Custom Utility Bar Feedback

JackieKo

First impressions:

• Group Finder should be called Activity Finder.
  • Existing interfaces start out with empty utility bars. Can custom interfaces (that have not yet set an utility bar) please start out with the default utility bars, so that players do not have to redo this on launch day for all interfaces?
  • Like 3

BUG REPORT

The utility bar for Guild shows zero online, even when there is multiple guild members online.

(This happened when I quick travelled to another planet to CZ-198 after first joining a guild on the PTS, if that helps with replicating).

What other buttons would you want available?

N/A -- current selection is good

What additional functionality would you want for custom bars in the future?

Thank you for making this fully editable in the interface editor. Keep doing that.

But please provide some way to increase the contrast. The "signal" element is basically unreadable as it looks like "empty" bars. Additionally, when I check my ping, I don't need an entire block of explanatory text. It makes this element less useful. IMAGE of low-contrast "signal" element -- so more contrast and less wall-of-text in tooltips, thanks.

How many button slots are you typically using?

6 or 7 on one bar with the other bar disabled.

What buttons would you want on by default?

who, friends, guild, and mail should be on by default. I have activity finder turned off for now and map functions because I can handle those with other parts of the UI, but all the stuff previously around the minimap should be default for Bar 2 (in the lower right).

Edited by Crystal_Mind
fixing incomplete sentence
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

bring the clock back

I liked knowing what time it was without having to look away from the screen

The clock is there, you just need to activate it… (But it should be active by default)

On 11/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, Jerba said:

First impressions:

• Group Finder should be called Activity Finder.
  • Existing interfaces start out with empty utility bars. Can custom interfaces (that have not yet set an utility bar) please start out with the default utility bars, so that players do not have to redo this on launch day for all interfaces?

So much this - please let the default utility bar have the standard buttons active - standard meaning the things that are there on live by default (at least: clock, signal, who, friends, guild, mail) … it is easier to deactivate/additionally activate some buttons instead of having to activate every button because of an empty utility bar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Achnaattwo said:

Seems I'm not very observant, the clock was just moved, just have to look up instead of down 😕

You can activate the clock in the lower right one, like it is on live. I was annoyed and mad they moved it up top, but then I found the lower right one, activated it and felt ok. IMO, it needs to be default on the lower right.

7 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

before I looked up, I search to activate, never saw anything for that, it wasn't in preferences

5 hours ago, Lakemine said:

You can activate the clock in the lower right one, like it is on live. I was annoyed and mad they moved it up top, but then I found the lower right one, activated it and felt ok. IMO, it needs to be default on the lower right.

you can activate a clock two ways (not under preferences but when customizing your user interface):

1. via the new utility bars (BOTH of them! one on the top left, the other bottom right), you can select the slots and choose from a looong list of gadgets)

2. vie the minimap: there is the possibility to activate 'maximum' which is basically the old map we have on live WITH the clock

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dekibra said:

your user interface):

okay  thanks . . took me a bit to understand the Maximal and Minimal (mini map),  it was when I clicked maximal I saw it. The Maximal just puts the buttons  and clock, back like we're used to seeing, like no change.

Now I know how to change the bars, I love it🤙

• Like 1

Not mad about where the chat window sits now by default.  On inspecion I see that you can move it and that its not part of the utility bar but its always tricky to grab and move.

Also when you open out the utility bar it is too big to fit on screen - can this be resized?

• What other buttons would you want available?

Maybe the UI customization button to swap between the different UI's I have saved?

It felt like pretty much everything I would want there was already offered as options.

• What additional functionality would you want for custom bars in the future?

Maybe the ability to make them stacked smaller rows instead of a very long row of buttons (like what you can do with quickbars with number of slots per row).

• How many button slots are you typically using?

About 6-7 in the social bar, all 11 to have all the buttons and map control buttons in the 2nd map bar.

• What buttons would you want on by default?

Essentially same ones game has now in social bar and by minimap.

2 minutes ago, Darthjantom said:

Maybe the UI customization button to swap between the different UI's I have saved?

I love this idea for those of us with disciplines that would use differently arranged GUI toolbar setups i.e. Juggernaut and Sorcerer.

Utility Bar 2 keeps defaulting to showing Toggle Minimap for most icons despite being assigned as something else as seen here. I have to click on each one to reset it.

**Edit: It only happens when opening up the classic map and only if you haven't relogged. After logging out and back in, the iconography seems to stay as it should.

Edited by go_rogue

I was so outspoken about some of the UI stuff in the past, but this is actually a solid improvement all around.

None
    Nothing springs to mind

8 but I'll probably activate them all

I didn't know how feature worked even after reading the patch notes, but once I realised it was fine. I think you need to have the currently existing ones up there including Friends, Mail and the Seasons button, plus the ones you're removing from the corner minimap (GSF, Activity Finder, PvP). Best to have them all there and people can turn them off, rather than the other way around. 

31 minutes ago, EHKodiak said:

the ones you're removing from the corner minimap (GSF, Activity Finder, PvP). Best to have them all there and people can turn them off, rather than the other way around. 

not sure if you know, they are still there, just have to  go into interface, and change mini-map to maximal, default now is minimal 

Edited by Achnaattwo

On 11/10/2022 at 9:27 PM, JackieKo said:

I don't need more buttons available as I use the advanced tool bar

I know a lot of players are using key binding and keyboards short cut to access all the unctionality (Legacy, abilities, etc.) But I only you my mouse to play, so I use the extended toolbars where I put all abilities. And since I d not do PVP or group conquests, I do not need different sets. On the other hand, if I could have exra slots to add galaxy map, inventory, stronghold, etc. (as choices as well as we can add our mount and abilities in the slots) so that I could just click on it instead of trying and reach my keyboard to hit a key or move my mouse to the directory for the galaxy map, for example, it would be great.

as i mostly do stories, I use all the advanced bars slots at the bottom of my screen, left bar for healing, debuffing, right bar for utilities, like fast rtavel, mounts, etc., using the central double bar for all combat abilities linked to the character class

I would not impose default buttons, but if the idea is to include a choice in the UI preferences, then, buttons for the maps, inventory, legacy perks, abilities, would be good.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:27 AM, JackieKo said:

What additional functionality would you want for custom bars in the future?

would like to be able move the "EXIT" button.

I looked for a way to move it, or place in a different location, never found any options to move it, or even a option for it, in the interface.

On 11/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, JackieKo said:

So far everything seems fine to me, I could add and do everything I wanted.

What I am missing is that when clicking the missions I'm tracking it does open the mission tab but not the right mission and I have to search for the right one.

I've realised it is more than I would have guessed, it is pretty much everything that is around the map and 5 in the top corner.

Zoom in and out of map, time, signal as well as the activity finder.
Friends, guild, mail, reward those I really want to have.

• 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned this somewhere else but I'm not sure which is the correct thread for it.

I have my interface laid out in a way that suits my brain, but it probably completely opposite to everyone else.  Unfortunately, this means the new utility bars are in an awkward place but I can live with that.  The WORST thing is in strongholds, the exit stronghold icon now sits top right of the screen on my interface AND CAN'T BE MOVED.  This might seem minor to most people but for me that is a sub killer/game deleting problem.  I've been waiting for the PTS to be updated, hoping that this would be altered but it hasn't.  Right now this is my interface and the same with the editor on:

My usual interface layout

With the Interface Editor open