Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations guys, seems the one number was enough of a hint!

I have the feeling artifice crafters will be seeing increased business in the next little while.

It was great fun to watch this thread and the various investigations on Reddit over the course of the day. While the forums can sometimes be a bit of a inhospitable place, threads like this are really a beacon of light that show what this community can achieve when engaged and entertained.

You guys/gals are an amazing community and we're honored to have you with us.

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

Georg,

I think this sort of exploration content is one of the best parts of any MMO, especially when you get a bunch of people in the community working together to solve some mystery hidden in the world. I'd vote for adding a ton of content like this.

Those of us that like the Consular/Inquisitor storyline and lore will be all over that kind of content. I'd love to see that sort of exploration progression made into a complete endgame system if there's an interesting way to build complex scenarios (similar to what Earth and Beyond had way back in the day, for those that remember it).

--VelJharig

It's actually not difficult at all. There is no RNG element involved, nor do you need to be running around in endgame gear to obtain it, nor do you need an Operation to do so.

You may need a bit of time, but not a crazy amount either. All classes are capable of obtaining it. Think of it as something like a datacron.

Of course you also need to find an Artifice capable crafter with the recipe to turn the raw crystal it into a Lightsaber crystal, but for the right price, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Honestly, I was a bit amazed to find out that it is possible to have a mystery like this in an MMO. It's been in the game for a few months now (since beta).

Why the mystery? Why not serve it on a platter to those who want the color?

Well, for the same reason there aren't vendors at the start of the game with all the outfits, colors, colors, weapon appearances, etc. Because this is an RPG - some things are earned, not just handed to you on a silver platter. If you want them, you have to play the game.

Yes, we know character appearance is important for people. Hence many of the choices we made in the game, hence us adjusting many features based on feedback from the community during beta. However, the acquisition of appearance options is still a part of the game. You earn appearance past character creation, in various ways.

As said, the magenta adegan crystal is available for everyone and eventually someone will figure out how to get it. It's rare because it's undiscovered, not rare because it's terribly hard to get.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

Thank you for hint. However tell people that IF CRATFER ALREADY HAVE MATS AND WILL TRY TO TRADE WITH SOMEONE HIS CRAFTED GET AND MATS OF POOR GUY WIL JUST DISAPPEAR. Today i finally got all mats and found the guy who will craft me. I put everything to trade window and he putted already crafted crystal. After we pushed trade windw closed. but i had in my pocket nor crystal neither mats. I spent 2 days and abt 750k credits for it and what i have now?? Nothing. I wrote to support.. but they keeping SILENCE. All i want just to recive my crafted gem or my mats back. SUPPORT HELP ME.

Georg,

I think this sort of exploration content is one of the best parts of any MMO, especially when you get a bunch of people in the community working together to solve some mystery hidden in the world. I'd vote for adding a ton of content like this.

Those of us that like the Consular/Inquisitor storyline and lore will be all over that kind of content. I'd love to see that sort of exploration progression made into a complete endgame system if there's an interesting way to build complex scenarios (similar to what Earth and Beyond had way back in the day, for those that remember it).

--VelJharig

Also would like to add that I think this is kind of amazing and pretty much agree with everything this person has said :p

Part of me is sad though as I would've loved to use the pink light saber, though, well, most of my leveling up...and I won't be able to use it until 1 level before max (I know there is still a lot of content! I just wanted it for like my entire play rather than so late). Regardless, I love puzzles and exploring so it's definitely fairly awesome (even if it will take me a while until I get my dream pink light saber :p)

Does anyone know the respawn timer on the Belsavis world boss, and also does anyone know if the Hoth world boss drops the magenta schematic (any of the 3) at all? Someone way back earlier in this thread said that the Hoth one drops it too, but I'm not sure.

I'm just curious as to on everyone's server what the average price for 1 Corusca gem and 1 Lorrdian gem is? And how much are people selling their finished Magenta Crystals for?

On Saber of Exar Kun :

1 Corusca gem: ~10k

1 Lorrdian gem: ~4k

I've sold my Magenta Crystals that I crafted anywhere from 100k (for people who supplied me with Adegan Crystal and all mats) to 400k (people who have nothing and just ant Crystal) and I'm constantly getting *****ed out by players for being overpriced even though it costs about 120k for all mats (if I were to buy) and an hour and a half of time per Adegan Crystal and craft. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Does anyone know the respawn timer on the Belsavis world boss, and also does anyone know if the Hoth world boss drops the magenta schematic (any of the 3) at all? Someone way back earlier in this thread said that the Hoth one drops it too, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure it's 3 hours or less. Haven't had the Hoth boss drop one yet, but then the drop rate on the schematics is apparently 10% or less.

I'm pretty sure it's 3 hours or less. Haven't had the Hoth boss drop one yet, but then the drop rate on the schematics is apparently 10% or less.

Thanks. Any idea on the drop rate for the Belsavis world boss? (for any kind of the schematic)

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I love stuff like this and feel like every MMO should have more challenge to it these days where it all feels like easy mode and you're given everything right away. The whole mystery of unlocking the Jedi profession in SWG was one of the most amazing experience I've had in an MMO until the people ruined it by whining on the forums. I hope the same experience doesn't put Bioware off catering for the "hardcore" gamer rather than the Casual audience WoW seems to have ditched us for.

You need low rates to keep things rare, otherwise they just become so common and not special any more.

There is A LOT of vaporators on Tatooine, that's how the planet receives a large part of its water supply :)

However, it takes them some time to have a full water reservoir ready for harvesting, so you might have to look around a bit.

are*

(This is filler as my msg was to short)

Thank you for hint. However tell people that IF CRATFER ALREADY HAVE MATS AND WILL TRY TO TRADE WITH SOMEONE HIS CRAFTED GET AND MATS OF POOR GUY WIL JUST DISAPPEAR. Today i finally got all mats and found the guy who will craft me. I put everything to trade window and he putted already crafted crystal. After we pushed trade windw closed. but i had in my pocket nor crystal neither mats. I spent 2 days and abt 750k credits for it and what i have now?? Nothing. I wrote to support.. but they keeping SILENCE. All i want just to recive my crafted gem or my mats back. SUPPORT HELP ME.

I don't think the answer would to get rid of the social element of this which makes it fun. It would be to make safe ways to allow this social interaction so you do not get scammed in the future.

I don't personally care for it, but I appreciate that other people do. I like trying to find ways to datacrons that I can see, but searching randomly in this corner or that for the infinitesimally small chance that something might be tucked away there is not fun, for me.

Give me a puzzle, not a needle in a haystack.

I look forward to magenta crystals showing up on the GTN, but what I really want is purple. :(

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=903534

Edited by Felioats

As a side note. I like this kind of stuff. But. I don't have the resources (guild) to be able to do it. Though it was nicely played George. You restore some of my faith in you. Now how about some senior rare colors we can get on our own for those of is who may take months to find a guild we mesh with. Eh? Edited by CriticalMasses

Congrats again!

-- Georg

Stuff like this is cool, to a point. Some of us for many reasons are not able to do some of the things for these puzzles. I get killed so many times in my class quest, even though I'm generally 5 levels above it. Some of us are just not that great at this stuff, doesn't mean we don't enjoy it. I kept hitting escape and watched a romance option like 10 times cause I enjoy that stuff so much.

Its just like high end raids or pvp. You should not be shafted if you are unable to raid or pvp or whatever specific action. I am not one to quit, but I was so mad in a Voidstar earlier today after the 20th time I got halted and killed by Sith lightning that I wanted to punch my screen. I had to step away. I should not have to go through that kind of crap to get high end gear. Also, I've had a quest to win a Warzone for 3 days now and everytime I'm in one, we loose (maybe its me lol).

It would be nice to have the color options available even with crap stats, just so we could have the color we want, as many have said in other posts. Why wont you respond to that question? So many of us just want a frickn purple crystal, were begging, give us a low end one please.

I am sorry I am being rude, I love so much about this game but am so frustrated by certain aspects.

Delekahn

p.s. I'm not all whine, in other games that will remain nameless, I learned hard to acquire schems, helped people get certain hard to get armor/items, ran daily raids, etc.. so, I am not adverse to challenges.

p.s.s So, with this Magenta schematic... do you have to get it yourself or can someone give it to you? I am 400 artifice on VORNSKR. So, if you want and its possible, bring me the schem and ill make it for you, if we have all the ingredients.

I love this kind of stuff. Plus i am getting rich from it. Selling The 33 crit Magenta one for 500-800k so making a pretty penny now that we make 4 every 40 min :)

The whole thing about finding clues was neat, although the whole treassure hunt for me was on this thread, because I wouldnt have the imagination to go look on tattooine for a little buff and then continue to a mountain peek to have my moisture frozen.

It's been great fun following the development and i wish there was a lot more of this. (Might be alrdy). Did the 10+ all stat Datacron today too an that was really fun.

You don't need a guild or a raid group to get this thing. The Force Ghost is easily killed by a normal 4 man grp, pugable on Illum.

To some of these other posters, I have to say that if you aren't great at the game but enjoy it, good for you, we all have our different ways. But if you want end game gear you have to work for it.

What incentive would the hardcore gamers/raiders have to do all that work and farm so much of everything to get gear if the random casual guy gets handed everything for free????

Btw normal operations seems to be easier than Hard mode FPs, especially when half of the FPs are bugged beyond repair and massively overtuned! (FIX REVAN for crying out loud, he oneshots ppl!!!! )

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I hate that kind of stuff. Absolutely hate it because it just boils down to finding a needle in a haystack when there may not even be a needle in the first place.

I would much rather it was something along the lines of finding an esoteric clue to the location after doing research in the Jedi library that would take you right to the location if you could decypher the cryptic clues.

I also abhor that the ony way to get recipies to make interesting lightsaber colors seems to be solely from killing world bosses.

I also hate the RNG needed to proc the better blue recipies from greens and purple recipies from blues.

The crafting system as implemented in your game has been a huge letdown for me.

Edited by Ellisande

I hate that kind of stuff. Absolutely hate it because it just boils down to finding a needle in a haystack when there may not even be a needle in the first place.

I would much rather it was something along the lines of finding an esoteric clue to the location after doing research in the Jedi library that would take you right to the location if you could decypher the cryptic clues.

I also abhor that the ony way to get recipies to make interesting lightsaber colors seems to be solely from killing world bosses.

I also hate the RNG needed to proc the better blue recipies from greens and purple recipies from blues.

The crafting system as implemented in your game has been a huge letdown for me.

I don't get why everyone is complaining so much about the crystal. It's extremely easy now that it's out and I've made well over 40 magenta crystals in the last few days.

As for the crafting system that's part of the game. If you don't like if you're forced to move on. It's kind of makes me feel good when I've crafted for so long and finally get that upgrade. The actual obtaining of materials isn't too expensive and it's very easy to make credits in the game especially if you're above level 40.

I'm personally concerned about the people who appear to be camping the crystal on Ilum. Can they actually harvest the crystal if another group kills the mob?

I can't imagine why else they'd be standing there otherwise...

Pretty terrible if they can.

I'm personally concerned about the people who appear to be camping the crystal on Ilum. Can they actually harvest the crystal if another group kills the mob?

I can't imagine why else they'd be standing there otherwise...

Pretty terrible if they can.

maybe they're waiting for a group to kill it?