7.2 Gearing Feedback

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Be sure to check out Bryant's detailed gearing post here!

Upgrading Gear on Vendors:

• Do you find it easier to see what items can be upgraded on PTS as compared to live. Specifically when upgrading gear for alts, or a discipline that isn't your current (such as upgrading tank gear on a DPS)

Systech Gear and Currency Bag Drops from Silver and Gold Enemies

• Please spend some time killing Silver and Gold enemies around the galaxy. How do you feel about the rate of Systech gear drops compared to the rate of endgame currency bags?
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hiiamhere said:

Will there be a vendor that allows us to purchase any of the new gear to try out on the PTS or is there a way to copy across commendation tokens?

good question! especially since the vendor on Odessen (where you could buy TFs) is not there - at least I haven't found him

The one issue I see with the current IR cap movement is around r4 gear tokens.

R4 blue tokens give 330 gear and so you would need at least 4 hm r4 tokens to have gear that is better than standard operation gear, (338 blues > 336 purples I am assuming). R4 gear being token based makes it not IR transferable, when you get a drop equal to your current item rating per slot, like all the other gear is.

It will be best to grind for 336 gear during a player's r4 grind. A player's R4 blues will only be worth while at 4/5 tokies compared to how now at 2 tokies it is "worth" changing over (though most players do still delay due to augmentation kits.)

This isn't probably going to impact a lot of players, but it does fall in line with devs trying to avoid "playstyles" that are detrimental.

Side note, please stop upgrading gear at 340. Gear grinding for the sake of gear grinding is not fun, also adding higher and higher gear power leads to older content being trivialized in difficulty which only lessens the amount of worthwhile content in the game.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Be sure to check out Bryant's detailed gearing post here!

Upgrading Gear on Vendors:

• Do you find it easier to see what items can be upgraded on PTS as compared to live. Specifically when upgrading gear for alts, or a discipline that isn't your current (such as upgrading tank gear on a DPS)

Systech Gear and Currency Bag Drops from Silver and Gold Enemies

• Please spend some time killing Silver and Gold enemies around the galaxy. How do you feel about the rate of Systech gear drops compared to the rate of endgame currency bags?

1. tbh I didn't have a problem with only seeing upgrades for my current discipline - I could click ALL at any time...
seeing everything by default could be quite overwhelming for new players

2. example: did the Coruscant Heroics and I got 9 green Systech, 1 blue Systech and 2 bags (5 DRM & 10 TFs) ... imho the gear still drops way too often!
honestly I could live without those drops period... I'd rather only bags with DRMs, FPs, OPs, WZs, Comms, TFs dropped.

2. I ran all the Coruscant heroics and then a few Balmorra on impside that had Champs/Golds/Silvers galore. I noticed an uptick in bags, but still toooo many of the Systech pieces. If ya'll could increase the drop chance of the bags even more, that would make looting so worthwhile again! As it stands, the systech just don't deconstruct to enough worthwhile things.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, JackieKo said:

Please spend some time killing Silver and Gold enemies around the galaxy. How do you feel about the rate of Systech gear drops compared to the rate of endgame currency bags?

I haven't seen any yet, at least I don't think I have. Is it obvious which are the Silver and Gold Enemies ? and I just haven't seen any yet then.

Is it just 80's that can get these drops ? or  all levels ?

4 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

I haven't seen any yet, at least I don't think I have. Is it obvious which are the Silver and Gold Enemies ? and I just haven't seen any yet then.

Is it just 80's that can get these drops ? or  all levels ?

If you click on an enemy you see a frame around their portrait and that can show a silver or gold starlike thing and in the description ‚strong‘ or ‚elite‘ iirc

the bags of currencies definitely only drop for level 80s, not so sure about the systech… will check later when I fire up PTS :)

1 hour ago, Dekibra said:

If you click on an enemy you see a frame around their portrait and that can show a silver or gold starlike thing and in the description ‚strong‘ or ‚elite‘ iirc

the bags of currencies definitely only drop for level 80s, not so sure about the systech… will check later when I fire up PTS :)

didn't see any then, well not in Voss, but I wasn't on my 80 either. So it's a 80's thing 🤨 which means I won't be checking any where but the 80 planet now

1 minute ago, Achnaattwo said:

didn't see any then, well not in Voss, but I wasn't on my 80 either. So it's a 80's thing 🤨 which means I won't be checking any where but the 80 planet now

There should be plenty on Voss… and the planet doesn’t matter - even the starter planets have silvers & gold … the important thing for the drops is your level, aka you must be level 80 … (just try the heroics on Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, or Tython with a level 80 - there are plenty of silvers & gold enemies - and see what drops)

My mindset still hasn't changed. 7.0+ gearing is horrible compared to 6.x. So its still just bad and horrible.

The ONLY slight good change was the mod vendor, but having the vendors (set bonus and mod vendor) be PER character through stupid and expensive and time consuming missions is dumb and annoying and frustrating. But I also dislike I can only go up to 330 (soon 336, so at least i'll be able to almost at 340) So wish I could get to top gear with mods.

Edited by Lakemine
Added slight good change and wishes

14 hours ago, Dekibra said:

There should be plenty on Voss… and the planet doesn’t matter - even the starter planets have silvers & gold … the important thing for the drops is your level, aka you must be level 80 … (just try the heroics on Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, or Tython with a level 80 - there are plenty of silvers & gold enemies - and see what drops)

well, I must have bad luck, never saw any on Voss (used my 80), but I did check out the heroics , well 2.  only picked up 1 Systech Gear, per heroic. cool 🤙, 1 was enough.

But I never saw any on Voss.

going to check out as a lower level doing heroics next

tested some more:

1. CZ-198 - only 1 (!) green systech (maybe the RNG God was cranky or there just not as much silvers & golds as in heroics)

2. Tython - only 1 blue systech (same as above)

3. Ruhnuk with plenty of silvers & golds killed while doing the treasure hunt = NO drops of systech or bags at all... intended or horrible RNG luck?

mind you: the 1 & 2 drops were from NO silver/gold mobs but from regulars...

I think the overall droprate should be increased as well as the bag droprate - though here it should not only be doubled but idk 10x higher

outside of Ruhnuk, not counting heroics, I haven't  seen any Systech drop.  I do get drops on Ruhnuk.

I have yet to see a Currency Bag drop yet. I have no idea what they look like.

still not sure if I have everything for upgrades, I haven't checked yet , my next login I'll look

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, BryantWood said:

Checking in here! Thanks you to everyone for your feedback on Gearing Changes in 7.2. Based on feedback we'll be reducing the drop rate of Systech gear lower than what you've experienced on PTS.

and hopefully the drop rate for the bags is increased?!

On 12/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, Achnaattwo said:

Then , that  might mean I'll see a currency bag, I haven't seen one yet

I've seen them, but overall the number of mats generated from them and deconstructing the Systech gear is down about 25% from what it is on live. It will make conquest gearing take longer.

23 hours ago, DWho said:

I've seen them, but overall the number of mats generated from them and deconstructing the Systech gear is down about 25% from what it is on live. It will make conquest gearing take longer.

Aside from R-4, 330 mods are more than good enough for PVE content to make it pretty easy, for the most part. I understand in a game like SWTOR, some players like to see their gear rating go up, and are motivated by this alone. But if PVE bosses remain at the difficulty they are at now, even higher player power makes a lot of older content trivial, which isn't particularly enjoyable. 

Point being, even if upgrading in 7.2 is slow, it's really not necessary for much beyond teams that are having trouble in R-4, and maybe for Ops players that are new to the older Operations, especially Gods and Dxun in harder difficulty settings. 

For casual play, 330 gear already makes Vet and MM FPs, for example, really easy. This is also true of SM Ops.