7.4.1b Patch

14 minutes ago, Kageonis said:

Soooooooo... just ran heroics on Coruscant to test the waters. I don't want to jinx it but, only one piece of fitted gear dropped, the rest was regular junk, 320s, companian gifts and comm lucky bags.

Hard to see from just one planet but, regarding drops, I'm cheerfully optimistic.

🙂

This does sound better! I ran those Heroics last week, and I had to delete I don't know how much crap "fitted" gear, got ONE systech item (though it was blue, so yay!), and NO lucky bags until I finished them (which reward--for doing all of the planet heroics--I don't think was ever changed).

4 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Just a few days before 7.4.1 I've discovered accounts under level 50 seem to have an easier time gaining CQP. They have dailies for taskmaster, and get infinite CQP rewards for heroics on the same planet. And of course there's the "Gain 5 levels" daily. I'm experimenting now making a handful of burner alts that I delete after reaching level 50 and repeat.

Haha :D  been there, done that, didn't want a t-shirt.

The trick is to level up to 10, get invited to a guild before reset, then play it after reset. Once you hit level 50, delete and start over.  You can already start the new level 10 before you hit 50 and have it ready for next week. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, voshara said:

You shouldn't talk about it. They will nerf lowbies, lol.

I kind of had the same worry. Of course, this discussion just goes to show how bogus the current conquest system is. Imagine getting punished for reaching level 50. It would be great if all levels up to 80 got daily taskmaster or infinite heroic CQPs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kageonis said:

Soooooooo... just ran heroics on Coruscant to test the waters. I don't want to jinx it but, only one piece of fitted gear dropped, the rest was regular junk, 320s, companian gifts and comm lucky bags.

Hard to see from just one planet but, regarding drops, I'm cheerfully optimistic.

🙂

I just run Gree event and got about 50/50 of Fitted vs regular drops. Better than before, yet still too much Fitted for my taste. And I'm huge into Space Barbie (my toons even have specific outfits for some PVP maps) and collecting sets which is precisely why I would prefer all this Fitted stuff on vendors.

Update: Looks like lockboxes have been fixed. Opened about 20 on several toons and the drops appear to being reversed to normal. 🙂

Edited by VegaMist

the devs already know low levels have an easier time reaching conquest goals. Abundant conquest points while leveling up is one of the reasons massive guilds used to invite low level players and kick them that same week. It's why we now have to wait until the next weekly reset to actively take part in guild conquests.

Edited by Darkestmonty

7 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

I sincerely doubt this is the case. If it is . . . wow. So the devs are just creating angry customers, hoping they don't actually unsub before they get the "deal" they want? Sounds incredibly stupid and short-sighted to me. Negotiating with your paying customers' goodwill by shooting them in the head is just insane.

You say this like it's an unusual occurrence, take a look in the SV threads, it's not, and normal practice for BS to annoy the Customers and double down, bugger the consequences even when given very fair and decent to all compromises.

6 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

I played like ten or so years ago (whenever City of Heroes got done in, and I needed a new game), and it was good. But I was looking for something then and didn't stay long, by the time I came I came back (about two or three years ago), I couldn't access my old account, so I just started a new one. Anyway, I don't have a long, standing history with the game and don't really feel tied to it. I like it (obviously, I've been playing it like crazy for these past few years), but it's been getting worse and worse in terms of QOL and now the seeming attack on solo PVE'ers (like me), and I just don't care enough to stay if this isn't fixed. And by fixed I mean revert the rep cq to what it was or lower the cq requirement to 50k as it was before.  Chipping away at QOL and now our cq is just a bridge too far. Especially since I'm not nearly as invested as some of you are who've been here since beta or launch.

And yes, as a crafter, I need the jawa junk to craft, so gimping the number of drops we get that can be deconstructed for jawa junk is a huge problem for me, too.

It's like these people making these decisions don't even play the freaking game. They have jumped up repair costs to the point that it's hard to get your crafting going on a new server (I decided to just start over on the new server than to try to transfer my current toons, at least for now), and it's a huge learning experience in terms of how much the costs they've added really hurt "new" players (those established on one server but starting on a new one). I could go on all day, but the last straw for me (after the Quick Travel costs, costs to exit your SH on its planet, inflated repair costs, gimping our powers/removing key elements of our powers completely!). I grind my teeth every time I see that it costs 5k to travel across freaking Coruscant, still to this day, so this is just a bridge far too far for me.

This whole update has been horrible. I guess we were supposed to be so happy with Date Night that we were expected to not care about the other horrible things they did (and tried to stealth through!, grrr). Every update has been pretty horrible. And this new Season is just . . . not working. I hate that there's some random dude in "my" SH talking about "we"; what's he paying to open the real money rooms? Oh, right, nothing, so far, he's just telling me to do THREE FP's, two of which I've done a zillion times and one, while I don't hate it, I don't run because . . . it takes too darned long. For ONE GS story objective? Really? In a GS that has neither a comp nor reputation? And for which they apparently nerfed rep cq . . . while removing a rep track? So not happy.

Overall I agree this was not a good update. Gear drops is by far the worst change, as now cannot even get gear upgrades as loot at any level.

Personally Jawa Junk is not such A huge issue for me, I never really expected it to last long term, but yes can see for new or returning players this is a let-down. To me it's not just that this fitted gear for I dare say most players (Yes there will always be exceptions) is that it could not be sold either. The change for 100 credits is just so far below reasonable that for things like Treasure Hunting it's a loss of time and credits.

However stay with the game, as while I am under no illusions that it go back to what it was,. Going back though BW past history (now BS) things will improve slightly over the next few patch updates as they have a history of doing so.   

9 hours ago, Kageonis said:

🙂

1 is too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cloneofdax said:

Overall I agree this was not a good update. Gear drops is by far the worst change, as now cannot even get gear upgrades as loot at any level.

Personally Jawa Junk is not such A huge issue for me, I never really expected it to last long term, but yes can see for new or returning players this is a let-down. To me it's not just that this fitted gear for I dare say most players (Yes there will always be exceptions) is that it could not be sold either. The change for 100 credits is just so far below reasonable that for things like Treasure Hunting it's a loss of time and credits.

However stay with the game, as while I am under no illusions that it go back to what it was,. Going back though BW past history (now BS) things will improve slightly over the next few patch updates as they have a history of doing so.   

Tested Treasure Hunting lootboxes earlier today and they are back to dropping 320 deconstructable gear and companion gifts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cloneofdax said:

Someone mentioned Jawa Junk, Yes to me is the reason behind this. At one time Jawa Junk could only be gotten though Cartel Pack for the most part, this is going back to that time. I personally don't have a huge issue with that, just wish BS would be honest about it. It was good when it lasted, but BW is a company that needs an income, cartel items is a large parts of that. 

These days you can only get certain crafting mats by trading Jawa Junk because BW removed them from content drops or rewards.
Limiting Jawa Junk now hurts crafters too & will actually push up GTN prices on those mats or crafted items. Which in turn puts upwards pressure on inflation. 
Buy allowing Jawa Junk to more freely flow in the game actually does the opposite, it keeps prices on crafting mats & crafted items lower. So in the space of a few months, they’ve gone from heavy handed anti-inflation measures to actually adding upwards inflationary changes to the game. 
It’s a poor design choice & it shows the devs in different departments aren’t communicating properly. Whether that’s an internal communication problem or a leadership oversight issue or maybe not understanding their own crafting systems in the game. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

I just think fixing the loot table is going to be a marathon and not a sprint...and no matter what BS does someone is going to be pissed because everyone and his ugly Wookiee wants something different...

I'm optimistic personally about the future because the loot table is at least headed in the right direction now

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank You to the devs for mostly reversing the loot issue. 

Now about those reputation points for conquest. Even bumping it up to 20 or 30 points would help. I think the reason had to do with this Galactic Seasons where they didn't want people to just log in and get the 25 daily points too easily. However, they didn't stop to think about those of us who also grinded out conquest on several alts, especially those of us with small guilds. And what about when season 6 ends? We'll wait and see if they rectify this in the next patch. Fingers crossed. 

On 3/22/2024 at 3:31 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

These days you can only get certain crafting mats by trading Jawa Junk because BW removed them from content drops or rewards.
Limiting Jawa Junk now hurts crafters too & will actually push up GTN prices on those mats or crafted items. Which in turn puts upwards pressure on inflation. 
Buy allowing Jawa Junk to more freely flow in the game actually does the opposite, it keeps prices on crafting mats & crafted items lower. So in the space of a few months, they’ve gone from heavy handed anti-inflation measures to actually adding upwards inflationary changes to the game. 
It’s a poor design choice & it shows the devs in different departments aren’t communicating properly. Whether that’s an internal communication problem or a leadership oversight issue or maybe not understanding their own crafting systems in the game. 

Not really, since Jawa Junk has been freely available to players, craft mats have gone up not down. Been high for years. Maybe the odd mat no longer available in any other way may go even further up than the already high GTN cost. Maybe. 

Still as Junk was at one time really only gotten though buying cartel items I really don't see the issue. It will just go back to how it was before. BS could also reintroduce these mats as drops. So if you want them you need to play that content to get them, just as it used to be. Jawa Junk being easily gotten lasted far longer than I thought it would. BTW it still piss's me off getting Jawa Junk and companion gifts as part of cartel packs. At least now the Jawa Junk has value once again in packs. Or at least until BS changes it again. 

TBH there are far more things to me that are wrong than this issue. You can still buy cartel items with things like social boosts despite the fact the social system has been removed. Cartel items no longer used after players had brought them, such as activity passes. These to me are the things players should complain about. I am not in any way interested if you lose GTN sales. That still puts you on the same page as every one else. So it's not like you are losing out, as everyone else is in the same boat/position . 

On 3/22/2024 at 1:01 AM, VegaMist said:

Tested Treasure Hunting lootboxes earlier today and they are back to dropping 320 deconstructable gear and companion gifts.

Yes, it would seem so. I too tested it on the day of the last update. 

thanks for the post.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:01 PM, Darkestmonty said:

the devs already know low levels have an easier time reaching conquest goals. Abundant conquest points while leveling up is one of the reasons massive guilds used to invite low level players and kick them that same week. It's why we now have to wait until the next weekly reset to actively take part in guild conquests.

That never really occurred to me as a reason. However, yes you are probably right. Disappointed as others have said for players using multiple characters, it a drew back, or players doing GS on several servers. It is what it is. I can see why it was changed as you could get two GS points daily for just logging in. Well spotted.