Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

They should make a pass over all objectives and change as many of them as possible to: (in decreasing order of preference)

- infinitely repeatable

- once per character per day

- once per character per week

Get rid of all “once per legacy per week/day” limitations. Don’t touch the Conquest XP of the activities.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make a pass over all objectives and change as many of them as possible to: (in decreasing order of preference)

- infinitely repeatable

- once per character per day

- once per character per week

Get rid of all “once per legacy per week/day” limitations. Don’t touch the Conquest XP of the activities.

Agreed

Agreed

I don't agree with the self-important blue text guy, for the following reasons:

1. The game should prioritize rewarding participation over repetition

2. It encourages trying out a variety of activities

3. There are lots of character-bound objectives you can chase other than the legacy ones.

Edited by Eli_Porter

3. There are lots of character-bound objectives you can chase other than the legacy ones.

The problem with that is, some people can't (for various reasons) or want to do other stuff. PvP in this game at the moment is atrociously bad, so that is out for them, they've nerfed crafting, so that is even less usable, some don't have time to do ops, so again, less content they can choose from, etc, etc, etc.

Plus, my preferred content is the class stories, that's where I like to spend my time, why should I have to do content I don't like, just to keep participating in CQ . I've been here since about 6 months after launch, constantly subbing, never taking a break. I've tried all the content, over and over, I don't need to be pushed in to it, and shouldn't be,

I pay to play a game I enjoy, I should also be able to enjoy earning CQ points by playing the content I want to play, not what OTHER's think I should.

Also adding this here, as it's relevant here too

whelp....crafting as a means for CQ is F*****...... Some not so nice people over the years have tried to kill crafting for CQ, I guess they are now happy...R.I.P. crafting....

Just for those people who stated that crafting was the reason that the big guilds were making millions of points, the servers have been open less than an hour, and already guilds have millions of points, without crafting, or supposed crafting bots......which again proves, crafting was NEVER the issue...what are you guys going to go after next? What excuse will you use because your guild cannot compete, or do the work others do...

Also adding this here, as it's relevant here too

this is surprising... to anyone?

so BW got trolled, and per usual will refuse to admit it or make the necessary reversions to correct their foretold error(s)

Sure. But I have to stop and start playing characters so I dont waste those activities and can spread them around.

If they were per character and not per legacy I wouldn’t have to do that.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I feel like I want to contribute to this discussion, but it's the same argument over and over again.

"big guilds who dominate the top spots are cheating"

How they cheat varies.

Why they cheat varies.

Little fixes to placate the loud squeakers (squeaky wheel gets the oil) don't work.

we see that time and time again on patch day, today is no exception, as others have pointed out, the same big guilds are in the lead with 50+ million points after a few hours.

The big guild with the most player participation is ALWAYS GOING TO WIN.

Who is shocked?

Not this guy.

I haven't actually tried to do CONTENT on multiple alts in the same day in quite some time...since they introduced the daily login. I login on three accounts on each of the 5 servers and rotate toons to get the daily login rewards.

Sat / Sun I work on my 3rd account leveling toons up from scratch getting TONS of conquest points from lowbie activity.

I did my first ops (in over a year) a few days ago...SM EV, pugged (which I NEVER do) and it was "meh" (it was all one guild though, except me, so at least it went smooth). I didn't even care how many conquest points I got for it.

Ultimately, they shouldn't be taking anything away from players. Not content, not parts of content. They should only be adding.

Like they did with GSF. To balance GSF to the rest of conquest activities, they didn't need to take away (they did, but it was minor, certainly more minor than some people were pushing for) but they added to GSF.

Now, if you log in once a day, every 4 weeks you get a token for 50k conquest points.

How easy is that?

Each day with your lowbie, and enough of a stronghold bonus, you can reset your utility points and feed your companion some gifts (enough to raise them up a level) and make your 50k points in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by Darev

the removal of repeatable crafting /harvesting objectives only hurt casual /small guilds and players, which will result in fewer hours played, which in turn will lead to re-evaluation of play time and monies spent to do so, etc, etc

bottom line: all that effort and angst directed against 'crafters' has yielded a negative net sum for results, and had zero impact on the larger players. gg bw

the removal of repeatable crafting /harvesting objectives only hurt casual /small guilds and players, which will result in fewer hours played, which in turn will lead to re-evaluation of play time and monies spent to do so, etc, etc

bottom line: all that effort and angst directed against 'crafters' has yielded a negative net sum for results, and had zero impact on the larger players. gg bw

Yeah, I logged off today because I ran out off repeatable things to do that didn’t require me questing every planet. Usually I would have spent the day crafting and updating my supplies.

At least I’ll save credits now cause I won’t have to keep buying white mats from the mat vendor. I also won’t need to buy as many Iokath vendor mats because I won’t be making as many invasion forces, dark projects or war supplies.

At the end of the day, I’ll probably save a few million credits a week and play less hours a week.

Oh look, the same guilds as usual are on top of the leaderboards.

For now. Also my guild managed to beat one of the top guilds on the first day just by running a lot of events, feels nice not having to click the Craft button a million times in order to do that.

Yeah, I logged off today because I ran out off repeatable things to do that didn’t require me questing every planet. Usually I would have spent the day crafting and updating my supplies.

At least I’ll save credits now cause I won’t have to keep buying white mats from the mat vendor. I also won’t need to buy as many Iokath vendor mats because I won’t be making as many invasion forces, dark projects or war supplies.

At the end of the day, I’ll probably save a few million credits a week and play less hours a week.

I got CQ on three chars since yesterday, and that was just playing casually....I played about 4 chars in total. By this time normally I'd have 10 finished, and others set up. I'm not bothering with CQ on my small guilds, I'll set it up for people who want to, but as I said to them, I'm not pushing myself to get them over the line, if it happens through play, well, that's a bonus. I'm just going back to the stories, and maybe some GSF, (my daughter likes to watch me crash into stuff..lol, or take over) Plus GSF are easy points, and I can que while playing how I like.

Same thing. By not crafting, I'll save tons of credits. And by not doing conquest anymore, I will also save millions, because the only reason I was doing it was tech frags and Kai Zykken rip off. I used 40 mil in credits on Kai Zykken each week, so I will save all that money too.

I'm not going to get the armor set cheevos, but I can live with that. They already kinda spoiled the cheevo hunting for me with the wookie hugging thing. I found it incredibly unfair that my cheevo was reset, while others would only have to complete one. Since they didn't say they will fix it, and I don't want to participate in an unfair event, I already decided to stop hunting cheevos in December. So quitting conquest for the armor sets too is not that big of a deal anymore.

I just feel really, really sad that I don't have anything to do in game anymore, except for progession raiding. Even that has been pretty unsable lately because my team members have quit the game one by one, and it's getting more and more difficult to find competent replacements. :(

nah it impacts all players and guilds in the same way, guilds that ONLY have a few members and the bulk of the points comes from crafting are of course affected far more than small/medium-sized guilds with more active players, which are both positive things. conquest points should be coming from doing content, not abusing crafting, at least that is what bioware seem to think and I agree

but yea I agree with you, overall these changes will have little to no impact on the large player base, which I guess was the main point as its only meant to combat crafting abusers which are few and negligible tbh

Edited by RikuvonDrake

nah it impacts all players and guilds in the same way, guilds that ONLY have a few members and the bulk of the points comes from crafting are of course affected far more than small/medium-sized guilds with more active players, which are both positive things. conquest points should be coming from doing content, not abusing crafting, at least that is what bioware seem to think and I agree

but yea I agree with you, overall these changes will have little to no impact on the large player base, which I guess was the main point as its only meant to combat crafting abusers which are few and negligible tbh

Nerfing crafting wouldn't be a problem if let's say heroics were infinitely repeatable. Now people who run heroics for conquest won't have enough to do, because they are once per day per legacy. Lower levels get to do infinitely repeatable heroics, I don't understand why lvl 75 is limited to once per day per legacy, that makes no sense. We used to have alt friendly conquest, but it's gone.

Also a few other problems with the current objectives:

- when you reach rank 999, no conquest points anymore for new renown rank

- when you cap reputation on some event, no more points for reputation tokens for that legacy - so people who have played longer are punished with this

- there is no Flashpoints Finisher on objectives every week, like there is GSF finisher and PVP finisher every single week

- the conquest objective flashpoints on lvl 75 are limited to master mode - most of the current playerbase can't complete them in MM, and it can take 20-30 mins for a dps to get a pop. Even that wouldn't be a problem, but with the bads and toxic trolls in the queue, and deserter timer if you leave a bad group, the wait is not worth it. Why wait for something that most likely won't be completed anyhow.

I'm sure I forgot something, but feel free to add.

About the current crafting. It's actually worse now because of another reason too, and that's because BW listens to idiots who don't know why most people actually craft. I used to put all my toons to craft components just before I logged off. If the Crafting inventor popped when I logged back in, it wouldn't matter, because the points were small and I didn't lose them from another character. But now, if I put a toon to craft components, I either have to sit and wait til it's done, or risk getting the one time objective with a lot of points to a wrong character. So people who whined about it are pretty much clueless how crafting inventor was being used by most people. It would have been insanity to use crafting inventor as the only means to make conquest points: it's way too expensive and complicated for that. It was being used as a FILLER.

The current system is really unfriendly to people with a lot of alts, and not worth the effort anymore.

No, it doesn't, it's messed up small guilds a lot more, as they relied on it. Bigger guilds can get groups together for ops, multiple FP runs, rampages, pvp, gsf, etc. Which is why the lose of crafting hasn't slowed them down. Where as smaller guilds can't. Crafting is content, just because you don't participate in it doesn't change that, others do, and they have a right to earn CQ points from playing the way they like. We've no proof anything was being abused, just theories and wild speculation, because guilds were bringing in millions of points....well guilds are still doing the same, the same guilds, same points, and no crafting

No, it doesn't, it's messed up small guilds a lot more, as they relied on it. Bigger guilds can get groups together for ops, multiple FP runs, rampages, pvp, gsf, etc. Which is why the lose of crafting hasn't slowed them down. Where as smaller guilds can't. Crafting is content, just because you don't participate in it doesn't change that, others do, and they have a right to earn CQ points from playing the way they like. We've no proof anything was being abused, just theories and wild speculation, because guilds were bringing in millions of points....well guilds are still doing the same, the same guilds, same points, and no crafting

The crafting changes did impact the largest guilds, since they also crafted to reach those high numbers. Now large guilds can focus on holding events where people group up and play the game together for CQ instead of clicking a button in order to win.

If you actually look at the CQ table you'd see the invite spammers and crafters slowly falling off while the guilds running events are beginning to prosper.

What a load of bollocks!

I can get a character to 75, get bored of it and delete it before I can contribute to an invasion score.

Add to that I run an alt and casual guild. We do not require our members to contribute to the invasion and do not kick them for not doing so. This is putting pressure on my guild members as new members, who are normally more active, make a fair amount of Invasion points, this will now have to be made by people who don't play a lot, or more likely by me, you are changing the way I play for no reason.

You are changing game mechanics that don't need changing for no reason other than to give yourselves something to do.

As for the amplifier page? I mainly play on a laptop. I have 2 hotbars on both the left and right of the screen. My character and inventory pages are inbetween them. Only now I can't see most of my inventory page as it is covered by the amplifier list. I have to keep clicking the inventory to make it the top window. Totally pointless and useless.

If you want to highlight something, put a big sign up saying 'Mandolorian has finished, there are no new films coming out soon and the Steam launch is over, they were our only way to get new players. However we care that little we will **** you off in any little way we can. btw please get your friends to join.'

A total load of *********** Bollocks. If you don't stop buggering up that which was fine I will cancel my 3 subs.

Why pay for something that is not enjoyable?

It would have been insanity to use crafting inventor as the only means to make conquest points: it's way too expensive and complicated for that. It was being used as a FILLER.

Bioware, with all of their data, seems to pretty heavily disagree with this, and considering how we had a patch that specifically removed lower grade crafting stuff and now how this recent patch addresses mostly lower-tier crafting components and consumables.

You are looking at it wrong, big guilds are impacted in the exact same way as small guilds, its something that influences how players gain conquest points, if a player gains the bulk of their points from crafting abuse it doesn't matter if they are in a large or small guild, it impacts the player in the same way. A small guild naturally has fewer players and get fewer points but it can still easily hit the small 500k target even without crafting abuse by running activities just like the larger guilds, just on a small scale.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

The crafting changes did impact the largest guilds, since they also crafted to reach those high numbers. Now large guilds can focus on holding events where people group up and play the game together for CQ instead of clicking a button in order to win.

If you actually look at the CQ table you'd see the invite spammers and crafters slowly falling off while the guilds running events are beginning to prosper.

What a ridiculously inaccurate post.

The top guilds were NOT winning through 'clicking a button' - they were winning because they had the numbers and activity base to win (which may have included crafting, but also included every other aspect of the game).

This change did NOTHING to those guilds - they are still sitting atop the leaderboards without crafting.

To repeat - this change did NOTHING to change the fact the largest, most active guilds win conquest.

Bioware, with all of their data, seems to pretty heavily disagree with this, and considering how we had a patch that specifically removed lower grade crafting stuff and now how this recent patch addresses mostly lower-tier crafting components and consumables.

To fix that, all they should have done was stop counting the stacked items. There was no reason to nuke it for legit crafters, especially when we didn't get anything to replace the small infinitely repeatable fillers.

And what comes to BW and their data, no-one here has seen it. But we've all seen some toxic whiners attacking and spreading lies about crafters. In my opinion, that's why they did it. To shut up the whiners.