Reevaluate the difficulty of the Eternal Championship

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

I do agree with you on Uprisings - having Story mode being harder than Vet mode is an actual "out-of-balance" example.

I would also add Vet mode KOTFE/KOTET to the Unbalanced pile because all that content is solo-targeted, and, as such, it should not exceed a difficulty of Vet flashpoints.

Eternal Championship though - not so much.

So, you think KOTXX vet mode is unbalanced, but not the Eternal Championship? They both suffer from the exact same issue related to scaling being broken, and I'd argue the eternal championship suffers from it worse due to its design! 

You mind elaborating on why you think KOTxx and Uprisings have messed up balance, but not the Eternal Championship?

Edited by DaddyAlduin

Get gud, get gud, is not about taking it personally it's about people not being BORG. Just because someone trains to be a doctor doesn't them a good one! If it's SOLO content then it should have a Easy, VET, and NiM mode to choose. My problem isn't laziness or stupidity its FATIGUE!

6 minutes ago, DaddyAlduin said:

I hope you realize all this means nothing as it all has absolutely nothing to do with the point of this discussion.

Yes it does actually you claim because of the current balance this content cannot be completed by you or some others

I did it on the worst dps in the game and provided proof someone else did it on an assassin

When I told you earlier I wasnt going to sugar coat the results If I succeeded at this with the spec I mentioned... Here it is

You obviously do suck ass at lightning sorc period... Now that I have officially said it 

You are making countless excuses of why the balance has prevented you from completing this content I just linked you proof this content can be completed on the worst dps in the game

If you do not have the personal character to dig deep and persevere then maybe this game isnt for you anymore

It has been proven this content can still be completed post 7.0 I linked that proof by doing it on a literal meme set up I am not that good of a player

If half the PvPers who see me on star forge were to enter the thread they would undoubtedly say I am if anything trash at this game

This is a you issue the only people in this thread with viable reasons of why they cannot complete this content is because they have physical disabilities

In case you arent keeping track Ill remind you yet again

I did this on a gunslinger a class that at the time had no self heals I also completed it just now on arsenal merc which is the worst DPS in the game

You are on a Lightning Sorc A good DPS class *WITH* self heals

Anything you say after this point is you being in denial about your *Inability* as a player and apparently a man as I have literally proven this content can be completed 

3 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

Get gud, get gud, is not about taking it personally it's about people not being BORG. Just because someone trains to be a doctor doesn't them a good one! If it's SOLO content then it should have a Easy, VET, and NiM mode to choose. My problem isn't laziness or stupidity its FATIGUE!

Don't let anything anyone says here get you down. People just like to be contrarions, no matter how much sense it makes!

Just now, Luciferior said:

Yes it does actually you claim because of the current balance this content cannot be completed by you or some others

I did it on the worst dps in the game and provided proof someone else did it on an assassin

When I told you earlier I wasnt going to sugar coat the results If I succeeded at this with the spec I mentioned... Here it is

You obviously do suck ass at lightning sorc period... Now that I have officially said it 

You are making countless excuses of why the balance has prevented you from completing this content I just linked you proof this content can be completed on the worst dps in the game

If you do not have the personal character to dig deep and persevere then maybe this game isnt for you anymore

It has been proven this content can still be completed post 7.0 I linked that proof by doing it on a literal meme set up I am not that good of a player

If half the PvPers who see me on star forge were to enter the thread they would undoubtedly say I am if anything trash at this game

This is a you issue the only people in this thread with viable reasons of why they cannot complete this content is because they have physical disabilities

In case you arent keeping track Ill remind you yet again

I did this on a gunslinger a class that at the time had no self heals I also completed it just now on arsenal merc which is the worst DPS in the game

You are on a Lightning Sorc A good DPS class *WITH* self heals

Anything you say after this point is you being in denial about your *Inability* as a player and apparently a man as I have literally proven this content can be completed 

Whole lotta text to say "I have completely missed the point so now I'm going to try and resort to personal attacks and straight lie about what you've said." 

Reread what I've said multiple times throughout this discussion. Until ya do, and until you're willing to have a meaningful discussion, I ain't gonna engage with you any further. 

11 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

The Eternal Championship isn't the place to ask for nerfs so everyone can complete it solo.

It was supposed to be challenging solo content.  Something that helps prepares players to do hard mode content in the game.  That means that you are supposed to be at a reasonable skill level (and unfortunately also be physically capable of reaching that level).   That is be capable of at least playing at a level than can do MM flashpoints, which not every player is going to be able to reach.

You have to able to position yourself properly, target switch, use your dcds/interrupts/cc's/ect as well as some companion micromanagement.  This just is NOT going to be possible for every player unless they nerf things down to the current  class story level of difficulty.   That sort of a nerf would make the championship meaningless.

I haven't done the championship in 7.0, so can't chime in on it's current difficulty level. 

Although when I did to it I remember the most annoying part was having to play all 10 levels at once.  Get stuck on a boss or have to leave the game, and you had to start all over again at level 1.  It's just too much of a time commitment for me to bother with it nowadays.

Adding an option to select individual boss's would be good. 

• Like 1

@DaddyAlduin Then you might as well delete this thread because the people claiming this content cannot be completed because of current balance has been proven false 

You are welcome to give up and cry then because I will continue to come back to this thread and remind you that this content can be completed anytime you try to claim otherwise because of *the balance*

Just because it cant be completed by you or a few others doesnt mean it needs to be changed and to put it bluntly If they change this content because of people like you this game deserves to be shut down then

And for the record I have not lied about a single thing...

You claimed at the beginning part of this thread there was a insta kill mechanic that was dropping you after investigation it was yielded that the only insta kill mechanics in this event were in fact not the reason you were dying...

On 3/25/2024 at 10:32 PM, DaddyAlduin said:

The Eternal Championship is WAY overtuned. On a level 80 lightning sorc, on a build I am very experienced with, with a rank 50 Lana, the regular solo Eternal Championship is *way* too difficult. There have been numerous threads I have found highlighting this before, with nothing being done to remedy it. I do not know whether it is due to the way level scaling works and its issues, an update unintentionally whacking its difficulty up, or whatever; unless you play in the 100% most optimal way, it is nigh-impossible, and if it is planned to be a seasonal challenge again, this is something that needs to be looked at.

You claim to be experienced at your spec while using a companion like Lana yet you fail to complete this content

I beat this content today on the worst DPS in the game...

You are in denial about how experienced you really are and with that insecurity you are trying to get this content nerfed/adjusted So you can complete it

You have refused to heed the words of anyone here who *HAS* completed and made it clear what the mechanics are and how to deal with them

Without taking a ounce of humility and maybe understand those of us who have completed this content as of 7.0 or even in the past fiscal year might just know what we are talking about 

Yet you still refuse you cling to the idea the balance is the reason why it cannot be done despite the fact it has been proven as of today that it can be

You are welcome to hide from me in this thread or block/report me if you feel the need 

I am not the only person in this thread that is going to remind you of the reality that you refuse to ignore

Screenshot_2024-03-27_13_07_31_629069.jpg

3 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

The Eternal Championship isn't the place to ask for nerfs so everyone can complete it solo.

It was supposed to be challenging solo content. 

By what definition is "Challenging SOLO content?" Seriously? Is it something that can be defined by "People can SOLO MM Flashpoints? Heroic-4 content? Heck even VET FP's? NONE of that content was intended to be SOLO. What are we using for context?

8 minutes ago, Luciferior said:

@DaddyAlduin Then you might as well delete this thread because the people claiming this content cannot be completed because of current balance has been proven false 

You are welcome to give up and cry then because I will continue to come back to this thread and remind you that this content can be completed anytime you try to claim otherwise because of *the balance*

Just because it cant be completed by you or a few others doesnt mean it needs to be changed and to put it bluntly If they change this content because of people like you this game deserves to be shut down then

And for the record I have not lied about a single thing...

You claimed at the beginning part of this thread there was a insta kill mechanic that was dropping you after investigation it was yielded that the only insta kill mechanics in this event were in fact not the reason you were dying...

You claim to be experienced at your spec while using a companion like Lana yet you fail to complete this content

You are in denial about how experienced you really are and with that insecurity you are trying to get this content nerfed/adjusted So you can complete it

You have refused to heed the words of anyone here who *HAS* completed and made it clear what the mechanics are and how to deal with them

Without taking a ounce of humility and maybe understand those of us who have completed this content as of 7.0 or even in the past fiscal year might just know what we are talking about 

Yet you still refuse you cling to the idea the balance is the reason why it cannot be done despite the fact it has been proven as of today that it can be

You are welcome to hide from me in this thread or block/report me if you feel the need 

I am not the only person in this thread that is going to remind you of the reality that you refuse to ignore

Screenshot_2024-03-27_13_07_31_629069.jpg

Whole lotta text to say "I have completely missed the point so now I'm going to try and resort to personal attacks and straight lie about what you've said." 

Reread what I've said multiple times throughout this discussion. Until ya do, and until you're willing to have a meaningful discussion, I ain't gonna engage with you any further. 

9 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It was supposed to be challenging solo content.  Something that helps prepares players to do hard mode content in the game.  That means that you are supposed to be at a reasonable skill level (and unfortunately also be physically capable of reaching that level).   That is be capable of at least playing at a level than can do MM flashpoints, which not every player is going to be able to reach.

You have to able to position yourself properly, target switch, use your dcds/interrupts/cc's/ect as well as some companion micromanagement.  This just is NOT going to be possible for every player unless they nerf things down to the current  class story level of difficulty.   That sort of a nerf would make the championship meaningless.

I haven't done the championship in 7.0, so can't chime in on it's current difficulty level. 

Although when I did to it I remember the most annoying part was having to play all 10 levels at once.  Get stuck on a boss or have to leave the game, and you had to start all over again at level 1.  It's just too much of a time commitment for me to bother with it nowadays.

Adding an option to select individual boss's would be good. 

And I agree with this! Having difficult solo content is nothing but a good thing! Literally my only issue is that the current balance has been broken compared to what it was designed for!

1 minute ago, JakRoanin said:

By what definition is "Challenging SOLO content?" Seriously? Is it something that can be defined by "People can SOLO MM Flashpoints? Heroic-4 content? Heck even VET FP's? NONE of that content was intended to be SOLO. What are we using for context?

Harder than normal solo content.  More like veteran chapter level difficulty (when they came out, not as they are now).  I think you're equating solo with story, and that's not the case here.

Veteran and Master kotfe/et chapters are also solo content, but no one expects them to be doable by the lowest skilled players.

31 minutes ago, DaddyAlduin said:

So, you think KOTXX vet mode is unbalanced, but not the Eternal Championship? They both suffer from the exact same issue related to scaling being broken, and I'd argue the eternal championship suffers from it worse due to its design! 

You mind elaborating on why you think KOTxx and Uprisings have messed up balance, but not the Eternal Championship?

Sure. Eternal Championship has no Story/Vet/Master mods - it's one level of difficulty for everyone, with fights getting progressively more difficult with each round. You keep saying it's "not operating as designed", however, since you're not the original designer, you can't objectively know how it was designed. Based on what was said by Bioware when the Championship was announced (https://www.swtor.com/blog/eternal-championship), "Only those who are skilled and diligent enough will work their way towards the final round in hopes of unseating the Eternal Champion." So, by that statement alone, it is working as intended.

KOTXX, on the other hand, was created with several levels of difficulty in mind, similar to other types of content in the game. It was also created as a primarily solo content since only instance owner can receive any progression. Veteran level flashpoints are created with 2 players + 2 companions in mind. However, KOTXX veteran level is more difficult (while meant to be completed by a single player, often even without a companion) than majority of Veteran level flashpoints. Hence, why I feel KOTXX veteran level is unbalanced.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Luciferior said:

this is a completely delusional take? arsenal is by far not the worst class to complete this, try doing it on corruption or something - or if you want a dps do it on something with no stuns and no utility like engineering sniper

this is not group content, this is free play - classes that have off heals have a massive advantage, nevermind trauma regulators etc etc, but no keybinds no cd text idk

i know people don't wanna hear it, but the issue here is clearly missing knowledge, people who can't beat this simply don't know how to play their class - there really isn't nothing more to it, but that doesn't mean that you do just because you can beat it

Edited by ZUHFB

No, I'm not. I know the difference between Story and SOLO. But harder than Story content could be the SOLO Revan fight. That could be the "Easy" level. MM KOTFE/KOTET content, could be the VET level, and the current iteration could be MM. What is wrong with asking for options?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

Sure. Eternal Championship has no Story/Vet/Master mods - it's one level of difficulty for everyone, with fights getting progressively more difficult with each round. You keep saying it's "not operating as designed", however, since you're not the original designer, you can't objectively know how it was designed. Based on what was said by Bioware when the Championship was announced (https://www.swtor.com/blog/eternal-championship), "Only those who are skilled and diligent enough will work their way towards the final round in hopes of unseating the Eternal Champion." So, by that statement alone, it is working as intended.

KOTXX, on the other hand, was created with several levels of difficulty in mind, similar to other types of content in the game. It was also created as a primarily solo content since only instance owner can receive any progression. Veteran level flashpoints are created with 2 players + 2 companions in mind. However, KOTXX veteran level is more difficult (while meant to be completed by a single player, often even without a companion) than majority of Veteran level flashpoints. Hence, why I feel KOTXX veteran level is unbalanced.

We can look at what the original design and balancing intentions were by looking at it upon release, and comparing it to the state it is currently in! 

And a large part of your reasoning can be applied to the Eternal Championship!

You say KOTxx's difficulty modes were designed with a specific balancing in mind; as was the Eternal Championship! And now both have had that balance upset by level scaling!

Whether you think KOTxx VM and mm or Eternal Championship has been more affected by the scaling issues, they are both affected, and both suffer from their balance being messed up! 

I could very well argue that VM and MM KOTxx are working exactly as designed, as they are not intended to be completable by everyone, despite their balancing being messed up!

Edited by DaddyAlduin

@ZUHFB I did it in the past year on a sharpshooter slinger without class heals.... As I have stated quite a few times in this thread

So if you are going to chime in and try to call me out that doing it on arsenal merc wasnt challenge enough then im not sure what you are wanting

I dont play force classes anymore someone else in this thread said they did it in the past week on deception assassin 

Do we need to be it naked to prove our point or are folks just going to stay in denial that this content does not require adjustment?

3 minutes ago, Luciferior said:

I did it in the past year on a sharpshooter slinger without class heals.... As I have stated quite a few times in this thread

Yeah I never doubted that. I just disagree with arsenal being the worst class especially for content like this.

4 minutes ago, Luciferior said:

Do we need to be it naked to prove our point or are folks just going to stay in denial that this content does not require adjustment?

Absolutely not, eternal championship is very easy. As I've stated I agree with you that it's just missing class knowledge. 

Keybinds would still be a lot better regardless.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Luciferior said:

Yes, in fact, do an SM or NiM Gods naked. Or even current R4 since we're so dumb. Don't forget to YouTube it.

@ZUHFBI am not trying to be an ass to you I am really not but alot of these guys are trying to say this content needs adjustment I am by no means a good player and the tactical I was using I highly doubt is regarded as good

Some of the other folks just dont want to accept the reality this content isnt some story mode class story they can sleep walk thru they actually have to pay attention some 

We will have to agree to disagree on the arsenal merc being the absolute worst dps part I can understand if not everyone is going to agree with me on that part as much as it annoys me lol

Edited by Luciferior
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaddyAlduin said:

You say KOTxx's difficulty modes were designed with a specific balancing in mind; as was the Eternal Championship!

That's not what I said.

I said Eternal Championship was designed with progressive difficulty increasing round by round only meant to be completed by "those who are skilled and diligent enough" (which holds true to this day), while KOTXX was designed with 3 levels of difficulty in mind targeting single players, often without a companion.

1 minute ago, JakRoanin said:

Yes, in fact, do an SM or NiM Gods naked. Or even current R4 since we're so dumb. Don't forget to YouTube it.

I know that the person you are replying to has been bad faith for a majority of the discussion, but don't engage in bad faith pettiness just because he is; it does nothing to add to the conversation, and tarnishes any opinion you have if people have reason to believe you are arguing in bad faith!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

That's not what I said.

I said Eternal Championship was designed with progressive difficulty increasing round by round only meant to be completed by "those who are skilled and diligent enough" (which holds true to this day), while KOTXX was designed with 3 levels of difficulty in mind targeting single players, often without a companion.

That's content being designed with a specific difficulty in mind! KOTxx individual modes were designed with specific balancing; as was the Eternal Championship!

I'll ask you this; VM and MM were designed to only be completable by skilled players, correct? Than how does current scaling make them unbalanced? They're completable, but not by everyone. Is that not what they are supposed to be? What specifically about them makes you believe they are unbalanced in their current state compared to how they were upon initial release?

Edited by DaddyAlduin