Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

I think this new conquest update is garbage. The only exception is guild point exploits by kicking members. Having said that. Here it comes, why in the world did you destroy the character screen, with the amplifiers always being up. Game Desingers fell asleep on the wheel and forgot that we the players pay their checks. This will cost you in real population numbers, everyone hates it. Don't fix stuff that is not broken. I almost wonder if you guys play the game because you would know it was a bone head move to make that change...

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know of some updates we are making to Conquest as it pertains to Guilds and Guild Contributions. This update will specifically touch two main aspects of Guild Conquests - when a new character joins a Guild, and when any characters are removed from a Guild - and how Conquest Points will be handled.

New Character Grace Period

When a new character has accepted an invite into a Guild, that character will begin a Grace Period with the Guild. During this time, that new character can still earn their own Personal Conquest goals and rewards, but their Conquest efforts will not be calculated into the Guild’s Conquest efforts until the next Conquest event. As such, new characters will not immediately appear in a Guild’s Conquest Leaderboards, and will not be eligible for the Guild’s Invasion Reward.

When new characters view the Guild Invasion screen, they will see a message indicating that they are currently unable to contribute towards their new Guild’s Conquest score, and must wait until the next Conquest event. Similarly, when viewing the Guild Roster page new characters who are unable to contribute will be indicated as such, allowing Guild Leadership to get a better picture of who cannot actively contribute.

It is important to note that this Grace Period is per character, and not account. If a player already has a character in a Guild, and is bringing an alternate character into the Guild, the Grace Period only applies to that alternate character, and not all characters from that Legacy. Equally as important to note is that this Grace Period will also apply to all new Guilds being formed.

Joining a Guild is an important aspect of our game, and we want to ensure that both the Guild and new members are given time to assess each other properly, without the pressures of reward systems potentially interfering in that period.

Character and Guild Separation

When a player is removed from a Guild by the Guild, their Conquest contributions will now be removed from that Guild as well. In the event the character leaves a Guild on their own accord, the points they contributed to a Guild’s Conquest will remain with the Guild for that Conquest.

When removing characters, Guild Leadership will now be provided with a notification informing them that removing the member will result in a loss of that member’s Conquest contributions. Again, it is important to note that this is per character, and not account.

Guild Commendation Reward

As a result of the changes mentioned above, the time frame in which a Guild will earn their Guild Commendation Invasion Reward is being changed. Guild Perk Rewards will now be tallied at the end of a Conquest event rather than during it, and as such the Commendation Reward from Invasions will be given when the subsequent Conquest begins.

We want to ensure that character and Guild separation is done in a healthy and amicable way.

As always, thank you to everyone who has sent in feedback regarding how the current system was being used. We feel these changes will allow players and Guilds to build healthier relationships when experiencing this aspect of SWTOR, and are aiming to have these changes in an update in the near future.

EDIT: Added Guild Commendation Reward section.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve 60 Alts and heroics aren’t enough. I don’t do operations as I find them boring.

You still don’t get it do you. Not everyone plays the game the way you do. Your attitude towards other play styles is selfish IMO. You don’t care about other people if they don’t play the way you think they should or they don’t fit your mould of what CQ should be.

I don’t come here and tell you how to play because I know there are many ways to play this game and if you enjoy playing a certain way then that’s cool as long as you have fun. But you only want to dictate what I should consider fun to do.

You do come here and tell me how to play. You expect me to become a click farmer so my guild is relevant in CQ, otherwise i'm "Lazy". So I get to ask you the same thing. Instead of playing 60 alts, which apparently is something normal a lot of players do, maybe go for other avenues of getting credits.

You do come here and tell me how to play. You expect me to become a click farmer so my guild is relevant in CQ, otherwise i'm "Lazy". So I get to ask you the same thing. Instead of playing 60 alts, which apparently is something normal a lot of players do, maybe go for other avenues of getting credits.

I absolutely despise crafting in this (or most) games. Trixxie really isn't telling you that you have to craft, they just want the option to be able to do so.

Just because I think something is mind numbingly tedious doesn't mean I feel someone else shouldn't be able to benefit from it.

Crafting as it stands is a massive time and credit sink. More power to those who find it in themselves to enjoy it.

I absolutely despise crafting in this (or most) games. Trixxie really isn't telling you that you have to craft, they just want the option to be able to do so.

Just because I think something is mind numbingly tedious doesn't mean I feel someone else shouldn't be able to benefit from it.

Crafting as it stands is a massive time and credit sink. More power to those who find it in themselves to enjoy it.

The option is still there. Crafting is profitable, crafting gives CQ points. Just not enough to sustain 60 character's worth of CQ weeklies and to win in CQ.

How have I told you that you need to click crafting to play CQ? Stop trying to twist the situation and manipulate the conversation.

I also don’t play 60 Alts to get credits, I’ve got more credits than I know what to do with and can flat out tell you I didn’t get them from CQ. I got my wealth in game from crafting and selling stuff on the GTN. Along the way I got into doing that to get my conquest done at the same time as doing something I enjoy.

Your attitude towards people who craft shows youre not interested in crafting or our enjoyment in the game. As far as you’re concerned if we don’t do group operation activities we shouldn’t be involved in CQ. It’s a selfish attitude you are portraying towards other people who also pay a subscription the same as you.

I actually enjoy crafting and will keep doing it regardless. But I am annoyed that I now have to go and do other activities I hate like GSF so I can get my Alts through when I run out of other activities I enjoy doing because crafting has been nerfed into the ground. It means I can’t spend as long crafting as I want to because otherwise I don’t have time to get my other Alts through CQ.

In a way it’s the reverse of what you are saying regarding clicking. You don’t want to feel like you should have to click to get CQ done AND I don’t want to feel like I have to play GSF or other content I don’t like. It was better when we all had a choice of what we could do. Now crafters are being pigeonholed into doing things they don’t like. What’s next? Are you going to start a campaign to get GSF nerfed because it’s repeatable too.

Next time you buy something that’s crafted on the GTN, consider that someone made that for you. If we didn’t enjoy doing it or we are too busy spamming GSF, you wouldn’t have been able to buy it.

I’ve already seen a huge spike in dye prices and I don’t expect they will go down much and in the coming months you will probably see many other crafted items increase significantly in price due to lack of supply. Which is fine by me because I’ll be taking advantage of it by jacking up all my prices when there is no supply but mine.

The option is still there. Crafting is profitable, crafting gives CQ points. Just not enough to sustain 60 character's worth of CQ weeklies and to win in CQ.

No one only uses crafting to get through 60 characters. If you understood how crafting worked or how many mats you would need to do that, you would understand how unrealistic the whole notion that guilds were doing this every week to beat you,

I used crafting as a bonus to help push some of my Alts over the line. Not all of them because I don’t have 60 crafters. I’ve got 24 and the rest are gatherers. But you can’t even get repeatable gathering anymore.

This idea you have that people like me only craft to beat you is ludicrous. We craft because we enjoy it. You will never understand because you are only looking at this as people out to cheat you out of something you think you deserve more than them. You were never losing because of people crafting and you still aren’t winning since crafting was nerfed. So that should be enough for you to realise how wrong you’ve been about players like me.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

How have I told you that you need to click crafting to play CQ? Stop trying to twist the situation and manipulate the conversation.

I also don’t play 60 Alts to get credits, I’ve got more credits than I know what to do with and can flat out tell you I didn’t get them from CQ. I got my wealth in game from crafting and selling stuff on the GTN. Along the way I got into doing that to get my conquest done at the same time as doing something I enjoy.

Your attitude towards people who craft shows youre not interested in crafting or our enjoyment in the game. As far as you’re concerned if we don’t do group operation activities we shouldn’t be involved in CQ. It’s a selfish attitude you are portraying towards other people who also pay a subscription the same as you.

I actually enjoy crafting and will keep doing it regardless. But I am annoyed that I now have to go and do other activities I hate like GSF so I can get my Alts through when I run out of other activities I enjoy doing because crafting has been nerfed into the ground. It means I can’t spend as long crafting as I want to because otherwise I don’t have time to get my other Alts through CQ.

I'm trying to have civil discourse here, actively trying to help you find alternatives, and you say I'm going "Operations or bust" or something? And I'm the one twisting things?

I tried, believe me. I used to be a very active crafter, crafting enough to build 400 war supplies every week. But I just couldn't after a few months, and I absolutely appreciate what Bioware has done to alleviate the situation. It's unfortunate that it negatively affected the way you play the game, but if you have to go down from 60 alts a week to 50 or 40 is that really the end of the world?

In a way it’s the reverse of what you are saying regarding clicking. You don’t want to feel like you should have to click to get CQ done AND I don’t want to feel like I have to play GSF or other content I don’t like. It was better when we all had a choice of what we could do. Now crafters are being pigeonholed into doing things they don’t like. What’s next? Are you going to start a campaign to get GSF nerfed because it’s repeatable too.

It's a difficult situation isn't it? But keep in mind that you can do a whole lot outside of GSF/Operations and Crafting.

Next time you buy something that’s crafted on the GTN, consider that someone made that for you. If we didn’t enjoy doing it or we are too busy spamming GSF, you wouldn’t have been able to buy it.

I’ve already seen a huge spike in dye prices and I don’t expect they will go down much and in the coming months you will probably see many other crafted items increase significantly in price due to lack of supply. Which is fine by me because I’ll be taking advantage of it by jacking up all my prices when there is no supply but mine.

We're not talking about crafting that stuff are we though? I craft augments myself, but it's not even remotely close to the level of clicking I went through when I was CQ crafting.

I tried, believe me. I used to be a very active crafter, crafting enough to build 400 war supplies every week. But I just couldn't after a few months, and I absolutely appreciate what Bioware has done to alleviate the situation. It's unfortunate that it negatively affected the way you play the game, but if you have to go down from 60 alts a week to 50 or 40 is that really the end of the world?

It's a difficult situation isn't it? But keep in mind that you can do a whole lot outside of GSF/Operations and Crafting.

We're not talking about crafting that stuff are we though? I craft augments myself, but it's not even remotely close to the level of clicking I went through when I was CQ crafting.

LoL, 400 invasion forces a week is insane. Why would you or anyone in their right mind do that? You cannot sell that many and you can’t use that many. And even if you crafted 400 dark projects to go along with them it would cost you 104,000,000 credits just for the Iokath mat. Let alone how long it would take.

If that’s what you think I’m talking about when I say the Nerf is affecting us, then you are completely off the mark. I would go insane too if I sat there trying to make all the combined mats across multiple crafting professions to make 400 invasion forces.

Be honest now, please tell me you really weren’t trying to do this every week just so you could win CQ? No wonder you hate crafting so much if you were.

Yes, I did and do make invasion forces and dark projects for CQ, but they were never the main thing because only one invasion force or dark project was counted per day (unless it was the crafting week that happened 2-3 times a year). most of my crafting was making the bonded mats required to make war supplies and dyes, armoring, hilts, Armor, barrels, augments, deco supply currency (sorry cant remember the name at the moment) and a bunch of other stuff that I sell on the GTN. 95% of my crafting it to support my GTN trading which I really enjoy doing. It’s not even about being rich in the game anymore, it’s the trading like a stock market that I enjoy.

I never crafted stims or grenades for conquest or to sell? When I make those it’s for me to use when I do flash points, uprisings or pvp (not so much pvp anymore). And yes, I play those activities as well as crafting and doing heroics and lvl up Alts.

Honestly, if I wanted to really smash out some big conquest points for my guild each week, I would just reroll characters over and over and lvl Alts through story/planets and GSF while using XP stims until I got to lvl 40 and then I’d delete them to start again. It’s much faster than crafting was and easier. You don’t have to worry about collecting mats and it doesn’t cost credits.

My wife just got 2 million today on a new sniper she had sitting in the guild and wanted to lvl. She only did class story and hit 2 million points playing that over 2 days. She didn’t do any heroics or side quests. All she wanted to do was get her sniper lvled up because she didn’t have one at lvl 75. I could not get 2 million points crafting (in a normal week) on only one Alt before the changes. I would have run out of mats before even hitting 250,000.

What you need to consider is people who play lots of Alts will run out of activities that can be spread between them. It can take a bit if organisation to make sure you don’t wast points or got too far over 50,000 points or you may not be able to get other Alts through. This week I’m struggling to get all 60 through. I finally got all my imperial lvl 75s done tonight and I’ve got 6 republic ones to do tomorrow, but I’ve already done all the crafting I can do for this next days window. I’ve done the space missions, I’ve done the uprisings, I’ve done most of all the fast or easy things. So tomorrow when I wake up, it will be a real grind to get those 6 republic 75s through. And that’s not even including the 20 lowbie Alts I’ve not started yet because I’ve had to spend extra time grinding GSF or other things I don’t much like doing just to push a few extra thousand points through so my guys hit 50,000 and not stall at 46-49,000.

What Bioware need to do for people with lots of Alts is make every CQ activity character bound and not have any legacy bound. That way we can choose which activities we want to do and not have to worry about using up ones we might need on another Alt. The restrictions around this is why repeatable crafting was needed to push those last few thousand points on some characters because we would have run out of things to do.

What Bioware need to do for people with lots of Alts is make every CQ activity character bound and not have any legacy bound. That way we can choose which activities we want to do and not have to worry about using up ones we might need on another Alt. The restrictions around this is why repeatable crafting was needed to push those last few thousand points on some characters because we would have run out of things to do.

Agreed conpletely.

Legacy locks on rewards are there precisely to prevent farming one single activity. The game should encourage players to experience a variety of content in order to keep engagement up as much as possible.

There are infinitely repeatble activities you can farm, but the biggest rewards should go to those who play the game to its fullest.

Legacy locks on rewards are there precisely to prevent farming one single activity.

except, you can FARM infinite GSF, PVP, and probably others, depending on the week.

The game should encourage players to experience a variety of content in order to keep engagement up as much as possible.

the game does encourage others to try other parts, but what YOU want is a forced march to your tune, that's a different story.

There are infinitely repeatble activities you can farm,

Didn't you just say the game locked them...are you getting confused? You mean it's ok for infinite repeatable on the content you approve, but not on others?

but the biggest rewards should go to those who play the game to its fullest.

How dare you tell others how to play the game to it's fullest, you have no right to dictate what is the fullest, the fullest is what people enjoy...otherwise we'll just have a dictatorship that says on one style is appropriate, and al others should be removed. Well all pay our damn money, and should be able to play it to the fullest of what WE want.

Edited by DarkTergon

^^This.

Eli, if you crafted 400 invasion forces for conquest, you clearly don't know how to craft for conquest, and from that point of view I can see why you don't get what we are trying to explain. Right now you are really starting to sound like a broken record: you are stuck on claiming things based on your beliefs of crafting and not even trying to understand what everyone here is saying.

I thank you for keeping the conversation civil, unlike the thugs we had here a few weeks back, but please, try to see things from the other point of view as well. Even if you disagree. People like different type of content, and all content should be viable for conquest. Do you agree on that at least?

except, you can FARM infinite GSF, PVP, and probably others, depending on the week.

The legacy locks are on the best rewards for those activities, encouraging players to play other content afterwards.

Eli, if you crafted 400 invasion forces for conquest, you clearly don't know how to craft for conquest, and from that point of view I can see why you don't get what we are trying to explain.

I never said I crafted 400 invasion forces a week. I said I crafted enough for 400 war supplies.

Didn't you just say the game locked them...are you getting confused? You mean it's ok for infinite repeatable on the content you approve, but not on others?

Infinite repeatable on crafting is bad for three reasons:

1. Bots

2. You can stockpile materials to beat out any other content run by most other guilds, it's not just a farming thing

3. It's really bad for my wrist

How dare you tell others how to play the game to it's fullest, you have no right to dictate what is the fullest, the fullest is what people enjoy...otherwise we'll just have a dictatorship that says on one style is appropriate, and al others should be removed. Well all pay our damn money, and should be able to play it to the fullest of what WE want.

the game does encourage others to try other parts, but what YOU want is a forced march to your tune, that's a different story.

And we’re back to you deciding how we should play the game.

You can play the game however you want, there are rewards for it. I'm not telling anyone how to play, just that the game should IMO give the maximum rewards to people who play a variety and the most challenging parts of the game instead of focusing on one single activity like clicking Craft or doing heroics all day. This isn't because I hate what you do, but rather understanding that in order to keep players engrossed in a video game you want to entice them to keep their content intake fresh and interesting.

Edited by Eli_Porter

The legacy locks are on the best rewards for those activities, encouraging players to play other content afterwards.

That's irrelevant, you still have huge points from one gsf match if you win, and a guild can abuse the gsf system, by putting teams together, it doesn't matter if they win, they just keep queuing and queuing , and if they do it on off peak hours, they are mostly guaranteed to be just up against each other. They nerfed one infinite they should nerf them all, because ALL infinite can potentially be abused

1. Bots

2. You can stockpile materials to beat out any other content run by most other guilds, it's not just a farming thing

3. It's really bad for my wrist

1. We've no PROOF bots actually exist, it's all been conjecture, conspiracy theories, and 'she said, he said ' stories.

Even if there were bots, bots, can also be used in other aspects, bots can be used in rampages, pvp, I even heard people complaining about bots in GSF the other day, so should all off these activities be nerfed? According to YOUR logic, lets get the nerf hammer, and hammer the **** out of them.

2 No, you can't JUST stockpile, it takes tons, and tons of mats, no one in their right mind would use crafting only to do CQ. You keep saving you've crafted, but that's obviously a fallacy, as you've no idea how much work it takes to get the mats for a few, never mind the hundreds you'd need.

3. This is the issues here, you don't like it, or want to do it, so you want it nerfed, it's not about cheating, it's because it's not something you do. We've had people like you before, that wanted their activity boosted while nerfing other content. And this is exactly what you are doing.

4. You are obviously never going to change your mind, and are just dragging this argument on, for **** & giggles, so I'm no longer going to reply to your posts. The main reason crafting was nerfed wasn't bots, wasn't cheating. As these could have been handled by just removing the 5 for 1. It was because of people like you, who can't/won't do the activity, whispering in the ears of a certain dev, who's rarely here and always in the discord. It was the link with a certain aspect of the community, which has damaged another aspect. They could have done the changes better, could have been fairer, but this dev wasn't part of the crafting community, so he didn't care, and demolished crafting for the legitimate players.

You can play the game however you want, there are rewards for it. I'm not telling anyone how to play, just that the game should IMO give the maximum rewards to people who play a variety and the most challenging parts of the game instead of focusing on one single activity like clicking Craft or doing heroics all day. This isn't because I hate what you do, but rather understanding that in order to keep players engrossed in a video game you want to entice them to keep their content intake fresh and interesting.

That's exactly what you are doing, you are telling crafters to go do ops, or heroics, etc. Just read your own darn posts. Crafters play a variety of content, we should be allowed to play the content we want, and get the rewards we deserve, the same as you. BUT YOU don't want that, that much is obvious from everything you wrote.

Again, this shows your lack of understanding, crafters do play other content, they do it WHILE crafting, they use crafting as a boost to the CQ, especially for smaller guilds

For any MODS, Community Managers, etc, reading his tripe, please take note that many crafters have unsubbed. Others have stopped playing as much. In fact when I did CQ, and crafted, I also ran OPS, did GSF, ran heroics, got the rampages, weeklies, and of course, played the stories (in fact every content I could, except PvP). This week, I haven't bothered with CQ, so all I've basically done was play the class stories, so in fact the nerfs have actually done the opposite of what you are saying, I'm not playing less content, and others are playing none at all.

Sorry to all you decent people out there for the long post. There no more point in saying anything else about this, I don't have the devs ear, and they probably don't gives a donkeys nut about what I say. I'm going back to my class stories, and enjoying the benefits of a sub while I can. At least without worrying about CQ, and only doing the class stories, I don't need to waste money on a sub .every cloud has a silver lining

Edited by DarkTergon

That's irrelevant, you still have huge points from one gsf match if you win, and a guild can abuse the gsf system, by putting teams together, it doesn't matter if they win, they just keep queuing and queuing , and if they do it on off peak hours, they are mostly guaranteed to be just up against each other. They nerfed one infinite they should nerf them all, because ALL infinite can potentially be abused

Trixxie asked for legacy locks to be gone, if they were then GSF would be giving WAY more points as people could do the weekly several times a day for CQ.

1. We've no PROOF bots actually exist, it's all been conjecture, conspiracy theories, and 'she said, he said ' stories.

Even if there were bots, bots, can also be used in other aspects, bots can be used in rampages, pvp, I even heard people complaining about bots in GSF the other day, so should all off these activities be nerfed? According to YOUR logic, lets get the nerf hammer, and hammer the **** out of them.

Except Bioware decided that these actions are easily automated, I don't need to prove to you how easy it is to automate clicking a few points of the screen over and over, the proof is in the pudding. If you think GSF can be automated like Crafting could then be aware that players do get reported and kicked for inactivity or throwing. And from my experience playing a lot of GSF (I almost have all the achievements on it), people rarely go completely robot mode as you imply.

2 No, you can't JUST stockpile, it takes tons, and tons of mats, no one in their right mind would use crafting only to do CQ. You keep saving you've crafted, but that's obviously a fallacy, as you've no idea how much work it takes to get the mats for a few, never mind the hundreds you'd need.

So are you denying the existence of crafting guilds now?

3. This is the issues here, you don't like it, or want to do it, so you want it nerfed, it's not about cheating, it's because it's not something you do. We've had people like you before, that wanted their activity boosted while nerfing other content. And this is exactly what you are doing.

Alongside the reasons I stated above (botting and CQ stockpiling), it literally physically pains me to do it and I'd rather the game not encourage players into CTS.

4. You are obviously never going to change your mind, and are just dragging this argument on, for **** & giggles, so I'm no longer going to reply to your posts. The main reason crafting was nerfed wasn't bots, wasn't cheating. As these could have been handled by just removing the 5 for 1. It was because of people like you, who can't/won't do the activity, whispering in the ears of a certain dev, who's rarely here and always in the discord. It was the link with a certain aspect of the community, which has damaged another aspect. They could have done the changes better, could have been fairer, but this dev wasn't part of the crafting community, so he didn't care, and demolished crafting for the legitimate players.

Despite being repeatedly berated, I'm giving you three the my time of the day to help you understand the POV from a guy that actually has crafted on a large scale and actually does lead CQ for a large guild by giving players events across multiple areas of the game. If you feel like your favorite area of the game isn't being rewarded enough, then feel free to open up a thread about it.

That's exactly what you are doing, you are telling crafters to go do ops, or heroics, etc. Just read your own darn posts. Crafters play a variety of content, we should be allowed to play the content we want, and get the rewards we deserve, the same as you. BUT YOU don't want that, that much is obvious from everything you wrote.

Again, this shows your lack of understanding, crafters do play other content, they do it WHILE crafting, they use crafting as a boost to the CQ, especially for smaller guilds

You can still craft for CQ and credits, I still do. You just can't do it infinitely, or stockpile materials for months on end and then brutally beat a much larger guild that runs a lot of events on a week where more planets open up.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Pointless trying to discuss this with you. You won’t even try and look at it from our point of view and everything we say you rip into like it doesn’t matter. At this point I don’t know if you are trolling or you want to drown out our voices so Bioware doesn’t read what we are suggesting.

You are welcome to your opinion, but so are we. It’s funny how yours seems to be the only one matters in this discussion. Especially when you start being condescending in your opinion like we don’t matter because we don’t play the game the same way as you do.

So I’m sadly going to have stop this discussion as it’s like talking to a brick wall. It will be easier to just use ignore and I will petition Bioware in another thread to make changes to improve crafting in Conquest and also get rid of the legacy locks on CQ activities.

I will also be suggesting they reduce all current activity points that go above 50,000 for conquest because you won’t need them once the legacy unlocks go.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The biggest issue with the changes is the unintended consequences (although they were intended consequences for some who pushed for the changes). Stockpiling mats is no different that stockpiling completed conquest objectives and then turning them in the instant conquest resets (which is how all those big guilds generate so many points in so short a time at reset), but that is a completely different issue that Bioware needs to address to bring balance to Conquest.

While the changes make it impossible for a "crafting" guild to be even slightly competitive in conquest now, the bigger impact is on guilds trying to unlock their flagships and gain guild levels to access the perks. The most common use of crafting for conquest points was to push a few characters past their personal goals at the very end of conquest when there isn't time to do lots of "other" activities. This means a reduction in encryptions for those smaller guilds and a reduction in the guild experience points they gain. When you need 250 encryptions just to unlock one room (and they are going for more than a million creds each now), eliminating crafting from CQ effectively shuts those guilds out from advancing their guilds at a reasonable rate. If you had ten players able to progress one additional character per week, that cuts a lot off the time it takes to unlock a room and has a very insignificant impact on the total points generated.

There haven't been true crafting guilds for quite a while now (pretty much since the cost of making war supplies skyrocketed). It just isn't time efficient to gather for months just to have a slim chance to be competitive 1 or 2 weeks a year.

There was a lot of agreement on nerfing the multi-item crafting for crafting inventor from all sides, but the people wanting to eliminate crafting altogether (most likely because they did not want to put in the effort it would take to generate a significant number of points via crafting in conquest) did not want any crafting to contribute at all since that would mean they would have to allocate some of their resources to "play all aspects of the game" instead of just focusing the assets on one or two aspects.

As has been said many times in this thread and the others, the only change needed was the multi-item issue. Making that one per craft (even with the additional bump for a crit - which is also gone now) would have all but eliminated any supposed botting and driven that objective into obscurity. You literally would have increased the costs 6 fold. In order for botting or exploiting to be common, the task not only needs to be automate-able, it also needs to be "cheap". I think if you did an analysis of how much time/creds it takes per CQ point of crafting and compared it to CQ points for running flashpoints, you would find that much less "effort" goes into each flashpoint CQ point than each crafting CQ point. The other changes were just a finger in the eye to small guilds.

The biggest issue with the changes is the unintended consequences (although they were intended consequences for some who pushed for the changes). Stockpiling mats is no different that stockpiling completed conquest objectives and then turning them in the instant conquest resets (which is how all those big guilds generate so many points in so short a time at reset), but that is a completely different issue that Bioware needs to address to bring balance to Conquest.

While the changes make it impossible for a "crafting" guild to be even slightly competitive in conquest now, the bigger impact is on guilds trying to unlock their flagships and gain guild levels to access the perks. The most common use of crafting for conquest points was to push a few characters past their personal goals at the very end of conquest when there isn't time to do lots of "other" activities. This means a reduction in encryptions for those smaller guilds and a reduction in the guild experience points they gain. When you need 250 encryptions just to unlock one room (and they are going for more than a million creds each now), eliminating crafting from CQ effectively shuts those guilds out from advancing their guilds at a reasonable rate. If you had ten players able to progress one additional character per week, that cuts a lot off the time it takes to unlock a room and has a very insignificant impact on the total points generated.

There haven't been true crafting guilds for quite a while now (pretty much since the cost of making war supplies skyrocketed). It just isn't time efficient to gather for months just to have a slim chance to be competitive 1 or 2 weeks a year.

There was a lot of agreement on nerfing the multi-item crafting for crafting inventor from all sides, but the people wanting to eliminate crafting altogether (most likely because they did not want to put in the effort it would take to generate a significant number of points via crafting in conquest) did not want any crafting to contribute at all since that would mean they would have to allocate some of their resources to "play all aspects of the game" instead of just focusing the assets on one or two aspects.

As has been said many times in this thread and the others, the only change needed was the multi-item issue. Making that one per craft (even with the additional bump for a crit - which is also gone now) would have all but eliminated any supposed botting and driven that objective into obscurity. You literally would have increased the costs 6 fold. In order for botting or exploiting to be common, the task not only needs to be automate-able, it also needs to be "cheap". I think if you did an analysis of how much time/creds it takes per CQ point of crafting and compared it to CQ points for running flashpoints, you would find that much less "effort" goes into each flashpoint CQ point than each crafting CQ point. The other changes were just a finger in the eye to small guilds.

Very well written and excellent points. You said everything I’ve been trying to say, but in a more concise and orderly way.

Bioware, it might be a good idea to do more analysis next time over a longer period of time instead of knee jerk reactions when a mob of bullies want changes to CQ because they can’t win fairly. Especially when it’s obvious the changes have had no impact on the top guilds and their positions on the scoreboard.

If there was botting going on, then by all means take measures to ban botters and tell us about it so it acts as a deterrent. We’ve heard nothing about any action taken against cheaters, so we all assuming it wasn’t wide spread or even actually a problem as reported by said mob bullies.

And while I think we all accept that it’s possible to bot in the game, a rigorous analysis would have shown how unrealistic it would have been to do on a permanent basis. The cost and time alone make it prohibitive. You also have many other activities in the game that are susceptible to botting to achieve goals. You haven’t nerfed those activities because of it. So it really was a poor decision to go after crafters in the game who’ve already had the short end of the development stick in the last few years.

I’m already hearing of other parts of the game being automated or spammed by some people who pushed for crafting to be nerfed. Are there plans to Nerf every activity that could be automated to get CQ points?

Quick personal summary of the impact of the changes on me (and as I preceive them):

I was still able to cap all of my characters, but needed to use the different activities a bit more thoughtfully, since the easy fillers like collecting the remains of slain bots or creatures or crafting a couple of items are mostly gone. I was only able to do so because in the last 2 conquests there were specific infinitely repeatable tasks with really high cq-points: the droids in Ilum and the "taskmaster" and "galactic rampage". Without those I would not have been able to do it.

The same guilds are on top, overall the numbers are lower, as are the deltas, but both effects in combination mean that nothing changed at all (as I expected).

I personally suffer financially as due to the reduced crafting the resource market is not as it was.

All in all: for me the changes are not an improvement.

the game should IMO give the maximum rewards to people who play a variety and the most challenging parts of the game instead of focusing on one single activity like clicking Craft or doing heroics all day. This isn't because I hate what you do, but rather understanding that in order to keep players engrossed in a video game you want to entice them to keep their content intake fresh and interesting.

this is some truth right here and its a shame so many people are unaware of game design and customer retention that they don't understand how important it is, if dealing with crafting abusers was perhaps Biowares short term goal, this is the long term one

Snip

So are you denying the existence of crafting guilds now?

Alongside the reasons I stated above (botting and CQ stockpiling), it literally physically pains me to do it and I'd rather the game not encourage players into CTS.

You can still craft for CQ and credits, I still do. You just can't do it infinitely, or stockpile materials for months on end and then brutally beat a much larger guild that runs a lot of events on a week where more planets open up.

Yeah.... since 3 years ago, "Crafting Guilds" are not a thing anymore. Trust me I ran a crafting guild. Also from what you have written, you do not have a clue what a "crafting guild" is or how they operate.

"Oh i crafted almost 400 war supplies in a single week and all i did was click"..... LOL LOL LOL ..... sorry, not sorry. Like I said above, you have ZERO knowledge of how a crafting guild works. Bless your lil heart.

My small guild beat out large guilds on crafting weeks. That was the only time we could shine. That was our only chance. They would come around every month or so, occasionally sooner than that but rare. We would spend all of our extra time prepping for it. All the while doing everything we normally do (raid progression, pvp, gsf, fps etc). During crafting weeks we would be first on the board and well into the lead. Not because we sat there and clicked buttons. We worked for every point we got by running ops, fps, gsf, pvp, heroics etc and of course crafting on a much larger scale than you could ever imagine. We worked harder at conquest than any large guild even tried. We put the work into it until people like you came along and cried to the devs "we have more people so we should have won; its not fair; they are cheating blah blah blah". So they not only listened to you but then they nerfed crafting into oblivion. It has not been viable since then.

All the "crafting guilds" are gone. dead. Sure a few of us log on but none of us can ever achieve what we could back then. Hell we dont even make the leader board anymore.

Like many others have said it before me... Crafting alone is no longer viable for conquest and hasnt been for awhile. The amount of mats it takes to craft just one war supply is not worth it. You could literally have all of the credits possible and that would only last you a few days if even on top of the mats you farmed for months and all the jawa junk you saved up to get the conquest points needed to win just one week.

Everyone has been extremely patient and nice to you... yet you still refuse to see their point of view. You may not agree with it, but at least acknowledge it.

I love crafting.... and I will always hate the nerfs the devs have and will keep implementing on my fav in game past time.

:rak_03:

/snip:

second week since they nerfed crafting, 2 guilds on SF after an hour on 6 million points, and no crafting.....

I'm sure glad they stopped those crafting bots because everything has been so much....wait, no everything is still the same. And still no comment from the devs......oh wait, maybe they are on discord....

second week since they nerfed crafting, 2 guilds on SF after an hour on 6 million points, and no crafting.....

I'm sure glad they stopped those crafting bots because everything has been so much....wait, no everything is still the same. And still no comment from the devs......oh wait, maybe they are on discord....

6m isn't that much for the larger guilds with several hundred active players that log in during a day, in reality, the 20m+ points from a no-name guild with ~4ppl online after less than 10minutes was much more confusing, there were a few of those on SF and DM which basically abused the crafting system in biochem to push out an insane amount of points. Bioware didn't like that and that's why we have these changes, at least now we know there are actually some players doing a variety of activities and content behind those points.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I think we were promised the ability to "play our way" by the devs awhile ago.

They didn't keep it then, they certainly didn't add anything to that with this change.

I never said I crafted 400 invasion forces a week. I said I crafted enough for 400 war supplies.

Why? How? did you collect all of those mats yourself, or did you use mats donated from guild members?

As a solo player I genuinely want to know how to collect that many mats in a week, week after week.

(snipping out two)

1. Bots

Yeah...bots can exist. Bots are bad.

Let's punish all the players who play legit and not worry about the bots because they won't bot crafting anymore.

They'll just bot something else.

Maybe that will affect you.

Maybe it won't.

But as we've seen, the same guilds are at the top.

The same guilds have millions of points within a few hours.

The damage to the majority far outweighs the "improvement" to the few who may have been affected by crafting bots.

Which, honestly, I haven't seen that proven anywhere these last two weeks.

I have seen people explaining how the changes were BAD for their small guilds who have absolutely NO EFFECT on conquest as a whole.