1 HOUR LOCKDOWN BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT TILL MY RAVAGE WAS OVER AND QUIT???

Yettofall

18 minutes ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

Honestly this

lol, Mycroft is just trolling...

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Lastly, it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see

The feedback is already quite clear is it not.

To be honest, I generally don't leave matches early, so it won't impact me that much. But simply the audacity of implementing this... @ARFett summed it up quite well:

2 hours ago, ARFett said:

Are you totally out of your mind?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Thank you Jackie. Please ignore the loud haters. The silent majority supports you. Toxic people who quit warzones should be punished. This is an extremely welcome change that will make pvp better.

I'm all for stopping toxicity, but I don't think a lockout timer is the way to go. You can't stop people from quitting. If they wanted to do that, maybe implement what Halo does and give them a warning if they leave too many warzones before giving them a lockout.

Just now, Bigfallenstar said:

I'm all for stopping toxicity, but I don't think a lockout timer is the way to go. You can't stop people from quitting. If they wanted to do that, maybe implement what Halo does and give them a warning if they leave too many warzones before giving them a lockout.

Mycroft, on the other hand, is being sarcastic, and you're biting every time.

9 minutes ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Why are you being so needy? Implement this, implement that. Just calm down, you are starting to act like a Toxic Ranked Player now. The update just dropped, give it some time, you will see how great it is.

I just think if your complaint is that people who leave don't get any stat to show they are little Babies, implementing that stat may well be the singular most easy to implement thing that has ever been implemented in a Computer Programm.

I know for a fact if PCs could only do one thing, Counting would be it.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

We are keeping the finer details close to home, however, we can confirm that the lockdown is intended for minimizing the numbers of times a player drops out of a match and we would like to clarify some misconception here. The player experience should be as follows:

• Leaving 1 match = 20 minute lockdown
  • Leaving 2 matches = 1 hour lockdown
  • Leaving 3 matches = 6 hour lockdown

If this is not your experience and you are going through a 1 hour lockdown first, please confirm as that is a bug and we will have to look into that. Lastly, it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see and the data that is collected off of player behavior. 

Thank you

How does this affect players with unreliable internet connections? PVP has always acted like someone is rage quitting even if it's a disconnection issue. The game manages to tell the difference in flashpoints and operations, but when my internet goes down, i get a 15min lockout even tho I had no intention of leaving the game. The lockdowns sound great but only if you can figure out whose rage quitting vs internet disconnection and so far, that has not been the case.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nkrivers said:

How does this affect players with unreliable internet connections? PVP has always acted like someone is rage quitting even if it's a disconnection issue. The game manages to tell the difference in flashpoints and operations, but when my internet goes down, i get a 15min lockout even tho I had no intention of leaving the game. The lockdowns sound great but only if you can figure out whose rage quitting vs internet disconnection and so far, that has not been the case.

You can "pause" PVE by simply standing and waiting till the DC person is back, and then continue. You cannot pause PVP. If someone has unreliable internet, they should fix that before playing PVP, otherwise they are putting their team at a disadvantage and should not be allowed to queue. The lockout is good.

2 hours ago, sGroggy said:

lol, Mycroft is just trolling...

The feedback is already quite clear is it not.

To be honest, I generally don't leave matches early, so it won't impact me that much. But simply the audacity of implementing this... @ARFett summed it up quite well:

Unfortunately, it seems that only positive feedback is listened to, and negative criticism is considered toxic and gets ignored.

• Like 1

So the next time I get operative roll bugged (your fault), or knocked into the reactor pit in voidstar, unable to /stuck or revive (your fault) I will be punished for 20 minutes, or most likely 1 hour? 

How about when I randomly get disconnected entering or leaving a warzone, despite a solid internet connection (your fault)?

We should be able to punish whoever came up with this asinine idea for an hour.  It's only fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Managuense said:

So the next time I get operative roll bugged (your fault), or knocked into the reactor pit in voidstar, unable to /stuck or revive (your fault) I will be punished for 20 minutes, or most likely 1 hour? 

How about when I randomly get disconnected entering or leaving a warzone, despite a solid internet connection (your fault)?

We should be able to punish whoever came up with this asinine idea for an hour.  It's only fair.

like make him play his own game?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Llacertus said:

I don't even have to convince people to leave at this point, its like they want to kill their own game.

Agreed.  I typically do not announce subscription cancellations, but I want to send Bioware a message.  The penalty is draconian.  It's absurd, and I am not paying for it.  

BTW, Bioware, I have not broken my subscription in over 10 years...until now.

Edited by Sappharan

If i were disconnecting a lot, i wouldn't be trying to pvp in the first place, but hey that's me.  It just doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to not be able to complete a match.  I get DCs sometimes or crash because something is eating up resources and i'm freezing up, but if it's a constant occurrence, i wouldn't do group content in general, so as to not effectively make a team a man down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The whole problem would be sucked out of finger if disconnect even for one second, you were NOT thrown out of the match/instance automatically and could go in and continue from where you were standing. But last three armless developers can't do that or are they really bipolar?

28 minutes ago, Chryptyk said:

If i were disconnecting a lot, i wouldn't be trying to pvp in the first place, but hey that's me.  It just doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to not be able to complete a match.  I get DCs sometimes or crash because something is eating up resources and i'm freezing up, but if it's a constant occurrence, i wouldn't do group content in general, so as to not effectively make a team a man down.

it's just regs pvp. you're not ruining someone's night if you leave or dc. I get having strict quitting penalties in rated. but eesh. with how dumb the matchmaking is and no map choice? c'mmon. any quitter debuff is silly. and an hour on the 2nd leave/dc is absurd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

it's just regs pvp. you're not ruining someone's night if you leave or dc. I get having strict quitting penalties in rated. but eesh. with how dumb the matchmaking is and no map choice? c'mmon. any quitter debuff is silly. and an hour on the 2nd leave/dc is absurd.

Just because it is not ranked, does not mean you are not negatively affecting your teammates. One of the goals of 7.2 is to "encourage positive behaviour". Leaving / quitting is not positive behaviour, it is negative. If you want to be negative, go to WOW.

3 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

While I agree with you in spirit, some days things seem to be going fine right up until the point that they go wrong, and then just when you think things are stable again, boom, and the internet drops again.  

I don't know about you, but I don't control the internet, and can't always predict when it will go out.  Of course, on stormy days I know that it is more likely where I live, but does that mean that I shouldn't play on those days?  

Long lockout penalties are off putting to me and tend to make me grumpy when I am affected by them.  If making me grumpy is the reason for the lockouts, then I guess congratulations are due to the dev that came up with the idea. 

If on the other hand, if making me want to pvp more often was the goal, then the change was a complete failure, and whoever approved this change should realize their mistake, and reduce or eliminate the lockout timer penalties.

Edited by Exly
Grammar and spelling

I kept telling myself the 1hr lockdown is a glitch, now I learn it is intentional and you even have the 6 hrs lockdown

You grouped every pvpers together to play the "galactic season" version of PvP.  The idea is to get a more casual environment where anyone can participate.  I mean, I can lose a match and it still counts toward the season, just way slower.  My point is: this is casual or you tried to make it casual, so why is there a need for lockdown? Are we playing to see who is top of the leaderboard, heck you even remove the ability to vote MvP.  If you want to referee things like this, why not implement it in ranked where leaving a match can cost others their elo? Oh wait, I forgot you removed ranked.... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

We are keeping the finer details close to home, however, we can confirm that the lockdown is intended for minimizing the numbers of times a player drops out of a match and we would like to clarify some misconception here. The player experience should be as follows:

If this is not your experience and you are going through a 1 hour lockdown first, please confirm as that is a bug and we will have to look into that. Lastly, it is possible that these timers can be adjusted in the future based upon the feedback we see and the data that is collected off of player behavior. 

Thank you

Thank you for that clarification. You definitely gave me enough to consider whether or not I unsub. On one hand, I love the game and I"ve been playing it for 10 years, but on the other you are showing us you totally do not care about our time or our money.

Your matchmaking is still abysmal, you have no way to remove toxic players from your pops, win traders, afkers etc... Until these things are fixed there is simply no common sense reason to apply a double penalty on leaving; one as a loss count and the other as a time penalty. This is really severe.

And since you are forcing us to literally log off for 1 to 6 hours, potentially, and find something else to play or watch during that time, I'm just really wondering if you even want us as customers. Certainly doesn't feel that way.

11 hours ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Thank you Jackie. Please ignore the loud haters. The silent majority supports you. Toxic people who quit warzones should be punished. This is an extremely welcome change that will make pvp better.

LOL, you are neither a majority, nor are you silent. LOL

• Like 1

As someone who also has occasional internet drops (also some of those seemingly exclusively in SWTOR while everything else works fine) and who has ragequitted precisely once in all the 1000's of PVP matches I've played in the game, I have no problem with the idea of staggered penalties in principle, but I think the choice of durations is hugely excessive.

Something like 10 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 40 Minutes, 1 Hour, 6 Hours would be fine. 

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I would guess only maybe 50% of drop outs in PVP are rage quits, so the punishment is just to draconian considering a lot of people who are hit by it have already been hit by the punishment of losing everything they gained in the match they just played (my last DC was in a voidstar match where I was at the final forcefield after about 2 minutes having already opened the bridge and both doors, so I clearly wasn't rage-quittting).

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fraah said:

As someone who also has occasional internet drops (also some of those seemingly exclusively in SWTOR while everything else works fine) and who has ragequitted precisely once in all the 1000's of PVP matches I've played in the game, I have no problem with the idea of staggered penalties in principle, but I think the choice of durations is hugely excessive.

Something like 10 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 40 Minutes, 1 Hour, 6 Hours would be fine. 

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I would guess only maybe 50% of drop outs in PVP are rage quits, so the punishment is just to draconian considering a lot of people who are hit by it have already been hit by the punishment of losing everything they gained in the match they just played (my last DC was in a voidstar match where I was at the final forcefield after about 2 minutes having already opened the bridge and both doors, so I clearly wasn't rage-quittting).

I'm calling it: BW added the 6 hours penalty so they can swoop in later on and say "We heard you, we listened to your feedback! We will be decreasing from 6 to 2 hours! Thank you for your continued support and feedback as we continue improving." Then they can laugh a bit about us crying, in their internal chat, like we've seen on those screenshots which were floating around. Guess it was an ex employee, but it shows the mindset these people seem to have IMO.

In principle I can understand the lockout duration increasing; after all if you know you're connection is unstable, don't queue again immediately so you don't screw over your team. However, something like 0, 5, 10 minutes would be sane. This, is insane.

15 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

I strongly disagree with these lockdowns.

As others have asked, what time period is this over? 24 hours? 48 hours?  

Since your systems can not differentiate between someone intentionally leaving or DCing due to internet connection issues, the deserter queue should be an absolute maximum of 20 minutes. 

It's punishing enough having to wait 20 minutes after DCing through no fault of your own or getting stuck in the map and not being able to move then getting timed out cause you're stuck in spawn... (Rocket Out stuck bug thankfully hasn't happened to me for a while but still incredibly frustrating memories).

So please just leave it at 20 minutes across the board. I think that's reasonable for all parties. Deserters get punished and people who DC suffer a not too long but still annoying punishment.

Edited by Pandoras_Jar
typo

16 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

the 2 and 3 matches lockdowns are pretty nuts. I am all for penalizing leaving matches, but with lockdowns like that... people are just gonna stay afk at a captured point.

Just now, warrico said:

the 2 and 3 matches lockdowns are pretty nuts. I am all for penalizing leaving matches, but with lockdowns like that... people are just gonna stay afk at a captured point.

Like you said. I think a 20 minute lockout for leaving early (with an additional loss for this game which is new) is okay. Maybe 10 minutes would be okay as well. Or the old 15. I don't know. I normally do not leave matches early and if then it was my last for the day.

But i get why people are leaving. Had a match 5 against 8. Since you do not get medals easy anymore (which is also good) this was wasted 10 minutes nonetheless.

1hour and 6 hour is far too much. Sorry. But people are paying for this game. It would be great if toxic people would get longer bans in this game. But okay - I can ignore them and its fine for me. Intentionally loosing should result in a lockout as well if we open this book.

So if you do not adress all these issues of toxic behaviour I would revert this changes of too long lockouts for just quitting.

I know you want to keep the finer details close to home (as you give us details about anything lol) but can you maybe verify how it works with 2 games quitting. Is it in a row or 3 quits a day 6h hours lockout. And if it is the latter - I hope you see what mistakes you made again ^^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.