Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

MandFlurry

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the Alliance burns to ash as Valkorion hinted in a way that it will never be reminded to me in 6.0. Hopefully, that will be the case in 5.10. I even want its memory to extinguish with everthing in KOTFE/ET. And then, I hope they will return the rest of the companions in 5.10.x(s) before 6.0. and we will be able to choose companions we want to keep without a limit in the beginning of 6.0. if we played KOTFE/ET. So, if anyone wants to keep all of them, fine! You want to keep your old crew, fine too! This way, everyone can safely skip the cringefest KOTFE/ET in a way that makes sense. The only thing that is worthy of reminiscence is that the Emperor is no more anyway.

So, will I shed tears for things going to Imp vs. Rep.? NO! NO! NO!

If the story keeps getting worse and worse as it has been, in writing.. not idea or main arc basis, but it's presentation (obviously an opinion) I likely will not get more than one character through it. I will obviously try and play it msyelf to get a decent view of how good or bad it will be, doesn't mean I'll like it.

I have 11 characters sitting at the end of KotET, finished chapter 9. More characters not started KotFE yet as I'm waiting to see where this part of the story goes before bothering. but only 5 of those 11 characters started the latest flashpoint trio, and only 2 made it to the end of Nathema as the story line dropped in quality, majorly imo. Not to mention the flashpoints are long (the first 2 anyway, I really enjoyed Nathema's one itself).

I guess I lost interest in playing once I had to wait 3-4 months for a flashpoint three times in a row, lol. Hopefully they release more then a flashpoints' worth of story this time around.

Edited by Asmodesu

Well I drank their empire vs republic kool aid, I'm happy to get back to that stuff. I'm not sure how it's possible now, though. No one could possibly be any more powerful or in charge than my character is at this point. Who's going to to give me my missions? Will reality flip inside out and I'll stand around on Korriban handing out missions to newbie sith or what?

Anyway I'm not really worried about it. I feel as though my characters have already been damaged by kotfeet or whatever, the situation can't get worse. I don't mean this to sound angsty or snarky either, I'm very interested in how they'll pull it off.

I do hope, however, that we'll have greater choice in what companions we have with us this time. I liked both Lana and Theron at the beginning of kotfe but grew to resent both of them by the end of it. My preference is that I either have the companion of my choice with me at all times (and by necessity stay mostly silent) or that I go through the story alone. I don't want anyone "installed" as my bffs this time. I think that's my one request.

I've seen no reason to get invested in what bioware is trying to do here.

Their story writing and area design has really just taken a turn for the worst ever since the beginning of KOT** and pretty much the same for everything after those expansions including iokath, umbra and copera. The way bioware has currently been trying to write us back in that go no where hole of Rep vs Emp with shallow choices for either has simply been nothing short of a complete joke.

Given how bad things are currently, bioware will have to do something amazing and really hit their content out of the park for story, quality and quantity and that includes everything from conquest, FP, OPS and PvP. A solid expansion and a complete turn around from the junk they have been producing. Otherwise it will be entirely something worth skipping.

Edited by Quraswren

I couldn't care less if the story is Imp vs pub or Alliance vs the galaxy, just as long as it's a good solid story that respects the older stories and established characters, something that FE/ET fell very short on.

Having a lot of alts will let me pick and choose who progresses into 5.10 and beyond. If the story seems lame, I'll make a new one and skip everything so I have a fresh face to see what is there without ruining older characters. Otherwise I'll pick and chose depending on how relationships play out. My FE/ET characters have all either been level token characters or DvL speed run characters and that worked out pretty well for me.

I mainly returned because i heard empire vs republic is coming back next expansion, i really never enjoyed the whole "lets unite against le common enemy trope" since it makes factions irrelevant and a big part of mmorpg pvp is factions existing and being at war

That sort of makes no sense logical sense, sense we have been fighting real life Wars that we always get behind since that dawn of mankind at as of the last 100 years, we have had the Great War=WW1 and then WW2.

I loved it, and it was very refreshing not to have the same 40+ year old stories, with exception the the New Republic Era novels and such. Hell, even in this era of Star Wars a Lot of Star systems will leave both the Republic and Empire because of the pathetic war mongering that doesn't end.

Edited by MandFlurry

Just thought i'd ask, as for me i have no reason to play such a stupid thing in my opinion, I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, and it makes me really sick and tired that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

Either it's me quitting the game, or just level my characters without doing anymore so-called story lines. I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.

FE and ET were a bust, it brought a new faction in the Zakuulans and your alliance is a minor rebellion to fight against the tyranny of their rule. in really doesn't matter though since even before and well after the few centuries the Zakuulans had, the Republic/Jedi and the Empire/Sith have risen to face each other and fight each other, the former tends to win all the time. this is what star wars is and will always be.

so this claim can be safely dismissed due to the fact it has been done and it proved unpopular. in fact this was forced on the community and the reason for the storyline in 6.0 going back to original factions is because there was a large enough amount of the community who wanted to go back.

The door is there if you don't like or want it. Threats of leaving are besides the point, you either do or you don't.

I will, definitely. I'm still in the hopes EA will do more for this game in terms of investing money, and that in real game content as opposed to the cheap and patheitc way they are so tied to since they find enough (way too many in my eyes) stupid victims in the customer base for this, aka "micro" transactions for more or less irrelevant pixel stuff/bs. Edited by Khaleg

I've never been fan of stories like FE/ET where the PC is the ultimate demigod of the universe to save the galaxy and everyone worships them... I'm happy going back to work under the Republic or Empire, like a normal (tho high ranking) citizen. I liked the story better when you weren't politically untouchable. I'm hoping to get a lot more cloak-and-dagger story quest most people would remain oblivious of, rather than announce everything I do trough the holonet like the I'd be the president of the galaxy.

Also, I'm subbing during non-content period now. Why would I stop subbing immediately when the game finally gets new content? So illogical lol

They've mentioned that they aren't doing chapters anymore. Charles mentioned that every future story update is planned to be in the style of Shadow of Revan.

This makes me unreasonably happy :>

Edited by Kiesu

You know the biggest trend / fashion in board gaming in the recent 10 years ?

Cooperative gaming.

Not war gaming.

Speaking of Wargaming.net makers of World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes...

Ever notice how Galactic Starfighter mode is basically World of Starships but every toon you have is like a new account.

So if you have 30 toons, it's like having 30 Wargaming.net accounts

Edited by Falensawino

There have been subsequently poor choices in this game's storywriting following Shadow of Revan. Where the writers had remarkable opportunity to develop something fantastic gameplay and storywise, they ended up ramping up the lever and created KoTFE / KoTET. OP indicates one of the problems, that the story sees the character advance and then get knocked when it's convenient for the next part of the story or to address the 'screaming'(as someone described it earlier) fans' desires for the Empire vs Republic war. It's gotten to a point where Bioware is beginning to deliver what people are crying for, but unfortunately the delivery has a tendency to be lacking in the story-telling aspect. Note that gamers have a sense of entitlement, there whine factor when something new releases and the outcry of 'nobody asked for this!!!', which may be a reason why the devs have are simply trying to do what the players want. I dislike this mentality, because they make the game and we play it, or input is necessary, but shouldn't dictate the general direction of the game. It's basic politics; offer people the shiny thing they cry for and they'll like you and maybe keep subbing.

I imagine that this is incredibly excruciating for the writers of this game, because whatever story they try to tell will be constricted by the players who demand something be the way they want it and the corporate who wants those players' cash. I can feel their pain just writing this.

I'm going to play the story, but because of the above I won't trick myself into having high expectations. Though I do hope that it proves me wrong.

I have my gripes with KoTFE / KoTET, but above all, I feel that their efforts to conclude it is probably some of the least entertaining storytelling they've done and it oozes with the forced intentions of knocking the Outlander down a peg and anyone can poke holes more easily in those stories than through a styrofoam boat. Personally, I don't think I can continue the story as the same character that I started off at level 1 with. It's beyond snow-flakey at this point and feels like bad anime, because there's only so many times a character can receive the glory of saving the galaxy and their faction. I'd rather that the story starting from KoTFE was a different character, because despite all KoTFE/TETs missed opportunities that'd make it flow so much better.

that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

ignoring the fact that KotFE/ET was their attempt and failure at a third-faction focus, what would you realistically have instead of the Empire or Republic? because there's really not a lot of feasible options in the timeframe the game is representing

anyway most of my decisions around being subscribed to this game are based primarily on factors outside of the very narrow story content so yeah I'm probably going to keep my sub running during 6.x, especially if this operations content they briefly mentioned in the last roadmap surfaces its head at a faster rate than GftM did

I’ll be playing it, though I wish we continued in our previous status, I’m interesed to see where the story goes from here. I liked a lot the last story of Nathema personally, sure another god like machine was meh, but I liked how it put everything else together. I think the idea from that story is that we still have our alliance, we are just going low profile for now, but I don’t think our status and recognition will go away. Also, those saying how it makes no sense your suddenly downgraded in power of the galaxy, thats how life works lol. Sometimes your on the top of the chain, then you go down at some point and have to climb again, life cycle. Also gotta keep in mind the amount of years its been throughout these stories.

Im also looking forward to meet new characters.

Depends on how they do it. My agent has no love for the empire so when she got the choice to support the republic she did so depending on how they handle that maybe.

I would prefer staying with the Alliance for some of my characters I.E. My sorceress loves being a empress so she would not be happy giving that up and having to answer to the empire again.

The others not sure so as I say it depends on how they do it and how they incorporate the choices I have made (my agent specifically) .

What was boring and "unintelligent" was condensing 8 unique class stories into a single epic hero journey with the same binary choices and a few class origin recognition moments throughout. At least under the faction conflict model there was room for more variety in how the core class archetypes approached their place in the Galaxy. My agent really must be the best damn operative in the history of espionage if he can disappear back into the shadows after sitting on the Eternal throne as the head of an interstellar superpower.

I am prepared to accept some contrivance and expedience under the studio's present constraints if it means my main can go back to being Dark Lord and Darth Imperius before this game enters its sunset period.