Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

I see your goalposts shifted.

A story FP + wrapper and an area in which you can't do anything but gawk are "new content," sure. But again - it's definitely on the skimpy side, especially compared to what was promised.

It's new content. I'm not saying it's a lot of content, but it is new content. So people need to stop saying that we're not getting new content. We are.

Also, I got to ask - how do you know that the new area will only be for "gawking"? Seriously, how? Have you seen it? I'm curious. I just haven't seen any hint that it's only going to be for cutscenes - I'm assuming we'll actually have missions on Manaan. But if you're right, I'll be the first one to complain, you better believe it. I play for the story, so you better believe I'll be the first complaining if we don't get enough story this year.

Edit: you'll also have to tell me what "goalpost" means because I haven't got a clue.

Edited by Pricia

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's new content. I'm not saying it's a lot of content, but it is new content. So people need to stop saying that we're not getting new content. We are.

Yes, we are technically getting new content with 7.0. Is it large? No. Is it even the bulk of what we are getting? Also no, and people are not wrong for pointing that out.

Also, I got to ask - how do you know that the new area will only be for "gawking"? Seriously, how? Have you seen it? I'm curious. I just haven't seen any hint that it's only going to be for cutscenes - I'm assuming we'll actually have missions on Manaan. But if you're right, I'll be the first one to complain, you better believe it. I play for the story, so you better believe I'll be the first complaining if we don't get enough story this year.

Because BioWare has told us the daily area will not be coming with 7.0; it will theoretically come with 7.1. While I do agree with your assessment of what it probably ultimately will be (something like Ossus - a base area for your faction, with a few smaller areas to shuttle to/from for missons), I don't think that anything other than the landing/starting area will launch with 7.0. This is based on the fact that historically daily areas that have been tied to story wind up being the same missions you did for the story, except without the story wrapper parts. If they had the story missions ready to deliver, the daily area(s) would be ready as well. We might get some intro dialogue about Manaan there before 7.1, but again - if it relates to the actual missions on Manaan, I don't see it coming before 7.1 (whenever that is).

If you want to get an idea of the general size of the starting area for Manaan, Swtorista managed to get into what looks like it briefly on the PTS before they closed it off again.

Edit: you'll also have to tell me what "goalpost" means because I haven't got a clue.

Your shift from emphasizing story to content by using Manaan to bolster your argument is shifting the goalposts. And it's still not all that helpful to the overarching point that more ]has been taken away from 7.0 since its announcement, especially in terms of content, than is normal even for BioWare.

Edited by Lyriel

Because BioWare has told us the daily area will not be coming with 7.0; it will theoretically come with 7.1. While I do agree with your assessment of what it probably ultimately will be (something like Ossus - a base area for your faction, with a few smaller areas to shuttle to/from for missons), I don't think that anything other than the landing/starting area will launch with 7.0. This is based on the fact that historically daily areas that have been tied to story wind up being the same missions you did for the story, except without the story wrapper parts. If they had the story missions ready to deliver, the daily area(s) would be ready as well. We might get some intro dialogue about Manaan there before 7.1, but again - if it relates to the actual missions on Manaan, I don't see it coming before 7.1 (whenever that is).[/Quote]

Yeah I'm thinking now that it's going to be more like Echoes of Oblivion... or one of the KotFE/KotET chapters... A kind of story that happens in an instance but not a flashpoint. Still.. it's definitely going to be more than for gawking as they said in the livestream that there would be battles.

If you want to get an idea of the general size of the starting area for Manaan, Swtorista managed to get into what looks like it briefly on the PTS before they closed it off again. [/Quote]

Oh cool, I never saw that! Ok so definitely tiny. Kinda like Ziost then I guess. Looks like they'll probably end up with a before/after thing like Ziost then. Ziost is still my favorite part ever though so I'm going to stay optimist on that one. Thanks for sharing!

Your shift from emphasizing story to content by using Manaan to bolster your argument is shifting the goalposts. And it's still not all that helpful to the overarching point that more ]has been taken away from 7.0 since its announcement, especially in terms of content, than is normal even for BioWare.

I was just being completely literal by saying that, yes, they are adding content. But now that you mention it... I don't think they are actually removing content either. They're changing it and removing some of the GAMEPLAY features for sure (ability to mod our gear, for example), but it's not what I call content. For me content is, well, things to do.

Also still confused about what he meant by MY goalposts because I'm mostly just replying to posters (a lot, granted, I'm on disability leave with not much else to do and REALLY looking forward to 7.0 for the story at this point), and I just like constructive criticism instead of just criticism for the sake of it. We NEED criticism. But just complaining about the lack of new content is not constructive - feel free to complain that it's not enough though (I totally agree with that).

Edited by Pricia

Yeah I'm thinking now that it's going to be more like Echoes of Oblivion... or one of the KotFE/KotET chapters... A kind of story that happens in an instance but not a flashpoint. Still.. it's definitely going to be more than for gawking as they said in the livestream that there would be battles.

I'm still thinking more like Ossus - you have some story inside an instance (like when Republic characters find the planet and meet certain past class companions), and then missions outside that instance that will become the daily missions after you've finished the story. While it will be more than gawking at some point that isn't what we are getting with 7.0, which is what we are discussing.

Oh cool, I never saw that! Ok so definitely tiny. Kinda like Ziost then I guess. Looks like they'll probably end up with a before/after thing like Ziost then. Ziost is still my favorite part ever though so I'm going to stay optimist on that one. Thanks for sharing!

From the unfinished stuff, I definitely think the art and atmosphere for this part of Manaan will be amazing when it's finished. It is one of the things I am actually looking forward to.

I was just being completely literal by saying that, yes, they are adding content. But now that you mention it... I don't think they are actually removing content either. They're changing it and removing some of the GAMEPLAY features for sure (ability to mod our gear, for example), but it's not what I call content. For me content is, well, things to do.

I wasn't saying they were removing content that is currently in the game - though by your definition, they are kind of removing 'things to do' by the way they are removing the renown system and especially the way they are changing conquest. No, what I meant was they promised a lot of content with 7.0 (literally, that is why the expansion was called LotS), and they are not delivering that. They shifted content (like the daily area) to later in the year, which has the domino effect of shifting the rest still further...

Also still confused about what he meant by MY goalposts because I'm mostly just replying to posters (a lot, granted, I'm on disability leave with not much else to do and REALLY looking forward to 7.0 for the story at this point), and I just like constructive criticism instead of just criticism for the sake of it. We NEED criticism. But just complaining about the lack of new content is not constructive - feel free to complain that it's not enough though (I totally agree with that).

I think it's that last sentence that is the key to understanding what others are saying. Most, at least, are not literally saying there is no new content. They are saying there is so little that it stretches the definition of what they consider an "expansion" (as opposed to the smaller "updates" where we have gotten the same level, or at times even more). The rest of what we are getting with 7.0 is, as you say, not content but gameplay.

Edited by Lyriel

her goalposts move constantly to fit the current quote she's on ;)

if she doesn't like it? she'll say some passive aggressive stuff to ya

You do realize that this is being passive aggressive, right? Replying to person X while complaining about person Y.

First of all, I love the idea of weapons in outfit. I returned to game about one, two weeks ago after 1,5-year break (pregnancy and little baby) and didn'tt have much time to test everything but this one is supposed to be great.

As much as I tested, I'm really dissapointed with one thing (or at least it wasn't working for me on PTS). If we can have two combat styles, let us use weapon in outfit for the Combat style that we are not using at the moment. For example, if my styles are Sage and Assassin, let me use double-bladed lightsaber on Sage (I mean in outfit only). Even if some abilities will look strange, it's still important to have this opportunity as it gives more option to our look and roleplaying. That is one the feature that Combat styles should bring. I understand that I can change style for other weapon in conversation but I want that option for PvP etc. I can wait much longer than to 7.1 if this is going to exist.

Of course I agree with other people, mods for CM weapon should be available if we have to wait even a short time.

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

I hope you rethink waiting or just pushing the update back again. Some of us have hundreds of dollars in weapons we bought on the cartel market. Some of these weapons are almost $40. I beg you to make sure we can use them for skins for 7.0. I don't want people to get mad and leave the game over an embarrassing oversight like this. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say we don't want content trickled out when it should have been there at launch. Please please please delay if you must. Give all your players the best launch possible and not have it brought down by this.

I hope you rethink waiting or just pushing the update back again. Some of us have hundreds of dollars in weapons we bought on the cartel market. Some of these weapons are almost $40. I beg you to make sure we can use them for skins for 7.0. I don't want people to get mad and leave the game over an embarrassing oversight like this. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say we don't want content trickled out when it should have been there at launch. Please please please delay if you must. Give all your players the best launch possible and not have it brought down by this.

Delaying an expansion because of a cosmetic issue that will be fixed in a few months is completely idiotic. Yes, it's disappointing, but really, you can't just wait 3 months for ONE feature?

Delaying an expansion because of a cosmetic issue that will be fixed in a few months is completely idiotic. Yes, it's disappointing, but really, you can't just wait 3 months for ONE feature?

Here's the thing. You have made it plain that you, personally, find story the thing you want most in the expansion. That's great - but here's a reminder that that is your personal priority, and it is not shared by everyone else. Calling someone else's priority idiotic is not a good look. How would you feel if someone told you to just wait for the story for three more months, and that not wanting to wait for it was completely idiotic? Many people have time and emotional investments in their characters, including their appearance. It's not for you to tell them they are idiots.

Here's the thing. You have made it plain that you, personally, find story the thing you want most in the expansion. That's great - but here's a reminder that that is your personal priority, and it is not shared by everyone else. Calling someone else's priority idiotic is not a good look. How would you feel if someone told you to just wait for the story for three more months, and that not wanting to wait for it was completely idiotic? Many people have time and emotional investments in their characters, including their appearance. It's not for you to tell them they are idiots.

Ok seriously though - do you think it's a smart move to delay an expansion just for the maybe 10% of players who apparently are willing to wait for the expansion just because their weapons won't LOOK right for a few months?

You know what, it bothers you that much, just don't play until 7.1 comes out. It's that simple. Everyone else shouldn't be penalized because YOU can't deal with a weapon not looking the way you want it to.

And FYI, I play space Barbie too and I've spent money on cosmetic stuff as well. But seriously, when you've been playing a game for years, waiting three/four months for a cosmetic feature is nothing. Or maybe it's just my age showing - but three/four months is nothing. I'll get my precious weapons back eventually.

Not to mention money we've spent. You are completely correct though (and I had to ignore the person you were replying to because her/his insults were not being moderated).

I wonder why no-one from BW has bothered to comment on the fact that once you hit 80, keeping your modded CM weapons (because the un-modded upgrades look awful) will negatively impact your stats (it made a difference to my characters on the PTS). I'm betting there will never be a fix for the weapons slot in the outfitter and sooner rather than later they will be forced to re-introduce weapon-only mods to upgrade our CM weapons instead.

Not to mention money we've spent. You are completely correct though (and I had to ignore the person you were replying to because her/his insults were not being moderated).

I wonder why no-one from BW has bothered to comment on the fact that once you hit 80, keeping your modded CM weapons (because the un-modded upgrades look awful) will negatively impact your stats (it made a difference to my characters on the PTS). I'm betting there will never be a fix for the weapons slot in the outfitter and sooner rather than later they will be forced to re-introduce weapon-only mods to upgrade our CM weapons instead.

Considering they started working on the weapons outfitter idea in 5.0. I’d say it’s a good bet there is a technical hurdle they can’t seem to overcome. And they will say so in the coming weeks.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

... Wow... With all due respect, that's really dumb. There's already been a huge number of people advising how to easily fix this and I suggest you do, otherwise you will lose players by the thousands.

... Wow... With all due respect, that's really dumb. There's already been a huge number of people advising how to easily fix this and I suggest you do, otherwise you will lose players by the thousands.

Lots of people who clearly are not game developers.

Lots of people who clearly are not game developers.

Yeah, like lots of people who play the game and know what they like and don’t like. Compared to game developers who don’t play their own game. Gee, I wonder who might have a better idea on how to fix the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, like lots of people who play the game and know what they like and don’t like. Compared to game developers who don’t play their own game. Gee, I wonder who might have a better idea on how to fix the game.

You're comparing gameplay and coding here. Not quite the same thing.

But yeah, we shouldn't have to test their features for them. That still baffles me that they want us to do that - what exactly would there be to test? It works or it doesn't. They certainly could figure THAT out. And if they want feedback about how it works in game... Well, they could ask her NOW what we expect from it.

Me? I don't want to have to change outfits when I switch combat styles, so I'd like each outfit to be associated with both sets of weapons. And I want the crystal in the weapons in the outfitter to work properly too.

If they did that... what exactly would we have to test? I'm more worried that they're going to come up with a half-assed solution and ask feedback to see if they can get away with it without pissing everyone off.

But yeah, we shouldn't have to test their features for them. That still baffles me that they want us to do that - what exactly would there be to test? It works or it doesn't. They certainly could figure THAT out. And if they want feedback about how it works in game... Well, they could ask her NOW what we expect from it.

Me? I don't want to have to change outfits when I switch combat styles, so I'd like each outfit to be associated with both sets of weapons. And I want the crystal in the weapons in the outfitter to work properly too.

If they did that... what exactly would we have to test? I'm more worried that they're going to come up with a half-assed solution and ask feedback to see if they can get away with it without pissing everyone off.

Years ago when WoW introduced it's first Hero Class the Death Knight, the dev's purposely made it more powerful than any of the other classes. When asked why they did that on the forums, one responded that there was no way the limited group of game designers could figure out everything the players would try to do with it. With this in mind they overpowered it so millions of players would test the new class with every permutation they could think of to get the most out of it. Once they had their data the dev's brought the class back in line with all the others.

I would think the answer to your question would be that they know the best testers are the passionate players not involved in the creation process with the implementation of boundaries required in coding. "Two pair of eyes are better than one" as the saying goes.

I do not like the idea of daily and weekly missions reset.

Do you guys even PLAY the game?

Many times I play things like GSI or other weeklies for reputation, particularly on the European servers, and it is impossible to play the whole weekly thing in one week,: like for instance the GSI missions. (looking for that damned bird flying around on Alderaan is a pain in the tuchas.

As for grouping, I don't group much on the German or French servers because I only speak a little German and no French. Additionally because of the hours I play there are rarely groups forming the same time as I play.

There is a weekly Voss heroic quest. I often do NOT finish this in a week. I have multi-multi characters across the whole server. I think many fellow subscribers have the same, and if this change goes forward, I think you will lose many of them.

I don't want to play on Your timeframe, I want to play when MY SCHEDULE ALLOWS.

:mad:

Instead of giving us Changes we DON'T WANT, why don't you FIX STUFF that has been broken for 10 years, since 2012 when the game started. Namely: CODEX.

Another change mentioned : AUTO completion of other missions (non-heroic).

This is insanity when it comes to bonus missions.

Why?

Example:

Mission : Empire: Tatooine.

Main mission: Talk to Darth Silthar after getting compass, decide whether to kill him or not, decide whether to destroy sand-people tapestry in cave.

Bonus mission: 1. Kill some sandpeople

2. kill 40 more sandpeople

3. destroy sandpeople water containers

4. kill boss mob and turn in.

There are not 40 sandpeople in the cave, only about 25 or so. So I always wait to complete bonus after I kill the ones in the cave, which count toward the total. If the mission ends while you are still in the cave, it will be impossible to complete the mission.

HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME? This is an insane change.

Another change mentioned : AUTO completion of other missions (non-heroic).

This is insanity when it comes to bonus missions.

Why?

Example:

Mission : Empire: Tatooine.

Main mission: Talk to Darth Silthar after getting compass, decide whether to kill him or not, decide whether to destroy sand-people tapestry in cave.

Bonus mission: 1. Kill some sandpeople

2. kill 40 more sandpeople

3. destroy sandpeople water containers

4. kill boss mob and turn in.

There are not 40 sandpeople in the cave, only about 25 or so. So I always wait to complete bonus after I kill the ones in the cave, which count toward the total. If the mission ends while you are still in the cave, it will be impossible to complete the mission.

HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME? This is an insane change.

Why would it not autocomplete in the cave?

Why would it not autocomplete in the cave?

You completely missed his point.

You can’t complete the bonuses in the cave itself. So if it auto completes the main mission in the cave you lose access to doing the bonus missions. Basically you’ll now have to go all the way to the cave, semi complete (ie leave one or two guys alive) and then leave the cave instance, travel back they way you came to kill all the bonus mobs, then return to the cave to finish the main mission when it auto completes.

There are many missions in the game like this. The auto complete is going to mess a lot of these up if you don’t already know the missions (from playing them many times).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I do not like the idea of daily and weekly missions reset.

Do you guys even PLAY the game?

Many times I play things like GSI or other weeklies for reputation, particularly on the European servers, and it is impossible to play the whole weekly thing in one week,: like for instance the GSI missions. (looking for that damned bird flying around on Alderaan is a pain in the tuchas.

As for grouping, I don't group much on the German or French servers because I only speak a little German and no French. Additionally because of the hours I play there are rarely groups forming the same time as I play.

There is a weekly Voss heroic quest. I often do NOT finish this in a week. I have multi-multi characters across the whole server. I think many fellow subscribers have the same, and if this change goes forward, I think you will lose many of them.

I don't want to play on Your timeframe, I want to play when MY SCHEDULE ALLOWS.

:mad:

Instead of giving us Changes we DON'T WANT, why don't you FIX STUFF that has been broken for 10 years, since 2012 when the game started. Namely: CODEX.

Been saying something similar to BioWare for many months now on the PTS feedback forums. They aren’t listening and don’t care that they are about to lose a bunch of players. I guess they don’t value their jobs like normal people do.

Actually I’m not. The coding isn’t the same as coming up with a system or way to do something that players might or mightn’t like. That’s the creative thinking part, which many players are just as good or in some cases better with ideas than the devs because we actually play the game. We know what we like and what we hate. The coding is then making that idea work. I’m not confusing or comparing either one.

If you want an analogy, think of the designers as architects and the coders as builders. When you are the building a home, you have an architect design aspects of it for you. Then you give them feedback on the ideas on what you like or dislike. If the architect is good at their job they will ask the right questions and listen to the clients ideas of what will make them happy. Then they’ll finalise that plan with the client and talk about the plan with the builders. The builders will tell the architect and client if there are any problems with their ideas. If they all agree, they build the house off the plans.

The difference with this game and BioWare is they don’t talk to the client until they’ve nearly finished building the house. If the client hates something, the best they can do is ask the builders to slap on a different colour of paint in the hope the client is distracted while they sign the cheque. BioWare don’t care what the client (players) want or if we’re satisfied.

Players are going to be pissed off because many of the ideas and systems they are changing are rubbish, not because they didn’t code (build) it properly.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You completely missed his point.

You can’t complete the bonuses in the cave itself. So if it auto completes the main mission in the cave you lose access to doing the bonus missions. Basically you’ll now have to go all the way to the cave, semi complete (ie leave one or two guys alive) and then leave the cave instance, travel back they way you came to kill all the bonus mobs, then return to the cave to finish the main mission when it auto completes.

There are many missions in the game like this. The auto complete is going to mess a lot of these up if you don’t already know the missions (from playing them many times).

Has anyone tested it to see if it would actually auto-complete in this instance? I would think that planetary missions wouldn't auto-complete considering that they typically give you another mission.

Actually I’m not. The coding isn’t the same as coming up with a system or way to do something that players might or mightn’t like. That’s the creative thinking part, which many players are just as good or in some cases better with ideas than the devs because we actually play the game. We know what we like and what we hate. The coding is then making that idea work. I’m not confusing or comparing either one.

If you want an analogy, think of the designers as architects and the coders as builders. When you are the building a home, you have an architect design aspects of it for you. Then you give them feedback on the ideas on what you like or dislike. If the architect is good at their job they will ask the right questions and listen to the clients ideas of what will make them happy. Then they’ll finalise that plan with the client and talk about the plan with the builders. The builders will tell the architect and client if there are any problems with their ideas. If they all agree, they build the house off the plans.

The difference with this game and BioWare is they don’t talk to the client until they’ve nearly finished building the house. If the client hates something, the best they can do is ask the builders to slap on a different colour of paint in the hope the client is distracted while they sign the cheque. BioWare don’t care what the client (players) want or if we’re satisfied.

Players are going to be pissed off because many of the ideas and systems they are changing are rubbish, not because they didn’t code (build) it properly.

That's why I think that them wanting us to test it is a bad sign. If we could just add our weapons to the outfitters and they would appear properly, there wouldn't be anything to test - it would just work. That they want us to test it means that it's probably not going to be that user friendly and they just want to see what they can get away with (for example, which is what I'm afraid of - having to actually change outfits when we change our combat style - not a big deal but adding unnecessary extra clicks all the time can get old).

I mean, it's not a house. It works or it doesn't.

This is why (studying interaction design and UX etc) I really don't understand how BioWare are going about their design approach.

It has elements of different processes such as Genius Design and User Centric Design.

However, GD relies on you deeply understanding the wants and needs of your users - which has been very hit and miss. E.g. weapon outfitter has been wanted for years and is finally coming, shared mob tagging, 2 combat styles on one character etc. Meanwhile, most players are losing the ability to mod their gear and weekly missions are resetting every week whether you completed it or not.

UCD has appeared to some degree, but the final phase has been mostly ignored - rapid iteration based on user feedback.

The team to their credit have focused on the correct problems - too much RNG in gearing, high time to kill in PvP, class imbalance in operations, difficulty balancing - but then seems to only develop a single solution (bearing in mind we've had no access to any other potential solutions that were drafted and scrapped and thus the users, the ones actually playing the game, have no say in what the new systems consist of).

I've talked enough about pruning before so I'll use the example of gearing:

New gearing system - mostly removes RNG but also removes player choice, is very convoluted and splits the playerbase into separate sections.

Players - majoratively negative feedback.

Response - A few tweaks to make it slightly less grindy. No changes at all made to the system as a whole. It is still a convoluted mess that gatekeeps all but a tiny percentage of players while requiring a half dozen new currencies.

It doesn't matter how much feedback is gathered when there is no design iteration. If the users don't like the solution, changing the colour and a few values here and there doesn't change the fact that there are still several different tiers of gear all requiring different currencies that drop from different content and cap out at different rates with different rarities - and most aren't customisable. Sure it makes it a bit more manageable, but I'd rather a healthy back and forth design process that results in a solution players want to participate in, than a solution that players learn to deal with.

This is why I loved "play your way". 6.0 felt like the devs really cared about what each player wanted to do and designed a process that accommodated that and made everyone feel equal. Now in 7.0, the devs are playing favourite to the 1% and saying that you have to play their way to get the best rewards.

I understand that the number of devs actively developing the systems is likely very small, but that's even MORE reason for why users need to be able to provide feedback before a single line of code has been written!

More effort designing and taking feedback will result in a better final product.

There likely is some form of UX team at BioWare otherwise they wouldn't bother with forum managers at all, but I really do think that they are going about it wrong (who knows, maybe they do collect feedback extremely early on from the mysterious and sacred "discord server" I keep hearing about).

I did read the Vulkk interview earlier and the whole thing just boils down to - trust us we know what we're doing - which didn't fill me with much hope, but hey maybe they'll think about some of the great questions that were asked (even though some of the questions I actually wanted answers for got completely ignored).

I really do hope the extra month or so of development time, feedback evaluation and reflection actually did something and surprises me when I log into 7.0. Fingers crossed at least.