6.1.4 Conquest Feedback

DavidStaats

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry man in Florida refuses to play video games, more at 11!!!

You are sidestepping the same point I've been making though: multiplayer content is all about moving parts. (=other people) By very design, its always less straightforward to set up than single player stuff. It applies to live servers and TC alike. Which is why leaving all multiplayer content with such modest conquest was such a weird situation to have.

Darev's illuminating posts happening right now underline the point. Wanna test how much conquest planetary missions or other soloable stuff brings? Just go to TC and get to work. Do it at peak hour if you like. Or do it at 5 am while being the only person on the entire TC, its all the same.

Wanna see how TC versions of OPs, FPs, GSF or WZs tick? You better tour the forums, ask around in Discord, organize stuff between two guilds, etc etc etc. It is always an effort and it never gets to happen in some personal uncompromizing vacuum.Of course, it isn't such a stark contrast on live server..but the big picture remains the same.

Is there a reason why they had to nerf solo conquest in order to make multiplayer conquest not so modest?

When it comes to that 500k haul you pulled in 2.5 hours yesterday..what made it so much less fun when compared to stuff you've been doing on live servers? You don't like to be more tied to completing the weekly missions or what? You mentioned Iokath..what else?

Well, let's see.

I don't like going to iokath

I do enjoy doing heroic missions across the original planets

The rest of the things I did yesterday were things that I normally did.

Except Ziost, I don't usually do that in my conquest routine, but I enjoy that series of daily quests so it's no big deal...except when there are more than 10 people there, because then it's super annoying as that planet and it's quests aren't build for many people on at the same time.

Let's look at two specific groups of changes:

CZ-198 Daily Area

CZ-198: Defeat Enemies is now worth 750 points (down from 2,000)

CZ-198: Defeat Enemies 2 is now worth 1,650 points (down from 3,000)

CZ-198: Mission Complete is now worth 1,550 points (down from 2,000)

CZ-198: Weekly Mission is now worth 5,850 points (up from 4,000)

Total prior to 6.1.4: 11,000 Conquest points

Total with 6.1.4: 9,800 Conquest Points

With running ONLY CZ-198, according to this, you lose 1200 points.

However, and I just looked (the specific point increase for renown levels isn't listed), the increase in points to advancing your RENOWN points MORE than makes up for that point loss....so it's actually still quite possible to only do CZ198 and hit 50k points if you have the 150% stronghold bonus and at least the 10% conquest point guild perk.

Also...and this is amusing...

Companion: Benefactor is now worth 550 points (down from 3,000)

Companion: Influencer is now worth 4,850 points (up from 2,000)

So...5000 points total "before"

and 5400 points total "now"

Generally you do this using a level 1 companion, buying a blue gift from the fleet vendor for 5k credits, and get both sets of points with a single action.

I'm going to focus this next part on you Stradlin, as you were the main "driver" for all of the threads about conquest on the main board these last few months.

You were so up in arms about it being unfair that people doing "heroic tourism" (as you call it) got conquest points so much faster than you, playing GSF, were that is what they focused on.

You were not even focused on your own actual problem of GSF being low balled (which no one disagreed with) for conquest.

So they fixed the squeaky wheel, forcing people to either alter their game play (for the same general rate of conquest point acquisition per my earlier posts, or keep playing their way for far fewer points thanks to the planetary heroic nerfs.

Look...let me try to make a real life analogy here.

I had a Corvette that I could drive 50 miles distance in 5 minutes time.

You had a school bus that could drive 50 miles distance in an hour.

EA took away my Corvette.

I still have a Charger. I can still drive that same 50 miles in 5 minutes.

Why does it matter to you which car I drive?

The end result is the same.

It matters to me because I like the Corvette a LOT more.

Edited by Darev

Well, let's see.

Yeah did some testing myself, checked out objectives etc. Removing so many planetaries and pushing folks towards old weekly areas is def a step backwards. More...free ranging planetary tourism was def a good way to approach content that is like..5-10 years old or something. No doubt conquest system currently on TC seems super disappointing and stingy for a solo player who has experienced 6.1.1.

Tragically, conquest currently live on TC prolly looks like a great system for somebody who has never seen the conquest 6.1.1 brought. If patch currently live on TC now had been 6.1.1, I bet everybody would have been quite happy. Current patch is much more accurate version of 6.1.1 patchnotes than 6.1.1 itself was. FWIW!

You were so up in arms about it being unfair that people doing "heroic tourism" (as you call it) got conquest points so much faster than you, playing GSF, were that is what they focused on.

You were not even focused on your own actual problem of GSF being low balled (which no one disagreed with) for conquest.

Difference present between planetary missions and all mulltiplayer exclusive content on live servers even today is utterly obscene. You can close that gap by buffinng things or nerfing things. No reason why it should happen via nerfing. Well, I recon Bioware can see such reasons.

Underneath all these terrible nerfs? You brought, what, 250k conq in 2.5 hours by doing by the soloing you found much less fun than before. ( it def does look much less fun route on paper than what the planetary tourism bsns of 6.1.1 was. ) Even so, I'm quite sure you sit with more characters on conq target than what is attainable via any multiplayer content in that same timeframe. Difference just isn't such incredibly huge now. Ballpark is prolly the same.

Edited by Stradlin

You call this balance, but it's really just a huge, massive nerf that will make life more difficult for people like me who do conquest on multiple characters.

This is a direct contradiction to your previous changes to conquest. You opened up more options for everyone, but now you're just making it more difficult and time consuming with fewer realistic options.

The solution is not to nerf the easier objectives, it's to buff the rewards for the more time consuming objectives. Raise the weekly goal if you have to, but don't make the easier objectives feel worthless. That's where you're going with this currently.

Hi all!

First and foremost thank you all for the feedback!

Here are some of the major points of feedback I am seeing:

• Feedback regarding locking Planetary Heroic Objectives to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding locking Planetary Defeat Enemies to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding solo based Objectives being overly reduced.

Our goal with locking Heroic and Defeat Enemy objectives to their planets was two fold; we wanted to create some variability to Conquests from week to week, while also working to streamline the increasing number of Objectives a 71+ player has.

Our Objective balance goal is to bring the points a player can obtain per minute more in line across all Objectives. Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced. One of the main points of feedback regarding point reduction we are seeing is directly related to the Defeat Enemies objectives.

We are discussing the above feedback and considering options for our 6.1.4 release of Conquests.

Again, thank you all for the continued feedback!

There was no reason to reduce the conquest points (except maybe the taxi, decorating) but all the heroics, dailies, etc were fine. All you needed to do was upgrade pvp, operations, gsf but no you couldn't do that. You had to nerf all the solo activities. In addition, stop restricting what missions we can do each week. We are quite capable of choosing for ourselves, thank you very much. I definitely don't need someone telling me what I should be doing in game, that is if you actually want us to play. Upgrade the group activities as most agreed that needed adjusting but can you please just leave the others alone but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by casirabit

There was no reason to reduce the conquest points (except maybe the taxi, decorating) but all the heroics, dailies, etc were fine. All you needed to do was upgrade pvp, operations, gsf but no you couldn't do that. You had to nerf all the solo activities. In addition, stop restricting what missions we can do each week. We are quite capable of choosing for ourselves, thank you very much. I definitely don't need someone telling me what I should be doing in game, that is if you actually want us to play. Upgrade the group activities as most agreed that needed adjusting but can you please just leave the others alone but I doubt that will happen.

I happen to agree with this - make it faster to get cq by grouping and leave solo alone. Its not like the cq rewards are just so amazing that its ruining the economy by having more toons capping cq each week.

Hi all!

• Feedback regarding locking Planetary Heroic Objectives to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.
  • Feedback regarding locking Planetary Defeat Enemies to their planet being an available planet to invade. You would like to see these available at all times.

Our goal with locking Heroic and Defeat Enemy objectives to their planets was two fold; we wanted to create some variability to Conquests from week to week, while also working to streamline the increasing number of Objectives a 71+ player has.

Our Objective balance goal is to bring the points a player can obtain per minute more in line across all Objectives. Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced. One of the main points of feedback regarding point reduction we are seeing is directly related to the Defeat Enemies objectives.

We are discussing the above feedback and considering options for our 6.1.4 release of Conquests.

While I can understand streamlining something that may seem overabundant, forcing the entire game population to 3 planets for an ENTIRE week to do heroics for conquest is going to fail on you bigtime. You are about to piss off so many players who dont come to forums, who dont do PTS, and have no idea you are about to destroy their random heroic fun that was also decent conquest. One week of having to wait for swarms of people to clear respawns and click items will send most people packing.

Do you not understand people dont want new expansion area lvls of competition for TEN YEAR OLD CONTENT ALL THE TIME???

How is this feedback not MORE IMPORTANT than your supposed "adding variety"? Stop and think, how does limiting heroic conquest to 3 planets an entire week vs the 8-9 before, causing massive competition and player frustration, get those people to try other things INSTEAD OF JUST LEAVING.

A shame youre willing to lose so many players on a gamble to diversify content consumption. You will fail again. Do you guys just not like money or something?

I'd like to point out that the idea was to balance out the time and effort required with a fair amount of points. By limiting the conquest objectives via planets and levels you have just increased the time and difficulty of completing those objectives. Fewer places to go will mean more people competing for the same things, will make these objective take longer and be more frustrating for fewer points.

The solo players were happy, they were having fun. The group and PvP content needed a boost so that they could also be happy and have fun. "Also" is the important word here. "Also" not "Instead of." Conquest points are not physical objects with a finite number. They are invisible, imaginary values assigned to a game. Points can be added to content without taking away from other content. Why can't nice things be given to everyone at the same time?

You want to address toxicity, you want to encourage people to play together? Well, further feeding the divide between player types is about the worst way to go about that. Now there will be even greater resentment between players than before. This will INCREASE toxicity which will in turn DECREASE the desire and willingness to group. Give the extra points to the harder, more time consuming content, but not at the expense of other content.

Edited by DuchessKristania

The issue with this approach is that the direct result is a straight nerf across the board for planetary heroics. There are unintended consequences of this as well, that I don't think you've considered.

Take, for instance, a player that uses an item you've put in the Cartel Market with the intent to sell: The Master's Datacron. A player using this on a new character has seemingly one goal, to be at or near max level but still be able to enjoy the class stories, something you can't do with normal boost tokens. The problem is, this player has very limited Conquest potential doing the story on this character now, because they'll level to 71 and immediately be put into a bracket where most planets they encounter no longer reward any Conquest points outside of generic objectives. "Gain a Level" isn't an objective in the 71+ bracket, neither is "Missions: Story Time", so these nerfs to the planetary mission and defeat enemies objectives eliminated a huge portion of the Conquest objectives for these players. That's before even looking at how heavy-handed the effect is on planetary heroics. Keep in mind, too, that the "Heroic Missions" objective wouldn't even ding for story missions. So this kind of player has been significantly handicapped now.

This doesn't even require the Master's Datacron to be a problem, though. With double XP going right now, a lot of players will be leveling past the brackets where they'd actually receive objectives for the content they're doing. A level 75 character that isn't finished with the story will now have to choose between doing the story or participating in Conquest and, thus, contributing to their guild, since now they don't get objectives for those missions unless the Conquest week lines up. This is not only frustrating on the player's end, but it flies directly in the face of what you said was the goal in the thread announcing these changes: "We want to continue offering additional avenues for players to participate in Conquests without feeling like they have to choose Conquests over an activity that they want to participate in." This seems like you rushed to nerf heroics without considering one, how far you were going (I'll get to that) and two, what other things you were going to hit in the process.

I have an objection to this. I think the Defeat Enemies objectives being nerfed as hard as they were is bad, especially since Defeat Enemies II does not exist for planets with heroics that got the new "Heroic Missions" objectives. However, I object to the idea that these objectives are on the level of amp rerolls and junk selling in terms of access. They take much longer than those objectives do, as do some of the heroics.

The odd thing is, right now, heroics are the only thing that seemed to be balanced based on the fastest possible route to the objective. Flashpoints, for instance, got a 6000 point infinitely repeatable objective. That's great for FP runners, but there are FPs that can be finished solo in 10 minutes on Vet Mode consistently, with all the level relevant rewards that brings (180 TF, ~15 level and irating appropriate gear drops, etc, per run), but that wasn't considered for balancing. On the other hand, there are heroics that take 10-15 minutes each for very little rewards relevant to a max level but are now rewarded points based on the theoretical fastest possible heroics to run. Where's the points per minute balance here? Especially when the rewards per minute balance is so insanely off and doesn't seem like it'll ever change? If those heroics are on a planet that isn't in the Conquest rotation for that week and you've done the generic objectives, that 10-15 minute heroic will grant you very little for Conquest or, indeed, rewards in general.

Heroics being good for Conquest made up for them being completely left out of the current reward system. I would have been fine with a reasonable nerf, but making them completely unviable for Conquest amplifies the reward issue significantly. You wanted these heroics to be relevant for max level characters an expansion or two ago when you introduced level sync, so why are you intent on ensuring they're massively unrewarding for max level players to the point that they may as well be skipped entirely? Either they should be good for Conquest, giving max level players a reason to go back to them, or they should give relevant rewards for max level players. Or just make it clear that you don't want max level players playing that content.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

So long to "Play your way" buh bye. Do you guys not like subscribers? You finally finally FINALLY had Conquest in a great spot. The majority of us are happy! Stop nerfing :mad: !! Only add objectives and points to longer/harder objectives. Why is this concept so difficult to comprehend??? Just say NO to nerfs!

This exactly.

Variability and Streamlining. Priceless. I know you guys need to wordsmith for corporate-speak, but really...

I just directed Faboo, my Kowakian Monkey-Lizard DJ, on my fabulous pleasure barge to queue up:

You spin me round! Let's dance!

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Hi all!

I'm a big supporter of you guys and this game and I will say this. there is absolutely NO NEED to do any of these changes or change the entire structure of conquest YET AGAIN!!! all you have to do is adjust some numbers of the easier tasks, put some more planets to invade in and that's IT!!! you dont have to ONCE AGAIN change around the WHOOOLEEE fundamental structure of conquest!

its FINALLY in a fantastic place that makes it FEEL like part of the game! it makes people FEEL like they want to do it, and are actually getting conquest AS they play the game THEIR way. not just some side venture or job as it was before!

stop it. please stop!

You don’t increase variability by “streamlining” or reducing means to complete conquests

It means nothing of the sort. You bring balance by bringing the side falling short up to speed. Then both sides are happy. By gutting one side and raising the other side up you still end up with a pissed off player base and have solved none of your problems.

I hope this is more truthful than it normally is when I see it posted towards players. It usually translates to we will say we are listening to the players but plan on doing exactly as we have said we will regardless.

So it’s up to you. You can give me reason to continue supporting this game or move on to other fields

And how is giving one particular objective 100.000 points (I'm looking at you Operation completion) in any way remotely balanced?? That's double the conquest points you need to finish your goal. Just.....ugh.....smh......Where's the tylenol???

Our dear Design Director loves operations. So we have to play his way, hence operations now grant the most conquest points, 100K.

Hi all!

"Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced."

Yeah that's total BS and nonsense - there was nothing which prevented the addition of objectives or the increase in points for objectives which took more time without removing objectives and lowering the points for others.

Most players that wanted to see changes just wanted to make sure the objectives for their preferred content (e.g. GSF) were available week to week with an appropriate level of points.

Doing that did not require bloating out the conquest objectives list, nor pushing some of the objectives to absurd levels (like getting 200K+ for a weekly), nor reducing the general objectives which were available to all and in many cases restricted to once per day.

How about you give us the real reasons?

Appeasing a bunch of obnoxious whiners that bombarded the devs with messages pushing a bunch of changes no one wanted coupled with your inability to understand that a lot of content ignored is ignored for a reason - it sucks and / or most don't care do to it (e.g. uprisings, Iokath, ranked PVP).

Edited by DawnAskham

Hi all!

David,

First, thank you for posting so soon after the initial PTS build.

As you can see there are many people, including myself, confused about why your vision includes the nerfing of existing playstyles / points instead of making the other play styles more attractive, enough to potentially move players, naturally, away from heroics on to group content.

You do have to recognize that certain players are very resistant to group content regardless of the reward.

Those players, like myself, view these proposed changes as a major move in the wrong direction, especially when one of your stated goals has not been met (see my posts about the characters I did conquest with at the start of this thread)....the short version is even w/o planetary heroics and "rampage kill counts" I did other solo stuff and still got toons to conquest goals, playing DIFFERENT (but less fun for me) objectives in the same amount of time.

Your goal of making solo play less attractive wasn't meant on a points vs time basis....just on a "Corvette vs Charger" basis (see my more recent post). Using that same analogy, what many of us are asking is why not just buff the school bus (multiplayer content) to solo player levels and leave the solo player content as-is.

Let the players decide how they want to get from point A to point B.

"Unfortunately this means that some of the more accessible and easy to complete objectives had to have their points reduced."

Yeah that's total BS and nonsense - there was nothing which prevented the addition of objectives or the increase in points for objectives which took more time without removing objectives and lowering the points for others.

Most players that wanted to see changes just wanted to make sure the objectives for their preferred content (e.g. GSF) were available week to week with an appropriate level of points.

Doing that did not require bloating out the conquest objectives list, nor pushing some of the objectives to absurd levels (like getting 200K+ for a weekly), nor reducing the general objectives which were available to all and in many cases restricted to once per day.

How about you give us the real reasons?

Appeasing a bunch of obnoxious whiners that bombarded the devs with messages pushing a bunch of changes no one wanted coupled with your inability to understand that a lot of content ignored is ignored for a reason - it sucks and / or most don't care do to it (e.g. uprisings, Iokath, ranked PVP).

This is EXACTLY why this is happening

Hi all!

[Just a ton of concerns about soloable stuff and all other feedback ignored]

I'm sure plenty of concerns here are valid and all. I'm just wondering if this isn't exactly how 6.1.1 turned into the completely unfair mess that it was in the first place: TC doesn't have enough people for any multiplayer stuff to really happen.( I did CZ weekly. I was the only person there the whole time. Only person in DK to boot.) GSF, PvP, Ops and FP commuities just don't show up.-> People doing multiplayer stuff don't feel involved/included to TC stuff. -> Massive amount of decibels and demands exclusively about soloable stuff for the most part. -> Presto, wonderful conq patch that introduces over 100 soloable objectives and literally forgets everything else. I think this is what happened with 6.1.1.

If you don't incentivize multiplayer stuff, people don't show up to explore and test it. Please don't forget about adding to it and polishing it. And check places like reddit for feedback too. I'd hate to see another 6.1.1

There is a massive, obscene disparity between soloable straightforward stuff and all multiplayer exclusive content on live servers atm. I really hope this disparity is mostly gone after this patch.

Edited by Stradlin

Testing group content on PTS is only going to work this time around if someone decides to find out the availability of the people already on PTS and try to schedule things.

Depending on which time zone people are in, that may be difficult.

I have access to a discord (I think - I don't use it, but it's set up for my guild on live) channel/server/whatever and if someone wants to try to coordinate players to play some of the easier operations...

My availability is, generally 7:30 PM - 10 PM eastern time. Monday-Friday

I would also like to point out that some players do not do PvP and Ops because it is not something they can do easily due to physical disabilities. While we may be a minority, we are here. I have a visual disability. I can see well enough to get through the solo stuff, and with friends on voice chat who understand how and when I need help I can do the harder stuff decently well. That being said, random groups where I have to rely on the chat window for communication, and have to explain my special needs is not really a viable option.

I'm sure there are perfectly lovely people who would be willing to help me in a random group, but there are also plenty of people who would kick me from a group because they'd view me as a liability. Additionally, I don't want to hinder other players and ruin their play time by not being able to carry my weight as effectively. People like me rely on that solo content to get to conquest.

I'm going to keep repeating this, as have many others, the notion that you had to take points from some areas, take objectives from some play styles in order to boost others is utterly absurd. Pretty much everyone is understanding and behind boosting the content that was not balancing out point wise. But this "we have to take from one to give to another" thought process is EXACTLY why there's such a huge rift between players of different styles. If you want to stop toxicity you need to stop making decisions that encourage it.

Edited by DuchessKristania

I have the new expansion. I was toying with having both subs but with this. Now I just need to convince my guild, which will probably be easier thanks to this mess.

Not sure if Im going back yet... but it is the next option. We all know how this is going to turn out. Im just not sure if I want to stay along for the ride.

WoW is fun for people like me who havent played since the beginning of time. However, a lot of my guildies dont want to go back which is why im torn.