6.1.4 Conquest Feedback

DavidStaats

The game's been out a LONG time and I've been playing since just before day 1.

Maybe it is time to take a break and log in just enough to keep my guild.

Sorry to hear, seriously.

The forums are already starting to see posts of people unhappy enough about 6.1.4 to quit, or in your case, lay low and take a break for a while, which I'm going to guess probably wasn't what the devs had in mind when they listened to a couple of loud mouths on the forums and subsequently dreamed up 6.1.4, but hey! This is EA, right?

What the hell else should we have expected?

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear, seriously.

The forums are already starting to see posts of people unhappy enough about 6.1.4 to quit, or in your case, lay low and take a beak for a while, which I'm going to guess probably wasn't what the devs had in mind when they listened to a couple of loud mouths on the forums and subsequently dreamed up 6.1.4, but hey! This is EA, right?

What the hell else should we have expected?

I've "quit" a few times before. It never sticks. I always resub before the time runs out.

So, taking a break while remaining sub'd (with my main account anyway) doesn't cost EA anything

Yes, keeping my guildmaster status with my toons on live is worth the $15/month even if I don't actually play.

Well, I posted exactly what I did to reach the points on each character I played.

I did set the guild to the 20% perk/bonus

I do have the 150% stronghold bonus

You'll need to factor that into what you see for your points.

Yes, I was keeping track of your posts and found them quite helpful and informative. Thank you for doing that. I will try to be as diligent in my feedback.

I'm hoping my tiny, mostly inactive guild will still be able to continue at the rate we have been. The game is meant to be fun and conquest finally felt like part of that fun rather than work. This is a game, it should not feel like another job.

Still looking for the option to disable the UI notification whenever points are earned. It's big, it's annoying, it's in the way. People have been asking for this for as long as it's been around.

I know some players like to see it, but many of us hate it. I saw on another thread that they were going to shorten the time it appeared on the screen. A much welcome improvement, but even better would be to let us turn it off.

I like conquest just as it is. I use rampages and heroics to get something like 30+ characters to target a week. Because I happen to enjoy that limited grind of heroics and rampages. It's relaxing. You push through these changes? I'm prob going to struggle to find enough to do that I enjoy to get even 5 to target.

Sure, the massive buff to OPs is certainly going to make it much easier for my guild to hit the Large Yield... which is fine. OPs probably needed some buffing. But why swing the nerfhammer so hard against altaholics, and people who just enjoy actually doing the heroics?

Well, I've quit before, and it looks like I'll quit again. I just feel very disappointed that Bioware never learns... always swinging the nerfhammer hard at something because it can't be enough to just buff something else, always has to be a counterweight, eh? So stupid.

Guess this is the end of "Play your way". Now everyone will be forcibly encouraged to be on the same few planets, fighting over the same mobs and objectives. Are respawn times being increased based on the number of players in the area? Is the mob tag mechanic being removed so multiple ungrouped people can get credit for killing the same world boss or quest objective mobs? What's being done on the backend to prevent server side lag from happening like it does on every single Gree event lately (Maybe that's why the Gree haven't been around in a while)?

I do not like these changes. They take away a lot of freedom from players. Rebalancing the number of conquest points is something I can get behind, but removing half the objectives? Are you trying to alienate your players with 6.1.4? Seems like an odd timing considering another big MMO is about to release an expansion. And why are you spending so much time an effort to do a complete overhaul of a system that's mostly working fine, could be improved with a few tweaks. Meanwhile, simple bugs like tacticals and sets not counting for achievements have been there for a year, untouched, or more complex stuff the scaling of some specs on level 70 content being completely out of bounds.

Guess this is the end of "Play your way". Now everyone will be forcibly encouraged to be on the same few planets, fighting over the same mobs and objectives. Are respawn times being increased based on the number of players in the area? Is the mob tag mechanic being removed so multiple ungrouped people can get credit for killing the same world boss or quest objective mobs? What's being done on the backend to prevent server side lag from happening like it does on every single Gree event lately (Maybe that's why the Gree haven't been around in a while)?

I do not like these changes. They take away a lot of freedom from players. Rebalancing the number of conquest points is something I can get behind, but removing half the objectives? Are you trying to alienate your players with 6.1.4? Seems like an odd timing considering another big MMO is about to release an expansion. And why are you spending so much time an effort to do a complete overhaul of a system that's mostly working fine, could be improved with a few tweaks. Meanwhile, simple bugs like tacticals and sets not counting for achievements have been there for a year, untouched, or more complex stuff the scaling of some specs on level 70 content being completely out of bounds.

This! ALL of this!! Thank you for putting into words all the things that I couldn't. Its hard for me to express my thoughts so clearly when I'm this upset, angry, and disappointed.

2020 is already a garbage year. Guess the game will follow suit :(

Well, I posted exactly what I did to reach the points on each character I played.

I did set the guild to the 20% perk/bonus

I do have the 150% stronghold bonus

You'll need to factor that into what you see for your points.

I’m going to run this on my account without the bonuses and see how tedious it will be for newer players with guilds not running 20% bonus.

Then I’m going to run it on my wife’s account with the 100% stronghold bonus and not guild bonus to simulate an average player who is in a small guild

Lastly, I’m going to use my sisters account with 150% stronghold bonus and no guild bonus because not all guilds use them to simulate legacy players who’ve been around for awhile.

Will report back in a few days.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Whats stupid about this is keeping both groups happy would be rather simple. Leave cq gains for solo activities alone, but boost the cq points gained by group activities.

I agree they had solo cq in a good place; I also think doing group activities, and especially harder ones, should get cq faster. The rewards are not so amazing to justify making cq a grind, especially in light of them adding new augs.

But like someone else already pointed out, our opinions are pointless anyway.

What a great post. I rarely find myself agreeing with an entire post, but I would like to echo all of this.

I too enjoyed the freedom of having most planets to choose from. It was nice to be able to have kills for the ridiculous Kill 750 Republic/Imperial Strong Enemies on Quesh achievement count towards conquest for once. I liked being able to get personal goals on 5 or more characters whenever I felt like doing conquest, and having days off where I can do things I want to do that are not generally conquest point generators. Now I feel that I have to go back to slogging through the same old daily areas over and over again.

Can't you just buff the group objectives without nerfing and taking away the variety of solo ones?

Finally got on the PTS. I got one toon to conquest. I tried out the Feast of Prosperity event to see if those missions were something I'd enjoy putting toward conquest. The few I tried were alright, it's an event I will likely participate in if the rewards are good. I couldn't find the vendor. I'm not sure if it was there. So those few things were a nice chunk of points.

That being said, my usual daily conquest activities have been badly nerfed. I often stick to the easy ones so that I can get a toon to conquest and then have the freedom to do whatever I want after. Yes, I got one toon to conquest in a reasonable amount of time. However, it was a toon and class I enjoy, one that I've spent time and credits gearing well so I can clear content much faster on this character. Additionally, because it was the PTS there was no one else around to compete with for mobs and objectives which will not be the case on the actual servers. I will try multiple toons tomorrow and see how I feel about that experience.

At this point I'm unimpressed. Speaking as one of the people who literally would not stop on the Rishi stronghold feedback until action was taken, I have a feeling you'll be hearing from me a lot on this feedback thread. Conquest was at a great place for solo players, all it needed was a buff to the harder, more time consuming and group content. Add those buffs and leave everything else alone. Stop feeding the divide between play styles.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Now everyone will be forcibly encouraged to be on the same few planets, fighting over the same mobs and objectives.

so Bioware readjusts the conquest point rewards based on time spent to balance the different objectives against each other so that you can do a much larger variety of content without having to gain less points (like in their example doing yavin takes a lot longer than czerka but rewards fewer points), and your conclusion is that this will rather have the opposite effect? oh come on

for most of you people complaining, I really recommend you should focus on doing content you enjoy rather than mindlessly grind content you don't enjoy doing cause it gives you a few extra conquest points, much healthier

for most of you people complaining, I really recommend you should focus on doing content you enjoy rather than mindlessly grind content you don't enjoy doing cause it gives you a few extra conquest points, much healthier

Here's a crazy thought: some of us actually enjoy the game's heroic missions. It was fun to actually have a reason to go back and play them, and to experience some of the base game planets again. With these changes, heroics are completely obsolete for max level players. There's no reason to do them. Even the harder ones that do take time still reward nothing that you couldn't get elsewhere much faster and much more efficiently.

I don't see why that's a good thing, and I don't see why nerfing heroics into the ground was necessary in order to make the other pieces of content better for Conquest. Those things didn't have to be mutually exclusive and doing so made an entire set of content obsolete for max level players.

^ - You actually tested stuff? Darev seems to be doing pretty well:

Oh...dual logging as I do, that put my total points at over 500k

I only did 7 toons instead of 8

plus whatever bonus goes between personal points and guild points to put me over the top

It took 2.5 hours total, but it wasn't straight through...and I was dual logged.

So 5 hours over two days for a player to do that and get 500k points toward his/her guild.

So...didn't really slow me down

just made me do stuff I didn't find as fun as the other stuff.

Spending 2.5 hours/day by being busy mostly with planetaries/daily areas and their orbiting weeklies earns 250k conq for a solo player who knows what he is doing. You recon it too little? How much do you think you should get per hour?

Edited by Stradlin

Finally something reasonable.

Most importantly, nerf to some activities that require zero or nearly zero player's participation (planetary heroics that can be soloed by your companion while you have some tea, selling junk etc).

BUT

Still no conquest objectives for MM uprisings? Eh.

And of course GSF, you had one job - just make "win match" objective infinitely repeatable again. That would solve 100% of issues of GSF pilots with conquest.

With new changes the first character we do conquest on will have an excessive amount of CQ points, while 2nd and so on will struggle.

Basically, GSF players still can get 1 character to Conquest target per day, while people doing heroics and daily areas can get 5-6. It's better than before, when GSF pilots barely could reach personal target in reasonable time and heroics/daily areas players could get to personal target 9-10 in the same amount of time. But it's not enough.

Either make "win GSF match" infinitely repeatable again, even with old amount of points it would be great, or implemen new objective based on medals.

That way GSF pilots still will be inferior to heroics farmers in terms of conquest but not so much than before.

Starfighter is my primary concern, on first glance the numbers don't look that bad, however I would strongly recommend that "Dominate the Stars" be amended from "Daily repeatable - Win a match" to "infinity repeatable - Obtain 6 medals".

The reason for this would obviously be to give more incentive for active participation in the match, as it is a concern that people may just AFK 10 matches for 67,600 points.

Make it 8 and you have my vote.

My biggest concern is how so many things are level locked. This will make grouping up with guild mates quite difficult since people won't have access to the same objectives which will confuse a lot of people. It makes the system overly complicated and a side effect will be that people will have to frequently explain why certain characters can only see certain objectives which will get irritating quite quickly.

Finally something reasonable.

And of course GSF, you had one job - just make "win match" objective infinitely repeatable again. That would solve 100% of issues of GSF pilots with conquest.

With new changes the first character we do conquest on will have an excessive amount of CQ points, while 2nd and so on will struggle.

Basically, GSF players still can get 1 character to Conquest target per day, while people doing heroics and daily areas can get 5-6. It's better than before, when GSF pilots barely could reach personal target in reasonable time and heroics/daily areas players could get to personal target 9-10 in the same amount of time. But it's not enough.

Either make "win GSF match" infinitely repeatable again, even with old amount of points it would be great, or implemen new objective based on medals.

That way GSF pilots still will be inferior to heroics farmers in terms of conquest but not so much than before.

Infinitely repeatable for matches is getting a pretty good buff though. Replacing it with slightly juicier infinitely repeatable for medals(or for winning) would be cool indeed. Fits spirit of pvp perfetctly.

In general, I'd just like to see few more daily repeatables for GSF. If GSF had 10% of daily repeatables planetary mission tourism has, it'd be a massive buff.

GSF weekly, PvP weekly, OP weekly and all of the other big, meaty objectives are " dumb conquest" kinda. I'd guess Ops weeklies and such are extra tricky in this regard: you can't micro manage it very easily. You'll easily end up with earning like 200k on a single character. Meanwhile, via planetary tourism you can easily distribute conquest across multiple characters much more accurately and evenly. It is " smart conquest". In practice, 200k via soloing usually ends up distributed across four different chatacters; it ends up benefitting player much more than 200k via Ops weekly.

Edited by Stradlin

^ - You actually tested stuff? Darev seems to be doing pretty well:

Spending 2.5 hours/day by being busy mostly with planetaries/daily areas and their orbiting weeklies earns 250k conq for a solo player who knows what he is doing. You recon it too little? How much do you think you should get per hour?

Just because I was hitting the goals doesn't mean I enjoyed WHAT I NEEDED to do in order to meet the goals.

Some of us, even in this thread, truly enjoy grinding heroics. it's easy, quick, and relatively stress free.

I don't have to wait for queues to pop

I don't have to play with idiot or toxic players

My point, that you seem to have missed with my posts, is that if their goal was to actually rebalance the amount of points a solo player can do in a short amount of time, they failed.

What they did do is make it WAY LESS FUN

Some players, maybe only a few, will take what I posted and do that every day because they want to grow their guild, and at least here on day 1, that's the path of least resistance.

Many people won't.

They'll just stop playing

and I'm sure that isn't the goal.

Just because I was hitting the goals doesn't mean I enjoyed WHAT I NEEDED to do in order to meet the goals.

When it comes to that 500k haul you pulled in 2.5 hours yesterday..what made it so much less fun when compared to stuff you've been doing on live servers? You don't like to be more tied to completing the weekly missions or what? You mentioned Iokath..what else?

Edited by Stradlin

so Bioware readjusts the conquest point rewards based on time spent to balance the different objectives against each other so that you can do a much larger variety of content without having to gain less points (like in their example doing yavin takes a lot longer than czerka but rewards fewer points), and your conclusion is that this will rather have the opposite effect? oh come on

Guess what? I enjoy doing dailies. I enjoy doing the planet bonus missions (well, most of them) and I enjoyed being able to hop around and do different planets as the whim struck me. Most of the time I enjoy doing heroics. I did not enjoy doing heroics when those heroics were limited to the planet that was being invaded because there were way too many people competing for the same objectives even if you grouped up with others. I do not like that they're changing back to that, it's far too limiting.

Nothing BioWare says or does is going to make me participate in Ops or PVP. Even if they make them required for main story progression (because in that case I quit the game entirely). Really all they had to do was up the points for those activities to help out the people who enjoyed doing those activities. They did not need to touch solo content points.

When it comes to that 500k haul you pulled in 2.5 hours yesterday..what made it so much less fun when compared to stuff you've been doing on live servers? You don't like to be more tied to completing the weekly missions or what? You mentioned Iokath..what else?

You are projecting your own preferences onto someone else, and then questioning that person's preferences.

What makes decorating your stronghold any less fun than a really good PvP session?

What makes standing on fleet roleplaying any less fun than running an operation?

What makes dressing up one's companions any less fun than a GSF run?

What makes running low-level story content any less fun than the end game?

Nothing.

It's all a matter of taste, and for you to sit there and question why they don't like something isn't fair.

If someone doesn't like something in the game, they don't like it, and your lack of comprehension about that is irrelevant.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My biggest concern is how so many things are level locked. This will make grouping up with guild mates quite difficult since people won't have access to the same objectives which will confuse a lot of people. It makes the system overly complicated and a side effect will be that people will have to frequently explain why certain characters can only see certain objectives which will get irritating quite quickly.

Very important point and the devs need to pay attention to that.

Right now, meh, I'm 75, buddy is 40, no biggie, he wants help learning some of the conquest stuff, NO PROBLEM, we'll just group up and have fun doing that conquest stuff together!

Level locking destroys that. Under 6.1.4, he's in a different conquest tier than I am. Only thing we can do together at 40 and 75 are the conquest objectives on starter planets, since those remain available to everyone.

Edited by xordevoreaux

SO INSTEAD, with planet conquest content locked to the target for the weekly conquest, now EA will have to adjust the points for the time spent waiting in line for conquest objectives to respawn or the time spent flipping from map to map to map to map to map to map on a conquest planet looking for conquest objectives that are up.