pops it instead, that gives everyone a chance at patterns and gives you some control over the rarity of the item. You can make pop items require a process that can be done every so often.

The way it is now is a zerg fest for patterns.

Lastly, the puzzles are awesome! I am still working on the Well-fed Womprat one, I know its there..... right? :D

Edited by Rephlexie

Lovely thread and we seem to have a great community going on here. I read it from start to finish excited when you guys came up with more and more theories. Sadly I couldn't be in game and try and help out since i was stuck at work. Great job guys!

Im sure this has been asked/answered somewhere in this thread but sifting through all the pages is a bit daunting, so Ill shoot for a quick yes/no answer if possible. Are you only able to carry around one Magenta Adegan Crystal at a time?

I think its a great idea to give long puzzle like steps to find certain mats. Sure it takes longer but it might help to keep rare items rare and to build up communities like this forum helped to do. Anyone who remembers the true jedis from SWG can attest that people are willing to go the extra mile for something special in a game.