7.4.1b Patch

This was posted for the 7.4.1b patch.

• Fitted Armors and Weapons for World Drops and Ancient Armaments are now Bind to Legacy on Equip and have a Vendor Value of 100 credits to allow sale on the GTN and Vendors.
  • Reduced the drop rates of new items in the "Grade 11 Treasure Hunting Lockbox" significantly to better align with previous drop rates.

I'm not sure Broadsword got the point about the Fitted Armor drops. It's not that they occasionally dropped, it's that they completely replaced the loot table. Even selling at 100 credits a pop, it won't make up for the lost tech frags, conquest commendations, or jawa junk we got from deconstruction of the other 320 gear. We also no longer get the goody bags containing 10 fragments, conquest coms. war zone or ops commendations. 

It might help new players build up their bank accounts, or some may use them in outfitter, but for those of us who are still gearing alts, or use the jawa junk for crafting, it's pretty useless. I guess the change with the patch is better than nothing, but it still misses the mark by a mile or maybe a parsec or two. 

EDIT: I almost forgot. We used to get decorations from Ossus but not any more. Seems that loot table has been replaced by the Fitted Armor as well. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but Ossus is one of my regular daily planets and no decos have dropped since 7.4.1.

Edited by MishaCantu
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

Idk why they think it's a good idea to remove the randomized gear entirely when it's one of the best sources of fragmentes and commendations

there needs to be an equal drop rate for both or put the deconstructable armor higher, honestly none of the fitted equipment is worth it

• Like 2

1. At least I can sell them now.

2. The problem of loot table(s) being replaced needs to be fixed: datacron decorations is replaced by other loots once you're pass a certain level, making them almost impossible to get with their already low drop rate. Losing Ossus decoration drops is bad for people who care about decorations. Losing 320 gear is bad for people who do crafting or people who only run solo contents.

BS need to figure out how loot table works and not make one replace the other.

• Like 6

The loot changes are the worst BS ever.

Now I am just clearing my inventory with useless drops of green/blue/purple which do not give ANYTHING.

No disassemble frags or tokens, no creds as no sell and even on deleting you need to confirm each with a YES.

Also lootbox missions got totally useless due to this BS as you pay through your nose for TRASH.

Plus any random token drops are also eliminated.

We are back to where they pool their energy on choking players and player experience.

Extremely player hostile.

And I just ignore drops now as the creds I get are laughable and I am tired of deleting 12-14 useless "drops" from my inventory after a run.

No reward feeling whatsoever from "drops" now.

Edited by ARFett
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

They’re both great changes, especially that the armaments now have a credit value. But what the hell drove the devs to just replace the entire loot table? We want more loot diversity, not less! Have fitted armaments drop in addition to other things, not instead of them! I haven’t even noticed yet, but if they really axed decoration drops that would be scandalous. Especially because there are drops that are not available through vendors. And making Jawa junk nearly unobtainable cannot be intended, they’ve got to be joking.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MishaCantu said:

Fitted Armors and Weapons for World Drops and Ancient Armaments are now Bind to Legacy on Equip

I'm actually excited about this. As it is now, I can find a piece that I am indecisive about which toon I should give it too. Now I can hoard in legacy bank so everyone has access to it.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 2:33 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

I low key think that the introduction of AAs was a subtle way to reduce the amount the credits in game because they didn't deconstruct to Jawa Junk or Currency. 

You are spot on. Though I wouldn't consider this at all subtle. This is a strategy to reduce player self reliance thru Gear/Credit/Resource reduction. Short term, this only hurts the occasional player w/ little access to credits. Long term these changes will have an impact on the game/community as a whole.

When negotiating, you ask for the best possible deal and then scale back as needed. This is exactly the tactic being used w/ these new xmog/cosmetic drops. Broadsword showed you the worst it could be then scales back in hopes you don't notice that you're still getting screwed. 7.4.1b is a wait and see "compromise." This isn't a fix and it certainly doesn't do right by the community.

Edited by Darviset
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:25 PM, denajii said:

Idk why they think it's a good idea to remove the randomized gear entirely when it's one of the best sources of fragmentes and commendations

I suspect that solo players were able to upgrade their gear too quickly for the devs' liking, so instead of making good decisions, they chose to nerf the cq rep and remove deconstructable gear and loot boxes to stop us from getting too many tech frags and conquest commendations. Poor planning, maybe? Remorse over prior changes that were not well-considered? Who knows? But it is getting old that they give us something than take that and something else away to make up for their own bad decisions.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:13 AM, Traceguy said:

I'm actually excited about this. As it is now, I can find a piece that I am indecisive about which toon I should give it too. Now I can hoard in legacy bank so everyone has access to it.

You must be playing way more than I am because I haven't seen all that much that I would even want to put on any of my toons. Most of it is stuff we can already craft or looks like garbage gear we get leveling (and sell to vendors because it's ugly).

1 hour ago, Darviset said:

When negotiating, you ask for the best possible deal and then scale back as needed. This is exactly the tactic being used w/ these new xmog/cosmetic drops. Broadsword showed you the worst it could be then scales back in hopes you don't notice that you're still getting screwed. 7.4.1b is a wait and see "compromise." This isn't a fix and it certainly doesn't do right by the community.

I sincerely doubt this is the case. If it is . . . wow. So the devs are just creating angry customers, hoping they don't actually unsub before they get the "deal" they want? Sounds incredibly stupid and short-sighted to me. Negotiating with your paying customers' goodwill by shooting them in the head is just insane.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

You must be playing way more than I am because I haven't seen all that much that I would even want to put on any of my toons. Most of it is stuff we can already craft or looks like garbage gear we get leveling (and sell to vendors because it's ugly).

I carry a small guild to 5,000,000CQP each week by earning about 2/3rds of it. I spend all day doing the heroics and kill 75 enemies per planet across 2 SWTOR accounts. My second account does not buy or spend CC, and only uses credits for SH bonus, and companion gifts. I see hundreds of these fitted pieces every day, and my alt account is gladly collecting pieces so they can at least look semi decent.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Traceguy said:

I carry a small guild to 5,000,000CQP each work by earning about 2/3rds of it. I spend all day doing the heroics and kill 75 enemies per planet across 2 SWTOR accounts. My second account does not buy or spend CC, and only uses credits for SH bonus, and companion gifts. I see hundreds of these fitted pieces every day, and my alt account is gladly collecting pieces so they can at least look semi decent.

Are you on SF? My pub main can help you out if you like (at least for the next month or so unless this is fixed, then longer), since I still do cq on her.

4 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Are you on SF? My pub main can help you out if you like (at least for the next month or so unless this is fixed, then longer), since I still do cq on her.

SS unfortunately.

Just a few days before 7.4.1 I've discovered accounts under level 50 seem to have an easier time gaining CQP. They have dailies for taskmaster, and get infinite CQP rewards for heroics on the same planet. And of course there's the "Gain 5 levels" daily. I'm experimenting now making a handful of burner alts that I delete after reaching level 50 and repeat.

Edited by Traceguy

5 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

SS unfortunately.

Just a few days before 7.4.1 I've discovered accounts under level 50 seem to have an easier time gaining CQP. They have dailies for taskmaster, and get infinite CQP rewards for heroics on the same planet. And of course there's the "Gain 5 levels" daily. I'm experimenting now making a handful of burner alts that I delete after reaching level 50 and repeat.

If you do that just remember they don’t start contributing CQ points until after the Tuesday reset after they join.   I sometimes still forget that when I make a new toon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traceguy said:

SS unfortunately.

I can create a toon over there if you like. It's not like I am conquesting much now, anyway, so I may as well help out. Besides, it's super easy to hit 10 and then the first cq. 😛

4 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

If you do that just remember they don’t start contributing CQ points until after the Tuesday reset after they join.   I sometimes still forget that when I make a new toon. 

Ah, good point.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:24 AM, voshara said:

How do we get jawa junk now? Can't buy gifts for a lot of the CM companions. :(

Take a toon with low level gathering crew skills to a higher level planet.  If you're slicing (as an example) is at 100 you can still slice nodes on Yavin (as an example) and you'll get jawa junk until your slicing level starts to catch up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

I sincerely doubt this is the case. If it is . . . wow. So the devs are just creating angry customers, hoping they don't actually unsub before they get the "deal" they want? Sounds incredibly stupid and short-sighted to me. Negotiating with your paying customers' goodwill by shooting them in the head is just insane.

It is the case and we all know it is the case, WHY you ask because BW did this every single time in the past, BS won't be any different as it's the same staff, just under a different name.

You only have to go back in the forum history to know it's true. The staff have zero idea of of anything concerning middle ground, it one extreme to the other. After 12 years none of us in any real terms expect this to change. 

Yes we all expect BS to change this slightly with  every patch but at the end of the day, we the customers will always be worse off. This is true every time in the past.

Someone mentioned Jawa Junk, Yes to me is the reason behind this. At one time Jawa Junk could only be gotten though Cartel Pack for the most part, this is going back to that time. I personally don't have a huge issue with that, just wish BS would be honest about it. It was good when it lasted, but BW is a company that needs an income, cartel items is a large parts of that. 

Soooooooo... just ran heroics on Coruscant to test the waters. I don't want to jinx it but, only one piece of fitted gear dropped, the rest was regular junk, 320s, companian gifts and comm lucky bags.

Hard to see from just one planet but, regarding drops, I'm cheerfully optimistic.

🙂

Edited by Kageonis
Grammar
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, cloneofdax said:

It is the case and we all know it is the case, WHY you ask because BW did this every single time in the past, BS won't be any different as it's the same staff, just under a different name.

You only have to go back in the forum history to know it's true. The staff have zero idea of of anything concerning middle ground, it one extreme to the other. After 12 years none of us in any real terms expect this to change. 

Yes we all expect BS to change this slightly with  every patch but at the end of the day, we the customers will always be worse off. This is true every time in the past.

Someone mentioned Jawa Junk, Yes to me is the reason behind this. At one time Jawa Junk could only be gotten though Cartel Pack for the most part, this is going back to that time. I personally don't have a huge issue with that, just wish BS would be honest about it. It was good when it lasted, but BW is a company that needs an income, cartel items is a large parts of that. 

I played like ten or so years ago (whenever City of Heroes got done in, and I needed a new game), and it was good. But I was looking for something then and didn't stay long, by the time I came I came back (about two or three years ago), I couldn't access my old account, so I just started a new one. Anyway, I don't have a long, standing history with the game and don't really feel tied to it. I like it (obviously, I've been playing it like crazy for these past few years), but it's been getting worse and worse in terms of QOL and now the seeming attack on solo PVE'ers (like me), and I just don't care enough to stay if this isn't fixed. And by fixed I mean revert the rep cq to what it was or lower the cq requirement to 50k as it was before.  Chipping away at QOL and now our cq is just a bridge too far. Especially since I'm not nearly as invested as some of you are who've been here since beta or launch.

And yes, as a crafter, I need the jawa junk to craft, so gimping the number of drops we get that can be deconstructed for jawa junk is a huge problem for me, too.

It's like these people making these decisions don't even play the freaking game. They have jumped up repair costs to the point that it's hard to get your crafting going on a new server (I decided to just start over on the new server than to try to transfer my current toons, at least for now), and it's a huge learning experience in terms of how much the costs they've added really hurt "new" players (those established on one server but starting on a new one). I could go on all day, but the last straw for me (after the Quick Travel costs, costs to exit your SH on its planet, inflated repair costs, gimping our powers/removing key elements of our powers completely!). I grind my teeth every time I see that it costs 5k to travel across freaking Coruscant, still to this day, so this is just a bridge far too far for me.

This whole update has been horrible. I guess we were supposed to be so happy with Date Night that we were expected to not care about the other horrible things they did (and tried to stealth through!, grrr). Every update has been pretty horrible. And this new Season is just . . . not working. I hate that there's some random dude in "my" SH talking about "we"; what's he paying to open the real money rooms? Oh, right, nothing, so far, he's just telling me to do THREE FP's, two of which I've done a zillion times and one, while I don't hate it, I don't run because . . . it takes too darned long. For ONE GS story objective? Really? In a GS that has neither a comp nor reputation? And for which they apparently nerfed rep cq . . . while removing a rep track? So not happy.