Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I enjoy obscure/involved exploration and experimentation. It hearkens back to the old days of EQ before spoiler sites proliferated and/or the release of the original epic quests, whose design precepts truly made them epic quests rather than merely quests which resulted in a really awesome item. The experience of hunting around for how to complete stage after stage with a large community contributing was very, very memorable. I'm not an artificer, so I didn't really have anything to do with this one, but judging from the thread size, this was probably a (much compacted, simply due to the comparative size of community and thus ability to parallelize man-hours) echo of those days.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally concerned about the people who appear to be camping the crystal on Ilum. Can they actually harvest the crystal if another group kills the mob?

I can't imagine why else they'd be standing there otherwise...

Pretty terrible if they can.

You have to have the shock water in your inventory to be able to loot the magenta crystal. You have to have the primary aggro of the boss to loot the crystal (i.e. his health bar is red to you)

More likely the reason that they are camping that spot is either for the chest, or they are interested in seeing if any pvp flagged players are stupid enough to aggro the boss when the other faction is standing nearby.

We had been flagged for pvp, decided to go kill this guy, were well on the way, about 5-10 minutes into the fight, suddenly a stealthy type sith pops out in the middle of us and proceeds to kill the healer, then the dps (with the bosses help after his tank stun), then on to the tank with the boss again, then when the boss aggro'd him because we were all dead, he just did his cheap little stealth out of combat trick.

We revive on the spot, heal up, do a perimeter search, wait a bit, nobody is around, so we attack the boss again, sure enough when we have the boss about 3/4 of the way dead and are all running low on force, here comes the exact same stealthy bastard again. Frustrating, lol. We ended up going to the med center, unflagging, waiting the timer out, then going back again, sure enough we were halfway through the boss fight when that sith popped up in the middle of us again hoping we would hit him with an aoe or mistarget and attack him or something.

I don't mind the first time, we were obviously flagged and ok, that was good pvp tactics, wait until the enemy has their hands full and can't react.

The second time was just frustrating, really you tool? You already killed us all once, we know you can when we have a 212k lvl 50 champion that hits like a truck attacking us at the same time....... get a life. But ok, my bad for not anticipating that and unflagging from the get go.

The third time would have been harassment if we had accidentally hit him since he was flagged and running around the middle of our fight deliberately trying to get us to hit him by mistake AFTER he's killed us twice. We left and came back un-flagged, leave us alone, This is a PVE server where PVP is supposed to be consensual.

On a side note, we also had a friendly neighborhood juggernaut stop by and start smacking the boss with us, no idea why he did it, but it was much appreciated :-) (until he drew too much aggro and the boss attacked him, very short life span with no healers in attendance for him, I wasn't about to try healing him and risk getting flagged with the tool still running around the middle of our fight).

But we still got the mats, went out and killed (and were killed in return) some Sith after it was all said and done. A fun and interesting night :-)

You have to have the shock water in your inventory to be able to loot the magenta crystal. You have to have the primary aggro of the boss to loot the crystal (i.e. his health bar is red to you)

But we still got the mats, went out and killed (and were killed in return) some Sith after it was all said and done. A fun and interesting night :-)

Good Job, but I'm afraid this is not the case. You CAN loot the crystal as long as the champion is down regardless of whether or not he is red to you before he died. The crystal that drops is open world lootable as long as you have the shockwater. I don't mind this issue as he is a very hard champion to beat and if you didn't get the shockwater anyway then you can't get the gem. Remember, the gem is useless without the schematic; and that creates the opportunity for your toon to get a rare crystal, provided you can secure the other mats.

Edited by legiongrey

Yeah if we are gonna work for the most powerful PVE weapon, don't make it a black lightsaber. That is a really bad idea. Most people think having black sabers in the game alone is stupid enough, don't make us choose the dumbest weapon because it is strongest.. There is nothing iconic about it.

Congratulations guys, seems the one number was enough of a hint!

I have the feeling artifice crafters will be seeing increased business in the next little while.

It was great fun to watch this thread and the various investigations on Reddit over the course of the day. While the forums can sometimes be a bit of a inhospitable place, threads like this are really a beacon of light that show what this community can achieve when engaged and entertained.

You guys/gals are an amazing community and we're honored to have you with us.

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

I really really love this! I just hope you guys eventually have other Crew Skills have something just as fun, difficult and random.

And absolutely abhor it and think it's garbage.

I don't mind if there's some effort in it but i'm absoluteyl sick of such hidden away rewards so many folks may never know about unless they only find out about it from reading the forums.

Shouldn't have to read the forums for spoilers in order to find things we want or read guides for remarkably lamely hidden bonuses and easter eggs the average player would NEVER find on their own.

It's absolutely stupid.

Couldnt agree more, especially considering it took developer hits to get it. Lame'o.

EDIT: Got the mats with my guildies however when we went to kill the primeval destroyer on Belsavis part way through the fight he would reset. Tried it multiple times and kept on getting the same result.

Anyone have this issue?

Edited by Lacedemon

Lol you are a few pages too many behind :p Figured that out about 10 minutes after I posted it. Thanks for your response though :)

lol yeah it happens, I noticed that after I hit reply and saw the page jumped from the 50's to 70.

LF someone who has this recipe @ the empire in port nowhere, or someguys who are willing to farm it, im an artificer with 400 skill, got all the mats to make it for me, and if you have the magenta crystal i got mats to make it for you too (got like 4x)

EDIT: Got the mats with my guildies however when we went to kill the primeval destroyer on Belsavis part way through the fight he would reset. Tried it multiple times and kept on getting the same result.

Anyone have this issue?

Are you killing the adds? If so, he enrages and will one shot most of the group.

However, if he is just resetting, maybe he's just getting tired of getting farmed every few hours. lol.

Are you killing the adds? If so, he enrages and will one shot most of the group.

However, if he is just resetting, maybe he's just getting tired of getting farmed every few hours. lol.

Nope we are leaving the adds alive, just having someone aggro them and then leaving them

I just bought the mageta crystal off GTN for 4000 credits. The person sellling had 2 up, one for 500,000 and one accidentally for ~4000. I am a lucky bastard...

It's a lot closer to red than I would like, you might only notice the difference if you have been using a red saber.

Edited by sol_

I just bought the mageta crystal off GTN for 4000 credits. The person sellling had 2 up, one for 500,000 and one accidentally for ~4000. I am a lucky bastard...

It's a lot closer to red than I would like, you might only notice the difference if you have been using a red saber.

Well that's a let down, we got enough of the Ilum crystal to kit out the whole raid force (and i have enough coursa gems spare to make em all from trying to crit on my yellow crystal) :(

I think little easter eggs like this are awesome, although I myself don't have the time to hunt them down, but it's great seeing the excitement of others caught up in it.

Having said that, I really wish lightsaber colors were excluded from being such high-level must-group needle-haystack things. It's really boring fighting your way through levels 10 to 49 seeing only four or five lightsaber colors ever. We really need more lightsaber colors throughout the game, not at cap when the story ends and the character is ready to be retired. It sucks that throughout the bulk of the game there's only a very limited selection and you only get a wide selection when the game is ending.

Nope we are leaving the adds alive, just having someone aggro them and then leaving them

We had a similar problem last night to what you are describing. There is something going on with the taunt. He literally reset at 0% and only 1k life on us once. gah!

I think little easter eggs like this are awesome, although I myself don't have the time to hunt them down, but it's great seeing the excitement of others caught up in it.

Having said that, I really wish lightsaber colors were excluded from being such high-level must-group needle-haystack things. It's really boring fighting your way through levels 10 to 49 seeing only four or five lightsaber colors ever. We really need more lightsaber colors throughout the game, not at cap when the story ends and the character is ready to be retired. It sucks that throughout the bulk of the game there's only a very limited selection and you only get a wide selection when the game is ending.

/agree I hate being stuck with red,yellow and orange when what I really want is green or purple. I know I could have gone light side and had green but it just didn't feel right and as far as late game raid type drops go that's where silver, black, turqoise, and brown should be

however when we went to kill the primeval destroyer on Belsavis part way through the fight he would reset. Tried it multiple times and kept on getting the same result.

Anyone have this issue?

He also liked to reset after the first pull at about 70-80%.

When asked both healers confirmed to be having enough force/cooldowns to continue right on, there was only a little trouble with our dps when they didn't allow me to start all over with tanking without cooldowns, adrenalins, rage and relics. But it worked out fine and he only resets the first time we pull him.

First we thought our range dps kiter took one add out too far but even if he stays in the lake the boss resets. Don't know why ... but as I said he only resets once after the pull and then you can kill him without further problems.

Edited by Mitsch