Game Update 7.2 is now on PTS!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, 

7.2 PTS is now live! There’s a lot of content included in this phase of PTS, and I will list out all the related feedback threads below. 

Important notes!

• Character Copy is available, however due to the nature of this iteration of PTS, you may have to manually update your keybindings. 
  • Related to the above, we are testing out how players utilize the new mini map. Clicking M will now pull up the pop out map as opposed to the world map. This can be adjusted to your liking, of course, but we would like to see how players feel about the new mini map.
  • Alt+M pulls up the standard map now (previously M)
  • You may need to reset their custom UI to a default.
  • Please read through the known issues/changelog list before hopping on the PTS server. This list will be updated accordingly, so check it often! 

Each of the feedback threads contains specific questions about each piece of content, so please answer them with as much detail as and clearly specify which questions you are answering. That really helps us filter through the feedback efficiently.  

Thanks everyone! 

EDIT: Added Colorblind Mode feedback thread and updated known issues list to include changelog. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can we get a post on what the Gearing and Class changes are? I checked the sub threads, and there are no information. It will be hard to give feedback if we don't know what we are supposed to test or what is changing. Also I saw a post about a new currency (Systech?), a post on what it is, how you acquire it and how/where you spend it will be useful.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Akushii said:

Can we get a post on what the Gearing and Class changes are? I checked the sub threads, and there are no information. It will be hard to give feedback if we don't know what we are supposed to test or what is changing. Also I saw a post about a new currency (Systech?), a post on what it is, how you acquire it and how/where you spend it will be useful.

Systech is the nonupgradable 'junk' gear that sometimes drops from planetary enemies.

What they're looking for re: classes is laid out pretty clearly in the class balance feedback thread, I thought. For exactly what the changes are, you'll have to get on PTS and look.
https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925874-class-balance-changes-feedback/

A couple things:

#1 - Is character copy working?  I copied a couple characters and they are not on the PTS.

#2 - PTS broke something with the launcher.  After installing the PTS, Every time I log in now in the launcher (live or PTS), it checks for an update and then downloads over 1g of data and installs it.  This is happening EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Just switching back and forth between the two game modes inside launcher (live and PTS) also triggers a download.  Please fix this!

Edited by Screaming_Ziva
  • Sad 3

• Dev Post
54 minutes ago, Akushii said:

We have some detailed posts coming up from Bryant and Shabir soon! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

We have some detailed posts coming up from Bryant and Shabir soon! 

This should have been posted at the same time as the other things. Obviously this wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision, so something like that must have been planned in advance. It should be written in advance and posted at the same time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

A couple things:

#1 - Is character copy working?  I copied a couple characters and they are not on the PTS.

#2 - PTS broke something with the launcher.  After installing the PTS, Every time I log in now in the launcher (live or PTS), it checks for an update and then downloads over 1g of data and installs it.  This is happening EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Just switching back and forth between the two game modes inside launcher (live and PTS) also triggers a download.  Please fix this!

Is this via Steam or the standalone launcher?

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

A couple things:

The character copy took a bit longer than usual for me too, but they're all there now.

Don't know what's causing the seconds thing, 

indeed character copy took a bit but now all are there... but I have the same problem as @Screaming_Ziva - everytime I switch to PTS, a 1GB download happens... no problem for my internet connection but still annoying... (I have the original launcher, not Steam)

And I cannot seem to create a Legacy, everytime I fill out the prompt with my legacy name and click create, nothing happens :(

Can't start the pts. Steam client, every time i pressed play it does something without open any windows and then stops.

Fresh steam installation, restarted computer, nothing worked so far.

Have a i712700h (Alder Lake) in case there is some problem with that again.

22 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

7.2 PTS is now live! There’s a lot of content included in this phase of PTS, and I will list out all the related feedback threads below. 

Important notes!

• Character Copy is available, however due to the nature of this iteration of PTS, you may have to manually update your keybindings. 
  • Related to the above, we are testing out how players utilize the new mini map. Clicking M will now pull up the pop out map as opposed to the world map. This can be adjusted to your liking, of course, but we would like to see how players feel about the new mini map.
  • Please read through the known issues list before hopping on the PTS server. This list will be updated accordingly, so check it often! 

Each of the feedback threads contains specific questions about each piece of content, so please answer them with as much detail as and clearly specify which questions you are answering. That really helps us filter through the feedback efficiently.  

Thanks everyone! 

Please give Draining Center the 10 stacks of Fury back, taking that away kills the spec, please leave Annihilation alone.

23 hours ago, Gemring said:

Can't start the pts. Steam client, every time i pressed play it does something without open any windows and then stops.

Fresh steam installation, restarted computer, nothing worked so far.

Have a i712700h (Alder Lake) in case there is some problem with that again.

I have the same issue (and the same cpu)

On 11/10/2022 at 8:29 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

A couple things:

I'm having the same issue. I am a subscriber and have PTS installed and enabled. I have tried to do a character copy form the account page, but it does nothing. Doesn't show any status and just flips back to the character copy page after you click transfer.  I've noticed the Account pages are really struggling with lag as well, but coming back to the forum everything runs smooth and pages are very responsive.

My launcher also downloads this 1 GB update ever time I switch over from PTS to Star Forge and back.

So far I have not even been able to get into the PTS as my launcher just hangs up on the first loading screen before I can even get to the character page. I can go back and load into the original game just fine with no issues. Kind of blows.............

Plus it's the weekend so nobody is in the office........🤣

Edited by Darthmoriquendi
  • Sad 2

Yo is it possible to make all hairstyles unisex cause i see to much bad hairstyles for Male Character than Female Characters. Matter a fact there are only 2 to 3 Hairstyles in which the male character got a man bun.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

Happens to me too, please fix.

I'm going to play something else while it downloads

So, I have the same problem as Screaming_Ziva and also, all of the characters I had before the update are gone, is it normal? do we have to copy new characters every time there is an update?

1 hour ago, Argomemnon said:

I just DL the PTR and started it up and watched the first part of what ever and it was super grainy and then went to a green screen where I could see nothing. Live is currently fine and no issues. I have a 2060 super and drivers are up to date. I just tried logging back in and I also get a 1gb DL. Finally get on the game without a green screen and it makes my system go full tilt and hits my gpu to 60% and my cpu over 80% i have a i7 10700k and 32 gb ram and 1 tb ssd not sure what is wrong with my system suddenly trying this for the first time. I apparently I can not make it past the loading screen with the spinning blue icon in the lower right corner. I'm unsure if others are having this same issue but makes testing stuff nearly impossible if you can't even log into said PTS.

Something I have had issues with in the past is that just because your drivers are up to date doesn't necessarily mean they'll perform as you think they should. Try a previous version if possible. For instance, the newest version of my Nvidia drivers cause a massive graphics problem with my monitor so I had to install a year-old version for everything to work right. 

Asus MBO Z690
Intel i9-12900k (Watercooled)
Nvidia GeForce Aorus RTX 3090 (Watercooled)
WD SN850 NVMe 2TB SSD
128GB Kingston DDR4 RAM
CORSAIR 1000w PSU

Windows 10
Nvidia Driver 471.11
3840x2160, 60Hz

Edited by euroDSMtuner

59 minutes ago, Argomemnon said:

I just DL the PTR and started it up and watched the first part of what ever and it was super grainy and then went to a green screen where I could see nothing. Live is currently fine and no issues. I have a 2060 super and drivers are up to date. I just tried logging back in and I also get a 1gb DL. Finally get on the game without a green screen and it makes my system go full tilt and hits my gpu to 60% and my cpu over 80% i have a i7 10700k and 32 gb ram and 1 tb ssd not sure what is wrong with my system suddenly trying this for the first time. I apparently I can not make it past the loading screen with the spinning blue icon in the lower right corner. I'm unsure if others are having this same issue but makes testing stuff nearly impossible if you can't even log into said PTS.

Having the same issues myself with PTS.  My screen just locks up and even the cog doesn't even spin. 1GB download everytime I switch. Loading back into the regular server is just fine though.

Another thing is copy character on the account page is not working for me at all. Every time I try and complete the copy, it just flips back and resets the page with no status as to wether or not it went through. 

Really tired of this.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:20 AM, JackieKo said:

You really should note that you can copy and paste the .ini files from the retail folder to the public test folder so you don't have to manually rebind everything or rearrange the UI to what you are used to. This nugget of information would probably get a few extra people into the PTS if they knew that they wouldn't need to rebuild their UI and keybinds from scratch.

How To copy Live UI and Keybind settings to the PTS: 

Copy all files from here (primary game server)

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

to here (PTS)

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\SWTOR\publictest\settings

I thought I had followed the instructions - Copy Characters seems simple enough, and the ones copied are remembered as copied.

- When I launch I try the settings wheel - but it does not show 'Select PTS' or whatever that is meant to be.

- I used to be a STEAM linked player. I have removed the STEAM link, and uninstalled from Steam, and downloaded the EA launcher, and started again. Still no PTS server selection.

- Footnote: On the "Copy Character" page there is a dead link: The link in the following 'text':

`For more instructions on how to access the Public Test Server visit the community page .` Also dead after logging in separately to the forums.

2 hours ago, LeoRises said:

I thought I had followed the instructions - Copy Characters seems simple enough, and the ones copied are remembered as copied.

- When I launch I try the settings wheel - but it does not show 'Select PTS' or whatever that is meant to be.

- I used to be a STEAM linked player. I have removed the STEAM link, and uninstalled from Steam, and downloaded the EA launcher, and started again. Still no PTS server selection.

- Footnote: On the "Copy Character" page there is a dead link: The link in the following 'text':

`For more instructions on how to access the Public Test Server visit the community page .` Also dead after logging in separately to the forums.

The PTS/Live server selection is on the bottom left screen after you log in but before you hit play, not on the screen where you log in.

• Dev Post
On 11/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Important notes!

• Please read through the known issues list before hopping on the PTS server. This list will be updated accordingly, so check it often! 

Thanks everyone! 

Hi everyone, 

We're deploying a new PTS patch shortly. I've updated the known issues/changelog to reflect the major changes that have gone into this patch. Please see them here. 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying to log in to the PTS and getting stuck on the fist loading screen. Does not progress to the character selection screen and needs to be forced to stop. Also having the same issue that others are having with the downloads every time I switch to the PTS server in the launcher. I checked the logs and I noticed an error. Am I doing something wrong? 

3003(LOGIN_ERROR_USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_BY_PLATFORM) 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\publictest\retailclient\publictest\logs

2022-11-16T21:04:30.348913 2878 ERROR HandleLoginFailure errorCode: 3003(LOGIN_ERROR_USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_BY_PLATFORM) [Login.firestorm.client.OmegaClientApp](omegaclientapp.cpp:OmegaClientApp::HandleLoginFailure:441)
2022-11-16T21:04:30.348913 2878 DEBUG Disconnect invoked with error code LOGIN_ERROR_USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_BY_PLATFORM [Disconnect.firestorm.client.OmegaClientApp](omegaclientapp.cpp:OmegaClientApp::Disconnect:180)

Edited by ShogunNovela