1 HOUR LOCKDOWN BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MY RAVAGE WAS OVER AND QUIT???

Yettofall

Here’s an interesting one. Sometimes you can actually leave a match slightly too early and get a lockout! I won a voidstar match this morning (got credit for weekly and the achievement counter) but apparently left too early after it was over and got a lockout. Just another small reason this lockout timer is atrocious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AwesomeTacoCat said:

Here’s an interesting one. Sometimes you can actually leave a match slightly too early and get a lockout! I won a voidstar match this morning (got credit for weekly and the achievement counter) but apparently left too early after it was over and got a lockout. Just another small reason this lockout timer is atrocious. 

How did you leave early? I always wait for the exit button to show up on the end match board and hit that.

The TOS isn't that long, shouldn't we be seeing that copy/paste already? Or maybe the employees are running into the same issues we are -- we can't find it anywhere in the TOS either. You're violating your own TOS by suspending people for non-issues.

Anyways, I was hoping there would be communication from the team, anything really, just a note that they're looking into this and considering options.

I'll see you all around in the future; maybe they'll decide to work on making a FUN PvP environment at some point. One worth returning to. Good luck all!

So long and thanks for all the fish.  :)

• Like 2

If I am against a premade, I'm leaving.

If I am against someone exploiting stats, yes this apparently works again as shown by the wonderful theorycrafting community, 9k alacrity + 8k crit - I'm leaving.

Clearly bioware is currently not able to provide a working warzone gamemode. A penalty won't stop me from leaving, I just want out. I do not care that they are playing with their friends, or just using unfair advantages they shouldn't have like bolster exploit. I don't want to play these people, ignoring them doesn't do anything I can still get matched WITH and against them!! I do not want to play or interact with any of them, they are wasting my time massively and so is bioware with a not working warzone gamemode.

Please remove the leaving penalty COMPLETELY, until bioware can produce a product worth playing instead of me having to leaving every third game because I am against a premade, or straight up bolster exploiters. These people can't play fair, so I don't want to play them and I can't think of a reason why anybody would. Remove the leaving penalty, fix these things, then put it back in. Thanks. 

Boycot PvP, leave against premades, they will have noone to play soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

If I am against a premade, I'm leaving.

If I am against someone exploiting stats, yes this apparently works again as shown by the wonderful theorycrafting community, 9k alacrity + 8k crit - I'm leaving.

Clearly bioware is currently not able to provide a working warzone gamemode. A penalty won't stop me from leaving, I just want out. I do not care that they are playing with their friends, or just using unfair advantages they shouldn't have like bolster exploit. I don't want to play these people, ignoring them doesn't do anything I can still get matched WITH and against them!! I do not want to play or interact with any of them, they are wasting my time massively and so is bioware with a not working warzone gamemode.

Please remove the leaving penalty COMPLETELY, until bioware can produce a product worth playing instead of me having to leaving every third game because I am against a premade, or straight up bolster exploiters. These people can't play fair, so I don't want to play them and I can't think of a reason why anybody would. Remove the leaving penalty, fix these things, then put it back in. Thanks. 

Boycot PvP, leave against premades, they will have noone to play soon enough.

Yep. Pretty much this ⬆️

The only thing I’ll add is that the Lockout does actually affect me negatively due to lag disconnects. Because of it, I just refuse to play pvp at ALL. I’m not even queuing for it when I play.

I will be boycotting PVP until the lockout timer is removed or made more fair, especially for people who Disconnect due to lag.

And also until something is done to split the premades away from the solo players, especially the 8 man premades. Which is an absolute joke of a system 🤯

This draconian lockout plus the premade situation has made me not want to even play PVP, and PVP was my main activity in SwTOR. So if someone like me who usually loves PVP is put off or deterred by what BioWare’s done, what do BioWare think players who aren’t big PvPers feel about it? 

Surely BioWare are reading this feed back & seeing that this setup is discouraging people from playing & creating new types of toxicity in the community, which drives more people away from PvP 🤷🏻‍♀️

It would be great to get some follow-up response from @JackieKo to say these concerns are going to be addressed soon or at least tell us they aren’t so we can stop wasting our time complaining & just find some other PvP game to play.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Yep. Pretty much this ⬆️

The only thing I’ll add is that the Lockout does actually affect me negatively due to lag disconnects. Because of it, I just refuse to play pvp at ALL. I’m not even queuing for it when I play.

I will be boycotting PVP until the lockout timer is removed or made more fair, especially for people who Disconnect due to lag.

And also until something is done to split the premades away from the solo players, especially the 8 man premades. Which is an absolute joke of a system 🤯

This draconian lockout plus the premade situation has made me not want to even play PVP, and PVP was my main activity in SwTOR. So if someone like me who usually loves PVP is put off or deterred by what BioWare’s done, what do BioWare think players who aren’t big PvPers feel about it? 

Surely BioWare are reading this feed back & seeing that this setup is discouraging people from playing & creating new types of toxicity in the community, which drives more people away from PvP 🤷🏻‍♀️

It would be great to get some follow-up response from @JackieKo to say these concerns are going to be addressed soon or at least tell us they aren’t so we can stop wasting our time complaining & just find some other PvP game to play.

My subscription will expire soon.  When it does, I will not renew until this lunacy is undone.  I may continue to play, but I ain't paying for this atrocious game state.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sappharan said:

My subscription will expire soon.  When it does, I will not renew until this lunacy is undone.  I may continue to play, but I ain't paying for this atrocious game state.

Same.January will be my last month as a subscriber. They never fix the bugs in pvp,they keep doing all the wrong moves trying to balance classes and so on...So I dont feel like give em my money anymore.

Edited by DougTheNoob
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AwesomeTacoCat said:

10 pages of people saying the lockout system is broken and stupid. I wonder if we’ll get any thoughts from devs? 

I asked that question the other day & pinged JackieKo on the hope she’d get back to us… so next week maybe 🤷🏻‍♀️

On 1/27/2023 at 2:01 PM, ZUHFB said:

If I am against someone exploiting stats, yes this apparently works again as shown by the wonderful theorycrafting community, 9k alacrity + 8k crit

9k+8k???

As long as people keep making outrageous claims with no screen shot evidence no one's going to take you seriously.

I'm not siding one way or the other (though I'd obviously side anti-exploit) There are plenty of ways to post evidence in this forum. There are other posters saying that the bolster is working properly. Prove them wrong. Or prove them right. Either way at least the truth is out there. Making claims without proof just looks like whining...

1 hour ago, TyrFoge said:

9k+8k???

As long as people keep making outrageous claims with no screen shot evidence no one's going to take you seriously.

I'm not siding one way or the other (though I'd obviously side anti-exploit) There are plenty of ways to post evidence in this forum. There are other posters saying that the bolster is working properly. Prove them wrong. Or prove them right. Either way at least the truth is out there. Making claims without proof just looks like whining...

you happy now?

This is why the forums don't work, A bunch of people who have no idea what is going on.

• Dev Post
On 12/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi all,

I'm asking that posts are kept on topic. Please contribute the conversation of the lockdown in this thread as I do not want it being derailed because I want to determine if there is a bug happening with this system.  And as I wrote in my initial post, "it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see and the data that is collected off of player behavior" so I am asking that posts are kept on topic to consolidate feedback. 

Hi everyone, 

Following up here to say that the timers will be adjusted but we're finalizing some details so I don't have more to share at this time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the update. It's greatly appreciated 👍

12 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Following up here to say that the timers will be adjusted but we're finalizing some details so I don't have more to share at this time. 

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

It is disappointing that you are giving into match ditchers that make queue and matches worse for those of us who follow the rules.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Yep. Pretty much this ⬆️

I am forced to agree here.  The way I see it, PvP is dead unless they remove the lockouts completely and eliminate premades greater than 2-4.  And if premades are playing, they should be matched against similar skill premades.  The 8 man teams is a joke.  Alternatively, the lockouts would be ok to be left in if you instead: Add selective queueing, [x] no premades (even matched premades if you are in a premade).  and a checkbox to select which map types you want to be queued for.  Balance out the queues skill wise and your lockouts would be fine.  I mean seriously, the worst 8 man premade in the game has a 95% win rate.  Their win-rate should be 50% at best with proper queueing.

Edited by Stellarcrusade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaximusRex said:

It is disappointing that you are giving into match ditchers that make queue and matches worse for those of us who follow the rules.

It's quite clear "match ditchers" are not the only ones being affected. And even then...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Jackie don’t adjust the timers. Just get rid of the stupid lockouts until you guys fix the reasons people leave & you also find a way to identify if someone leaves or DC’s. 

It is not fair on people to get a lockout who DC. As paying customers, we should not be penalised because you move the servers from our regions & make some of us need to travel half the world’s internet to get to the servers 🤯

You also need to understand the actual reasons why people legitimately want to leave & address those before even considering having lockouts.

1. Adding 8 man premades vs pugs is just terrible. No one wants to stick around while any premade ROFLSTOMP’s you for their own sick enjoyment, but it’s 100x worse when it’s an 8 man premade 😡

2. Not allowing people players to choose what maps they play (which was promised 18 months ago) or at least choosing some they don’t want to play isn’t fair when the only maps popping for you are ones you hate or are buggy.

3. Matchmaking is a joke. Even without premades it doesn’t work properly. But when you add premades to the mix, it throughly breaks any chance of it working. 

4. Sometimes you just need to get away from toxic players for your own sanity. Why then should we be penalised because you guys don’t pay someone to moderate pvp chat live or at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

5. Sometimes real life intrudes while you’re gaming. Phone calls, front door, kids or other interruptions that may be brief, but require you to leave the game for a few minutes.

There is also the other unintended problem that lockouts is causing. Which is people AFKing in matches instead of leaving because they don’t want to get a lockout. This is compounding & getting worse. Which is causing more toxicity in the game.

Jackie you guys are moving too slow & also ignoring the premade problems entirely. All the effort the dev team went through to try & build up the pvp community again & reduce toxicity is being undone by 2 silly ideas that should never have seen the light of day in their current form.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MaximusRex said:

And what of people DCing or having a legitimate reason to leave? BioWare needs to at least find a way to determine if someone leaves or DC’s before having such a draconian system. 

They also need to address the reasons people want to leave, ie, broken matchmaking, premades vs pugs, bugs, Desync, other people AFKing, Toxicity & map choices.

All of those need to be addressed before punishing players for doing nothing more wrong than wanting a good experience & leaving when the see BioWare have stacked the cards against that happening. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

And what of people DCing or having a legitimate reason to leave? BioWare needs to at least find a way to determine if someone leaves or DC’s

i hear ya Trixxie , but as i mentioned in another thread i just don't  think it's possible to detect such nuanced honest or accidental type situations. ( other than granting BioWare increased personal access, which could compromise player security )

i'm pretty sure BioWare is limited by the obvious  'client/server , server/client'  relationship as every other MMO, whereby  'link dead' just simply gets classified as a general disconnect (no pun intended) within code & console.

And it's different in PVP, forgiveness-wise, than say an Op or FP  might be, since each WZ/arena  is so dependent upon time & team.

30 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They also need to address the reasons people want to leave, ie, broken matchmaking, premades vs pugs, bugs, Desync, other people AFKing, Toxicity & map choices.

Totally agree ^ ... However the question then becomes: Do they have enough staff & resources to undertake such a massive effort?

Perhaps after 64-bit conversion , if the  community could somehow illuminate  Disney, LucasArts, & EA  (outside of these forums) as to the reality of how truly awful certain segments of SWTOR's playerbase act & speak (on a daily basis in-game chats within WZ's, arenas, Fleet, DK, etc. ) as a representation & reflection of the STAR WARS brand, it might put pressure on those 3 corporations to take more pride....and give more funding$ (to BioWare) .  Otherwise, i'm just not sure what incentive they have at present.

34 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i hear ya Trixxie , but as i mentioned in another thread i just don't  think it's possible to detect such nuanced honest or accidental type situations. ( other than granting BioWare increased personal access, which could compromise player security )

i'm pretty sure BioWare is limited by the obvious  'client/server , server/client'  relationship as every other MMO, whereby  'link dead' just simply gets classified as a general disconnect (no pun intended) within code & console.

And it's different in PVP, forgiveness-wise, than say an Op or FP  might be, since each WZ/arena  is so dependent upon time & team.

Totally agree ^ ... However the question then becomes: Do they have enough staff & resources to undertake such a massive effort?

Perhaps after 64-bit conversion , if the  community could somehow illuminate  Disney, LucasArts, & EA  (outside of these forums) as to the reality of how truly awful certain segments of SWTOR's playerbase act & speak (on a daily basis in-game chats within WZ's, arenas, Fleet, DK, etc. ) as a representation & reflection of the STAR WARS brand, it might put pressure on those 3 corporations to take more pride....and give more funding$ (to BioWare) .  Otherwise, i'm just not sure what incentive they have at present.

Which is why the simplest & most cost effective Band-Aid fix to this situation is to just remove the lockouts entirely  because BioWare don’t have the technical ability or the resources to implement it correctly. 

• Like 2