Quesh Difficulty Needs Examined

Caelib

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same problem, but at a much, much lower level. I'm a Sith Warrior and I have to slay the beast of Marka Ragnos (I believe thats the name), and although it's the same level as me, I've died repeatedly to it. Also the pathway there is way too dangerous without a group member. I totally agree with your statement.

Edit: It was actually my fault, I was retarded and forgot about my health packs in bag, but still the monster was my level.

On most of my characters, I hit a planet at the exact required level. But on my SI for some reason I am always a level or two behind recommended. I hit Quesh at two levels below the bottom. I had to be careful and did die a few times, but pretty much made it through without a lot of problems except for this quest (beast of Marka Ragnos). It was simply a question of not having the horse power to take the elite down. Unfortunately, you are stuck and can't go any further (pick up next quests in the line) until you do. I finally had to go to Hoth (then three levels below the minimum) and quest until I popped a level and upgrade my gear.

I then went back to Quesh and tried the quest again. It took three tries but I finally got the bugger. The fights at that point were frustrating because each time before the last we both got down to about one to two hundred health points, I would hit him enough (before he hit me) to kill him, and yet for some reason I still died and he reset at 100%. The last fight, that I won, I was at about 500HP when I made the last hit on him. Again my HPs then dropped a few hundred points for no decernable reason (no dots on me at any time), but remained above zero so I stayed alive and he stayed deadd.

So now back to Hoth still a level or two under recommended. Quesh is tough, especially compared to what came before it, but in some ways is a fun challenge.

My own experience is that the questing on the classes that I have played is somewhat challenging throughout, but fun and doable. I can't just cakewalk through most quests. I do find that the questing in swtor is flawed in one sense. It seems that each planet (and class) has one or two quests that are a level above the others in difficulty and can be a problem for some. Yet the questing is so linear and chained (with no options or alternatives) that those quests can stall you out and stop you in your tracks with nowhere to go and nothing to do until you get them.

Some people have recommended doing the really tough quests with a partner. I have been leveling a JC with my wife (also a JC we look like Donny and Marie) because she is brand new to gaming and mmo's and it is a fun experience and makes the questing (and the few two person heroics that we have done) much fun. I have been leveling a Smuggler on her account and hit a quest on Tatooine that I could not do. I am not sure of the name, but it is the one where you are in a cave with an elite boss and a Jedi and Sith (who battle it out). Once the Sith was killed, I just could not kill the boss. I hit it with everything I had and it kept healing and it's health stayed at about 80% no matter what I did. I think that I was at level 28 or 29 at the time. I finally had her log on as my trooper at level 30 and we went after the boss as a team. We brought the boss down in about twenty seconds. We ended up doing more damage than it could heal through. So on those impossible quests or fights (and they exist for most players from time to time), get help. As a last comment, if I see someone asking for help in chat, I will respond if possible (if you ae in a guild ask for help there) and there are others who will as well.

I'm sorry but i think you need to reevaluate what your doing wrong. If you are 4 levels above, you should be breezing through. I hope your not one of those who don't summon their companion because that would be sad.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

• 3 weeks later...
Quesh is generally pretty breezy with my level 41 Scoundrel, but like many in this thread, Captain Jesh (mid-mission boss in a Republic quest) kicks my butt, and it's not all that close. The guy is wickedly hard for a level 37 elite. He constantly throws out massive DoTs that are difficult to keep up with, and fast enough where I eventually have my interrupting abilities on cooldown or am too busy trying to heal/put out poor burning Corso. I've had an easier time fighting champions than I do against him. Edited by dizzyMongoose

I'm sorry but i think you need to reevaluate what your doing wrong. If you are 4 levels above, you should be breezing through. I hope your not one of those who don't summon their companion because that would be sad.

There are a few places where mobs are either bugged or just hit exceptionally hard in melee.

You probably won't notice this on a ranged class, or even a melee class with lots of CC, on one without either though they can be diabolical for their level.

• 4 weeks later...
Quesh is generally pretty breezy with my level 41 Scoundrel, but like many in this thread, Captain Jesh (mid-mission boss in a Republic quest) kicks my butt, and it's not all that close. The guy is wickedly hard for a level 37 elite. He constantly throws out massive DoTs that are difficult to keep up with, and fast enough where I eventually have my interrupting abilities on cooldown or am too busy trying to heal/put out poor burning Corso. I've had an easier time fighting champions than I do against him.

So true, so true. Captain Jesh's DoT ticks for 3/4 of my life before it's over. I'm only 1 level below him and CC one of the droids. My problem is that I can't interrupt his DoT nearly enough. With just one interrupt and Force Leap (which just stops the cast, but doesn't silence at all), I stop two casts before he's able to freely cast. Since running away from the reticule means nothing, I get hit by fire bomb and die. He is entirely too overtuned for his level. He definitely needs an adjustment.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

You need to examine how you're going about playing this game, because you're absolutely doing something, most likely MANY things wrong

Dude, i fricken finished Hoth and i am not even lvl 39 yet. Quesh is ez mode. Maybe you are doing something wrong? If i can take a champion on my own and live, you should at least be able to take on elites.

Edit: my SI is now lvl 38, freshly arrived on Belsavis, can't wait to start killing.

Edited by Red_Vs_Blue

Please look into it.

I just did my class quest a week or so ago, and I was lvl 35 (dinged 36 doing one of them).

Jedi Knight, Guardian.

I do a lot of pvp and not a lot of pve, most of the times I get to a zone and the mobs are green to me. Quesh is one of my favorite maps. Its simple to navigate easy to remember where you are going.

About mobs, there are a few champions/elites there which heal. The champion on the raised platform near the second taxi comes to mind. He was green to me but very difficult to beat with my tank. Not much of a problem with my dps or heal classes. (I've solo'd this guy with 4 different toons.)

As a tank with low dps, you must interrupt each and every heal.

The other mobs which come to mind are the pairs of elites in the building next to him. The biologists and jedi's. The jedi's have a big dot and the biologists have a big heal. Focus on the healer, interrupt each of their heals and then use your defensive moves on the jedi.

As an operative, I would sleep dart the jedi and kill the bio. As an assassin, I would mez the jedi. As a jug, I would force push and leap the bio to put space between me and the jedi. I would then backhand, force choke as filler when my interrupt was on cooldown to prevent the bio from healing.

As a bh healer, I helped torian dps on the bio while i healed him.

When it was two jedi and one bio, I died a few times on some of the toons. However, I made sure I killed the bio first so it was just a two man fight the next time.

As far as groups go, my server does not have a lot of people. Frequently I have been the only other toon in quesh or perhaps one of three on the planet.

Please look into it.

Stop complaining because if they change this people will complain that the game is "far too easy" like they already are.

It only gets worse. Quesh is nothing. Wait till you get to Voss and have to kill these elite cyborg beasts that can pretty much two shot you or which ever pet you may have.

Just pimp out your healer pet (unless youre a healer yourself) and cross your fingers. No other way around it, specially if youre a DPS class.

I get the impression the OP was a consular. Here's the deal, his issue is with that specific quest, not the planet. The class quest for consular takes you to a story zone with groups of multiple silvers and golds. They key that is VERY easy to overlook is that in that room, there are devices to click that will hugely reduce damage taken. It's not obvious at all, but that's what you are supposed to do. Quesh is fine.

I did not know that. I guess I should have explored some more rather than stepping through the quest that is giving me trouble although I am not sure that I have seen that anywhere before to my level and it is not obvious.

I went throung Quesh twice on different characters a few levels below recommended and had no problem although the fights are a little more challenging. I am not that good of a player. After finishing Quesh, I had to come back on my SI for a class quest and had problems. The class quest had multiple silvers and gold in groups. Again no problem for most of the quest. But at one point near the end, you have to click on something and a gold appears (melee) and I have not been able to beat it yet. I have had two occasions where I was at about 100 health and it was at zero and I died (combat system is still messed up in swtor). I just thought that I would up my gear a little or pop a level and try the class quest again. I am also leveling another SI (heals on this one) with my wife as a SW and we are 30 now, so a few levels on her toon from now, I can bring her along and breeze through the quest.

It seems to me that most of the questing in swtor is doable at or slightly below level, but every so often you run into one that is a bear for the class that you are playing. I greatly believe that if you are stalled out, get help. If at all possible, I will answer a call for help in chat. A few days ago, a JK put out a call for a class quest on Tatooine that had him stymied. Two people showed up (me and one other) and the three of us breezed though it. LOL, the only problem if found with Quesh is that most of the time that I was there there were between 1 and 3 players on the entire planet.

It depends on the class. Went through quesh on my Merc and it was a breeze...did it on my Sorc and felt like the difficulty was off.

There was a noticeable jump in mob difficulty and the strength of hits as soon as my sorc hit quesh.

There is more to it than L2P.

Edited by Saurakk

You guys realize you're replying to a thread that was started back in December? Besides, the OP has supposedly quit and has posted a half hour rant on Youtube explaining his reasons. lol

This. Rage at the necro thread lol.

You guys realize you're replying to a thread that was started back in December? Besides, the OP has supposedly quit and has posted a half hour rant on Youtube explaining his reasons. lol

Not to mention that his entire point was irrelevant anyways. In this game, sudden spikes in difficulty are an illusion. Sure, specific encounters may be difficult for a particular class / companion combo, but the only difference between Voss Monster "A" and Coruscant Gangster "B" is a number. Aside from aesthetics, that is.

Kill weak mobs first. Use your interrupts and CC abilities. Work on content in your level range. No planet will prove to be more difficult than the last.

And if it does, you have some major gear issues. While leveling, I try not to hold onto anything for more than 6-10 levels, and even that is a stretch.

Bored, wandering around the forums. I will say that if the op was playing a jedi consular then there is a class quest on quesh I remember having mobs consisting of 2 strongs and an elite. There are consoles in the room you're apparently supposed to activate to make the fights much easier but whenever I tried to interact with them nothing happened. So if it bugs out it is very difficult to solo.

Bored, wandering around the forums. I will say that if the op was playing a jedi consular then there is a class quest on quesh I remember having mobs consisting of 2 strongs and an elite. There are consoles in the room you're apparently supposed to activate to make the fights much easier but whenever I tried to interact with them nothing happened. So if it bugs out it is very difficult to solo.

I remember that quest being seriously hard with a healer sage as Quzen would invariably die or I would die micromanaging him.

With some dread I enter the area with my shadow tank alt. He had no problems at all.

I blame the NPC tanks. They are underpowered and their stupidity has more consequences.

• 10 months later...
Quesh isnt hard, the planet itself is perfectly challenging for the appropriate lvl..........that being said, the only part of Quesh that really needs to be fixed is Cpt Jesh, even with interrupts hes a pain, well actually they only thing they need to nerf is that fire aoe ability, and even then it would be fine if he wasn't able to use it every 2 seconds, thats what makes him hard, an ability that strong should have a longer cooldown=P:confused: