Quesh Difficulty Needs Examined

Caelib

Quesh ? I was 37 Scoundrel and did it easily. :confused:

If the quest of the 2 golden boss is hard for you, just sleep one and pull the other with Corso ???

Was 38 on Hoth and I am now 40 for Belsavis. I was always underlevel and never had difficulties with orange and red quests.

Edited by krispera

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a tank pet? Best way I've seen is use the tank pet and hit the boss as hard and as fast as you can, interupting any healing spells, make sure you use the best gear you can get on you and your compantion and use the best stim, adrenal and med pack. If you still fail then maybe this isnt the mmo you are looking for because if you find anything I have done so far in this game (i goto the eternity vault sunday for the first time) then you are just turning this game and this genre into a joke.

Please, go play something else rather than try to convince devs to make this stuff easier.

Hello, I guess you missed the part where I said that I had no other problems with Quesh. As a matter of fact, I soloed two other level 37 elites on the planet no problem (with my tank pet, stims, and geared out, thank you very much).

ONE NPC IS BUGGED -- Captain Jesh. He does about three times more damage than the other level 37 elite bosses on the planet, and he is level 36. If that equates to you my asking the game to be made easier, you've got some serious problems and should not be looking for video games to heal them.

Edited by Cedia

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

Damn I'm about to fly there next on my main.

For the Sage, Aldaraan made a bit of a leap in difficulty. Before that it was a nice steady pace.

Quesh made another leap - the Attis Station (class storyline, lvl 37) was impossible as a Seer/Healer spec. I had to ask a lvl 45 Knight to help me. I was a little disappointed because I was under the impression the class storyline could be solo'ed. Instead, it was tedious after 4 days of trying every way possible. I respecing my skill tree twice and upgraded my gear, but still had to ask that lvl 45 Knight to come in and help me do my own class storyline!

The next planet, Belsavis, kind of leveled out a bit. But still had a few things to test the player (rightly so!)

Now I'm level 44. I'm on Voss, which seems to have taken another leap, and I'm not really enjoying it. It has a level range of 44 - 47, yet the class story begins with a Force-user boss at level 45 and all the side quests I find are 45 - 46, making it a grind to level up so I can continue my class story. PvP and Space combat only goes so far!

Even more annoying is, due to the difficulty and regular deaths, I'm spending majority of my money (between 3k and 9k each time!) on armor repair when I should be saving for Speeder Piloting Rank 2.

On top of all that, over the past couple of days, there have been some laggy terrains, disappearing and reappearing mods. It doesn't make things any easier!

Edited by rob_lucas

Hello, I guess you missed the part where I said that I had no other problems with Quesh. As a matter of fact, I soloed two other level 37 elites on the planet no problem (with my tank pet, stims, and geared out, thank you very much).

ONE NPC IS BUGGED -- Captain Jesh. He does about three times more damage than the other level 37 elite bosses on the planet, and he is level 36. If that equates to you my asking the game to be made easier, you've got some serious problems and should not be looking for video games to heal them.

Agreed! Since my previous post, I have finished Quesh and moved on to Hoth. Jesh was the only problem I had on Quesh. The rest of the planet was more than reasonable. Hoth so far is the same (though MAN that glare off the snow is TOO realistic! Hurts the eyes lol!). I lucked out and encountered a Sentinel that also needed Jesh and he went down like a rock with two of us. Again, he doesn't need any huge nerf (and nothing else on Quesh that I saw needs ANY change at all) but as Cedia says, he was doing at least 3x the damage to Corso that higher level elites and champions were doing. I still came close on one attempt and I could see a dps toon with a healing comp maybe having an easier time. Or even a good tank pc with a healing comp.

Damn I'm about to fly there next on my main.

It's not THAT bad. One quest mob named Captain Jesh is the only problem. The rest of the planet is more than reasonable. And depending upon your server population you might just need to group with someone for Jesh. With two pc's and their comps he's easy. As for the other fight that I've seen some people complain about, as another poster suggested, just CC one of the elites and then fight the other. If you don't have a CC then it might be a challenge.

The Attis station consular quest on Quesh is a rather tricky one. It's probably the first time you run into groups of 3 strong or 1 elite/2 strong that isn't a heroic quest. But it's certainly doable at level, in a variety of ways.

As a tank-specced Shadow with Tharan Cedrax as a healing companion, it was a matter of mazing the right one, then focussing on one other and interrupting whenever needed. 'Deploy Holiday' is a brilliant skill to let Tharan use, as it interrupts when yours is on cooldown, and it can take the second mob out of the fight for a bit while you focus on the first.

Which mob you cc can have a big impact on the difficulty of the group. Invariably, cc-ing the sith with the lightning storm and leaving him for last makes your life a lot easier.

I didn't need the wall devices for the damage reduction (in fact, I didn't even realise that's what they did till after I cleared the room), but those are also a great way if you're not a tank.

Having to plan my pulls and ccs is something I really like, so while this quest was definately a jump up from what went before in the class quests, it was certainly doable and very enjoyable.

(Unlike the trooper final class quest on Ord Mantell, which hit me like a ton of bricks at level and made the medbot very rich :p)

I found it to be one of the easiest planets and I went there 1 lvl below the planet recommended.

Your doing something wrong or wearer lvl 10 kit :p

Agreed, for the most part. Captain Jesh can be a challenge for certain AC's and I think that is where most of the complaints are from. The planet as a whole though is quite reasonable and I breezed through as well (frankly, I thought portions of Alderaan and Balmorra were tougher). When Corso is barely scratched by a lvl 38 champion yet two minutes later 2 shot by a lvl 35 champion, something besides the player is a little off there! lol.

So far I have not encountered anything difficult in solo content.

Though, because of my compulsive need to do all quests on a planet, I hit 50 on Voss and haven't done a quest that wasn't green since Balmora.

Edited by Yfelsung

I think the guy who said it may be a problem with certain trees in a couple of ac might have hit the nail on the head. For example, at L40 i still can't complete many of the final fights in Quesh. yet I found Hoth to be a breeze and haven't had a lick of trouble on Bel either.

Not sure how you balance all that out though if you're BW.

The people who keep saying 'doing it wrong' or 'learn to play' are narrow minded tools. Specifically for shadows, this planet's difficulty is ridiculously high even with proper gear and strategy. Being at level 41 and not being able to advance in the consular questline when all the enemies are 4-6 levels beneath you is a joke. Teaming up is about the only way a more casual player would be able to get through this... but of course for most people that's impossible because of server traffic and how few people seem to be on planet at once.

I definitely found it harder than earlier planets.

Of course, that might have something to do with Commandos being the only AC without an interrupt...the exact same interrupt mechanic the Dev said they design the fights to require.

As a Jedi Knight (Guardian) I just finished the class quest “The Sand Demon’s Lair”. I wiped five times I think, coming within mere scratches of killing that elite. But each time, I fell short. I tried a variety of ways and means, different tactics and strategies but nothing seemed to work.

So I gave up, and drugged up. Which is what you told us to do. Instead of being the ready and capable hero, a master of his own destiny, I just became a drug users and took a battle stim. And I popped a medpac, though I probably didn’t have to. But I was so resigned, so defeated, I just couldn’t face the idea of doing that fight over again - I just wanted it done. And my victory lap as I headed out that cave? I literally ran with my head down over the keyboard, continually rethinking the fight and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do instead of taking stims.

I don’t feel like a hero. I feel like a cheater. A stim is a cheat. A medpac is a cheat. I didn’t defeat that bloody sand demon myself, I relied upon cheats to get myself through the fight and feel no pride at my accomplishment.

And most importantly, I don’t feel like a hero.

S

Don't feel bad, I just went and got a Smuggler to help me. Though I didn't use stims or medpacs as a result.

Captain Jesh is bugged to hell. No other problems on the planet so far.

Level 39 Gunslinger here, no way I can kill him. He is level 36!!!

I just took down a level 37 elite in my class quest and ended up with Corso and myself with half health.

I repeat, Captain Jesh is a level 36 elite mob. He is green to me. I cannot kill him. He has a single target insta-cast damage skill that takes down half of Corso's health in one shot, and he spams that thing.

This seriously needs to be looked at.

I was a level 38 Sentinel and I had problems with Jesh too. He must have killed me 7 times before I got lucky and killed him. I did my best to interrupt his casts but I was still loosing. I had to use cloak to drop aggro and let Doc heal me and them jump back in before Doc died. If I wasn't quick enough Doc died, if I jumped in too early, I died. It took me a while before I got it right. I don't think I used call on the force when I killed him because I had used it on my previous attempt. Anyway, he's definitely too tough to be a level 36 elite. Even a level 36 Champion shouldn't that tough.

Edited by JerokTalram

I definitely found it harder than earlier planets.

Of course, that might have something to do with Commandos being the only AC without an interrupt...the exact same interrupt mechanic the Dev said they design the fights to require.

Don't Commando have Stock hit or whatever it's called? I know my Vanguard has it and I didn't think it was AC specific.

I ran Quesh with my level 39 Scoundrel yesterday and the difficulty seemed about right except for one boss...

you know it's coming...

wait for it...

Captain Jesh.

The difficulty in his fight was way too high. He killed me four times before I gave up, and none of my battle plans had any hint of success. The closest I got to killing him was when I got him down to about 1/3 health by tossing aggro back and forth between me and Corso. I asked in the chat about to beat him. The response? "Bring a buddy."

Dude i have the same problem im lvl 37 scoundrel no matter what i do i get him to about 1/3 hp that mofo hits straight 1ks on me

I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

:eek::eek::eek:

What class are you playing? I facerolled that planet.

Is your gear up to par? and your companions?... try carrying some stims and medspacks... Sometimes you just have to kill the 2 none elites and RUN! (sacrifice your companion if necc, he/she can be resummoned) Comeback and finish the elite.

I don't wanna sound condescending but -4 levels?? Come on. They're gonna miss quite a bit with you being a +4 to them.

Seems like an obvious answer and the first thing that came to my mind. Imagine needing to find a group in an MMO.

Crazy huh?

Except that my server is dead so unless I'm lucky enough to have one of the other 12 or 13 players on the planet willing to help, it's basically a single player game with a monthly fee.