Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the easy way to stop people from camping the world boss is by implementing a "count rate"....

Maybe each person have 3 times available to kill it. Un-successful/ Fail attempt is not counted.... It could be implemented as a separate category under the mission, 'World Boss' - Boss X (0/3)... Non-reset-able, can be abandon (but doesn't reset the 'count rate').

Yes and no.

Yes, more mystery - put some of your holocrons / perm. stat bonuses / relics etc. into this category - stuff that goes above and beyond to reward players.

Not for limiting one of the most immediately visible appearance customisations - i.e. lightsaber colour.

Colour crystals with no stats are something that I feel there should be a quest to complete or commendations / tokens of some sort granted to work towards.

I think PvP, world boss raiding etc. should definitely get you to the end result much faster and even offer (better) stat bonuses but an arbitrary restriction to artificially create scarcity of lightsaber colours and only offer one avenue to get there at max level shouldn't be the way to go in my opinion.

^ I agree.

I just want to change the colour of my lightsaber to something I like that I feel suits my character while I level and play the game, I'd use it even if the stats were mediocre or poor.

You cannot extract crystals from PvP sabers as they aren't modable so u cannot take anything from them, they are the way they are and cannot be made any different.

I know that the PvE tier 2-3 have sabers with purple colors and they are as far as i know extractable.

So you saying you can't get the purple crystal in PVE ? And have anybody seen a schematic for one ? For Crafting ?

[snip]

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

This was awesome! I hope there are a lot more of these, personally. Even though I didn't participate in this at all, this was by far my favorite thing that has happened in SWTOR so far. Keep up the good work!

Btw, please let us know if you enjoy these kind of exploration driven activities (or hate them). We intend to run this game for a long time and knowing what you guys like or dislike helps us better gauging the kind of content we should plan for :)

Congrats again!

-- Georg

There should be NO END to these kind of puzzles in the game! NO END I TELL YOU!

Get the water buff on Tatooine from the moisture vaporator things in Jundland.

then travel to the really tall mountain on Hoth (X-907,Y 637)

You will get the Pure Shockfrozen Water placed in your inventory.

Climbed the mountain with the water buff and got the high altitude debuff but nothing added to my inventory...

Edited by Melkathi

Im sure this has been asked/answered somewhere in this thread but sifting through all the pages is a bit daunting, so Ill shoot for a quick yes/no answer if possible. Are you only able to carry around one Magenta Adegan Crystal at a time?

I am pretty sure you can only possess one at a time. I do know you can't even see the clickable water tower gauge once you have the buff so I think it's an item limitation of one. Although I can understand the confusion because once you have the Pure Shockfrozen water it actually has an item number of 1. Perhaps once you do have this item you can stack them. Let me know if you try.

Edited by legiongrey

Climbed the mountain with the water buff and got the high altitude debuff but nothing added to my inventory...

hmmm. I have taken about 5 guildies up there and had no issue. Make sure you do have the buff and climb the mountain just N of the Leth Outpost (Imperial). It is called Pure Shockfrozen Water or something.

Well fighting the lvl 50 champion ghost on Ilum is no easy feat so...

I'm not as worried about that. I won't be running off to Ilum until I'm close to 50... which isn't that far off.

But hearing about the world bosses being camped, with low drop rates, and long respawns... well.. Ugh.

I'm actually not interested in the magenta color myself. I just want to sell them. :)

hmmm. I have taken about 5 guildies up there and had no issue. Make sure you do have the buff and climb the mountain just N of the Leth Outpost (Imperial). It is called Pure Shockfrozen Water or something.

Thanks.

Worked on the second attempt.

Seems with my impecable timing, the buff ran out just as I climbed the mountain :)

Either that, or the hydro-thinner in my inventory that I clicked, removed the water. But I'd wager its the loosing the buff last minute ;)

I'm not as worried about that. I won't be running off to Ilum until I'm close to 50... which isn't that far off.

But hearing about the world bosses being camped, with low drop rates, and long respawns... well.. Ugh.

I'm actually not interested in the magenta color myself. I just want to sell them. :)

I can totally appreciate that. Our guild has an agreement with another guild and we alternate loot based on IF the schem drops. Our guild agreed to pass on the first schem drop and we will get the next one (I am the only artifice in our guild). The schem dropped the FIRST time we downed him. This is a nice idea because it allows trading and sharing between the haves/havenots w/o adding a ton of cost from a guild bank. Basically, once the schem dropped I unloaded all the mats we needed and got the dps the crystal (the crit crystal dropped) and that was that. If the next schem that drops is the endurance stat our guild will return the favor. I am not saying this is the IDEAL way (everyone will have an opinion). However, there is a way for you, as an artifice to MAKE this work.

Edited by legiongrey

If they are unique, how does that work for Sentinels and Marauders?

Im sure the finished product isnt unique, my question was referring to the Magenta Adegan Crystal that you obtain once you down the Force Ghost. I have one in my bags already and was curious if i could keep killing the ghost and stocking up on Adegan Crystals for when I finally get the recipe, or if the process is doable only one crystal at a time.

Im sure the finished product isnt unique, my question was referring to the Magenta Adegan Crystal that you obtain once you down the Force Ghost. I have one in my bags already and was curious if i could keep killing the ghost and stocking up on Adegan Crystals for when I finally get the recipe, or if the process is doable only one crystal at a time.

You can't.

I bothered to make two trips from Tatooine to Hoth, and than kill the Force Ghost twice to find it out.

Pity! :(

And Georg, to answer your question, I would like to echo what others have said: Puzzles for rare stuff are good and well, but putting those restrictions on something as menial in functionality as a lightsaber color was a really poor decision. How could you not pay attention to the infinite posts from excited people about customizing their jedi or sith to have their saber be a certain color? It feels like a very arbitrary and selfish decision on the developers' part to just decide to take a popular JEDI lightsaber color (purple), and allow the empire to earn it and not the republic. I had hope, thinking we could get it from world bosses, even though it's crap that a neutral color be awarded to only one faction through pvp, but even the world boss drop is PINK. That's nonsense.

I think I recall someone telling why it's this way not the other.

Lightsaber colors were made so rare to distinguish players that have accomplished something. Purple went to Empire, cause Cyan got it into Republic and they didn't see any other good-looking color to give as an alternative to Siths.

Two things puzzle me though:

- How the heck did they came with lightsaber colors instead of something obvious and ten times better: The Armors. Armors should be made to distinguish players. Not ever lightsabers. Someone must have seriously oversight huge part of Star Wars lore. If it'd be Star Wars Galaxies - it could work, but NOT in a game taking place before the battles of Ruusan.

- They allowed black-cored sabers to be the highest PvE status weapons?! Oh my god... facepalm isn't enough.

If the next schem that drops is the endurance stat our guild will return the favor. I am not saying this is the IDEAL way (everyone will have an opinion). However, there is a way for you, as an artifice to MAKE this work.

Are these schematics one-offs or permanent?

Lightsaber colors were made so rare to distinguish players that have accomplished something.

You'll never see what I accomplished :D I'll stick to my yellow blade to the end of time. Yellow is the color I always wanted for my saber, even my saber in RL has a yellow blade.

I also don't need show off armor. In most games such armor looks a lot worse then most other armor, it's just shiny and bright.

Distinctivnes is cool, but not if it's forced upon people. DJs should be able to use blue crystals, as Jedi should be able to use red ones. If one does not want that for RP reasons, up to him. Others want it just because of that.

Give people a nice title for accomplishment, but don't make other players eyes hurt if they have to see the super-duper-purple-yellow-dancing-armor.