Blueprint fragments are considered "junk"

YaddleTwo

55 minutes ago, septru said:

I'm very confused by all of the people who are suddenly now dissatisfied with the Galactic Seasons grind. 

Hasn't always been a grind? What changed recently to make it "too much" of a grind?

Before, you could drop the GS rep (or any other saved rep) for 45k daily, now you grind without any GS rep. You now get 21k once a week for completing 4 GS objectives, and 9.5k daily if you gain a level, which is pathetic. I'm personally demotivated as the rewards aren't worth that much grind, and were already questionable value before the cq points were nerfed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lirtoo said:

I have a solo-guild and was dependent on the CQ Reputation points to reach 500k a week. I am a casual player who play what I enjoy when I feel like it. GS with reputation made me log in and play more content. I accepted the grind of recycled content during GS1-5, but the new update requires me to grind four times more content to reach 500k to get guild rewards. However, I won't do it. Personally, doing GS6 has completely lost its purpose because you removed CQ reputation. I won't unsub, but play less because of this change, which I assume is the opposite of what you intended with this update.

I actually think this change might kill the game. It's already hard enough to get PVP or GSF and now there will be fewer ppl prepared for the extra effort needed - for what reward exactly???

• Like 1

This is really the opposite of the direction I hoped for. I wanted more from the GS rep tracks - a rep vendor, some new dye schematics to learn, etc. (Are there ever going to be new dye schematics for artifice? Please???) But to take away both the rep track and its use for conquest on alts? Without any warning? Not happy.

I logged on all excited about the new season and the new stronghold, and I still want that stronghold and the other rewards. I'm not leaving. But this really took the wind out of my first-day enthusiasm - I read the patch notes and all the announcements, I thought I knew what I was getting! Instead I found out in my first few minutes in-game that one of the most useful conquest objectives AND one of the most useful elements of Galactic Seasons had been taken away without those changes being mentioned in any way. And this disappointment is going to keep repeating with every login, as I try to click tokens out of habit and get nothing out of it. Please don't treat your loyal players like this.

• Like 3

Someone else suggested increase max stronghold bonus from 150% to compensate for nerfing CQ - great idea! People who already have more strongholds than needed for 150% would get the appropriate uplift (about 3% per module), and the Copero stronghold would add to that - perhaps if you have all strongholds maxed (including Copero), the cq points for rep at xxx% should be closer to the old figure, with increases on all other cq objectives balancing things too.

You would then provide more motivation for people to play GS6 to max the Copero stronghold. Why didn't someone think of this instead of stealth-nerfing the game?

ALSO, I see you still have NO cq points for Kessan's Landing - not even 'defeat enemies'! That is surely an oversight and does not motivate me to play that location beyond the story.

18 minutes ago, CharlieFreak said:

It's already hard enough to get PVP or GSF

I don't know what server you're on, but on Satele Shan, definite yes! It takes several hours, and sometimes multiple days to complete the GSF weekly just once. At the very least, maybe making CQP harder to get will encourage more people to play GSF.

5 straight losses of GSF = 300,000CQP a week. Then then on top the that the weekly can be repeated once a day afterwards for an additional 124,000 points.

Now that I've had time to think more about this, I'm more confused. 

First, the development team thinks that reputation is picked a lot during seasons (and presumably off-season).  However, we often get loads of reputation all the time!  We HAD to offload some of it to get to the end of the track, especially when the weekly limit was so low.  As a result, they nerfed the conquest points for the reputation. 

They could have increased the weekly limit or decreased the amount needed to hit legend to accomplish this. 

Second, they removed the reputation track (I don't mind this), but instead included a collect items counting towards an achievement (I mind, prefer something easier to track).  This is functionally the same thing.  Collect so many reputation tokens to get your achievement vs. so many items to get your achievement. 

This is trying to have your cake and eat it, too. 

You shouldn't nerf reputation, cut out the reputation track, and still give us a lookalike reputation track. 

I've changed my mind.  I would like the original points put back for reputation (daily only, of course) and then cut the collect so many items achievement. 

1 minute ago, Traceguy said:

At the very least, maybe making CQP harder to get will encourage more people to play GSF.

GSF can be horrible. I've used it in previous seasons for seasons points, but the rest of the time I'd rather leave a toon dormant than suffer GSF. With the new season I'm not sure I care that much about points and might leave that toon dormant.

34 minutes ago, SithLikeTraps said:

That's the trend they started with 7.0, PVP and GSF became so toxic that people didn't want to play it any more but instead of addressing the toxicity they decided to nerf the PVE conquest and buff the others

They've been on this kick for several expansions now - totally ridiculous there are unlimited and large amounts of points available for piloting ships into rocks or running around a warzone like an idiot, but almost everything else in game has both lower points and tends to have limited or no repeatability.

Edited by DawnAskham

5 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

At the very least, maybe making CQP harder to get will encourage more people to play GSF.

Great, then we can look forward to more complaining about AFK players from the regular GSFers. Looking forward to that.

39 minutes ago, septru said:

Ok this makes sense. Do most people not consider conquest a grind? IMO it's always been as bad as GS. 

It's definitely a grind depending on how you play. As a pvp'er myself it's pretty easy to gain conquest because u get 150k from finishing a weekly and a ton of other conquest just by queuing for matches. Its the way bioware try to dangle that carrot for casuals to go into pvp, although it's not the most optimal way to gain conquest considering the time spent for the points rewarded. If you enjoy pvp then it's a very easy way to get conquest. 

However if u aren't a pvp or gsf person it is basically grinding old daily areas or fps/heroics/ops. The goal of most ppl is to get as many toons to the 100k conquest goal as possible for the tech frags and conquest commendation rewards. So taking away a goal that was easy to do every day, and worth half of the conquest goal for a toon = more time playing to make up for that loss, which means more time playing ancient content. 

2 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

The goal of most ppl is to get as many toons to the 100k conquest goal as possible for the tech frags and conquest commendation rewards.

Oh ok this makes sense. 

Like I said I don't do GS or CQ. It seems like people are just realizing now that GS  and CQ have always been a meaningless grind, just a little more insufferable now. 

Really not happy about:  "The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced " and that it was not part of the patch notes. It will force an unwanted change to how I normally play the game.

1 minute ago, septru said:

Oh ok this makes sense. 

Like I said I don't do GS or CQ. It seems like people are just realizing now that GS  and CQ have always been a meaningless grind, just a little more insufferable now. 

Meaningless is very dependent on point of view.   The previous seasons weren’t meaningless.  However, even something that is very important to someone can be given up on if the requirement to get it is changed in such a way to make the work vs reward scale tip the other way. 

29 minutes ago, mirrordances said:

This is really the opposite of the direction I hoped for. I wanted more from the GS rep tracks - a rep vendor, some new dye schematics to learn, etc. (Are there ever going to be new dye schematics for artifice? Please???) But to take away both the rep track and its use for conquest on alts? Without any warning? Not happy.

I logged on all excited about the new season and the new stronghold, and I still want that stronghold and the other rewards. I'm not leaving. But this really took the wind out of my first-day enthusiasm - I read the patch notes and all the announcements, I thought I knew what I was getting! Instead I found out in my first few minutes in-game that one of the most useful conquest objectives AND one of the most useful elements of Galactic Seasons had been taken away without those changes being mentioned in any way. And this disappointment is going to keep repeating with every login, as I try to click tokens out of habit and get nothing out of it. Please don't treat your loyal players like this.

This is very well worded. Removing the ability to get Conquest more easily through season objectives was simply a bad call. I was fine doing content that I've done 1000s of times before if doing said content helped me reach Conquest more easily. I understand that a few players have complained in the past about having to reach reputation within a time frame (I never experienced this and reached max reputation easily) but the decision to remove that 45k CP and not replace it with something similarly as easy was a bad call. I'm sure many players mainly participated in Galactic Seasons in the first place (including myself) was it helped reach Conquest more easily. That's not the case this season.

What a bummer...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeStramaglia said:Reputation Conquest Objective
The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced. This particular objective was over-represented in objectives completed and needed to be balanced. We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place. 

My honest opinion is, and has been, that there's too high a reward for playing multiple alts from conquest. It makes it harder to work on one or a handful of characters and learn them, enjoy them, gear them. I like conquests and the rewards from them, but although it's probably well past the time when this could've been changed, it would be nice if one's conquest rewards could be distributed toward playing a few characters more rather than lots of characters less. Levelling new characters especially is much easier and faster for solo conquest completion than max level characters, but what's the point to that when it's a throwaway character just to get one's invasion completed?

It gets boring doing the same routines to burn through conquest quickly on multiple characters, which is why the quick and easy reputation conquest objective has been overused, especially when the weekly conquest event isn't a fun one or doesn't have very many rewarding objectives. 

I hadn't played this game for a long time, but it's a little depressing to come back and be doing much of the same content as I'd been doing years before just to get conquests done.

3 minutes ago, septru said:

Oh ok this makes sense. 

That's basically it. I don't have a lot of time to play, maybe an hour a day. And strangely enough its quite therapeutic to hop on first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee and hit my conquest goals on a couple toons, mainly by running some daily areas/heroics and doing the little random goals like crafting, giving companion gifts, and doing the reputation mission which has now been massively nerfed.

In an hour I can easily finish two toons. Do that every day for a week you've got 12 to 14 characters to that goal. Then you get all the rewards which u can use to make money by selling mats or crafting gold augs, or buying different legendary implants/tacticals and playing with different builds for pvp for example. 

There isn't enough content in the game and the people dedicated kinda create their own content by looking forward to hitting these goals, works for me and seems to be the general sentiment of a lot of the population on the forums today lol.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

That's basically it. I don't have a lot of time to play, maybe an hour a day. And strangely enough its quite therapeutic to hop on first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee and hit my conquest goals on a couple toons, mainly by running some daily areas/heroics and doing the little random goals like crafting, giving companion gifts, and doing the reputation mission which has now been massively nerfed.

In an hour I can easily finish two toons. Do that every day for a week you've got 12 to 14 characters to that goal. Then you get all the rewards which u can use to make money by selling mats or crafting gold augs, or buying different legendary implants/tacticals and playing with different builds for pvp for example. 

There isn't enough content in the game and the people dedicated kinda create their own content by looking forward to hitting these goals, works for me and seems to be the general sentiment of a lot of the population on the forums today lol.

Run out of reactions, so take this as a like 💙

6 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

That makes a lot of sense. Well put. 

43 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Ran out of reactions for today, but this sums up a lot for me too.

I don't really care about seasons, even last season I just did the bare minimum on one server, but the quick conquest was nice.  It let me do things I wanted in the game and still get conquest without really grinding. 

The big rewards for conquest now they they nerfed reputation to basically meaningless are all group-finder related, or faceroll-easy incredibly boring pve stuff.  

That's not fun.  Grind is not fun. 

I'll still be in-game doing what I want but if my prog team ever disbands I'll have no reason to keep my sub up.  I'll even let the dice roll on who gets leadership of the 2 tiny guilds I'm currently GM for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davgoso said:

What is the rationale behind reducing it so significantly? I find that when you’re trying to hit your 100k each week this is a big help when you’re strapped for time. I don’t see why you wouldn’t have put it down to 20k/35k.

I guess, some kind of negociation strategy. A guy you come accross on the street hits you in the eye for no reason. You get yourself up and say, why did you hit me? Couldn't you just hit me in the stomach, that would not have felt as bad?  Then he hits you in the stomach. And you say thanks.

I guess we'll have a patch soon where reputation token will be "restored" to somewhere in between 43k and 7k. And people will say thanks.

Edited by ytrenor

Reputation/conquest mechanics aside, my two cents on the fact of blueprints being junk is just that it feels so... pointless. So lacklustre. It's essentially a background process that you can simply ignore and it does the work for you. GS is what brings me into the game with a purpose, an intent of 'alright, what do I need to do to advance this?' With this new system, there's no glancing at my inventory to see how many rep items I have, no deliberate turning in of items to advance anything. It's just... there. There's no sense of progression, no meaning to it now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KianSri said:

Reputation/conquest mechanics aside, my two cents on the fact of blueprints being junk is just that it feels so... pointless. 

If they reward us with actual junk, makes me curious as to what they think of us.

(and while that is a bit harsh,  I grew tired of the shills in game defending this nonsense)

Edited by Ryukomaru
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeStramaglia said:

We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place. 

The "Galactic Seasons: progress" (free translation from French "Saisons Galactiques: progression" (the 9k CQ point objective) is a daily.

Negociation: make this an unlimited repeatable. I shouldn't have to find ways to only progress one level per day to be optimal.  Before I found that objective, I had completed 5 GS weeklies and have 6 level unlocked. I "wasted" 6 days worth of CQ points for that objective. I get your idea, 7 weeklies max, 7 days in a week... but gosh this is so unnecessary! Plus, these CQ objectives won't exist after GS6 ends.

At this point, with the reputation token trash nerf, I think I'll simply stop doing conquest, for all servers, including mains (Leviathan and Forge). I had stop doing anything beyond login on Satele and Malgus in the past 3 weeks and it was a huge relief getting some time back in my real life in non GS time. On all servers except Shae Vizla, I have made a pub and imp one man guild, so that I do not get booted out (for having a life) by some strong guilds who asks for completing conquest, or to not end up in a small guild who dies in weeks when I'm willing to play but the guild master goes mia and never set the conquest objective.

The hike from 50k to 100k conquest point was already a big hit for me as a story player, and had to stop prioritizing stories in order to do activities that gives more conquest points for the guilds I was in (that CQ hike was actually before I started my one man guilds). But now, I'm thinking about droping from the guilds on Shae Vizla (with the exception maybe of one pub and one imp toon? I'll see), just do a 4 GS weeklies anywhere in the week with one or two toons (should be enough to get 800 GS points). And on the other servers where I already have my one man guild, just don't bother with conquest either, and in same fashion just do 4 GS weeklies anywhere in the week, then log off.

I guess I could just take the opportunity to stop conquest and prioritize stories again (for example, I still haven't completed chapter 3 for the Agent on Leviathan), but at this moment I just feel fed up with you guys.  And I have Hogwarts Legacy and Jedi Survivor to finish, now that I have a GPU that can handle them.

• Like 3