6.1.4 Conquest Feedback

DavidStaats

Hi all!

First and foremost thank you all for the feedback!

Here are some of the major points of feedback I am seeing:

• Feedback regarding locking Planetary Heroic Objectives to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding locking Planetary Defeat Enemies to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding solo based Objectives being overly reduced.

Our goal with locking Heroic and Defeat Enemy objectives to their planets was two fold; we wanted to create some variability to Conquests from week to week, while also working to streamline the increasing number of Objectives a 71+ player has.

Our Objective balance goal is to bring the points a player can obtain per minute more in line across all Objectives. Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced. One of the main points of feedback regarding point reduction we are seeing is directly related to the Defeat Enemies objectives.

We are discussing the above feedback and considering options for our 6.1.4 release of Conquests.

Again, thank you all for the continued feedback!

Its funny, people have literally been listing a long list of complaints and all you got out of it were three things.... le sigh.

Let me simplify it for you:

1) Do NOT nerf ANY points at all. period.

2) Increase multiplayer points as much as you want

3) Do NOT restrict content. period.

4) Do NOT restrict levels from content. period.

5) Add objectives to your hearts content

6) Do NOT remove any objectives

7) Change more objectives to be infinitely repeatable or daily repeatable etc

8) No nerf of points, No restrictions of any kind, no removal of objectives

Follow these simple rules and you will make EVERYONE happy. :rak_03:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems yet again you are listening to players that want changes made to activates that they personally don't do.

As a solo player I don't say what changes should be made to PvP, to Op's to group play such as master mode FP's. Why are these groups who do these activities having such a huge influence on solo play?

I stopped doing conquests for around a full year until the changes made to what they are now. Fine I will just stop again, On the plus side I have been thinking about playing the new Avengers game, not tried it yet but seems after this latest round of changes to conquest come in. Well just a good time to try it.

David, Let the players decide how they want to get from point A to point B.

Agreed, and stop listening to a couple of loud mouths on the forums kvetching about conquest points.

How we earn conquest points was never their damn business to start with. It's not their damn business now. If they have problems because THEY were earning too many points, that's on them, but they got their panties in a wad over it, and here we are with 6.1.4.

The way EA reacted to those people should never, never, never have happened.

Edited by xordevoreaux

So you virtually have ended solo players from conquests. Stopped most small guilds from actually making the planetary goal unless they do the activates that you BW want them to do, not what the player wants to do (except the player(s) already doing these activities) .

Is any part of that summery incorrect?

Ok do what you feel is right BW but I'm done :mad:

Edit, this was part of my last post. For some reason it was missed off when submitted. It has been edited just to make it work as a post in it's own right.

Edited by TalleraLane

If these nerfs and objective limitations go through, it will be EV farming all over again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

You get the picture?

People want to do conquest, but if you take away objectives or gate them behind certain levels, EV farm will be the only viable option to cap multiple characters in any reasonable time. At least I found EV farm much more fun than trying to compete over trash mobs with 50 other people.

Well they had managed to make conquest fun 6 months ago with a variety of content and regardless of the toon’s level and now they are moving backwards to making it tedious again. It’s a game: it should be fun! The biggest mistake here however is limiting conquest to some planets only: everyone hates waiting for mobs and bosses to respawn. Different and limited planetary objectives for different levels will also limit who you can group with.

Why not simply readjust points given to some activities instead of cutting the list of activities? And granting more than 50k conquest points for an activity is pointless anyway.

I’ll go back to not caring about conquest.

Why always listen to the nerf crowd? Can they find other ways to make adjustments? Cutting content in a game that is already seriously lacking content makes no sense. Spend time on new content and bug fixing instead of nerfing.

If these nerfs and objective limitations go through, it will be EV farming all over again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

You get the picture?

People want to do conquest, but if you take away objectives or gate them behind certain levels, EV farm will be the only viable option to cap multiple characters in any reasonable time. At least I found EV farm much more fun than trying to compete over trash mobs with 50 other people.

Exactly.

And remember what happened the last time there was an Operation, or part of one, that gave "too many" conquest points?

They nerfed it.

instead of cutting the list of activities? And granting more than 50k conquest points for an activity is pointless anyway.

Pointless for the character/player, not pointless for the guild of that player.

Still, you make a good point. Spend 90 mins, do an OP and earn..like, 130k conquest. All of it is " dumb conquest" - it goes to one single character. Since you are busy operating as a part of a large grp, you don't have a realistic opportunity to micro manage it - you can't switch characters etc.

Spend 90 mins doing planetaries and weekly areas. Earn..what, 200k conq. Most of it is "smart conquest", you earn it in very manageable slices, you can manage its distribution; it is easy and natural to constantly switch characters according to who is past 50k and who isn't.

200k conq by doing soloable content can easily translate into 3.5 chars at conq. target or something. 200k by doing Ops can easily be just one single character without you having had any opportunity to maneage distribution of conq.. So by the looks of it, as it stands, , 200k via solo content is much more valuable than 200k via Opsing etc.

Edited by Stradlin

It seems yet again you are listening to players that want changes made to activates that they personally don't do.

As a solo player I don't say what changes should be made to PvP, to Op's to group play such as master mode FP's. Why are these groups who do these activities having such a huge influence on solo play?

I stopped doing conquests for around a full year until the changes made to what they are now. Fine I will just stop again, On the plus side I have been thinking about playing the new Avengers game, not tried it yet but seems after this latest round of changes to conquest come in. Well just a good time to try it.

I'm going to start a boycott of conquest in game if these changes go live how bad they are. If they are as bad as the pts server is? and that's really what it is? I'm going hard on it.

Well they had managed to make conquest fun 6 months ago with a variety of content and regardless of the toon’s level and now they are moving backwards to making it tedious again. It’s a game: it should be fun! The biggest mistake here however is limiting conquest to some planets only: everyone hates waiting for mobs and bosses to respawn. Different and limited planetary objectives for different levels will also limit who you can group with.

Why not simply readjust points given to some activities instead of cutting the list of activities? And granting more than 50k conquest points for an activity is pointless anyway.

Why always listen to the nerf crowd? Can they find other ways to make adjustments? Cutting content in a game that is already seriously lacking content makes no sense. Spend time on new content and bug fixing instead of nerfing.

they listen to the nerf crowd, because that's how game devs are nowadays. most of the time they just listen to the complainers , and when they get their way? they throw MORE tantrums. like on these forums.

if they seriously lock down conquest to it being ONLY on the 3 planets you can invade every week? I'm boycotting conquest and will lead a mass boycott throughout the game. that would be absolutely ridiculous

Unless you plan to stick all Heroics in a private instance, limiting Heroic points to the invasion planet means you'll have countless people all fighting over the same mobs. I did Face Merchants on Coruscant recently, must have been 5-6 other people there, no one wanted to group and all were fighting each other for the same mobs because of the bonus and the godawful respawn time. Same for Mutations on Taris. All this will do is have more stealth/objective stealers and frustrate people even more. You can invite others to group but you can't make them join said group, and then you're fighting each other more than you are whatever mob you need to kill.

With double exp going on, I can easily over level which bracket is available to me, but be unable to participate and really do anything for conquest because whilst my character is high level I might not really have access to whatever objective is in the 71+ bracket because of class story, etc. :(

With double exp going on, I can easily over level which bracket is available to me, but be unable to participate and really do anything for conquest because whilst my character is high level I might not really have access to whatever objective is in the 71+ bracket because of class story, etc. :(

I don't think they put any thought towards the speed of leveling and the prevalence of level 71+ characters that aren't finished with their class stories. Between multiple double XP events and the Master's Datacron, I imagine that number is higher than you'd expect right now. With these changes removing the "Mission Completed" objectives for that bracket on leveling planets, those players are completely out of luck for Conquest if they want to play their stories. You might get a significantly nerfed Enemies Defeated I if you're lucky and that planet is in rotation, otherwise you get nothing at all. So, completely opposite of what was the stated goal of these changes, that's another set of players that has to choose between the content they want to do (story missions and the content around them) and contributing to their guild through Conquest.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I don't think they put any thought towards the speed of leveling and the prevalence of level 71+ characters that aren't finished with their class stories. Between multiple double XP events and the Master's Datacron, I imagine that number is higher than you'd expect right now. With these changes removing the "Mission Completed" objectives for that bracket on leveling planets, those players are completely out of luck for Conquest if they want to play their stories. You might get a significantly nerfed Enemies Defeated I if you're lucky and that planet is in rotation, otherwise you get nothing at all. So, completely opposite of what was the stated goal of these changes, that's another set of players that has to choose between the content they want to do (story missions and the content around them) and contributing to their guild through Conquest.

Yeah I was saying that earlier. Even without double xp. if you do all the planet stuff as you level, you can get 50+ by the third planet, and 75 by Alderaan.

Unless you plan to stick all Heroics in a private instance, limiting Heroic points to the invasion planet means you'll have countless people all fighting over the same mobs. I did Face Merchants on Coruscant recently, must have been 5-6 other people there, no one wanted to group and all were fighting each other for the same mobs because of the bonus and the godawful respawn time. Same for Mutations on Taris. All this will do is have more stealth/objective stealers and frustrate people even more. You can invite others to group but you can't make them join said group, and then you're fighting each other more than you are whatever mob you need to kill.

Those two pub side heroics need to have the respawn timer dramatically reduced.

Well, the stupidity of this proposal and the 300 level aug finally got me to reply after years away from the forums. Nerfing CZ-198, planetary kills, and other simpler ways to make Conquest makes no sense other than to require more grinding. The larger guilds have already beat you to implementation in that regard. I have toons in major guilds on both American severs. The Ponzii scheme that is grinding Conquest to stay in the larger guilds' good graces continues to be ratcheted upwards. What used to be one toon earning conquest every three weeks is now every toon, every week. 25k used to be ok, then 50k, this week grew to 100k by Sunday mid-day. No slack for how many months or years you have been in. Insta-boot for failure to meet the new goal. Recruit noobs, they make more than vets. CZ-198 and planetary kills allows simpler/non-dps focused toons, such as healers, or tanks to get their weekly quotas along with the more powerful dps, who can solo the tougher or longer weeklies. One toon per day is not an exploit, and does not need to be nerfed.

Hi all!

• Feedback regarding locking Planetary Heroic Objectives to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding locking Planetary Defeat Enemies to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.

Our goal with locking Heroic and Defeat Enemy objectives to their planets was two fold; we wanted to create some variability to Conquests from week to week, while also working to streamline the increasing number of Objectives a 71+ player has.

Our Objective balance goal is to bring the points a player can obtain per minute more in line across all Objectives. Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced. One of the main points of feedback regarding point reduction we are seeing is directly related to the Defeat Enemies objectives.

We are discussing the above feedback and considering options for our 6.1.4 release of Conquests.

Would it really matter if you just buffed stuff instead of nerfing to balance?

Ie, lets use CZ198 and Yavin daily/weekly as an example.

Yavin takes longer to do and has more missions

CZ198 is shorter to do and has less missions

Instead of nerfing CZ198 and buffing Yavin a little bit, why not just buff Yavin more and leave CZ198 as it is.

Then let people decide what they like to play more or have the time to play.

I personally don’t do Yavin and wouldn’t do it very often even if it gave more points for time spent because it takes too long and I prefer to do other things like CZ198 and heroics, pvp, planet quests and kill numbers. I would rather play all those other things because of the variety. I find Yavin personally boring.

By all means buff longer content and group content that takes longer. And add some more per character (not per legacy) daily repeatables for GSF, pvp, etc. And increase points for time spent.

But don’t nerf points, don’t take activities away, don’t pigeon hole lvls because you restrict people playing with friends at different lvls to them.

The last thing this game needs is more restrictions on playing the way we want. If you want to drive players from the game, removing activities people enjoy doing the way they are now is a good way to lose players fast.

And add more planets each week. That would help solve some of the issues. Maybe 6-9 planets weekly and have 12-15 planets for galactic war.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Honestly, l'm pretty disappointed by this change.

As a solo player, I'm having fun doing heroic missions for the alliance crates in all my toons and getting my conquest objectives done at the same time. By limiting the number of planets that I can do per week, it will dramatically reduce my conquest progress across many characters. And it will slow down my progress for farming Alliance crates as well.

Nerfing of hailing taxi, benefactor etc. are understandable. Nerf heroic missions, limit to planet invading etc. are unnecessary and overkill. It reduces my enjoyment for the game and forcing me to play the contents that I don't want to play.

And I'm only mentioning my feeling toward these changes. Many have said that this will overflowing the limited planets with many players fighting over the same objectives.

Overall, unwise decision and a step-back by the development team.

I'm considering unsub for now. Glad that I can play Cyberpunk in Nov now.

Edited by SamMerlini

•How do the new values feel? Do you feel that larger and more complex objectives have a more accurate point representation of their time and effort, and do those new values make those objectives more appealing to attempt?

With the stronghold bonus some of the values seem very high while others seem quite low. Most of the ones I usually do are not worth my time or effort. No, the new values do not make other content more appealing to me.

I will not group, you can't make me. Though, if my guild or a friend asks, I would be more willing to. I am not grouping with random people.

•Are there Objectives you feel are too rewarding? Not rewarding enough?

I do not feel like solo activities are worth my time or effort anymore. I don't care how many points other players get.

•As a solo player who wants to partake in the story, do you feel like you are able to more actively participate in Conquest?

I feel less able to participate in conquest. As a solo player, I do not feel valued nor do I feel like I have a place in conquest.

•As a player who enjoys Operation/Warzone/Uprisings or other group play, do you feel like you are able to more actively participate in Conquest and that your time investment is more accurately reflected?

I do not enjoy group play, so I will not comment. I do not care what they do, or how many points they earn. It's none of my business.

•How do you feel about the Objectives for Feast of Prosperity? Did they encourage you to partake in the event? Did you enjoy earning Conquest through Event participation?

I was going to check it out anyway.

•Any other thoughts or feedback you may have!

For solo players, I feel it's a huge step backwards. It discourages solo players from even participating in conquest, I feel it also discourages solo players from trying group content.

honestly, I don't care what content you do, if you like doing dailies then do them, if you don't like doing operations or pvp then don't do them, I don't see how these changes to conquest has any effect on what you like or don't like doing. perhaps at the end of the day you will have a few hundred less conquest points and if that really ruins your day I would advice you rethink what makes you happy

And now your argument is ridiculous by sticking back to play what you want? Are you forgetting that you commented on the thread where conquest objectives forced players like us to play something that we don't want at all? The point is not just few points of objectives, the point is it being nerfed to the position that it is almost unplayable. One planetary heroic for 1 week? People fighting over the same planets?

If you want to argue, at least try to understand what others are saying. "Few hundred less conquest", ridiculous.

Hi all!

Again, and I know I'm a broken record here, no you don't have to take points. If you still feel the points per minute aren't lining up then you need to further buff the other stuff. Nerfing is not the answer. Going along this same logic, it doesn't really address why you had to both reduce points and reduce objectives available for solo content. I would be okay with the smaller point value if you weren't also removing and gating so many of the things available to solo players. You're wielding a chainsaw where a scalpel is required.

I'm not saying I love the idea of smaller point values, however if that was all that you were doing I would be less frustrated and disgusted by these changes. If all you changed were the points given from these objectives, but left the amount and variety, without lvl qualifications it would still be something I could go after while also playing the content I enjoy on the characters I enjoy playing that content on.

All you really needed to do was add points for that harder and more involved content. From what I've seen just about everyone agrees with that, whether or not they play said content. The system does not need another overhaul. What is there now is great, it's fun, it's flexible. Buff where buffs are needed and leave it as it is. Fine tune, don't remake. Before the current iteration I quit conquest altogether because it felt like a job and not a game I play for fun. I finally started doing it again because I could actually just play and have fun while going after conquest. You took a step forward and now you want to take not two, but three steps back.

Edited by DuchessKristania

^ - You actually tested stuff? Darev seems to be doing pretty well:

Spending 2.5 hours/day by being busy mostly with planetaries/daily areas and their orbiting weeklies earns 250k conq for a solo player who knows what he is doing. You recon it too little? How much do you think you should get per hour?

I have not once ever said that the methods I've done to get 100k points an hour is too little.

My complaint about the changes should be obvious to everyone.

I have to now do things I don't enjoy doing as much to get that same point flow.

The devs stated they wanted to slow down the point flow from planetary heroics.

Ok, they did that.

But by leaving other methods available for the same rate of point acquisition it makes it seem like it wasn't the rate of acquisition that was bothering them as much as the fact that the players were all choosing to do the same thing. Which, by the way, is the same reason that the one operation got all of it's random mobs nerfed a few months ago. Too many people getting conquest the same way, not enough people doing all the "other" conquest objectives.

(They must not like when 60% of all conquest points comes from one type of objective.)

So, the problem isn't the points, it's the content.

Yet rather than make the multi-player content more attractive, they took points away from the system players enjoy.

That's a "my way or the highway" move.

Edited by Darev

Now that I've had proper time to fully process everything, I'd like to tell you what I like. Of course I like seeing increases of conquest points for grouped objectives. And I love that you brought Uprisings into the fold as well as Star Fortresses. What a fantastic way to make Star Fortresses relevant! Love that!

I'd still like to see Commanders come back to Conquest. Those were fun to do. And it seems like World Boss kills for conquest don't come around that often. It'd be nice to have them thrown in the mix more again.

But the bad is just so awful. Do all of us a favor and put the Thor Nerf Hammer away. Far away!! Hide it. Bury it. Throw it into the sea like the old lady did with that necklace in Titanic. Just get rid of it. Swtor has been out for so long now that, imho, all content should be relevant to conquest. We have enough events that bring a good variety of other options for conquest so, at least for me, it doesn't feel stale in between doing said events.

P.S. If you get rid of the unranked PvP leaving a match penalty, I'll probably start PvPing again. And having LOSSES and wins count towards my daily and weekly would be a nice thing to have back. Just sayin'.....haven't done a whole lot of PvP since those changes were implemented. Not a fan.

If you don't incentivize multiplayer stuff, people don't show up to explore and test it. Please don't forget about adding to it and polishing it. And check places like reddit for feedback too. I'd hate to see another 6.1.1

There is a massive, obscene disparity between soloable straightforward stuff and all multiplayer exclusive content on live servers atm. I really hope this disparity is mostly gone after this patch.

You realize that people don't do certain content because they don't like it? I like ops but despise pvp. No amount of conquest points will make me play Warzones or Iokath ever again , Iokath is just awfully boring and PVP is filled with toxic morons. Besides, the new augments mats are just going to increase toxicity.

Also currently progging NIM Dxun in 8 and 16 and if you don't complete it, you get very little points despite sometimes spending a lot of time on it or getting some achievements. Compensating with easier content can make up for the lost cq points.

Edited by Eriamea