Galactic Seasons - S1 Check In

DavidStaats

Hi all,

We wanted to take this opportunity to discuss some of the feedback we have received regarding Galactic Seasons and provide some answers and clarification, insight into our goals and how we addressed some of the issues which have popped up early this Season. This is going to be a large delve, so let’s dive right in!

Season 1 End Date

Our current plan has always been for Season 1 to last 5 months. Given the Season 1 start date of April 27th, that would put the end date for Season 1 in the September time frame, however we acknowledge we never stated the official end point.

It would be cool if when we reach the max Level from season 1 (or 2 etc) we could start from 0 so we can get some more tokens/gifts to our alts

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a couple/three/four toggles so we can opt out of GSF, PVP, and operations?

Or someone who only wants to do PVP can only toggle THAT on.

I second, third, fourth and fifth this! I'm getting a bit fed up of missing out on the weekly PO because it's soemthing that I don't do or enjoy (vet FPs, GSF, PvP, Ops) only to reroll and get something else I don't do or don't enjoy :mad: It's got to the point where I'm considering not bothering with it, waiting just before the season end for the remaining full reward track to unlock then paying for it all with credits.

I'm also hoping that they include more solo-player friendly weeklies like Vet mode chapters and heroic Star Fortresses.

Edited by Sarova

To anyone complaining that the GS system is forcing them to play parts of the game they don't want to play:

The GS is structured so that it can be completed by acquiring 5 GS levels per week (5 levels x 20 weeks = 100 levels). Oh, and: 5 months x 4 weeks per month = 20 weeks.

If you're getting more than 5 GS levels per week, you're doing more than you need to.

If you're getting more than 5 GS levels per week and you're playing parts of the game you don't want to, then chances are YOU'RE the one forcing you to play what you don't want to play.

I don't do flashpoints, operations, warzones or GSF - which means I never do weekly POs. I log in every day and do 1 or 2 dailies that fall within my comfort zone and I'm still getting more than 5 levels per week. The only part of the game I've played doing this that I don't normally do has been Section X, Black Hole, and CZ-198 dailies - which, although unfamiliar, haven't been painful for me. I feel content.

Edited by nerfling
punctuation and math

Galactic Seasons has been fun so far. It has gotten me to do content that I never did before (always focused on the main stories rather than FPs and side missions). I also like the option of unlocking levels with Cartel Coins (as the Shroud Chapter for KOTFE is the only thing I am interested in buying with Cartel Coins, reallocating them to unlock Master Ranos is an option depending on when the companion unlock is available).

My only problem with GS is the time commitment and accessibility of Ops and FP weeklies.

With real life more important (waits for tomatoes being thrown at me), Ops and FPs can be too time consuming and I am finding it hard to allot time.

The major issue with Ops is that the group finder is of no help for those who play solo (or those who are not able to meet with their guildmates). There is no way to complete the Ops weeklies through group finder as solo player.

As for Galactic Fighter and Warzones, I enjoy them (I am terrible with the fighter missions, but still fun). Warzones I started playing for achievements (and companion unlock for KOTFE, which I still have not played). More importantly, both PVP options are much easier to complete via group finder than Ops are.

Regardless, I will probably stop GS once I have enough to unlock Ranos (only companion character I do not have unlocked in collections.

DavidStaats;9946716].

When we looked at Season 1, we considered a few key elements; activity patterns we saw in player week to week Conquest participation, where there was opportunity to increase engagement, ensuring that Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives fell into a certain time-to-complete range, and ensuring that no matter which objective you had it was relevant to what you are able to actually participate in.

By keeping this initial list of Priority Objectives a little more trimmed down and focused, we could ensure that players met all of these key elements. As we move into future Seasons we will be building further upon this foundation.

(1) Thank you for the posts.

(2) I will never do pvp or gsf so in looking at those objectives, no I will not participate in them ever. As I stated before, you stand one chance in a million to get me to participate in those types of activities and since there are really only 2 things that the GS offers that I care about then all I need to do is get the tokens for that and never touch GS again.

(3) You should make a checklist that each player can check off so they don't get the activities they will never do. I seriously doubt that is very hard but it could ruin your idea of pushing people into content they hate.

Edited by casirabit

For me, I dislike Ops, but that is mostly because (1) I am a solo player without a guild, (2) group finder does not help in finding you an Op to join like it does with flashpoints, and (3) the time it takes to finish 1 Op versus a 3 FPs, WZs or GSFs.

Everyone is open to their opinion and I agree that you should not be forced to play PVP missions if you do not want to. There should be a way to select options you want instead of random, but limit how many times per week you can select your preferred tasks.

In general, I think GS has been great. It has encouraged many people to discover and explore parts of game they otherwise wouldn't have. I really hope encouraging this will remain a major aspect behind GS. So many folks have discovered GSF and WZs thanks to GS. Imo this is a great thing for the game itself and obviously for folks making the said discoveries. In scenario where everybody would have freedom to pick any PO their hearts desire, folks wouldn't be as busy making these discoveries.

Hopefully we'll see bit more fun and grandiose themes for seasons to come. Season 2: Clash in Hyperspace would be a nice step up from Season 1: Keepsakes of random trunk dude the bug hater.

Edited by Stradlin

Isn't it possible to modify weekly objectives for operation and flashpoints so that if we do them in hard mode/nightmare for ops and master for fp it completes the objective ?

Because doing them as it is now is a waste of time and not even fun as it is either too simple with decent team or hellish because noobs pick up tag along...

So what level do you need to be at today to able to reach level 100 in time? Assuming do all weekly and daily POs?

You can be at zero today and still reach level 100.

If you do all dailies and weeklies: You will gain 1,202 points which is more than the 800 needed.

Hi all,

We wanted to take this opportunity to discuss some of the feedback we have received regarding Galactic Seasons and provide some answers and clarification, insight into our goals and how we addressed some of the issues which have popped up early this Season. This is going to be a large delve, so let’s dive right in!

Season 1 End Date

Our current plan has always been for Season 1 to last 5 months. Given the Season 1 start date of April 27th, that would put the end date for Season 1 in the September time frame, however we acknowledge we never stated the official end point.

Season 1 will end on Tuesday, September 28 at 12:00PM GMT. This information will be available on the Galactic Season screen in an upcoming update.

Galactic Seasons Tokens

We have seen a lot of questions regarding Galactic Seasons Tokens and if they will or will not expire at the end of a Season.

We do not intend to reset these Tokens at the end of any Season. Galactic Season Tokens are meant to be collected and shared from Season to Season. They are a permanent currency for any and all Galactic Seasons now and in the foreseeable future.

Priority Objectives

We have seen a lot of feedback in regards to the Priority Objectives, both in the types and variety of activities they include, the reroll feature, and the potential for sharing them with your friends to make it easier to tackle them together.

More Variety/Refreshes:

While Galactic Seasons will never have the same level of variety as the Conquest system, it is our intention to add more variety into later Seasons, which we believe should address both the desire for more variety as well as more refreshes.

When we looked at Season 1, we considered a few key elements; activity patterns we saw in player week to week Conquest participation, where there was opportunity to increase engagement, ensuring that Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives fell into a certain time-to-complete range, and ensuring that no matter which objective you had it was relevant to what you are able to actually participate in.

By keeping this initial list of Priority Objectives a little more trimmed down and focused, we could ensure that players met all of these key elements. As we move into future Seasons we will be building further upon this foundation.

Linking or Sharing Priority Objectives:

Similar to refreshes, we are looking into how we can solve the core desire in this request. Priority Objectives are built using the same tech we use for Achievements and Conquest Objectives. Unlike Missions, this tech does not inherently contain capabilities for sharing, so there would be a lot to consider in supporting this type of feature. While we will continue to explore what this could look like, we know that it is important for players to be able to participate in Galactic Season Priority Objectives with friends, and that is an aspect we are and will be more deeply exploring solutions for while building out future Seasons.

Jaleit Nall Rotational Vendor

Our Galactic Seasons vendor, Jaleit Nall, is intended to be a rotating vendor similar to Kai Zykken, however with a longer rotating cadence. We have seen the feedback that players had saved up for a very specific item on her inventory which then became unavailable without notice.

To help make this a more predictable schedule, we will be simplifying and unifying the rotating cadence with Game Update 6.3.1 such that all rotations will occur once every week at 12:00AM GMT. This will line up more appropriately with Kai’s current rotation cadence, and we hope will help make her inventory more predictable.

Group A will remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group A will consist of the following rewards:

• HK-55 Jetpack
  • Lucky 77 Swoop
  • Makrin Creeper Seedling
  • Model Gravestone
  • Nico Okarr
  • Nico Okarr's Duster
  • Nico's Blaster
  • Propaganda: Fight For The Meatbags Replica
  • Tauntaun Ram
  • Title: The Illustrious

Group B will begin a week after Group A, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group B will consist of the following rewards:

• Eternal Empire Patroller
  • Galactic Alliance Statue Replica
  • Gannifari
  • HK-55's Blaster Pistol
  • Kakkran Daggerstar
  • Model Zakuul Battlecruiser
  • Rapid Recon Walker
  • Shae Vizla
  • Title: Test Pilot
  • Title: The Intrepid

Group C will begin a week after Group B, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group C will consist of the following rewards:

• Grand Statue of Revan Replica
  • HK-55 Helmet
  • HK-55's Sniper Rifle
  • JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid
  • Mini-Mogul NM-1
  • Model Mach 2
  • Paxton Rall
  • Title: Scourge of the Hutts
  • Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun

Group D will begin a week after Group C, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group D will consist of the following rewards:

• Chiss Talon Interceptor
  • Dazh Ranos
  • Heliotropic Subteroth
  • HK-55's Vibrosword
  • JA-3 Speeder
  • K1-W4 Astromech Droid
  • Makeb Gazebo Replica
  • RE-1 Scout Droid
  • Title: The Risen

State of Priority Objectives

We understand and acknowledge that there were initial issues with Priority Objectives, and would like to give some insight into why these issues occurred, and what we have done to address them.

Priority Objectives not tracking:

Players had reported that certain Priority Objectives stopped tracking either under certain conditions, such as the Daily PO: Defeat Capital Enemies, or had been tracking and then suddenly stopped. This was complicated because it was not tied to any one specific process.

Instances where players had Priority Objectives which were tracking and then suddenly stopped tracking was a result of an error in the schedule between Galactic Seasons Weekly schedule and the Conquest Schedule. In this instance, the Galactic Seasons schedule switched over to the next week indicating that new Priority Objectives were available prior to the Conquest schedule switching over. Because Priority Objectives are built using the same tech as our Conquest Objectives, if a player happened to log in during this window of time there was a potential to obtain new Priority Objectives as the system intended. However when the Conquest schedule flipped over 12 hours later, the newly acquired Priority Objectives of those players had then become invalid, thus preventing them from further tracking and advancing.

We have brought these two schedules back in line with each other as we intended, and have made additional development and internal testing improvements to prevent this in the future. Further, we are exploring additional ways to further separate the two systems from each other to help prevent this in future Seasons.

In instances where players had Priority Objectives which were tracking and then seemed to not track or update under other conditions was due to the complexities of our Priority Objectives multiple conditional passes. In these cases, a condition check was preventing characters above certain Levels from progressing Priority Objectives which were already provided as a player’s assigned Priority Objectives. We have resolved this condition check and have made notes for future internal development and testing to ensure that this does not occur moving forward.

Refreshing into completed Priority Objectives:

Refreshing into Objectives which were already completed was due to one of the Priority Objective’s final condition checks failing, allowing progress on Objectives which were not visible or assigned to the player. This is the same tech which allows hidden Achievements to progress and to then display themselves when completed, so we needed to ensure that our fix for this was methodical to prevent a more widespread issue. We have identified the fix and rolled it out to all Priority Objectives, and will continue to cross check this while developing and internally testing all Priority Objectives. In addition, we are looking into ways to further prevent this as we move into Season 2.

Only having one Priority Objective:

This was due to a timing issue with a safeguard we had placed in to prevent players from being assigned previously completed Priority Objectives. In this instance the system was assigning Priority Objectives to the player, however the Conquest system was then resetting those same Priority Objectives leaving players in a bad state and potentially with only 1 Weekly Priority Objective if they had already done that Weekly during the week prior.

We corrected this behavior, and in addition created a form of self-repair in the event this occurs again. This checks if a Legacy has the correct number of Priority Objectives, and if not the system will recognize this and assign the Legacy another valid Priority Objective.

We are examining all of the issues we have had with Priority Objectives with Season 1 and applying that knowledge moving forward. We are seeing where there are additional opportunities to separate out some of the systems, and ways to simplify.

We want to thank you for your continued feedback. We are very actively gathering and using it to refine what Season 2 may look and feel like.

I left WoW in large part due to lack of transparency regarding their decisions, their flaws, and how they could improve. Despite my occasional hiatus, I keep returning to SWTOR due specifically to the transparency and responsiveness of the team on this game. Thank you for the insight folks. Maybe some day EA will actually invest significant resources into this game for contemporary content. At least it's in caring hands regardless.

Edited by DeadOptimus

I appreciate that the rationale behind Jaleit Nall is to make subscriber rewards available for those who missed out on them. However, it is disappointing to see how little incentive to participate is offered to subscribers who have supported the game for a long period of time and already earned these rewards.

I appreciate that the rationale behind Jaleit Nall is to make subscriber rewards available for those who missed out on them. However, it is disappointing to see how little incentive to participate is offered to subscribers who have supported the game for a long period of time and already earned these rewards.

You mean other than the: rank 50 comp, four mounts, two armour sets, two full sets of weapons, and 4000 Cartel Coins? The fleet apartments cost 8 GS tokens. There are 15 available in this season. Buy one apartment this season, get one token next season, and buy the other one.

Yes, the items on Jaleit are all reissued sub rewards or in-game achievement rewards, and if none of that is attractive to you, and you are not interested in the apartments, then there is very little of value in the GS tokens. But there are all of the other items that are offered for participating in the season that you will receive. Of course, only you can decide if those have any value to you.

And since GS tokens will not be reset after the season you can save those 15 and get a head start on whatever is offered on the vendor next season. If it interests you.

You mean other than the: rank 50 comp, four mounts, two armour sets, two full sets of weapons, and 4000 Cartel Coins? The fleet apartments cost 8 GS tokens. There are 15 available in this season. Buy one apartment this season, get one token next season, and buy the other one.

except they are talking about the actual vendor itself, everyone who participates in GS, will get all that stuff, but the people who stayed during the droughts, and S***storms have nothing but a s/h to purchase. Is it really too much to ask that people who supported this game constantly actually get to use their tokens on something else? They could have added in an extra mount, that could only be bough from the vendor, or pets, or decos. They'd still be there for everyone else, but as well as that, people who've already supported the game, will have a choice to get other stuff, especially if you aren't interested in the stronghold.

except they are talking about the actual vendor itself, everyone who participates in GS, will get all that stuff, but the people who stayed during the droughts, and S***storms have nothing but a s/h to purchase. Is it really too much to ask that people who supported this game constantly actually get to use their tokens on something else? They could have added in an extra mount, that could only be bough from the vendor, or pets, or decos. They'd still be there for everyone else, but as well as that, people who've already supported the game, will have a choice to get other stuff, especially if you aren't interested in the stronghold.

Who said "WE" wanted the new SH ? Not being rude ... just asking!

Who said "WE" wanted the new SH ? Not being rude ... just asking!

Lots of people wanted the stronghold, but not everyone, there has already been a number of people who complained about the new stronghold, and outright said it wasn't wanted.

So I don't really get your point?

The other poster just pointed out that they were disappointed with the situation, nothing too bad, just disappointed, that long term, people who supported the game all the way through, so much so, that they had everything the vendor had, except the s/h, had nothing else to buy. As they have it all , already, by being a long term contributor. The poster I replied attack them for that.

I'm just pointing out that that first poster is not wrong in what they say, and it's even worse if that person doesn't wnat the stronghold, as it means there is nothing else different for them, after all the support they have given the game over the years.

Is that really so wrong to say? Not asking for an exclusive items, or something that can be lorded over anyone, but extra items that everyone can go for, so at least people like that will have a choice of something new.

Lots of people wanted the stronghold, but not everyone, there has already been a number of people who complained about the new stronghold, and outright said it wasn't wanted.

So I don't really get your point?

The other poster just pointed out that they were disappointed with the situation, nothing too bad, just disappointed, that long term, people who supported the game all the way through, so much so, that they had everything the vendor had, except the s/h, had nothing else to buy. As they have it all , already, by being a long term contributor. The poster I replied attack them for that.

I'm just pointing out that that first poster is not wrong in what they say, and it's even worse if that person doesn't wnat the stronghold, as it means there is nothing else different for them, after all the support they have given the game over the years.

Is that really so wrong to say? Not asking for an exclusive items, or something that can be lorded over anyone, but extra items that everyone can go for, so at least people like that will have a choice of something new.

[/chuckles lightly]

I dropped you a PM. Not every response needed works for everyone! I will say this publicly ... I DO GET where you are coming from!

Heck ... for me !! I'd settle for a good bass boat and a lake (in game) to use it on!! (Especially if there were a couple of repeatable moments with a favorite companion ! ) ;)

But then again ... That might be TOO MUCH fun to have in game !!

:D

The reality for GS IMO is that it is a good way for a lot of folks to get caught up a lot of "stuff". And I'm OK with that too!

I like the new SH on the Imperial side I just wish you could access the area with the band and bar that would have been a very cool edition to it but they always seem to leave out the great little detail as for the rewards 100% garbage getting to 100 was easy with being smart by using other servers to earn the CC and so on and using the monthly allowance of 500cc on the main server only.

We want real rewards not recycled garbage that most of the loyal players already have the only thing was the companion and Stronghold and those horrid looking outfits but the outfit you get for the companion before you complete it to 100 is nice but can't be used on the outfit designer so another let down.

Bioware have always lacked in content for this game and it's done again with side tracked rehashed stuff to make you think it's all new but it's not come on bioware do your part it's a sub based game.