1 HOUR LOCKDOWN BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MY RAVAGE WAS OVER AND QUIT???

Yettofall

9 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

As long as the game is unable to tell the difference between intentionally leaving a match vs. a disconnect or game crash, the LO system described above is completely draconian and inappropriate, especially for a casual game mode. 10-15-20 might be better, but ultimately while I understand the desire to punish 'quitting' a match, I'd rather people quit than go AFK off to the side (which is what happens when the LO period is longer than a match duration, btw).

But you are missing something very important. How can you tell the difference between an accidental DC / game crash, vs an intentional DC / game crash? Toxic Ranked players who love to exploit and manipulate PVP are experts at "faking" disconnects or game crashes. It is necessary to have a strict lockout, to discourage their toxic behavior, in order to make PVP a positive experience. Don't you agree?

58 minutes ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

You can thank the toxic Ranked exploiters for that. Those people are experts at exploiting and manipulating games, and would "fake" a game crash or server disconnect. In order for SWTOR PVP to be a positive experience, there has to be a way to combat those toxic players, which is why a lockout is necessary. In fact I think it should be 1 hour for the first offense, in order to deter those toxic players even more. That would ensure more positivity.

I'd argue that with ranked removed, penalties designed to curb toxic ranked behavior are no longer appropriate.  Would appreciate some BW data demonstrating the lockout is successful at curbing undesirable activity.  All we have so far is anectdotal evidence of legit players getting caught in the carpet bombing approach.

Or did they get rid of 'regs' and what we're left with is all ranked?

Edited by Sir-steve

12 minutes ago, Sir-steve said:

I'd argue that with ranked removed, penalties designed to curb toxic ranked behavior are no longer appropriate.  Would appreciate some BW data demonstrating the lockout is successful at curbing undesirable activity.  All we have so far is anectdotal evidence of legit players getting caught in the carpet bombing approach.

Or did they get rid of 'regs' and what we're left with is all ranked?

Bioware did not get rid of ranked or regs. It is a merger of both the systems, it is simply called PVP now, with a goal of being a positive experience. Thus, it is still necessary to have penalties and restrictions in order to prevent toxic behavior. 

2 minutes ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Bioware did not get rid of ranked or regs. It is a merger of both the systems, it is simply called PVP now, with a goal of being a positive experience. Thus, it is still necessary to have penalties and restrictions in order to prevent toxic behavior. 

Great.  Let's see some data to show its working.

1 hour ago, Chryptyk said:

does the penalty kick in if you don't take a pop?

Unfortunately no, there is no penalty for not taking a pop. Players will start exploiting that once they figure out they can do this, so Bioware should definitely add a lockout for this too. It was required in Ranked in order to stop players from exploiting it, so it is needed in post 7.2 PVP as well to tackle any negative experiences that some players might create.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Unfortunately no, there is no penalty for not taking a pop. Players will start exploiting that once they figure out they can do this, so Bioware should definitely add a lockout for this too. It was required in Ranked in order to stop players from exploiting it, so it is needed in post 7.2 PVP as well to tackle any negative experiences that some players might create.

I agree. Toxic Ranked players will just stop taking pops to punish everyone else. This game is absolutely perfect outside of this one thing. Bioware needs to issue some kind of penalty making it cost 20 cartel coins to miss a pop. That will for sure get rid of all the toxic ranked players and finally turn this game into the flawless pvp experience Jackie and the other devs dreamed of.

Edited by Llacertus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/14/2022 at 12:21 AM, Yettofall said:

So a 8 man team was ravaging my pug team. 

I quit

1 hour lockdown

fun, right?

You left match early, leaving your teammates with 7 vs 8 scenario, making it even worse for them - your behaviour was toxic and you have been punished. I don't really see a problem here. If you can't handle losing a PvP match you should make a break for a while and play something different, idk, flashpoint or story. PvP match barely lasts for more then 10 minutes, so losing one match shouldn't be a big deal for ya.

On 12/14/2022 at 12:34 AM, Shinzzun said:

The amount of 8 man premades on Darth Malgus is COMPLETELY unacceptable, game after game ! I am so angry at Bioware for enabling this.

I played more then 20 warzones on Darth Malgus this week and I have never saw 8 man premade. Not even 5 man premade tbh.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

So was this 8m premade we were hearing about queue syncing with 4s or were they able to straight up queue with 8? large premades would fall into the category of toxic behavior?  if so then, then measures need to be implemented to make it harder to queue sync or reduce the number of people that can queue together to make it harder to sync into a large group together.

18 minutes ago, Chryptyk said:

So was this 8m premade we were hearing about queue syncing with 4s or were they able to straight up queue with 8? large premades would fall into the category of toxic behavior?  if so then, then measures need to be implemented to make it harder to queue sync or reduce the number of people that can queue together to make it harder to sync into a large group together.

As of 7.2, you can queue with up to 8 people. This is intended, and per the PvP writeup you are actually rewarded with extra points for joining warzones as a group, so no, BW doesn't consider this toxic behavior. This is how they want us to play.

Is it just me or are these times absolutely crazy?

Like Destiny 2, which isn't a full mmo, but has a pvp section, has time outs after quitting 2 competitive matches, and the timer is only 15 mins... and stays 15 mins. Granted, they made their casual control playlist competitive, but Jesus Christ, up to 6 hours, for 3 matches? 

This is a great way to keep people out of the playlist, and the population down. What are they thinking? Is 20 minutes really to short of a time to think about your actions? (pfft actions -_-) When the FP timelock out for quitting a group is like 15, and that doesn't go up after multiple quits I think? If it does, I'm usually just done for the night. 

Jeez, I wonder what goes on on the inside, would've loved to be a fly on the wall when the developers who greenlit this thought it was a good time frame. 

Like obviously quitting is bad, and negatively effects your team, (I mean usually people quit/leave when they're already going to lose. I usually left games, just to speed up the process and get into a match where I had a better chance of winning/enjoying myself, I don't really care anymore now, so I rarely leave), but man these times are long... not even giving credit to those whos internet drops out, including mine sometimes. 

Edited by Tungstenses
  • Like 2

So, just had my first "leaving"....rest of my internet was fine, just my SWTOR connection played up and it kicked me to the server selection. Logged back in, out of the warzone, 20 minute lockout. Was about my 7th PVP match of the evening, rest had gone fine, no connection problems at all.

I can and will wait 20 minutes now, but, if, for whatever reason (and I have no idea what the reason is), the connection plays up again, it'll be up to an hour lockout.

Might play it safe and just not PVP...which for me today would mean not playing at all, since we don't know how the system works. For all I know, it might be that hitting the second lockout makes the cooldown last longer. And then, if I get another DC in 4 days I might suddenly be locked out of PVP (including GSF) for 6 hours.

So basically, if I want to be safe, I have to stop playing now.

Do you see the problem Bioware?

I am neither ragequitting nor playing riskily on an unstable internet connection, I just sometimes have connection problems with no warning which are frustrating enough anyway, without basically forcing me to stop playing.

Revert this change ASAP please,.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tungstenses said:

Is it just me or are these times absolutely crazy?

Like Destiny 2, which isn't a full mmo, but has a pvp section, has time outs after quitting 2 competitive matches, and the timer is only 15 mins... and stays 15 mins. Granted, they made their casual control playlist competitive, but Jesus Christ, up to 6 hours, for 3 matches? 

This is a great way to keep people out of the playlist, and the population down. What are they thinking? Is 20 minutes really to short of a time to think about your actions? (pfft actions -_-) When the FP timelock out for quitting a group is like 15, and that doesn't go up after multiple quits I think? If it does, I'm usually just done for the night. 

Jeez, I wonder what goes on on the inside, would've loved to be a fly on the wall when the developers who greenlit this thought it was a good time frame. 

Like obviously quitting is bad, and negatively effects your team, (I mean usually people quit/leave when they're already going to lose. I usually left games, just to speed up the process and get into a match where I had a better chance of winning/enjoying myself, I don't really care anymore now, so I rarely leave), but man these times are long... not even giving credit to those whos internet drops out, including mine sometimes. 

EXCACTLY  ! This long lockout is, let em say it COMPLETELY INSANE by Bioware and completely unacceptable.

44 minutes ago, Fraah said:

So, just had my first "leaving"....rest of my internet was fine, just my SWTOR connection played up and it kicked me to the server selection. Logged back in, out of the warzone, 20 minute lockout. Was about my 7th PVP match of the evening, rest had gone fine, no connection problems at all.

I can and will wait 20 minutes now, but, if, for whatever reason (and I have no idea what the reason is), the connection plays up again, it'll be up to an hour lockout.

Might play it safe and just not PVP...which for me today would mean not playing at all, since we don't know how the system works. For all I know, it might be that hitting the second lockout makes the cooldown last longer. And then, if I get another DC in 4 days I might suddenly be locked out of PVP (including GSF) for 6 hours.

So basically, if I want to be safe, I have to stop playing now.

Do you see the problem Bioware?

I am neither ragequitting nor playing riskily on an unstable internet connection, I just sometimes have connection problems with no warning which are frustrating enough anyway, without basically forcing me to stop playing.

Revert this change ASAP please,.

Someone has to tell them at next Cantina (if they dare show up at all) that this up to 6 hour lockout is moronic. I mean no other game in existence has this kind of lock out, its like Bioware re themselves (or friends of them) ex ranked players and on purpose wants to punish people who dont want to get steamrolled by their cowardly 8 man premades. Something is definitely fishy about this whole draconic lockout.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

We are keeping the finer details close to home, however, we can confirm that the lockdown is intended for minimizing the numbers of times a player drops out of a match and we would like to clarify some misconception here. The player experience should be as follows:

• Leaving 1 match = 20 minute lockdown
  • Leaving 2 matches = 1 hour lockdown
  • Leaving 3 matches = 6 hour lockdown

If this is not your experience and you are going through a 1 hour lockdown first, please confirm as that is a bug and we will have to look into that. Lastly, it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see and the data that is collected off of player behavior. 

Thank you

This is the STUPIDEST thing you have managed to implement. If you are looking to hemorrhage the remaining playerbase, then it's the SMARTEST move you can make. Firstly, your poorly coded system can't distinguish between an honest disconnect or intentionally quitting the game. So already your original penalty is too much. Now you're going to up that penalty on a broken system? 

It amazes me how promising things looked for this game after 7.1 to now having a colossal dumpster fire of an update with 7.2 and now this... just sunset the game and get it overwith... 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 2:40 PM, Crystal_Mind said:

As long as the game is unable to tell the difference between intentionally leaving a match vs. a disconnect or game crash, the LO system described above is completely draconian and inappropriate, especially for a casual game mode. 10-15-20 might be better, but ultimately while I understand the desire to punish 'quitting' a match, I'd rather people quit than go AFK off to the side (which is what happens when the LO period is longer than a match duration, btw).

Yep. Can confirm. Have been one of those types of quitters because even trying to rally a team together I'm told to go fornicate myself... so I do. This puts more incentive to AFK matches than to keep players and everything else you said is spot on. The fact that they decided NOT to code a system that can detect the registry of a player intentionally quitting is problematic as is. This just makes it even worse. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 2:50 PM, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

But you are missing something very important. How can you tell the difference between an accidental DC / game crash, vs an intentional DC / game crash? Toxic Ranked players who love to exploit and manipulate PVP are experts at "faking" disconnects or game crashes. It is necessary to have a strict lockout, to discourage their toxic behavior, in order to make PVP a positive experience. Don't you agree?

Nope. Hard disagree. The system can use the registry for when a player quits the game. Alternatively, the game can also monitor the connection of players and if there was no internet or server drop, it could detect intention that way. There are MANY ways they can do it, the devs simply don't want to. They think punishing grown, hard working adults is gonna fix the problem... it's probably gonna hemorrhage whatever is left. 

As for the people who would find ways around, this small, minor contingent of obsessed toxic idiots will ALWAYS be trying to find a way. Maybe if they actually took reporting player behavior seriously, they could actually combat it, but instead they are punishing everyone. I have experience corporate punishment. It simply does not work. 

• Confused 1

Hold on you create a new system because the toxicity of PVP, put people off so more than half the player base doesn't play because of it. You fix NONE of those issues, you created more, you create a system where you are forced to play a ton more time to complete everything and get everything and now you say you want to lock people out for hours. The devs need to stop putting their feeling into the fixes. How much time do you think the players who pay for this game have to play. Who asked for this? Please BW who asked for this?

7 minutes ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

How much time do you think the players who pay for this game have to play.

Irrelevant, since the game & pvp is now F2P.

7 minutes ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

Who asked for this? Please BW who asked for this?

EA bosses,  aka the only peep$ who ultimately matter when it comes to decisions.

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Sad 1

This is outrageous! I got a 1 hour lockout as well after being kicked from a arena where I got stucked after using my rocket out. I already got this sam bug on my sniper and my operative. Ye,everyone knows this bug(for AGES) and they never fix it. Instead they think its a good idea to increase the lockouts we get after accidentaly leaving a match in a game full of bugs and disconnections. This game is beyond repair with all the incompetent ppl running it. I'll do like 99% of the pvp community and just unsub.

Edited by DougTheNoob
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, DougTheNoob said:

This is outrageous! I got a 1 hour lockout as well after being kicked from a arena where I got stucked after using my rocket out. I already got this sam bug on my sniper and my operative. Ye,everyone knows this bug(for AGES) and they never fix it. Instead they think its a good idea to increase the lockouts we get after accidentaly leaving a match in a game full of bugs and disconnections. This game is beyond repair with all the incompetent ppl running it. I'll do like 99% of the pvp community and just unsub.

the game needs to be retooled to accommodate their game engine. fast movement abilities just don't play well in this game. I haven't noticed it with predation or sprint. but any leap, roll, rocket has the potential to produce chaos, and it's only predictable on elevation changes. the stuck factor (in my experience) is kinda random or at least impossible to play around.

the solution is retooling class abilities so that such movement abils aren't so necessary to the classes. then get rid of them. :)

44 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

the game needs to be retooled to accommodate their game engine. fast movement abilities just don't play well in this game. I haven't noticed it with predation or sprint. but any leap, roll, rocket has the potential to produce chaos, and it's only predictable on elevation changes. the stuck factor (in my experience) is kinda random or at least impossible to play around.

the solution is retooling class abilities so that such movement abils aren't so necessary to the classes. then get rid of them. :)

Ye,I get that. But Thats just another reason these lockouts are a dumb idea.