Blueprint fragments are considered "junk"

YaddleTwo

The blueprint fragments are grayed out and considered junk so if you tell your companion to sell all junk items they will vanish, also if you sell to a vendor by accident you cannot get them back.

Why were these not considered a currency and put in the currency tab on a side note?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just saw this in Gen Chat.   @JackieKo  This is a major bug and needs an immediate fix.  Blueprint fragments are considered trash in your inventory. Should be automatic Currency as in prior seasons.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Inkaine said:

Lol, no I won't. According to CS it's  not a bug and my bad. Got the following response:

swtor_bluefrags_bug.thumb.png.29a055d1324bc28eaefa2fd013a15e76.png

Edit: Okay, after reading it again with a more level head - selling seems to be intended behavior. There is no reputation with this Galactic Season and just earning the Fragments will already count for objectives and the achievement ("Collect 1.500 Bluetech Fragments"). That means there is no loss for selling the fragments. That's likely the solution.

Well that's an unnecessarily confusing way of doing it on their part. if so. Why not make them currencies that only appear in your currency tab like they have with so many others then?  

• Like 1

Why not make them currencies that only appear in your currency tab like they have with so many others then?  

Because there is no Reputation track for Galactic Season 6.

The Underworld Syndicate Plans, G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules, Notes of Reflection, and Dark Spores could all be traded for Reputation tokens.

But the Blueprint Fragments can't be traded for anything, because there is no Reputation to advance in this Season. That's why the Fragments are just vendor trash. There is nothing to keep them for.

IMO, that sucks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YaddleTwo said:

Well that's an unnecessarily confusing way of doing it on their part. if so. Why not make them currencies that only appear in your currency tab like they have with so many others then?  

Because they are apparently useless... Which is so encouraging. Please people do go around to collect some items that have no purpose but to be collected and then get rid of them not to clutter your inventory... because they have no use...

It looks like the only functional value of the Blueprint Fragments is to complete the Season Objective "Finding Fragments" and to complete an Achievement for getting some huge number of them (I think it's 1500).

Oh, and selling them to vendors for credits.

That's all.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

We are seeing reports from players who are confused with how the Galactic Seasons 6 currency functions. This was not originally included in the GS6 article, but the two intended changes below will be reflected there and in the patch notes as well. 

Reputation Track
Galactic Seasons 6 does not have a Reputation track like previous seasons. There is still an item to collect the same way you collected Reputation currency in the past. However, it is for Achievement tracking only and progress is granted when you collect it - you're safe to sell them for credits! It’s worth noting that these will cease to drop when you’ve unlocked the achievement.

Reputation Conquest Objective
The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced. This particular objective was over-represented in objectives completed and needed to be balanced. We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place. 

These changes will be reflected in future Seasons as well, however, we know they can have an outsized effect on smaller guilds and will be keeping a close eye on the data over time and make adjustments as needed. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 25

8 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced. This particular objective was over-represented in objectives completed and needed to be balanced. We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place.

The objectives that I saw added are all related to the season does this mean that when the season is over and the objectives are no longer available the conquest points will be restored?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Reputation Track
Galactic Seasons 6 does not have a Reputation track like previous seasons. There is still an item to collect the same way you collected Reputation currency in the past. However, it is for Achievement tracking only and progress is granted when you collect it - you're safe to sell them for credits! It’s worth noting that these will cease to drop when you’ve unlocked the achievement.

First of all, thank you for making an official post on the matter. The following is a bit bluntly worded, but I do appreciate seeing communication. That said...

The last 4 Galactic Seasons have all included a currency -> rep token mechanic. A change like this should have been communicated in the livestream and season article, because it's a major change in how the playerbase expects the mechanics to work. Because it was not communicated prior to the patch, it caused a lot of confusion and irritation. A substantial portion of that confusion could have been eliminated simply by communicating the change in advance. There was no reason not to do so.

6 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Similarly to the GS "currency" change, this one bothers me because no conquest balancing was mentioned in the patchnotes. It was stealth-nerfed, and not by any small amount. A simple line saying something like "some conquest objectives have been rebalanced" would have gone a long way. Would people still be mad? Probably. But at least it wouldn't look like the team is hoping players will simply not notice the change.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced

It was reduced by far too much. You need to rethink that.

We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons

What about off-seasons? Will it go back to normal? Conquest Points did not encourage me to play GS. The rewards did. Conquest Points encourages me to hit 100,000CQP in up to 30 toons per week the last 2 years

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hey folks!

We are seeing reports from players who are confused with how the Galactic Seasons 6 currency functions. This was not originally included in the GS6 article, but the two intended changes below info will be reflected there and in the patch notes as well. 

Reputation Track

These changes will be reflected in future Seasons as well, however, we know they can have an outsized effect on smaller guilds and will be keeping a close eye on the data over time and make adjustments as needed. 

These should have been communicated well before the patch dropped and the new season started.   Additionally, what are the new CQ Objectives and will they be available every week?   

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Galactic Seasons 6 does not have a Reputation track like previous seasons.

Honestly, I find this rather disappointing. Galactic Seasons are basically grind events, and these things kinda need a reputation track to work towards. I wasn't the biggest fan of Galactic Season 5, but this is somehow worse already, pretty stronghold or not.

• Thanks 2

Was the Reputation CQ overpowered?  Yes.  But nothing about how this was done is fair.  Stealth changing it was a bad call.  Dropping it all the way down from ~45k to ~7k was a bad call.  Giving us "replacements" that only work during Galactic Seasons was a bad call.  There needs to be more balancing done across the board if this is to remain at such a low level.  Maybe increase the stronghold bonus cap from 150% to 175%?  200%?  Give every existing objective a bump of 10%? 20%?  Conquest has been getting more and more irritating ever since it was bumped up from 50k to 100k and this change makes it even less enjoyable.  Having to grind content I don't want to do to cap a toon for the week vs. an easy bypass to finish a toon is very annoying.  Maybe come up with more variety than what currently is "do heroics on every planet and kill mobs."  This will definitely hurt small/solo guilds and really harms the community who can't play tons but still wants to hit conquest on at least a few toons each week.

Sincerely,
Extremely Disappointed 😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

I'd argue that the reputation Conquest could have been nerfed a bit, say to 35k or 25k, and it would have been more well-received, especially if you had said it ahead of time. 

I would also point out that it is once per day.  If I want to get conquest on multiple characters, I have to play multiple characters, not just hop from one to the next and consume a reputation.

30 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced. This particular objective was over-represented in objectives completed and needed to be balanced

As I wrote in another thread, you can't make people grind the content if they don't want to. They will simply leave for the better games that don't force them to be a 2nd full-time job.

32 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place

And what precisely are those new objectives? The only one I can think of is a weekly, non-repeatable "do the 4 GS objectives" item whose CP rewards are nowhere near the points that you've cut from the reputation.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Hey folks!

We are seeing reports from players who are confused with how the Galactic Seasons 6 currency functions. This was not originally included in the GS6 article, but the two intended changes below info will be reflected there and in the patch notes as well. 

Reputation Track

Unsubbed - either you all start adding significant content OR leave well enough alone with what exists - I'm not paying to run dailies in areas filled with bullet sponge mobs or queue up for GSF and PVP all day, every day, just to complete some paper thin 'content' called Seasons or Conquest.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Hey folks!

Reputation Track

Everyone has already said plenty about the GC change, but I am going to say this.

Good, I like this change. Having a Reputation Track for each season, as well as Reputation achievement you could only get during that season was a really bad idea. Especially when the GS Rep tracks had no Reputation vendor, as well as a companion customization tied to that achievement. It still would be nice if you guys allowed players to get those Reputation Achievement Customizations.

So what I am seeing, is the GS reward track, is just filled with useless junk? and literally just junk?  That someone said, hey lets reward the players with literal junk, and you all agreed that was a good idea?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SithLikeTraps said:

The only one I can think of is a weekly, non-repeatable "do the 4 GS objectives"

There is another for gaining a level on the gs track and like you said nowhere near the conquest points.