HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

You had better NOT.

I am in complete opposition to this and I don't care what anyone else says or thinks on this topic.

Sub rewards are just that SUB rewards. But more than that all SUB rewards and a lot of One Time Event rewards have a time and a place component which is just as important to me (and a lot of others), it shows we were there and the older that "there" was the better.

You will have a epic backlash if you mess with this from some of your most loyal customers.

You had better "note" this....

Agreed!!!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went huh? And then realized, oh it's a rather tantalizing bug. But seriously, we could use new subscriber rewards, not old ones, cause that will make a lot of people mad, but new ones. Like a "I miss Theron" tee shirt for our characters...just kidding. :D

P.S. But really, I would like that.

I am glad this is being looked at. I, of course, am 100% in support of bringing these sub rewards back. Of course, i do benefit. I'm not going into a long discourse to justify my position or counter others at this time. Simply not worth it and wont change either sides position.

I do believe those opposed positions are, at this point, irrelevant and mostly a desire to retain exclusivity. You can throw the word entitlement to both sides of the argument. I will say, and i do hope im wrong, that i dont foresee any future major expansions that would generate any future significant subscriber rewards.

There are likely a significant number of players willing to purchase access to these rewards. I know I will spend money, cartel coins for Shae and HK55 if made available again.

-Ashur

Well I don't care if they offer those companions on the cartel market provided they offer all the companions even the ones that were not subscriber companions so that everyone can get the companion they want, whether it is from a sub reward or some other way and maybe that way everyone will get the companion they want whether it is the stupid gamorrean companion to HK or any other one.

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

Keep the droid if you must, but pleeeease with cherry on top, the chapter would be very nice. Joined the game two months late to qualify.

If you offer the HK-stuff for cheaper than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

If you offer the HK-stuff for the same or more expensive than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

Offer them as sub reward again?

Add two or three months on top of what it was for the first time to keep original owners with a better deal.

Or change reward system all together.

Edited by juliushorst

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

And what about the interest in keeping these time-limited and exclusive subscriber rewards NOT being able to be earned again?

I knew as soon as I saw this glitch that the entitleds would be out in full-force jumping all over it throwing tantrums and trying to use this simple error to beg/sway/threaten the game into giving them what they want.

And what about the interest in keeping these time-limited and exclusive subscriber rewards NOT being able to be earned again?

I knew as soon as I saw this glitch that the entitleds would be out in full-force jumping all over it throwing tantrums and trying to use this simple error to beg/sway/threaten the game into giving them what they want.

If they do release some or all of these shinies, you'll just have to find something else to be a special snowflake about, sorry. Turns out your feelings aren't bankable.

Also lol @ underlined. And lol @ "threaten" too. Only threat I've seen from either side so far has been from one of you "muh exclusives" tryhards. But keep on truckin I guess:rolleyes:

When there are 5 people in game they'll allow you to get exclusive rewards

I do hope that you act on it. I mean, if a store did that and a customer wanted to make the purchase the store is obligated to honor the advertised deal. I understand that this is different but I hope that you do bring back the chance to get HK-55 again. I loved him in KotFE and was very sad to see what happened.

I agree. There's always a ton of screaming and name calling the moment anyone suggests bringing back HK-55 or another sub reward, but Bioware never promised they would never offer those things again. I would love to see HK come back.

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

ROFL, I re-subbed before realizing this was a mistake. Did so for 90 days. Not too upset, since I didn't read the darn article and just wanted to re-sub to be safe. Missed the last one because my time-card lapsed and support wouldn't give it to me, or let me to sub for an extra month to make up the DAYS my sub lapsed.... Didn't want to take that chance again lol.

Would love it if you make the whole thing available as either a sub reward or à la carte in the CM.

If they do release some or all of these shinies, you'll just have to find something else to be a special snowflake about, sorry. Turns out your feelings aren't bankable.

Also lol @ underlined. And lol @ "threaten" too. Only threat I've seen from either side so far has been from one of you "muh exclusives" tryhards. But keep on truckin I guess:rolleyes:

Yep, all the outright hostility, entitlement, and people moaning about nonsense like that, is why I stopped posting here. I shelled out $150 for the CE at launch. Do you hear me complain about the promised extra exclusive content we were supposed to keep getting? Yeesh people.

Edited by TheLexinator

While I don't have any of the sub rewards myself, nor do I really care about them, I don't think they should be made available, it defeats the purpose of sub rewards. You were the one who was there at the time and wanted whatever it required to obtain said reward, I think giving it away is kind of a slap in the face for those who wanted their exclusive item. What is the point of having exclusive items when they are no longer exclusive at a later date?

It does diminish the value of it and I find it kind of disappointing that you, BW, did not keep your word on the exclusivity of these rewards. It kind of renders them meaningless when tied to a limited amount of time or a certain requirement.

These are the players that stuck with you for months end, let them have something that means something.

That's just my opinion however, I wont cry if they do release it in whatever way, good luck for those who do want them.

Whatever happens in the end, it's no big deal to me personally either way. I didn't get it when it was offered and I wont get it if they offer them again.

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

I hope that there's more follow-up on this interest than just "noted". I have HK-55 unlocked, but I feel that the reward and bonus mission are too good to be left so exclusive. It seems like good content is being wasted. It should be enjoyed by more players.

People who got something for free and then claiming they "earned" it are really in no position to be calling others "entitled".

That is hardly exclusive to one side on this topic

People who got something for free and then claiming they "earned" it are really in no position to be calling others "entitled".

I didn't get anything for free. I paid for my subscription which is something I have to choose to do over, say, going to a movie every month. People make decisions with what to do with their money and time and that includes things as simple as an online game.

I make the decision on what to spend my time and money on and if people choose to spend their time and money on something else instead of this game during specific promotions then that's what they did and in no way should any company go back and offer these things again.

Not everything everywhere should be available to anyone all the time, and that's perfectly ok, and the entitleds who keep begging for things they don't deserve need to get over it and move on.

Make a decision to subscribe or not, play the game or not, but don't come back demanding things you missed out on based on your own decisions that you're now regretting.

Still .. I am unsubbing .. "Dirty Deals Done Dirt Cheap" ....... conned by EA ....

If you actually opened your eyes and saw the dates on the launcher splash screen you'd see that it was an obvious mess up on their part. The only one to be blamed is yourself. Stop getting so uptight about an obvious mistake.

I didn't get anything for free. I paid for my subscription

Did you not get your subscription?

Because unless you paid more for it, or you got less of it than you would have otherwise, you got HK and Z0 for free.

You do not lose anything you paid for just because another player can "earn" it too. Well, except the right to brag about something you didn't actually do anything to achieve.

I hope that there's more follow-up on this interest than just "noted". I have HK-55 unlocked, but I feel that the reward and bonus mission are too good to be left so exclusive. It seems like good content is being wasted. It should be enjoyed by more players.

This is exactly how I feel.

I agree. There's always a ton of screaming and name calling the moment anyone suggests bringing back HK-55 or another sub reward, but Bioware never promised they would never offer those things again. I would love to see HK come back.

To be honest, I don't really understand the not wanting other people to have an imaginary thing attitude. Like, how in all truthfulness does this effect a person's playing? Are people going around and doing stronghold raids to make sure someone who wasn't subscribed in whatever year doesn't have some pixel prize laying around?

As someone who was subscribed for a long time, then had their computer break and was unable to play during the magic window, I find it very frustrating. The second I had a new computer that could play the game I resubbed. I do think there's logic in having some things subscribers can access that F2P cannot, since they pay money to play. I don't understand the attitude that current subscribers shouldn't have a chance at older rewards as well.

I mean, I pushed through a lot of PvP because I wanted the Makeb Pergola, but I didn't begrudge anyone for getting it once they removed the valor requirement. It's just a collection of pretty pixels. I'm not gonna get a bee in my bonnet over who has access to it. I don't play the game to lord my pretty pixels over other people. I have more entertaining things to do.