Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN

STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.

http://codenamethebrotherhood.enjin.com/gallery/m/1974824/detail/31961#pid=313047

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many abilities in 1 minute a Scoun / Oper need to press during a WZ? 8 maybe 10?

As a Guardian I have to press between 15-20 different abilities, some of them as focus builder more than once.

This game is focused in ranged classes and will only change when 80% or more of the player base becomes ranged, then a big nerf / revamp will happen and everyone will shift... and the cycle will repeat over and over.

Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.

I play a IA op Concealment spec, and yes if i can open on you good luck getting out if your trink is on CD.

Have you tried to play a stealth class in WZ's?

The amount of AOE makes it so its a small miracle to get to a target still undetected.

We are one of the squishy-ist classes and have one (1) instant move to prevent damage.

Melee Ops are a stealth/burst class, tune down our damage and we are ****** Assassins with a few range moves and a flash bang.

My knock down opener gives you a full resolve bar..... meaning I cant CC you for a good 20 secs after i open. Belive it or not, we pay a big price for that opener, and if I can't kill you fast, i am f'd....

Hit Centurion at least before you complain about this type of stuff people. No more "nerf "X" cuz im bad at the game" posts (wishful thinking i know).

PS, if your getting blown up by an OP in 3 secs you need better gear......

To those who are getting owned by Ops:

hit 50 and get gear! <------------- THIS

I am battlemaster Operative with 4 pieces of BM gear and full Champ and I will destroy all sub 50's.

A geared 50... I cannot. I cannot burn through 21k HP a tank has or healer's bubble and heal potential. A smart and geared Marauder will always beat me in damage if they spec correctly. People saying 600k damage in 1 WZ are lying to try to get the class nerfed.

TIP: GET 50 AND GET GEARED BEFORE GOING ON THE FORUMS AND CRYING.

First game I encountered a level 50 scoundrel: Stunned, tap tap tap, almost dead but walked away.

Second time I encountered a scoundrel: Stunned, determination, jet boost, tracer missile, unload, tracer missile, Heatseeker. Scoundrel dead.

Next?

Both times was in a 1v1 situation where I believed no enemies were upon me and suddenly the scoundrel would unstealth.

if they'e the gods of pvp, how come you rarely see either class in any BGs?

Because the game just came out, and people hardly have time to flock to FOTM's. Right now Gunslinger/Sniper is more popular just because of the concept.

Yeah 7k dmg.. probably 11k total in 2 gcd's... The thing is, i dont know what its called for smugglers, but for Op's, hidden strike needs to be nerfed. Its knockdown stun needs to be split up from the damaging ambush. I mean cheap shot and ambush in one ability is utterly retarded. Make that happen and it will better balance this class to every other one.

I think the damage is fine. Burst is the name of the game for Operatives. I think the problem is that the attack that can hit for over 5k damage also comes with a 3 seconds knockdown. Either separate the knockdown from the attack, or shorten the knockdown to 2 seconds like most other knockdowns.

THEY NEED A NERF NOW

want proof look at this pic...scoundrel has a biggest hit of 7779....he took me several times down in the 3 sec stealth stun dealing 9k dmg in the 1st 2 hits every time

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp348/Ra1dMaX/Screenshot_2012-01-04_16_56_21_424355.jpg

wow just wow. Almost 8 k damage in a hit.

looks to me like some people have a problem focusing targets.

hopefully your team has enough of a brain to immediately focus down a scoundrel or operative after you die so quickly. but alas, everyone has tunnel vision

THEY NEED A NERF NOW

want proof look at this pic...scoundrel has a biggest hit of 7779....he took me several times down in the 3 sec stealth stun dealing 9k dmg in the 1st 2 hits every time

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp348/Ra1dMaX/Screenshot_2012-01-04_16_56_21_424355.jpg

your server must not be very good at dps, cause our guilds scoundral does around 360k damage in Warzones with me following in about 50k behind him but always first and second.. OH yeah we know how to play our class

Dps Slinger reporting in, Bursting kids one at a time.

Edited by Revnan

I play a IA op Concealment spec, and yes if i can open on you good luck getting out if your trink is on CD.

Have you tried to play a stealth class in WZ's?

The amount of AOE makes it so its a small miracle to get to a target still undetected.

We are one of the squishy-ist classes and have one (1) instant move to prevent damage.

Melee Ops are a stealth/burst class, tune down our damage and we are ****** Assassins with a few range moves and a flash bang.

My knock down opener gives you a full resolve bar..... meaning I cant CC you for a good 20 secs after i open. Belive it or not, we pay a big price for that opener, and if I can't kill you fast, i am f'd....

Hit Centurion at least before you complain about this type of stuff people. No more "nerf "X" cuz im bad at the game" posts (wishful thinking i know).

PS, if your getting blown up by an OP in 3 secs you need better gear......

Nearly everything is false in this post.

Eh.. eh, I rolled one and like the play style and damage of the class, pvp is fun regardless of what spec I seem to use though I haven't reached end game.

I have however sat in stun lock (from the same op) while he killed a level 50 jedi guardian in front of me in time to kill me directly after.

As for not being able to react. I'd love to if response time would actually allow, I was mashing shift 2 for my 'trinket' and it never came through for me. Granted its not the first time and wont be the last.

the one part of that post that no one seems to understand is that hidden strike talented knockdown gives you full resolve

figure out the mechanics of that, and you win the game

Obviously there is a problem with either resolve and/or Smugs. Cause people get chain CCed with full overcharged resolve bars, that is..If they survive the first stun. Which you need to be a 50 decked out tank to survive. And then still all he has to do is blow on you.

On another note, and this is anecdotal, but how come the jerkiest players seem to be Smugglers?

Edited by GavNash