1 HOUR LOCKDOWN BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MY RAVAGE WAS OVER AND QUIT???

Yettofall

On 12/15/2022 at 9:05 AM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

We are keeping the finer details close to home, however, we can confirm that the lockdown is intended for minimizing the numbers of times a player drops out of a match and we would like to clarify some misconception here. The player experience should be as follows:

• Leaving 1 match = 20 minute lockdown
  • Leaving 2 matches = 1 hour lockdown
  • Leaving 3 matches = 6 hour lockdown

If this is not your experience and you are going through a 1 hour lockdown first, please confirm as that is a bug and we will have to look into that. Lastly, it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see and the data that is collected off of player behavior. 

Thank you

@JackieKo

I have proof that there is an existing issue with this debuff timer that I've isolated to matches where I have clicked to join a pre-existing match or had a queue-pop and joined one where someone DC'd/Left during the initial start queue. I do NOT think this applies to joining a match at the very start as the respawn waves system where there is a barrier that doesn't permit someone from joining for approximately 20 seconds is an exacerbating factor.

This is issue I've been having, and others have been having too will result in us being locked out more than once in under a 24 hour time frame for what amounts to an approximately 20 second delay in how the debuff timers for the spawn point and respawn function.

Earlier, when starting a match I took an initial screenshot of the spawn  point debuff timer (official name I can't recall accurately), and it gave my character 1 minutes and 20 seconds to leave the spawn area. This specific match was Hypergate, and I had loaded into the WZ prior to the official start of the match with no need to skip any cut-scene intros. I did not get kicked from this match.

However, later when I started to load into a WZ, Hypergate again, and I noticed that the timer on the WZ Scoreboard was in th middle of a pylon sync countdown, i.e. the match had to have been going at east 30 seconds to a minute before loading in, I took about 30 to completely load into the match after seeing the WZ/Scoreboard & the map. However, I was kicked immediately upon exiting the spawn point (I timed it 5 seconds although when I finished loading the debuff had not yet expired), because the last part of that 30 seconds I was TRAPPED behind the barrier preventing people who die from immediately returning to the field.

I have timed this barrier before and it takes about 10-20 seconds. So that like 10 second overlap where I could have joined the game but did not because the barrier prevented me, meant I went to the last part of the spawn point timer/ expiration and was promptly declared "not participating" (although running in place with saber drawn against an invisible kind of proves I could have joined).

I took a break, came back on a different character, and this time timed the entire loading sequence on my pone. It took me about 10 seconds to click the WZ pop, about 20 seconds to see the EZ which I noticed was Voidstar (Atk team), then the cut-scene started to play. I hit spacebar to skip the cutscene, while setting my phone to time the moment I saw the EX and WZ scoreboard that had not shown any mid-match timers on it (i.e. no score, match had not started), the phone counted just over 44 seconds before I was able to get out of the second "loading screen" where I had attempted to skip the cut-scene. I then started to try to leave the spawn point, saw my exhaustion timer run out as I hit the respawn barrier wall and then was promptly kicked from the WZ.

The crux is a) IF what I saw was correct and the match hadn't started yet then if the spawn point timer is a genuine one minute and 20 seconds, I was kicked PREMATURELY from the match for what amounts to about a 30 second discrepancy in timing. The only 30 seconds I had not accounted for from the time I saw the WZ-Cutscene start, was the initial 30 seconds loading into what looked like a game that hadn't started yet. 

So either I had a lag in my connection that amounted to 20-30 seconds of delaying that cut-scene start and all, or somehow the debuff timer started the moment I joined the match. 

I've had more issues with being booted from Voidstar despite watching myself JOIN the match and start attacking get the message the exhaustion timer has run out and been removed, or seen myself running up and down that respawn/ start point barrier for a full 10 seconds to be removed and locked out.

The thing is, this occurs at least once every day regardless of what time it is of the day,  even if I'm the only one using the internet, even if I'm in the same room as the modem, or connected to the modem directly, while I haven't' seen any other issues with internet functioning. 

Though tbh, I don't have that third or fourth arm to run an internet speed check while trying to start my phone timer, and take screenshots.

I do have some screenshots too, though none of my phones' timer running. -_-

I'm just flustered to constantly be threatened with an hour to six hour lock out for what amounts to a 10-20 second lag in joining a match that puts me into a no-win situation that the mechanics of your debuff created where I will be removed from a WZ I'm already active in essentially because you locked my character behind an invisible wall that keeps them from joining before the timer runs out.  That's double penalizing me for the start between the barrier and the exhaustion timer, and then adding a  lock out threat on top of it where I'll basically not be able to PvP at all for the remainder of the evening.

I'm kind of getting a little tired of being kicked form a WZ while watching my character run up and down an invisible wall that keeps me from joining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are now almost at the end of the second week into the pvp changes and the 1st pvp season. I am slowly falling into a pattern and adjusting to the new timeouts/lockouts that are applied when leaving a zone or losing connection before it ends. However, that adjustment is not good for the longevity of this game.

I have not had a one hour penalty since day 1 of the season, but have encountered 20 minute penalties over the last 10 days. When it happens I find myself unwilling to spend 20 minutes in the game looking for something else to do, when I am already engaged in what it is I wish to do. That forces me to find something else to do outside of the game for those 20 minutes.

Half the time I just log off and do not continue playing, the other half I will come back and continue. When I leave, I do not log in for the rest of the day -- it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I simply don't feel like logging back in until that feeling goes way.

A 20 minute penalty, for me at least, very easily turns into a 24 hour break from the game. I do not like this.

I can't tell you how to run this game devs, you are all very stubborn, not very communicative and always do things your way. Have at it, knock yourselves out. But I can say this -- this state of the game does not sit well with me. Having 20 min, 1 hour and 6 hour penalties for events that are still not under player control is the complete opposite of how paying customers should be treated.

I wish you best luck in realizing this and reverting this terrible decision. I won't be able to reply here for much longer if this change persists.

Edited by Monterone
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Monterone said:

I can't tell you how to run this game devs, you are all very stubborn, not very communicative and always do things your way. Have at it, knock yourselves out. But I can say this -- this state of the game does not sit well with me.

You are preaching right now brother. We stand with you!!!!

just play to win and stop leaving games when ur team is not ahead within the first minute of a game, easy solution to a non-issue, can't expect to win all the time. the only players who the the lockout "hurt" are the big egos who leave games regularly when things dont go their way

not a major loss to lose those from the queue for 20 min, 1h or 24h 

Edited by RikuvonDrake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RikuvonDrake said:

the only players who the the lockout "hurt" are the big egos who leave games regularly when things dont go their way

On the contrary. Clearly you are only looking at this from one point of view and that's the view assuming that everyone who has a problem with the lockouts have a big ego, which kinda indicates you haven't read much of this thread at all and have tunnel vision or are just unaware of the problems most players face. The servers don't run that smooth and people get disconnected all the time, for no reason, at no fault of their own, the lockouts are a major con to those people. Large premades make it nearly impossible to win as a solo player or small group and should fall into the category of toxic behavior, but it doesn't because that's how Bioware wants people to play now while promoting their positive toxicity agenda.They added full 8 person groups to the queue with non-grouped players then punish people who don’t wish to play against them.  Usually people quit/leave when they're already going to lose, you can tell if you are already going to lose before you get half-way into the match when it comes to a massive stomp situation, "Shut up and take it" or "Embrace the suck" is not the answer here.

They're regular WZs. they're not properly balanced ("role mirroring," "class/spec mirroring," or skill mirroring), getting a Huttball map is enough reason to leave, especially when they don't fix or tune the maps properly. If you're getting your stuff pushed in or if you're getting spawn camped, there should at least be a surrender button, there is not, only a leave button, the answer is to take the leave button. You getting your stuff pushed in is not a matter of, how did you put it? Hurt big egos? But is a matter of the player just not having a remotely decent time. When you tell people to just deal with it, that is how more people are encouraged to just camp in the corner and do nothing, that is what causes the reg stars to go off in chat and everyone starts arguing with everyone. These lockouts only make PVP a more toxic environment, it was hard enough to get some guilds to even get their members to consider PVP, and some of the more casual ones that are getting into it now since the "revamp" are making 6-8 man premades. Darth Malgus is overun with them, former ranked players and guilds alike, SF has a few here and there with guilds like RoH popping up and getting 8 man huttballs, at least more PVP known guilds like V&R have the decency to keep it to like 4 or maybe 5, and I have no idea about the other servers. The devs, have done more damage to the people's love for pvp more than any troller, exploiter, or "big ego" player ever could and these obsessive lockouts are part of it. Why should a player have to endure all of that and still at the end, barely reach 6-8 medals under the current system? Why should that player be forced to sit there and take it because I or my team, or another team, choose to bully them the entire match by just playing, without ever saying a word to them, since we are good at PVP or massively overpowered?

They can't even detect the difference between somebody hitting the “leave” button vs a character timing out and/ or disconnecting. The penalties are draconian, an outrage. . You're not ruining someone's night if you leave or dc, but you are if you force them to stay. I get having strict quitting penalties in rated but this isn't rated. Even something like  10 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 40 Minutes, 1 Hour,3 hours, THEN 6 Hours+ would be fine, but 6+ hours for 3 matches in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!?? COME ON NOW. It's punishing enough having to wait 20 minutes after DCing through no fault of your own. They could a least make it possible for the players that DC a PVP match to que back and join/ rejoin the same team within a certain time frame, If they don't que until the match is over, apply lock mechanism, simple. Considering they are trying to make PVP as casual as possible they shouldn't even be implementing massive lockouts like this anyways.

On 12/25/2022 at 10:16 PM, RikuvonDrake said:

just play to win and stop leaving games when ur team is not ahead within the first minute of a game, easy solution to a non-issue, can't expect to win all the time. the only players who the the lockout "hurt" are the big egos who leave games regularly when things dont go their way

You know why ur post is funny? Cos I'm pretty sure thats exactly what our dear devs think. I mean,cant get worse than that. lol

• Thanks 1

Sometimes you go up against a good team with a bad team. Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world, no need to quit the game early and be a bad sport about it. If there were a way to discern between intentional disconnects because of ragequitting and accidental internet drops, I think an hour lockout for being a bad sport is more than fair if not merciful.

It's a game. No need to get so worked up about it.

An hour lockout for internet disconnect beyond your control is unfair, and I would think that happens more often that intentional ragequitting (maybe?), so for that reason I would be cool with a lower lockout period.

i was in a denova today and we were losing and 3 people quit (probably queued together.)  we didn't get backfilled in time and the match was prematurely ended.

they chose to take the LO.  the good news is that for the rest of the team (well me anyways) it did not appear to count as a loss if we cared about that.  it did however give a point towards the weekly.  so it worked out for the people that didn't quit and just took the loss.

moral of the story, don't be a baby about losing and just take it and queue again.

full disclosure, i solo queue like 99% of the time because i detest pvp, but do it for conquest once a week.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, MagesKickass said:

Sometimes you go up against a good team with a bad team. Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world, no need to quit the game early and be a bad sport about it. If there were a way to discern between intentional disconnects because of ragequitting and accidental internet drops, I think an hour lockout for being a bad sport is more than fair if not merciful.

It's a game. No need to get so worked up about it.

An hour lockout for internet disconnect beyond your control is unfair, and I would think that happens more often that intentional ragequitting (maybe?), so for that reason I would be cool with a lower lockout period.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:12 AM, Chryptyk said:

i was in a denova today and we were losing and 3 people quit (probably queued together.)  we didn't get backfilled in time and the match was prematurely ended.

they chose to take the LO.  the good news is that for the rest of the team (well me anyways) it did not appear to count as a loss if we cared about that.  it did however give a point towards the weekly.  so it worked out for the people that didn't quit and just took the loss.

moral of the story, don't be a baby about losing and just take it and queue again.

full disclosure, i solo queue like 99% of the time because i detest pvp, but do it for conquest once a week.

You both are forgetting that ppl dc often in this game. Take me for example: I never quit a match and yet I got a 6 hours lockout this week cos I dc on monday,got a stuck bug after using a movement skill 2 days ago , and then I dc again yesterday. Thats why the lockout should be 20mins tops . Funny thing is that I'm pvper and I'm a sub, so I basicly couldnt play a game I PAYED to play for 6hours,cos 1-they dont fix the bugs in their game,and 2- the connection to the server sometimes gets bad out of nowhere.And we get penalized for that. Thats a travesty.

Edited by DougTheNoob

7 minutes ago, DougTheNoob said:

You both are forgetting that ppl dc often in this game. Take me for example,I never quit a match,yet I got a 6hours lockout this week,cos I dc on monday,got a stuck bug after using a movement skill and then I dc again yesterday. Thats why the lockout should be 20mins tops. Funny thing is that I'm pvper and I'm a sub,so I basicly couldnt play a game I PAYED to play for 6hours,cos 1-they dont fix the bugs in this game,and 2- the connection to the server sometimes gets bad out of nowhere. Thats a travesty.

3 people from the same team DCing out of the match is extremely unlikely.  it's more probable that they quit together.  

i got DCed twice the other night myself and had a 1 hour LO.  i ended up logging into my alt account and just queuing on that one to do a gsf weekly and went back.  if i hadn't had that option, i would have just done other things for CQ to bide my time until the LO was over.

you could also make a backup f2p account and queue with that while waiting for the LO to expire.

2 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

3 people from the same team DCing out of the match is extremely unlikely.  it's more probable that they quit together.  

i got DCed twice the other night myself and had a 1 hour LO.  i ended up logging into my alt account and just queuing on that one to do a gsf weekly and went back.  if i hadn't had that option, i would have just done other things for CQ to bide my time until the LO was over.

you could also make a backup f2p account and queue with that while waiting for the LO to expire.

wait is that mean if you Lock out on one character you can log in on other character on same server and continue pvping without lock out ?

3 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

Yes. But that doesn't change anything about what @DougTheNoob said regarding his experience or other solo players.

That's nice for you. But I don't care about GSF. Nor do I care about other things for CQ. I only PvP. Then what?

I'm a paying customer and I have to resort to such bs as creating a backup f2p account? That sounds ridiculous to be honest.

I think

5 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

explains a lot of your remarks above and in your previous reply as well - it's nice you're being honest about it. For you, PvP is not the main focus of the game. Please realize that for others, it is. Or at least, they want it to be, but 7.2 is making it very hard.

Could we maybe get an update from  @JackieKo if any of this more recent feedback is being taken into consideration? It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard anything. I think some people in this thread have good ideas, I believe outside of a few people, most do not like the long lock outs and I am just curious if any changes are being planned.

3 hours ago, JowyyKazza said:

Could we maybe get an update from  if any of this more recent feedback is being taken into consideration? It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard anything.

I am just curious if any changes are being planned.

smh,  uh you do realize BioWare has been on vacation since Jackie's post? :rolleyes:

They're back in the office today Tuesday (official business day) .

Regardless, your personal "curiosity" has zero bearing on if/when they update the community on any planned changes.

My guess is that 7.3 will bring a slight reduction and/or adjustment to lockout timers; including a possible  3-quits-within-certain-timeframe-and-you're-locked-out  type policy.

19 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

smh,  uh you do realize BioWare has been on vacation since Jackie's post? :rolleyes:

They're back in the office today Tuesday (official business day) .

Regardless, your personal "curiosity" has zero bearing on if/when they update the community on any planned changes.

My guess is that 7.3 will bring a slight reduction and/or adjustment to lockout timers; including a possible  3-quits-within-certain-timeframe-and-you're-locked-out  type policy.

And I made the post on Tuesday (today) which according to you they’re back to work, so what’s the problem? I understand they were away that’s why I waited to make a post. Not a difficult concept to understand if someone puts the sarcasm away and actually work towards solutions.

Edited by JowyyKazza
Spelling

8 minutes ago, JowyyKazza said:

so what’s the problem?

No problem.  Just stating the obvious, which only needed to be stated after your post was made.

8 minutes ago, JowyyKazza said:

Not a difficult concept to understand

If the "concept" is most players are impatient & entitled, then yes i fully understand.

9 minutes ago, JowyyKazza said:

if someone puts the sarcasm away and actually work towards solutions.

Said ^ by someone using sarcasm and not offering any solutions. :ph_lol:

I care nothing about PVP, but I get sick and tired of people in fleet saying "q mid zone" or w/e. With everyone getting up to a 6 hour ban on PVP, the cries in fleet chat are going to get worse.

Edited by Traceguy
Spelling
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:16 PM, RikuvonDrake said:

Im all for the increased penalty, but maybe they should address the lag exploits in pvp first that cause players to freeze and be kicked for inactivity.

1 hour ago, Alconos said:

Im all for the increased penalty, but maybe they should address the lag exploits in pvp first that cause players to freeze and be kicked for inactivity.

Guess 5 threads isnt enough for a nonissue... This thread is about the lockout timers whichare particularly harsh towards dcs, not another platform for you to be annoyed about dsync issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, Alconos said:

You seem to be the only one convinced of these lag exploits in more than 5 threads. I agree with Anyaka, this thread is about the lockout timers whichare particularly harsh towards dcs, not another platform for you to be annoyed about dsync issues and imaginary lag switches or exploits.