Quesh Difficulty Needs Examined

Caelib

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

I'm having the same problem, but at a much, much lower level. I'm a Sith Warrior and I have to slay the beast of Marka Ragnos (I believe thats the name), and although it's the same level as me, I've died repeatedly to it. Also the pathway there is way too dangerous without a group member. I totally agree with your statement.

Edit: It was actually my fault, I was retarded and forgot about my health packs in bag, but still the monster was my level.

Edited by ultimatesjk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is waaay too hard as I have hard time as well soloing on Tatooine, Balmorra and Alderaan even when you five or six levels above the mobs you fighting!!!! Something wrong with your game when you in this situation.....it's called failed mathematics and failed class balancing

They simply cannot balance classes in this game without making the pve game a total faceroll,...but here is the kicker,....nobody in history of mmo's can do it either. WoW has somewhat balanced the classes in pve but the pve game is a complete faceroll soloing

In this game some classes have an easy time soloing while others do not. Being five or six lvls above mobs and having a hard time is a clear indication that something is horribly imbalanced.....and that is certain classes

I mean what am I and others gonna do when we get to lvl 45? When you gotta be five or six or more levels above the mobs you fighting in order to kill them!!??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

What is at odds in pve mmo gaming is RANGE and MELEE....they both simply cannot be balanced

Edited by Jetsunz

I'm a scoundrel and recall the difficulty on my first visit to quesh seemed a bit more of a jump I was used to, and I couldn't complete a couple of q's.

I went away for a days play, burned thru some bonus missions I thought I could skip and gained a level.

In the time away from quesh I also learned a new way of playing my heal speccd character that REALLY changed my playstyle. I've played and dev'd mmo's since the beginning, im a stats geek and usually if i say i know a class inside out, its a safe bet i know it pretty well. I'm not ashamed to say that i took a day out, messed about and learned an entirely new way to play... On my return to quesh those quests were a cake walk.

Same gear. Same companion. Just +1 level and a different approach. I know the natural response to hearing L2P is "shutup, i know how to play..." but sometimes even the best of us could stand to learn a trick or two.

Quesh is hard... But tbh i think only in that it stands firmly astride one of those lines that demarcates being able to excell through mindless button mashing and being able to do well because you truely understand your build, your skills andthe most effective way to employ them.

Edited by Cytheria

ive lvl 4 chars to 50 and ive noticed that when you hit quesh it hits you back with a vengence, the cakewalk is over but after a while you also kick it up a gear. quesh forces you to snap out of thinking you can walk through every pack like its butter.

Nothing wrong with it getting harder, adapt or die.

I'm a lvl 39 consular. I've got all my skill points in the seer tree.

I've not had to much trouble with quesh so far (but I haven't done much yet either) except for with this one mob in "extracting the scientist". Whatever I try, I can't seem to beat Jesh.

I've tried with all my companions, I simply can't get past him. At one point I didn't even try to kill him, just healed myself all the time and interrupted when I could. He still killed me just before I ran out of force. When I'm in a group, ppl often make remarks about how much I heal.

I've looked for a group, but haven't had any luck so far. I've never seen more than 6 ppl on Quesh.

Now, there are consulars that got to the next planet and I cannot believe they all just skipped him, so obviously he can be beaten.

My question to other seers out there who have beaten him: How did you do it?

I'm actually looking for "learn how to play noob"-like reactions, but the kind that is slightly more informative than simply "learn how to play noob".

If anyone can help me, I would be much obliged.

Igaduma

I just found Quesh boring and its colour palette made my eyes bleed, but I didn't find it particularly difficult.

I just went back to Quesh as a Level 42 Sentinel...Jesh still kicks my butt. I just ran through Hoth...not issues. Jesh is messed up....

Seriously? Quesh takes like 2 hours and it' all piss easy.

Stop sucking badly!

BTW.. At level 40 pretty much every class should be using a healing companion. Seriously a decent geared healer companion makes a ton of difference. They're both tank and healer.

Edited by Shuno

I've done quesh on Jugg (tank), IA (healer), BH (merc dps) and I haven't noticed any ramp up in the degree of difficulty. So if there is an issue, it doesn't affect those classes. So far I've found Quesh to be a "blink and you miss it" planet.

Seems people are forgetting that companions aren´t there just for looks..

you have to gear whichever companion you´re using and all content is pretty much faceroll.

Seriously...complaining about pve questing difficulty?? What more can folks whine about...

Could it be that the planet is harder for some classes? I don't need to L2P (as this is the general constructive comment from some) as my P is just fine. However I still felt it was a big difference in difficulty from previous planets. Those of you who felt no change and had no problem pls post what chars you have.

It has nothing to do with what class others play. It has something to do with you adapting to the fight at hand. Adapt and overcome. So yes, l2p.

I did all quests, accept HC's, alone to lvl 50.

In this game some classes have an easy time soloing while others do not. Being five or six lvls above mobs and having a hard time is a clear indication that something is horribly imbalanced.....and that is certain classes
While it is likely that some classes find some encounters easier than other classes do, not being able to kill mobs 6 levels below you is a clear indication that you are doing something wrong:

1. Do both you and your companion have current-level "good" gear in all slots? If your gear is 10 levels old, you are seriously gimping yourself. Tank companions need good armor (even better than yours) -- DPS and healer companions can make good use from stat increases.

2. Do you have the right companion for your playstyle? Maybe one of your other companions might make a better partner -- switch out a dps for a tank if he is being hit too hard, for example.

3. Does the mob have special abilities? Are you watching for them and interrupting? Are you using your CC abilities most effectively? Sometimes you have to step back and reassess your tactics. Maybe instead of wading into the horde of mobs, you should hold back and let your companion do it this time.

4. Are you using consumables? Stims, adrenals, med packs are all very helpful in surviving a battle. Even if you don't have biochem, you can buy many of these at many npc vendors. If companion effectiveness is an issue, you can help a lot with +presence stims and med unit medpacks (heal you and your companion).

That all said, there are some particular encounters (like the "scientist" encounter mentioned above, and that healer guy in the Alderaan bonus series) that can be really tough. Sometimes the answer is to just get someone to help. Those encounters, however, are very few, and except for the class ones (*cough* lightspring *cough*) you can just walk away and do something else.

If you are around level 40, you can almost certainly get a good upgrade at the PVP armor and weapons dealers on the fleet, no matter what you are currently wearing. You will need to do some Warzones to get commendations, though. Edited by sjmc

I tried a DPS spec and noticed an massive increase in difficulty. My character was getting smashed and even with my OP healing companion fights were still hard. If a strong pat managed to mingle into a 1 strong 2 weak comp I was screwed.

Playing as a tank things are MUCH easier PvE wise. PvP sucks as a tank though.

There's a couple of mob types that just destroy you if you're a certain class/spec on Quesh, it's very strange.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

Dont demand Bioware to change things that dont need change please.

Ask for help (what a concept), millions of people got through it just fine and will point you in the right direction for success. .