The New Forums are here!

JackieKo

44 minutes ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

It must have been a lucky post. Maybe it will show again soon.

It wasn't  "lucky"  actually.  But regardless, it was  fixed by BioWare. (check it again and you'll see what i mean)

I'm looking forward to whenever  phase 2  happens for these NEW forums, but judging how many truly awful  character-names in-game pop up each day, i can totally understand why BioWare  doesn't just want to open up the  embed-pics  floodgates  with our particular community. :cool:

• Sad 1

search results are segregated.

search results after the new forum existing are all we can search for now

the old database of forum posts are not searchable anymore.

we have to use google fu to find things on this forum 
site:swtor.com trinity topic to search

no longer a way to search for specific author of a post or topic through google fu

and the current search is not working properly

• Sad 1

Hi Devs, further to these posts, please return/add back the feature (that we had in the the old forums) to skip to the "next Bioware post" within a thread.  This is a feature that is sorely missing from these new forums.  Dev tracker does not help with this and I'm too old to read/scroll through entire threads looking for the most recent or relevant Dev post.  Thanks.

• Like 2

I'm curious how people are navigating to access patch notes now?  I don't see a link for Patch Notes when hovering over the Community tab on swtor.com.  Patch notes can still be viewed at https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes but unless you already know that like me I'm not sure how you navigate to that page via mouse clicks now.  Patch notes link is actually available when I mouse over the Community tab on https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes page but as I said this link is not visible on the Community tab on swtor.com main page.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Char_Ell said:

I'm curious how people are navigating to access patch notes now?  I don't see a link for Patch Notes when hovering over the Community tab on swtor.com.  Patch notes can still be viewed at https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes but unless you already know that like me I'm not sure how you navigate to that page via mouse clicks now.  Patch notes link is actually available when I mouse over the Community tab on https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes page but as I said this link is not visible on the Community tab on swtor.com main page.

On the Home page, hover over (or click) My SWTOR. You can get to your account, Patch Notes, Server Status, System Alerts and Redeem a Code there.

• Thanks 1

Is there any chance of seeing some of the more specialized features from the old forum return, namely stuff regarding Dev posts? A big one that stands out to me is the BW icon that used to show up next to threads that had been posted in by a dev, that could then be clicked to take you right to the first dev post in a given thread. There was then a "Next" option to take you right to the next dev post and etc. It was handy to be able to see threads that had dev responses and then also easily navigate to those dev responses specifically without having to use the tracker, I'm finding myself missing that functionality quite a bit.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Addictress said:

We'd see more positive threads if pics were allowed. I want to start a positive "Show Your Character" or "Show Your Stronghold" thread, but can't.

Hate to break it to ya , but  those types of threads already exist  here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/229884-show-off-your-characters/   ....and here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/679819-show-off-your-strongholds/   ...as well as here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/838861-stronghold-tour-videos-here/

Although , as you can see,  no one has posted within the 'characters'  thread since 2021  and the other 2 'strongholds'  threads haven't been posted in since 2017-2019 .

But  perhaps they will suffice while we wait for  phase 2 of these new forums to enable  embedding  images. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kimiko_tomiyama said:

Please tell me this will be revamped later. 

Hopefully  'phase 2'  will  also  get rid of the ridiculously  low cap on  clicking reactions. ( increase it from 10 to 25  imo )

"Sorry you cannot add anymore reactions today"  pop-up msg is  rather silly  when we don't even have a daily COUNTER display to show players how close they are to reaction cap.  (other than scrolling  thru  their own  'activity'  logs manually)

*All the cap (as low as it is currently) does is  diminish forum participation since people are  OVERLY  cautious/careful  about clicking  reactions.  It's too extreme of a cap.

p.s.  Other than the 'thanks' one, the reactions themselves  are silly and totally NON-Star-Warsy.  Please change them from Kindergarten-mode  or at least give us the option of using STAR WARS  4 reactions types.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: having a cap is fine, but it's just slightly too LOW

Howdy, been a while since I posted on the forums. 👋

I noticed something I haven't seen mentioned here that felt worth raising, just in case:

* My password was longer than 16 characters previously, this has been the case for a long, long time and has always logged me in without issue in the old login UI.

* Using the new login UI I am told the password must comply to the 8-16 character range limit and my login is refused.

(Note: despite logging in via the Home page I was not logged in to the forums, this required a separate login flow via the new UI).

* I updated my password to fit within that range and now I can login okay (hence the post).

I know the new login flow isn't planned for use elsewhere yet but just in case it seems like a pretty big deal to ensure you don't accidentally lock players out from accessing their account screen.

I guess I'll tag @JackieKo here? Apologies if this is known/tagging is undesirable, I couldn't see anything in the bug section or this thread. :)

21 minutes ago, JamaicanCastle said:

Don't know if this was mentioned, but links aren't showing up properly in the post preview on dev tracker. e.g., today's post about 7.1.1 says "patch notes are now available here." but "here" isn't a link like it is in the real post.

It's a small inconvenience to have to click through, admittedly, but it's still a bug <.<

Pretty sure that's  working-as-intended  formatting , as per  *preview*  effect.

In other words,  it's just supposed to show/preview the  post  'skeleton' , but then you're supposed to  CLICK into that actual thread for the functionality of it.

That's how interpreted it  at least.   I'm sure  JackieKo  will correct me if i'm wrong.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, JackieKo said:

If you go into your Settings > Security & Privacy and use your SWTOR login or reauthenticate, you will see the option to hide your online status. 

It won't accept my password and locked me out of my account there wont let me access my privacy and settings because "my email and or password were incorrect (they weren't) 

However obviously i can still post so... something's buggy there 😛

Edited by YaddleTwo

On 10/18/2022 at 10:20 PM, YaddleTwo said:

It won't accept my password and locked me out of my account there wont let me access my privacy and settings because "my email and or password were incorrect (they weren't) 

However obviously i can still post so... something's buggy there

Did you ever get things resolved?   If you haven't already, make sure to clear cookies/cache  on your browser, which should help the  "email and password incorrect"  part being, well, incorrect.

Since these NEW forums launched, i'm pretty sure the  login  for  website & forums  are now entirely separated. (and therefore , the website will  'time out'  & reset itself far more often )

------

Also,  @JackieKo , any chance you could please consider the followiing:

• Please create a *Technical Support* SECTION to these new forums, so that the important  Bug Reports section (or other sections) isn't  cluttered with eroneous "reports" which really are just personal/player computer issues.
  • Please give us  the OPTION to make those  lower-right-corner  'reaction' clickys  be converted to the STAR WARS versions?  Otherwise, these forums continually remind me of  lolFacebook.  :ph_danger: So yeah, ugh.
Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, Nee-Elder said:

Did you ever get things resolved?   If you haven't already, make sure to clear cookies/cache  on your browser, which should help the  "email and password incorrect"  part being, well, incorrect.

Since these NEW forums launched, i'm pretty sure the  login  for  website & forums  are now entirely separated. (and therefore , the website will  'time out'  & reset itself far more often )

------

Also,  @JackieKo , any chance you could please consider the followiing:

• Please create a *Technical Support* SECTION to these new forums, so that the important  Bug Reports section (or other sections) isn't  cluttered with eroneous "reports" which really are just personal/player computer issues.
  • Please give us  the OPTION to make those  lower-right-corner  'reaction' clickys  be converted to the STAR WARS versions?  Otherwise, these forums continually remind me of  lolFacebook.  :ph_danger: So yeah, ugh.

Nope not resolved, it's still happening and I just signed in, and i do always clear my browsers on opening and closing so it's not that  

• Dev Post

@YaddleTwo I'll message you about that password issue. The forum uses a different login system than the swtor.com website and doesn't store your password so it shouldn't be asking you for one.

For those having problems with signature height try using Shift-Enter instead of Enter. That should reduce the space between each line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Given the age of this game it would have been a smart move to remove all outdated posts. Posts referring to the "willpower" stat from 2013 for example.  Whenever I do a search for current information and tips I always have to sort through ancient data from old versions of the game that are no longer relevant.  It would also save room on your database.

I would still like to see the post body be 16 pt font instead of 14 pt. Some threads are very long, and it strains the eyes at the smaller size currently. I've figured out how to open the browser tools and edit the CSS, but it would be better if you had an option in user settings to change this.

• Dev Post
18 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Excuse me  @JesseReid , but over the past week  i've been noticing  THIS:  https://i.imgur.com/2Mi7Lhy.jpg ...  a few times.   Any idea what's going on? :confused:

Local/user issue  or something larger with these new forums?

If you can keep track of the times and pages it happens on I can check the logs. Might be something I need to pass along to Invision (forum software company) to check on.  Send me a DM with more details if you see it happen again.  

16 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I would still like to see the post body be 16 pt font instead of 14 pt. Some threads are very long, and it strains the eyes at the smaller size currently. I've figured out how to open the browser tools and edit the CSS, but it would be better if you had an option in user settings to change this.

That is something we're looking into. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2