Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiocy in action.

Are you seriously 'looking at options for the future'?

How hard is it to set the three planets as large, medium, small?

I mean if you all can't figure that out, ahead of releasing this stuff, I don't know what to say.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

So... 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large was too diffiocult?

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

It's so sad. You got soooo good feedback for your conquest update (was it patch 6.11?). You pleased so many people. Players came back. The game was buzzing.

It would have been so easy to keep up the good vibes.

But no. Not with you guys. Patch 6.12... you change the UI for no good reason. You rewind some of your best conquest changes for whatever reason. The patch breaks things. You introduce LOADS of bugs. That poor CS bloke having to respond to those bug reports had a lot to do just confirming bugs during the last week.

And now, once again you guys prove that you don't have an overview of your game anymore. What a ROOKIE MISTAKE! Man. Seriously. No one mentioned that there is a small yield planet missing this week? Or did you guys notice, but simply didn't care?

First you make conquest super enjoyable for MANY players. Finally "play your way" was actually a thing in your game. And now you take the joy away again step by step. First you nerf it. Now you make it impossible for MANY players to even get their weekly rewards. I feel like you don't want me to play conquest. It was a mistake to enjoy it so much during the last weeks.

If you want to see the effect of 6.12, please compare my playing time since last Tuesday compared to the weeks before. That gives you an indication about how displeased I am with your latest patch. What a pity.

I just don't understand you.

Again, it would have been so easy to keep up the good vibes...

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event.

Hey Eric, can you or the team explain this decision a little bit? I'm confused as to how this precludes the Swoop Conquest week from having a Small Yield planet, since there are 3 planets and 3 yields. Was there a design reason as to why none of those planets could be the Small Yield planet?

Hey Eric, can you or the team explain this decision a little bit? I'm confused as to how this precludes the Swoop Conquest week from having a Small Yield planet, since there are 3 planets and 3 yields. Was there a design reason as to why none of those planets could be the Small Yield planet?

Yeah exactly, the whole "3 planets" thing makes no sense as to why Small Yield was excluded. lol

Explain yourself Mr. Musco!! LOLOL

Hey all,

-eric

Throwing another log on this developer roast, very disappointed in the powers that be that concluded that this was an acceptable release decision.

And this on top of an advert window that is not wanted nor configurable to match the rest of the UI, and now pops open of its own accord.

If your objective is to annoy and alienate your players & paying customers (yes the distinction is intentional), you are certainly picking the right roads to travel.

This is not intended to excuse their boneheaded decision, but I think what happened is that planets are grouped by small, medium, and large yield and the three that are part of the swoop event it just happened that none of them are in the small yield group. I only ever go for small yield, so I don't pay attention to the planets that come up for medium and large yield, but for small yield it is always the same planets, CZ, Ilum, Ziost, etc. I have never seen Tatooine, Dantooine, or Onderon as the planet for small yield.

Of course, they should have thought about that.

I think what happened is that planets are grouped by small, medium, and large yield and the three that are part of the swoop event it just happened that none of them are in the small yield group.

I think this is right. They went for theme intentionally, which was a good idea, but probably forgot to check the yields. Give them some time. Your concerns are legitimate, so they may correct it in time for the next run.

This is not intended to excuse their boneheaded decision, but I think what happened is that planets are grouped by small, medium, and large yield and the three that are part of the swoop event it just happened that none of them are in the small yield group. I only ever go for small yield, so I don't pay attention to the planets that come up for medium and large yield, but for small yield it is always the same planets, CZ, Ilum, Ziost, etc. I have never seen Tatooine, Dantooine, or Onderon as the planet for small yield.

Of course, they should have thought about that.

this is true, but they had enough notice, they probably should have added a 4th (for small yield) for the event, they can do it for other CQ's. Hopefully, for the next time this event runs, they'll have it :)

Edited by DarkTergon

this is true, but they had enough notice, they probably should have added a 4th (for small yield) for the event, they can do it for other CQ's. Hopefully, for the next time this event runs, they'll have it :)

Yep. I boycotted the Dantooine event until they made the currency legacy wide, I can boycott this event until they figure out the small yield situation. It will give me time to get my BH to 75.

Hey all,

-eric

So let me get this right. There was no consideration for having a Swoop Event on a small yield planet?

Please tell me this event won't be for 2 weeks like most recent new events. Two weeks of no small yield conquest would be very disappointing.

It's hard to believe removing the small yield option was even considered OK by anyone, especially with no warning.

I won't be participating.

This is probably a good time to mention that small guilds cannot hit ANY leaderboard - the 3 teir planets should be tiered to 3 basic guild membership sizes to include as many as possible in the game. Say small planets 1 - 10 members, medium planet 11 - 100 large 100+ members - something like that. Just like ranked warzones excludes all but elite players this does nothing to include players of all levels.

Not swooping for joy!:mad:

This is probably a good time to mention that small guilds cannot hit ANY leaderboard - the 3 teir planets should be tiered to 3 basic guild membership sizes to include as many as possible in the game. Say small planets 1 - 10 members, medium planet 11 - 100 large 100+ members - something like that. Just like ranked warzones excludes all but elite players this does nothing to include players of all levels.

Not swooping for joy!:mad:

The issue with this is how do you distinguish what a membership is? Characters is easy but when it boils down, one guild can have 4 active players and 50+ "members" because of alt characters. I don't think they would or could be able to look at legacy names for a guild membership without breaking more code.

I am adding my voice to this concern about small yields being gone. My guild has only a few active players right now with real life and everything. We are able to accomplish a small yield. We would never be able to make a medium yield. We have been intentionally left out of the event and the game over this.

Edited by Meavwen

The issue with this is how do you distinguish what a membership is? Characters is easy but when it boils down, one guild can have 4 active players and 50+ "members" because of alt characters. I don't think they would or could be able to look at legacy names for a guild membership without breaking more code.

I am adding my voice to this concern about small yields being gone. My guild has only a few active players right now with real life and everything. We are able to accomplish a small yield. We would never be able to make a medium yield. We have been intentionally left out of the event and the game over this.

This.

BW can differentiate legacy names even if two people have the same legacy name. They talked about that a while ago in regards to legacy bans and what happens if the banned legacy changes their name.

What I think BW should do is separate all planets from yield size. Give a chance for all planets to show up in each yield size and rotate through them. One reason large guilds go after the small yields is so they can get the achievement for conquering the planet (there are probably other reasons, too). Because planets are divided into small, medium, and large categories large guilds are forced to do small yield to get the achievement for planets such as CZ, Ziost, etc.

I would like it if yields were gated to guild size based on the number of individual accounts in them; even better if inactive accounts did not count against a guild's size. This would make it possible for small guilds to finally get in the top 10 and get the conqueror achievements, but only if planets were decoupled from yield size making it possible for all guilds to go after any planet.

Edited by ceryxp

i have to chime is as well that this will lose me as a subscriber. ive subscribed since beta, im in a small couple friends who dont play much guild, both pub and imp side. guild conquest usually hits 600k in a week if i really push it, no way i can make it to the 2 million. main reason i have been playing was to have a realistic goal of flagship completion. i think you vastly underestimated the number of small guilds you just gave the shaft.

Take this from a guy who never complains; this is stupid, stoopid, stoooooooopid!

Unless you decide to hand frameworks out to every active member in the guild.

Who conjures this stuff up!

Edited by Mikalar

So here's a thought. Pirate Incursion has 7 planets for conquest. Only Dantooine and Rishi have pirates. Taris, Balmorra, Ossus, the Black Hole, and Ziost do not. So for the Swoop event, why not, say 7 planets? 2 large, 3 medium, 2 small, just like Pirate event? Not every planet has to do with a particular conquest event. Otherwise, things like Relics of the Gree would only be Ilum, Revenge of the Revanites wouldn't have Oricon and Voss, just as a couple of examples. For the love of the Force, this is not a hard thing to figure out. So my little guild and so many others aren't going to get conquest this week which means no encryptions for flagships.

Was this understanding not apparent prior?

Just make a permanent small planet target independent of and unaffected by any weekly event and you're done.

I'm sure it was. They just didn't care.