Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

MandFlurry

Been here since day 1 (member 4305) and plan to at least login. I've played through most of the content but maybe only login like once a month or so to see what's up. I don't play the slot machine / loot crate / gambling pack garbage so there's really not much for me to do here.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but imo it's more interesting than kotfe/tet, and your opinion isn't worth more because you've read lots of wookieepedia entries bruh.

Not ur bruh, so don't get like that with me. Fact is that George Lucas and what was Lucasfilm until Disney trashed things, along with great writer's like Timothy Zahn, etc, made a very awesome timeline/ timelines of what was really Star Wars, and what other great empires and civilizations that have been around at the same time or before there ever was an Empire or Republic out there.

There are many factions.

Not ur bruh, so don't get like that with me. Fact is that George Lucas and what was Lucasfilm until Disney trashed things, along with great writer's like Timothy Zahn, etc, made a very awesome timeline/ timelines of what was really Star Wars, and what other great empires and civilizations that have been around at the same time or before there ever was an Empire or Republic out there.

There are many factions.

Yeah bruh I'm aware of all that. Knowing the lore doesn't make your opinion any more valuable than the next guy, especially over what is or is not Star Wars.

One of the reasons that I am excited for a Republic vs Empire expansion is that they've never fully delivered on anything like that since the Class Stories ended.

Ilum started off being about the Republic-Empire War, but ended up being about the common threat of Malgus's New Empire.

Makeb was about the threat of the common threat of the Hutt Cartel.

The Dread War was about the common threat of the Dread Masters.

Trouble in the Tion Hegemony was about a common Rakghoul threat. Titans of Industry was about a rogue Czerka Executive.

The first third of Forged Alliances was about the Republic-Empire War, but quickly became about the common threat of the Revanites.

Shadow of Revan was still about the common threat of the Revanites and also the Sith Emperor.

Rise of the Emperor was still about the common threat of the Sith Emperor.

Kotfe and Kotet were about the common threat of the Eternal Empire.

War for Iokath was about the Republic-Empire war, but it was pretty short and quickly lead into the threat of the Order of Zildrog.

It would be nice to finally get a more developed story where we get to continue the war we expected to be fighting after Rise of the Hutt Cartel ended.

Edited by OldVengeance

I couldn't be happier that the Eternal Empire storyline is ending, I hated every minute of it. Terrible and had not an ounce of a Star Wars "feel" to it.

I couldn't be happier that the storyline will be about resumed hostilities between the Empire and the Republic.

As far as I am concerned, that IS Star Wars, it never gets old, and I hope it's always like that.

Now, I don't mind that there are some people who actually liked that horsecrap storyline [Eternal Empire], people have the right to thier opinions and preferences. But, what I do have a problem with are idiots who for no reason whatsoever think it is appropriate to start whole knew threads for the sole purpose of insulting people for liking REAL Star Wars. For calling people stupid and small minded for liking War between the Empire and the Republic, which is the entire basis upon which the Star Wars franchise was predicated on.

There has not been one single movie that did not have this dynamic in some form. Yes, at times they were called the Imperial Remnant, or the resistance, or the rebellion, but in all cases, they were formed from the heart/ left overs/core of either the Imperial Remnant or the Republic. [Even in the Disney movies, which are friggen horrible].

The First Order - is the Imperial Remanent and it shouldn't take Sherlock to notice the many blaring similarites between the Empire and it.

The Rebel Alliance was made up of those forces that did not go along with the Empire being essentially created from the Old Republic itself. You have two of the remaining Jedi from the Old Republic go into hiding over it, you have "Imperial Senators" of planets who were loyal to the Old Republic trying to work against the Empire from within and to get more peoples to revolt against it. "Rebellion" really says it all. It's not a Rebellion if it's not from within or from that part that refuses to acknowledge a change from the old to the new. So, in essence, the rebellion is the part of the Old Republic that refused to go along with it changing over to the Empire.

The Rebellion, the Alliance, the Republic, The New Republic, the Resistance.They all use a symbol based on the old Republic and use the standard military strata consistant with that 'faction' [Y-wings, X-wings, Uniforms, titles, etc.].

The Empire and the First Order do the same.

Telling people that like old school, hardcore, Star Wars in a Star Wars MMO game, is not only impolitic, it's a straight-up personal insult.

You like that retarded Eternal Empire storyline, that's your perogative. People are allowed to like stupid, contrived, senseless stories. If that were all it was, I wouldn't find fault with it, but the reality is, it really has nothing to do with not liking the Empire/Republic dynamic, or "the same ole" , let's at least to be honest enough to call it what is in most cases [not all], most of those people who are insulting people who like real Star Wars, are really only pissed about one thing, that you don't get to play Emperor. That's what it's really about. It's not about storylines, or factions, or Jedi or Sith, it's about wanting to play a role that no one in their right mind could concieve as being a workable role to play in a role-playing game where different players will have entire different take on things.

I don't want the Alliance. I don't give 2 shizzles about Zakuul other than wanting to see it erased from existence in it's entirety for having the gaul to think that it could attack the Empire, conquor it, and still have any claim to a future existance at all.

As the 'Alliance Commander', I did not liberate Zakuul, I conquored Zakuul. They are not my people, Imperials are my people. I never stopped being an Imperial, I never stopped being a Dark Lord of the Sith, I never stopped hating my enemy, the Republic, and by arch-enemies, the Jedi.

Zakuul is utterly powerless. I am not their leader, I am their slave-master, and they, my spoils of War. I didn't attack them, they attacked me, and now they must answer for it. And here is how I will have them answer for it in my story, the only story that exists as far as I am concerned. Zakuul and all it's peoples and resources are now the property of the Empire. They have one choice and one choice only, they can become willing citizens of the Empire, swear on oath of fealty to it unto-death and serve it as loyal citizens in every single way or, they can all die. I'm am personally fine with either outcome. Even if they choose to serve the Empire loyally, half of their collective peoples will be put into slave-labor and the worlds of Zakuul and Oddessen will be destroyed utterly via Orbital bombardment, and as such Zakuul and Oddesson shall become nothing evermore but Asteroid fields. All of former Zakuulian held space will be annexed into the Empire. [That's what Imperials do, that's what imperialism is, you take lands and resources from other sovergn powers thru the use of Arms].

Zakuul as a people and culture shall never rise again, I would sooner commit total and utter genocide on them than to ever allow them a voice, an opinion, or a vote of any kind. They will serve the Empire with utter and total devotion or they will all die to a man. Like I said, I never stopped being a Dark Lord of the Sith =]

As far as the Alliance and the Republic soldiers who joined the Alliance are concerned. Right before as the Alliance Commander I officially disband the Alliance entirely, I will give all the Republic soldiers who joined the Alliance to see the Republic freed from the Eternal Empire as the Imperial personal did for the Empire, the right to return to Republic space totally unmolested. I will harm none of them as they fought as honorable soldiers and I will treat them with the respect the earned in doing so, but, with this warning.

They are to tell their leaders upon their safe return that the former Alliance Commander, or the now disbanded Alliance, has a message for them -

"Ready yourselves. I am coming and with me all the resources of Iokath and the Empire, consider this a formal declaration of War."

People have been speculating as to why the new storyline will see a renewal in the war between the Empire and the Republic, and the Sith and the Jedi. Well, now you know why, it's because of me. =p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emperor or any other form of world, galactic, country Leader do not go on commando raids. They don't fight in wars. They don't do battle. They don't even walk around armed. If you want to play an Emperor or Sovereign leader you better be really into staff meetings, senate meetings, playing hosts to other Leaders who you couldn't possibly give less of a Rat's *** about, speaking at colleges, giving BS speeches and mostly just lieing to your constituents at every possible interval. You are not going on one mission, ever again.

That's why players can't be Emperor and shouldn't be.

I don't want to lead a faction, I want to fight, I want to kill, I want to War and Emperors never ever do that personally.

Why would I return to the Empire to serve some other leader when I can have my own faction and rule it?

Well, mostly because I am not a Traitor to my people and don't consider acts of Treason to be desirable character traits. I want to go home. The Empire is my home, and it's people, my people. I'm not a leader, I am soldier. I am more than fine serving as the Wrath to whom ever is named the rightful Emperor or Emperoress of the SITH Empire. - I am Sith.

All those solders from the Republic and the Empire who joined the Alliance did so to free their faction from the Eternal Empire. That has now been accomplished, Alliances are inherently temporary and have specific goals which when accomplished end said alliance. They fought and risked their lives for their home factions, not for Zakullians who were their enemies, not for a leader of an Alliance, for their homes, for their families, for their friends, for thier home worlds, for their culture, for their people. When Wars end, soldiers go home, not serve the people of their enemies, and live in their enemies lands. They didn't risk their lives so one person can entertain their desires for personal power and declare themselves Emperor. Those people who want to be Emperors of Zakuul, ask the Zakuulians to me your new military, see how well that works out for you considering that you were killing them up until 5 minutes ago and your single handedly destroyed their Empire that ruled the Entire Galaxy and killed their last 5 Emperors, the first of which [Valkorian] they absolutely, worshipped and Loved. I'm sure they are very grateful for destroying their very privileged existence as they have always known it and now can't even feed themselves and are the weakest power in the Galaxy. Good luck with that.

I have no problem with anyone who enjoyed that horsecrap storyline [Eternal Empire] and didn't insult people who didn't enjoy it and those who are happy to see a return to the Empire vs. the Republic storylines. Everyone's entitled to like whatever the hell they like. I take no pleasure for those who are sad to see their hopes for a 3rd Faction dashed. Should there ever be one, I'd personally like to see it more in the vain of a criminal syndicate like a Hutt Cartel or like Black Sun Order. That would be very "Star Warsy", and even I might make a character to try that out some!

In closing, It is my sincerest wish that the Zakuulians will refuse my offer of becoming loyal Imperial citizens and refuse to swear an oath of loyalty to it, because quite honestly, I much rather kill them all.

For the glory of the Empire!

Looking over the posts, this subject appears to have divided the community. So they've managed to write themselves into a lose/lose situation.

I don't mind the Zakuul story, I actually started to enjoy KOTET (second expansion). I just wish they had gone with their original plans for the expansion instead of this rushed version we got.

I'm not really concerned with the theme of the next story, more so the writing. The writing for KOTET and the Traitor arc was just bad. If it's going to continue on that level, then I don't know.

Edited by fishpeople

I couldn't be happier that the Eternal Empire storyline is ending, I hated every minute of it. Terrible and had not an ounce of a Star Wars "feel" to it.

I couldn't be happier that the storyline will be about resumed hostilities between the Empire and the Republic.

As far as I am concerned, that IS Star Wars, it never gets old, and I hope it's always like that.

Now, I don't mind that there are some people who actually liked that horsecrap storyline [Eternal Empire], people have the right to thier opinions and preferences. But, what I do have a problem with are idiots who for no reason whatsoever think it is appropriate to start whole knew threads for the sole purpose of insulting people for liking REAL Star Wars. For calling people stupid and small minded for liking War between the Empire and the Republic, which is the entire basis upon which the Star Wars franchise was predicated on.

There has not been one single movie that did not have this dynamic in some form. Yes, at times they were called the Imperial Remnant, or the resistance, or the rebellion, but in all cases, they were formed from the heart/ left overs/core of either the Imperial Remnant or the Republic. [Even in the Disney movies, which are friggen horrible].

The First Order - is the Imperial Remanent and it shouldn't take Sherlock to notice the many blaring similarites between the Empire and it.

The Rebel Alliance was made up of those forces that did not go along with the Empire being essentially created from the Old Republic itself. You have two of the remaining Jedi from the Old Republic go into hiding over it, you have "Imperial Senators" of planets who were loyal to the Old Republic trying to work against the Empire from within and to get more peoples to revolt against it. "Rebellion" really says it all. It's not a Rebellion if it's not from within or from that part that refuses to acknowledge a change from the old to the new. So, in essence, the rebellion is the part of the Old Republic that refused to go along with it changing over to the Empire.

The Rebellion, the Alliance, the Republic, The New Republic, the Resistance.They all use a symbol based on the old Republic and use the standard military strata consistant with that 'faction' [Y-wings, X-wings, Uniforms, titles, etc.].

The Empire and the First Order do the same.

Telling people that like old school, hardcore, Star Wars in a Star Wars MMO game, is not only impolitic, it's a straight-up personal insult.

You like that retarded Eternal Empire storyline, that's your perogative. People are allowed to like stupid, contrived, senseless stories. If that were all it was, I wouldn't find fault with it, but the reality is, it really has nothing to do with not liking the Empire/Republic dynamic, or "the same ole" , let's at least to be honest enough to call it what is in most cases [not all], most of those people who are insulting people who like real Star Wars, are really only pissed about one thing, that you don't get to play Emperor. That's what it's really about. It's not about storylines, or factions, or Jedi or Sith, it's about wanting to play a role that no one in their right mind could concieve as being a workable role to play in a role-playing game where different players will have entire different take on things.

I don't want the Alliance. I don't give 2 shizzles about Zakuul other than wanting to see it erased from existence in it's entirety for having the gaul to think that it could attack the Empire, conquor it, and still have any claim to a future existance at all.

As the 'Alliance Commander', I did not liberate Zakuul, I conquored Zakuul. They are not my people, Imperials are my people. I never stopped being an Imperial, I never stopped being a Dark Lord of the Sith, I never stopped hating my enemy, the Republic, and by arch-enemies, the Jedi.

Zakuul is utterly powerless. I am not their leader, I am their slave-master, and they, my spoils of War. I didn't attack them, they attacked me, and now they must answer for it. And here is how I will have them answer for it in my story, the only story that exists as far as I am concerned. Zakuul and all it's peoples and resources are now the property of the Empire. They have one choice and one choice only, they can become willing citizens of the Empire, swear on oath of fealty to it unto-death and serve it as loyal citizens in every single way or, they can all die. I'm am personally fine with either outcome. Even if they choose to serve the Empire loyally, half of their collective peoples will be put into slave-labor and the worlds of Zakuul and Oddessen will be destroyed utterly via Orbital bombardment, and as such Zakuul and Oddesson shall become nothing evermore but Asteroid fields. All of former Zakuulian held space will be annexed into the Empire. [That's what Imperials do, that's what imperialism is, you take lands and resources from other sovergn powers thru the use of Arms].

Zakuul as a people and culture shall never rise again, I would sooner commit total and utter genocide on them than to ever allow them a voice, an opinion, or a vote of any kind. They will serve the Empire with utter and total devotion or they will all die to a man. Like I said, I never stopped being a Dark Lord of the Sith =]

As far as the Alliance and the Republic soldiers who joined the Alliance are concerned. Right before as the Alliance Commander I officially disband the Alliance entirely, I will give all the Republic soldiers who joined the Alliance to see the Republic freed from the Eternal Empire as the Imperial personal did for the Empire, the right to return to Republic space totally unmolested. I will harm none of them as they fought as honorable soldiers and I will treat them with the respect the earned in doing so, but, with this warning.

They are to tell their leaders upon their safe return that the former Alliance Commander, or the now disbanded Alliance, has a message for them -

"Ready yourselves. I am coming and with me all the resources of Iokath and the Empire, consider this a formal declaration of War."

People have been speculating as to why the new storyline will see a renewal in the war between the Empire and the Republic, and the Sith and the Jedi. Well, now you know why, it's because of me. =p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emperor or any other form of world, galactic, country Leader do not go on commando raids. They don't fight in wars. They don't do battle. They don't even walk around armed. If you want to play an Emperor or Sovereign leader you better be really into staff meetings, senate meetings, playing hosts to other Leaders who you couldn't possibly give less of a Rat's *** about, speaking at colleges, giving BS speeches and mostly just lieing to your constituents at every possible interval. You are not going on one mission, ever again.

That's why players can't be Emperor and shouldn't be.

I don't want to lead a faction, I want to fight, I want to kill, I want to War and Emperors never ever do that personally.

Why would I return to the Empire to serve some other leader when I can have my own faction and rule it?

Well, mostly because I am not a Traitor to my people and don't consider acts of Treason to be desirable character traits. I want to go home. The Empire is my home, and it's people, my people. I'm not a leader, I am soldier. I am more than fine serving as the Wrath to whom ever is named the rightful Emperor or Emperoress of the SITH Empire. - I am Sith.

All those solders from the Republic and the Empire who joined the Alliance did so to free their faction from the Eternal Empire. That has now been accomplished, Alliances are inherently temporary and have specific goals which when accomplished end said alliance. They fought and risked their lives for their home factions, not for Zakullians who were their enemies, not for a leader of an Alliance, for their homes, for their families, for their friends, for thier home worlds, for their culture, for their people. When Wars end, soldiers go home, not serve the people of their enemies, and live in their enemies lands. They didn't risk their lives so one person can entertain their desires for personal power and declare themselves Emperor. Those people who want to be Emperors of Zakuul, ask the Zakuulians to me your new military, see how well that works out for you considering that you were killing them up until 5 minutes ago and your single handedly destroyed their Empire that ruled the Entire Galaxy and killed their last 5 Emperors, the first of which [Valkorian] they absolutely, worshipped and Loved. I'm sure they are very grateful for destroying their very privileged existence as they have always known it and now can't even feed themselves and are the weakest power in the Galaxy. Good luck with that.

I have no problem with anyone who enjoyed that horsecrap storyline [Eternal Empire] and didn't insult people who didn't enjoy it and those who are happy to see a return to the Empire vs. the Republic storylines. Everyone's entitled to like whatever the hell they like. I take no pleasure for those who are sad to see their hopes for a 3rd Faction dashed. Should there ever be one, I'd personally like to see it more in the vain of a criminal syndicate like a Hutt Cartel or like Black Sun Order. That would be very "Star Warsy", and even I might make a character to try that out some!

In closing, It is my sincerest wish that the Zakuulians will refuse my offer of becoming loyal Imperial citizens and refuse to swear an oath of loyalty to it, because quite honestly, I much rather kill them all.

For the glory of the Empire!

Jesus man... tone it down a little bit. You sound like an elitist with the phrase of "REAL Star Wars", as for outside threats Star Wars had those in the past. Yuuzhan Vong were a third faction that united both Imperial Remnant and the New Republic, Abeloth required Luke and Darth Krayt to work together, it's rare for both factions to unite against a common enemy. But it has happened before, so please don't be so condescending it really diminishes any validity of your points.

Jesus man... tone it down a little bit. You sound like an elitist with the phrase of "REAL Star Wars", as for outside threats Star Wars had those in the past. Yuuzhan Vong were a third faction that united both Imperial Remnant and the New Republic, Abeloth required Luke and Darth Krayt to work together, it's rare for both factions to unite against a common enemy. But it has happened before, so please don't be so condescending it really diminishes any validity of your points.

I took that tone as the OP and some others was intentional insulting unnecessarily. I don't personally care what anyone likes, everyone is entitled to like whatever the hell they want.

I'll be honest with you, I hated the Vuuzhan Vong storyline as well for very similar reasons, It just didn't feel "Star Warsy" to me. That being said, it's irrelevant, it's no longer part of canon, it never happened. It's not our intellectial property, we don't get a say in what Star Wars is or isn't. I personally loved much of the EU and hate Disney. Disney couldn't tell a good Star Wars story if Mickey Mouse had George Lucas up his ***. But, nonetheless, I must acknowledge what Disney says is and isn't canon, whether I like it or not. I'm expecting a Darth Jar Jar in Episode 9.

I have no problem with a "third faction" persay, providing is has some interesting points to it and fits, that is why I see a 3rd faction more fitting to Star Wars in the vain of a Hutt Cartel, a criminal syndicate [like the Black Sun], or the Mandolorians, this works especially well as it allows the '3rd' faction to be able to work with either the Republic or the Empire inter-changably and without having to 'declare' for one or the other.

They rushed the ending of the Eternal Empire, I think that's clear and it was intended to have a longer story line ending, but, it was rushed because so many people were unhappy with the story line for a long time and it was reaching 2 and half years now, and many people just weren't willing to pay for it anymore. So rushed ending, yes, but by no means did it have a short shelf life. Even still, I can understand why some people who liked the story line felt it's conclusion was rushed, it was.

Yes, I was condescending, I acknowledge that, but it was condescension in response to condescension. You'll forgive me for not taking kindly to being told I am stupid for liking the very basis upon which Star Wars is based.

Some people have this notion that it is this ungoing War between the Empire and the Republic, when it reality is has very little to do with the Empire and the Republic, both of which are really pawns in the real ungoing "war".

It's not about the Empire and the Republic, it's about the Force and the battle between the Light and the Darksides. The Lucasarts Story Group is an Disney affliated organisation who's job it is to make sure all Star Wars media adheres to canon and uniform in it's basis. About a year or so they made a public release regarding the fan-made concept of "grey jedi" and the force being one thing and having no real sides. Essentially the release stated there is no such thing as 'grey jedi' and there never were, that was purely a fan made concept, and that the force is not one thing and only it's user's intent drives it, that in fact, there is a Lightside and a Darkside and that's it.

This ungoing "war" is war for balance between the Lightside and the Darkside. As the force permiates all living things, it stands to reason it has certain effects on it. As the Jedi are aligned to the Lightside and the Sith to the Darkside, and the Jedi are also aligned to the Republic, and the Sith to the Empire, the Republic and the Empire are really nothing more than 'pawns' in the cheese game between the Darkside and the Lightside that of course is always present and it's eternal [much like some might consider "nature" in real life]. Ergo, it seems to me to make perfect sense than the Republic and Empire are constantly getting dragged along in this ungoing struggle between the Darkside and the Lightside. - You align the Jedi with a 3rd faction and the Sith with a 4th faction, and you will see the Republic and the Empire much less interested in each other from than on. That the Jedi are affilatied with the Republic and the Sith with the SITH Empire, the constant ongoing friction between the Republic and the Sith Empire makes perfect, logical sense.

The Republic and the Empire, that's all just collateral damage in the real war between the Lightside and the Darkside that is and will be eternal. It is because of this, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the ongoing wars between the Republic and the Empire that I want to go on for as long as possible in any Star Wars themed games.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I took that tone as the OP and some others was intentional insulting unnecessarily. I don't personally care what anyone likes, everyone is entitled to like whatever the hell they want.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I do agree OP was misbehaving but when replying to these kind of threads I think it's important to keep civil.

I'll be honest with you, I hated the Vuuzhan Vong storyline as well for very similar reasons, It just didn't feel "Star Warsy" to me. That being said, it's irrelevant, it's no longer part of canon, it never happened. It's not our intellectial property, we don't get a say in what Star Wars is or isn't. I personally loved much of the EU and hate Disney. Disney couldn't tell a good Star Wars story if Mickey Mouse had George Lucas up his ***. But, nonetheless, I must acknowledge what Disney says is and isn't canon, whether I like it or not. I'm expecting a Darth Jar Jar in Episode 9.

I see. I personally loved the Yuuzhan Vong storyline, while I do agree with you Dark VS Light is one of the core of Star Wars I found the Vong to be quite an entertaining diversion from the usual Star Wars tropes. I also loved how the main characters now actually died and how that affected the storyline going forward, it's really fascinating to me but to each his own I guess. It's not irrelevant merely because it is no longer canon, if we're talking about SWTOR then this entire discussion is pointless as SWTOR itself is part of legends. And I loved the EU as well, I think Disney has been doing some interesting things but not enough for me to buy their canon products, I would give it a chance if they were to continue legends but that is a topic for another day.

I have no problem with a "third faction" persay, providing is has some interesting points to it and fits, that is why I see a 3rd faction more fitting to Star Wars in the vain of a Hutt Cartel, a criminal syndicate [like the Black Sun], or the Mandolorians, this works especially well as it allows the '3rd' faction to be able to work with either the Republic or the Empire inter-changably and without having to 'declare' for one or the other.

Yes, I personally wouldn't mind a third faction with a criminal aspect to it. I do believe Charles Boyd mentioned in a livestream with one of the Bioware influencers how the game had started with 3 factions but it was downgraded to 2, it would've been interesting to see how things would've turned out with a criminal syndicate as the third faction.

They rushed the ending of the Eternal Empire, I think that's clear and it was intended to have a longer story line ending, but, it was rushed because so many people were unhappy with the story line for a long time and it was reaching 2 and half years now, and many people just weren't willing to pay for it anymore. So rushed ending, yes, but by no means did it have a short shelf life. Even still, I can understand why some people who liked the story line felt it's conclusion was rushed, it was.

I love the story but I do agree at times it can feel rushed, I personally feel extremely sad about this because I think KOTFE/KOTET with enough budget and development time could've been as great as vanilla SWTOR, if not a game of its own. Perhaps if someone were to adapt to a single-player game with proper side-quests, exploration of the new planets and etc it would've allowed for a proper pacing to the story.

Yes, I was condescending, I acknowledge that, but it was condescension in response to condescension. You'll forgive me for not taking kindly to being told I am stupid for liking the very basis upon which Star Wars is based.

Once again 2 wrongs don't make a right, in these kind of discussions try to remain civil. I think lowering yourself to to other person's level is not the answer here.

Some people have this notion that it is this ungoing War between the Empire and the Republic, when it reality is has very little to do with the Empire and the Republic, both of which are really pawns in the real ungoing "war".

Yes I do agree, it's an eternal clash of light and dark.

It's not about the Empire and the Republic, it's about the Force and the battle between the Light and the Darksides. The Lucasarts Story Group is an Disney affliated organisation who's job it is to make sure all Star Wars media adheres to canon and uniform in it's basis. About a year or so they made a public release regarding the fan-made concept of "grey jedi" and the force being one thing and having no real sides. Essentially the release stated there is no such thing as 'grey jedi' and there never were, that was purely a fan made concept, and that the force is not one thing and only it's user's intent drives it, that in fact, there is a Lightside and a Darkside and that's it.

Once again why are we bringing canon into a conversation that doesn't pertain to it? While indeed in canon from what little I know it doesn't seem to be the case Gray Jedi are a thing in Legends. There are 2 types of "Gray Jedi", one is usually someone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with the Council, he/she still uses the light side of the force but they aren't your orthodox Jedi. Someone like Qui-Gon Jinn is a great example of this. The 2nd is someone who uses both light and dark side of the force, the biggest example of this type of Gray Jedi is obviously Revan.

This ungoing "war" is war for balance between the Lightside and the Darkside. As the force permiates all living things, it stands to reason it has certain effects on it. As the Jedi are aligned to the Lightside and the Sith to the Darkside, and the Jedi are also aligned to the Republic, and the Sith to the Empire, the Republic and the Empire are really nothing more than 'pawns' in the cheese game between the Darkside and the Lightside that of course is always present and it's eternal [much like some might consider "nature" in real life]. Ergo, it seems to me to make perfect sense than the Republic and Empire are constantly getting dragged along in this ungoing struggle between the Darkside and the Lightside. - You align the Jedi with a 3rd faction and the Sith with a 4th faction, and you will see the Republic and the Empire much less interested in each other from than on. That the Jedi are affilatied with the Republic and the Sith with the SITH Empire, the constant ongoing friction between the Republic and the Sith Empire makes perfect, logical sense.

I do agree once again. It's an eternal clash of light and darkness. I'm not arguing against going back to the war, in fact I'm all for it. I loved KOTFE/KOTET but I would love for the Galactic War to have more of a spotlight as the last time we had it was KDY, every other conflict between the Republic and Empire for years has lead us to chase another conspiracy. So for me it's a win-win situation, if they were to keep expanding KOTFE/KOTET I wouldn't mind, if they are to give the Galactic War its spotlight again I wouldn't mind either.

The Republic and the Empire, that's all just collateral damage in the real war between the Lightside and the Darkside that is and will be eternal. It is because of this, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the ongoing wars between the Republic and the Empire that I want to go on for as long as possible in any Star Wars themed games.

Once again I do agree with you, I personally have no problem with the war having the spotlight again.

But that's just my opinion.

Indeed it is. Thanks for the talk though.

I find it funny that people hated Yuuzhan Vong so much, when that style of storytelling, the focus on descriptive writing of space battles, using different characters as viewpoints in each chapter a la GoT and long plot series, really began with NJO. Yes, X-wing did that too but it felt different. The stuff that came before were mostly scattered novels or short trilogies that tried to allude as much as possible to what happened in the movies, rather than trying something a bit different. They were new stories, but they felt like the same old story. Even Zahn acknowledged that was his purpose in the update to Heir. The stuff that came after NJO, like Legacy, Fate, Darth Plagueis, Traviss' Republic Commandos etc was in a similar vein to NJO as far as writing and characterization went, for good or bad [i personally thought it was a good change].

People may have hated the Yuuzhan Vong species, or the biotech aspect, but it's undeniable that the writing in the series itself changed the canon significantly from what it had been previously, basically just ghosts of the OT, into its own distinct creature. Whether it's canon or not is irrelevant; that writing is what led to the KOTORs and to this game, and into the new canon.

I, however enjoyed killing every companion I killed in a Dark Jaesa kind of way. It was something I always wanted to do , Quinn, the cat guy from the commando story can't even remember his name. And ever other companion I killed including Theron hope him and Koth never return. And the only reason Arcin is alive is because after playing it the first time and killing him found out I couldn't get his mom back as a companion if I wanted to kill him.

Ya the storys havent been as good as the original eight but they won't ever be again as there's no money from mommy EA to do that kind of thing.

BioWare got the same shafting Mythic did by selling out to EA

Two wrongs don't make a right, I do agree OP was misbehaving but when replying to these kind of threads I think it's important to keep civil.

I see. I personally loved the Yuuzhan Vong storyline, while I do agree with you Dark VS Light is one of the core of Star Wars I found the Vong to be quite an entertaining diversion from the usual Star Wars tropes. I also loved how the main characters now actually died and how that affected the storyline going forward, it's really fascinating to me but to each his own I guess. It's not irrelevant merely because it is no longer canon, if we're talking about SWTOR then this entire discussion is pointless as SWTOR itself is part of legends. And I loved the EU as well, I think Disney has been doing some interesting things but not enough for me to buy their canon products, I would give it a chance if they were to continue legends but that is a topic for another day.

Yes, I personally wouldn't mind a third faction with a criminal aspect to it. I do believe Charles Boyd mentioned in a livestream with one of the Bioware influencers how the game had started with 3 factions but it was downgraded to 2, it would've been interesting to see how things would've turned out with a criminal syndicate as the third faction.

I love the story but I do agree at times it can feel rushed, I personally feel extremely sad about this because I think KOTFE/KOTET with enough budget and development time could've been as great as vanilla SWTOR, if not a game of its own. Perhaps if someone were to adapt to a single-player game with proper side-quests, exploration of the new planets and etc it would've allowed for a proper pacing to the story.

Once again 2 wrongs don't make a right, in these kind of discussions try to remain civil. I think lowering yourself to to other person's level is not the answer here.

Yes I do agree, it's an eternal clash of light and dark.

Once again why are we bringing canon into a conversation that doesn't pertain to it? While indeed in canon from what little I know it doesn't seem to be the case Gray Jedi are a thing in Legends. There are 2 types of "Gray Jedi", one is usually someone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with the Council, he/she still uses the light side of the force but they aren't your orthodox Jedi. Someone like Qui-Gon Jinn is a great example of this. The 2nd is someone who uses both light and dark side of the force, the biggest example of this type of Gray Jedi is obviously Revan.

I do agree once again. It's an eternal clash of light and darkness. I'm not arguing against going back to the war, in fact I'm all for it. I loved KOTFE/KOTET but I would love for the Galactic War to have more of a spotlight as the last time we had it was KDY, every other conflict between the Republic and Empire for years has lead us to chase another conspiracy. So for me it's a win-win situation, if they were to keep expanding KOTFE/KOTET I wouldn't mind, if they are to give the Galactic War its spotlight again I wouldn't mind either.

Once again I do agree with you, I personally have no problem with the war having the spotlight again.

Indeed it is. Thanks for the talk though.

It really seems we agree more far more than disagree heh.

Ya know, and I hope I gave this proper emphasis, I have no issue with anyone for liking any storyline, popular or not, main stream or not, there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions and preferences.

I also agree with what your saying about being "the bigger person" and not meeting condescension with condescension , but truth be told I am very easily 'triggered' and thus fail miserably at being the bigger person heh. The wind can trigger me =p This is probably why I have found myself in trouble with the powers that be as often as I have!

I did want to make comment in support of something you said regarding the 'grey jedi'. I am aware of both of these definitions and yeah, I've head the example made about Qui-Gon being called a 'grey jedi' because the term was initially used [and i think from which sprung the misinterpretation ] as referring to a Jedi who was prone to breaking some rules or disobeying a ruling from the Jedi council. As Qui-Gon did in disobeying the Jedi council when they refused his request to train Anakin and as we all know of course, he did anyway.

Additionally, you are also right in stating that the game is not technically canon. I would however be suprised if it had free reign as the Lucas Arts Storyteller's Group has made aspects of parts of EU that were removed from canon canon again."The planet in question is Malachor V, renamed in "Star Wars Rebels" to Malachor. As the Knight of the Old Republic era of the "Star Wars" expanded universe timeline has been rendered obsolete, it seems showrunners have taken certain aspects of the game series and reworked them to fit into the current "Star Wars" universe."

I don't think we'll find any serious variances likely, and personally, I would consider force users capable of using both the light and darkside and not fall to the darkside ["grey jedi"] a large variance. Were that to be the case that would essentially mean the greatest force users of Star Wars [Yoda, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Valkorian,etc,] were essentially clueless in their understanding of the force. Yoda most of all [“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.”]

But, I'd be foolish in believing that there weren't some players who like such a premise, and while I don't care for it personally [truth be told, I hate it heh], even that I must respect is the right of any player to like it should that be their preference.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I, however enjoyed killing every companion I killed in a Dark Jaesa kind of way. It was something I always wanted to do , Quinn, the cat guy from the commando story can't even remember his name. And ever other companion I killed including Theron hope him and Koth never return. And the only reason Arcin is alive is because after playing it the first time and killing him found out I couldn't get his mom back as a companion if I wanted to kill him.

Ya the storys havent been as good as the original eight but they won't ever be again as there's no money from mommy EA to do that kind of thing.

BioWare got the same shafting Mythic did by selling out to EA

Scorpio was the only one I killed, I'm just too mellowed out these days to care, it's too late for me to kill companions I disliked years ago. And yup I kept Arcann for the same reason, even though I had to be nauseatingly polite to him ever after. Now I'm not sure it was worth it, I feel like I betrayed my own character for sparing him. Who cares if I have this name or that name on my list? I only ever use one.

I'm not really concerned with the theme of the next story, more so the writing. The writing for KOTET and the Traitor arc was just bad. If it's going to continue on that level, then I don't know.

This is my concern too. I'm happy to see the us against the ??? plot finally come to an end and look forward to something new with Jedi and Sith stirring the pot. But the writing has got to improve. It doesn't have to be all serious all the time. Light hearted moments, romance, all that makes for good fun, but no more cringe, please.

The thought of playing through kotfe/et even one more time makes me want to claw my eyes out. If I can play 6.0 without subjecting myself to that dull nightmare again I will stay around and see if there is any story worth following or any worthy replacements for all the lost companions. If not I wont. I am very sad about all the companions I lost when I foolishly started the first kotfe chapter with several toons, but its just not worth the slog to get them back. Especially not as pod people.

I have many fond memories of SWTOR, especially that first year playing as an OP healer/dps hybrid operative with Orbital Strike. After that was taken away and ops got drastically nerfed combat wasnt that much fun anymore. So I turned to RP, but my rp guild died with that bizarre traitorous Theron plotline which caused half the guild to quit and the other half to finally follow them over to their new MMO. The last half year or so Ive done nothing much beyond logging on once a month to spend my cartel coins. I had a brief moment of fun when Vector finally returned, but that lasted all of 2 minutes. And then he was pod person like the rest. Sigh. Thanks for the memories, I guess. :(

....I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, ......... I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.

So, you're sick of doing Rep vs Emp and also sick of non-Rep vs Emp stuff like Iokath?

Just what is it you'd like to do?

Iokath is rep vs emp? :confused:

Yes sort of - we're forced to pick a side but it's not entirely back to the original fight pre kotfe.

I was more concerned that 5.10 turns us back into an intergalactic lackey in which no-one respects our power and new npcs who will be lording it over us when they should be grovelling at our feet. It's going to be exactly that :(

Yes sort of - we're forced to pick a side but it's not entirely back to the original fight pre kotfe.

I was more concerned that 5.10 turns us back into an intergalactic lackey in which no-one respects our power and new npcs who will be lording it over us when they should be grovelling at our feet. It's going to be exactly that :(

Sorry my mind went blank. I forgot about the traitor arc.

Yeah it does sound like we're going to be forced to choose between the Empire or Republic. So I guess this is the end of the Alliance. Three years we've been on this and all it took was one rushed story to ruin it.