HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF this was something you could simply buy in the CM or was given out for free I could understand the frustration. THAT, IMO, is a valid complaint. However, if folks are allowed to attempt to qualify again under the same circumstances you are losing nothing. They have to qualify, the same as you. The only difference is where the time period falls.

Why should "new" players that missed the original promotion get an entirely new promotion for the same item that I cannot (because there is no point) participate in.

Say they did bring back the HK-55 event, I would still be subbed for that duration so what do I get for my loyalty?

The difference is not time because there is no time where you can do this without disadvantaging those that already have it.

I appreciate that you have strong opinions on this subject, and I wish to cause absolutely no hurt or offense, but to me a "double maybe" is too tenuous a basis on which to proceed. A business should have clear plans. I think it's simply more logical to reoffer old rewards (following the same criteria and giving bonus CC to those who already have them) if they don't plan to create any new rewards programme, and to not reoffer them if they do intend a future programme. I expect the game's declined enough in terms of resources and revenue that they have to honestly work on the basis of what they know (with reasonable certainty) rather than building castles in the sky of maybe-this and maybe-that.

Anyway, they'll make their decision, knowing much more about the factors at play than we do. All we can really do is express what's most important to us in the hopes of influencing that decision, as I think the one thing regarding the game that we know better than BW knows is our own preference. For instance, personally, I'd rather people get the chance to acquire rewards I have and I receive some supplementary reward (or vice versa in the case of rewards I don't have) than for neither of us to get anything. However, the supplementary reward would have to be reasonably decent, I think (say, double the usual sub CC rather than the 20CC one gets from an achievement?), because "exclusiveness" does have a certain value. I prefer something over nothing, but the loss of exclusiveness is kinda a negative (in my view), so the something would have to outweigh the negative to be preferable over nothing.

I would say that given their history of not making those rewards available again, despite the almost incessant "suggestions" for them to do so, that they have made their decision.

Can that decision be reversed at some point in time? Of course, but IMO, that does not justify the continued cries and pestering of BW to make those rewards available again.

I wonder: assuming that all previous requirements for various rewards were repeated for new people to get them again, what level of supplementary reward for those who already had the original rewards would seem fair to you (or people like you)? I suggest it shouldn't be something that requires additional resources for Bioware to develop from scratch, but otherwise I leave it at your total discretion.

Since one of the requirements of most, if not all, of those previous various rewards was being subscribed on a specific date, or during a specific time frame, which ha already passed, that would seem to make that suggestion moot.

Even if they were to set new specific dates or time frames as part of "all previous requirements", that would not seem fair to me.

In addition, what happens when those people who failed not only the first time, but also during the "second chance" opportunity, to meet the criteria to receive those rewards start to cry about wanting a "third chance", then a "fourth chance" and so on. We all know those cries will arise from people that want those shinies that someone else has.

Edited by Ratajack

Say they did bring back the HK-55 event, I would still be subbed for that duration so what do I get for my loyalty?

I have suggested bonus monthly CC - say, 1k per subbed month instead of 500. Would you consider that reasonable? If not, do you have any other suggestion(s)?

I would say that given their history of not making those rewards available again, despite the almost incessant "suggestions" for them to do so, that they have made their decision.

I actually tend to agree with you on this. It's just the dev post here that makes me wonder if they may be changing their minds.

Since one of the requirements of most, if not all, of those previous various rewards was being subscribed on a specific date, or during a specific time frame, which ha already passed, that would seem to make that suggestion moot.

I'm sure you realise that the scenario being proposed by most people is for a new length of subbed time in the future, not time-travel. ;)

In addition, what happens when those people who failed not only the first time, but also during the "second chance" opportunity, to meet the criteria to receive those rewards start to cry about wanting a "third chance", then a "fourth chance" and so on.

A fair question. Maybe a new system would grant old rewards (and supplementary new ones for people who already have old rewards) on a basis of continuous time subbed from a certain date onwards, but not confined so it has to be finished by a certain time. So, let's imagine they make this change in March, from April onwards anyone who subbed for the requisite time continuously, whether they started doing so that month or six months from now, could qualify. That might help to get around the "third and fourth and fifth" issue that you quite reasonably raise.

This still doesn't address the question though of what kind of supplementary reward you'd consider decent for people who fulfil the new requirements but already have the old rewards. I mean, you don't have to answer this question - you might perceive even the theoretical consideration as some kind of surrender and thus not even want to contemplate it - but I think that an honest attempt to answer this on the part of players who already received old rewards could help Bioware going forwards.

Edited by Estelindis

Say what you want. Argue against me all you like. From my perspective those whining about not having previous rewards are acting like spoiled little children having a tantrum so Daddy (BW) will give them a slice of the cake Mommy said they don't deserve. You won't change my point of view. So take it as it is. You have your opinions and I have mine.

Call me entitled - I am entitled to the ones I have. And just because I have something it doesn't mean you are entitled to the same. Just like I'm not entitled to the ones I don't have.

Call me an elitist snob. Fine. If that helps you sleep better at night or eases your sensitive little feelings, go right a head.

Hey you elitist snob!!

Darn i feel better now, i'm gonna go right into bed and sleep like a babie.

EDIT: Also, i know Ratajack missed dinner two weeks ago, and when he came home he was told he wasnt entitled to have dinner anymore bc he missed out on the promotion.

Edited by DeVanagloris

I have suggested bonus monthly CC - say, 1k per subbed month instead of 500. Would you consider that reasonable? If not, do you have any other suggestion(s)?

I would at face value but there are details missing here.

I would get in your scenario 1k coins every month instead of 500? How would they decide who gets the 1k, what would be the basis for that?

Why should "new" players that missed the original promotion get an entirely new promotion for the same item that I cannot (because there is no point) participate in.

Why not? The question is as relevant as the answer.

The difference is not time because there is no time where you can do this without disadvantaging those that already have it.

Making a point that you would like some kind of reward if you qualified for the original reward, since you can not qualify again is not an unreasonable request IMO.

It is, however, an unreasonable argument against implementation IMO.

Make a suggestion as to what you feel would be fair compensation for those that have already received the content for the prior promotion. That would something completely reasonable to request IMO.

I would at face value but there are details missing here.

I would get in your scenario 1k coins every month instead of 500? How would they decide who gets the 1k, what would be the basis for that?

I say the following with no idea how hard/easy it would be to implement.

Every player who'd previously received a subscription-based reward would have a counter set based on the amount of time they would've had to sub in order to get the rewards they currently have (which the game knows they have, otherwise it wouldn't be able to give each new character the rewards in the mail). Every month they sub during the new period where old rewards are re-offered, they would receive the bonus CC, and their counter would tick down by one, until they've received a month of bonus CC for every month they had to sub for the old rewards.

Edited by Estelindis

I like to quote people and change what they actually typed.

Yes, it is ironic. Now go to bed like a good little princess, and dream of your rainbows and unicorns.

I never did say that I don't want BW to ever make these sub rewards to be available again. I've only reiterated the requirements to get them. Those people playing lawyer take the stance of "It doesn't say they won't offer them again." Yet it doesn't they will, either. So that argument is moot. Yet they persist. All I've had to say was "Asking for these things will piss off some people. Who will in turn piss someone else off. And it'll all turn into a pissing contest." And that pisses people off. Just like this thread has become one big pissing contest.

Those of you without, step back and think about this:

If they do offer them up again: Sub for 4 months to get Nico or 8 months to HK-55. Sounds fair, right? Okay. Maybe it is fair for you newer players, or those of you that missed out for some reason or another. Now what about those that are already subscribing that have Nico and/or HK-55? What do they get for this new 4 or 8 month commitment? Do they not deserve something as well in return for their loyalty to the game? If it's different than what you'll get, will you flood the forums with "Make that available again" threads?

Anyway, I've had enough in this thread. It's an old argument and it's like a cockroach. No matter how many times you think it's dead, it just keeps coming back. :rolleyes:

Edited by PorsaLindahl

If I may chime in....yes, they deserve a reward as well. Anyone willing to follow the requirements of a sub period deserve some kind of recognition.

I would suggest a choice....just off the top of my head...choice of one of three companions (one not offered yet) and missions that match each.

So perhaps that might mean Nico and a mission, HK and a mission,.....wampa and a mission?

Yea, not the best person for this suggestion I think. Perhaps other folks should ring in here.

Hey you elitist snob!!

Darn i feel better now, i'm gonna go right into bed and sleep like a babie.

EDIT: Also, i know Ratajack missed dinner two weeks ago, and when he came home he was told he wasnt entitled to have dinner anymore bc he missed out on the promotion.

I was not able to get any of the dinner I missed that night, but I made sure that I did not miss the next dinner, although that dinner was different.

I'm a little annoyed at this.......I saw the advertisement, thought it was a brilliant idea, mentioned and emphatically promoted the event to a couple of fellow (occasional subscribing), guildies, (who missed the initial event), in teamspeak. 1 of them at that point renewed his subscription for 2 months just to play that mission.

In my opinion, any person who has subscribed for that month now should be properly compensated for this breach (by releasing this chapter and mission) and i hope EA/Bioware is willing to accept responsibility and cough up said compensation for the betterment of this game!

I'm a little annoyed at this.......I saw the advertisement, thought it was a brilliant idea, mentioned and emphatically promoted the event to a couple of fellow (occasional subscribing), guildies, (who missed the initial event), in teamspeak. 1 of them at that point renewed his subscription for 2 months just to play that mission.

In my opinion, any person who has subscribed for that month now should be properly compensated for this breach (by releasing this chapter and mission) and i hope EA/Bioware is willing to accept responsibility and cough up said compensation for the betterment of this game!

Because a mere two month sub entitles someone to a bonus chapter that required EIGHT MONTHS of continuous subscription, right?

Irrelevent! the advertisement was made......I unlocked it back when it was available....I do not care if they re-release something 2 Years after the original event with a smaller requirement...It happens often enough.....They just released life day gear i purchased with cartel coins a few years ago to be purchasable with parcels this year. [Vectron J0-1Y]...2 years ago you had to spend Cartel Coins......If you are willing to purchase a product for a specific price at a specific time, then its worth it to you......Your exact model of PC wouldnt be worth what it was 2 years ago, Its outdated content....WHO CARES! Edited by YTJGabriel

Irrelevent! the advertisement was made......I unlocked it back when it was available....I do not care if they re-release something 2 Years after the original event with a smaller requirement...It happens often enough.....They just released life day gear i purchased with cartel coins a few years ago to be purchasable with parcels this year. [Vectron J0-1Y]...2 years ago you had to spend Cartel Coins......If you are willing to purchase a product for a specific price at a specific time, then its worth it to you......Your exact model of PC wouldnt be worth what it was 2 years ago, Its outdated content....WHO CARES!

Obviously you care.

The advertisement was not made. A mistake was made.

If you had bothered to click on those links, you would have seen that the dates to be subscribed for those rewards were in 2016.

Then again, maybe you did click on those links and see that they were from 2 years ago, but figured that maybe you could bully BW into giving you something that required EIGHT MONTHS of continuous subscription for a mere 2 months sub.

It WAS an advertisement!

I have nothing to gain from bullying anyone. I have been a constant sub on 3 separate accounts for up to 5 years, and have no desire to leave. The original 8 stories are the best and most valuable content in this game, with a lot if replayability.....Since Makep exp however, limited replayabilty.....

An error WAS made, and if someone is misled by "false advertising", then that needs to be investigated, and if necessary, compensated.....

Obviously, that wont happen! If my guildie is annoyed enough, he may ask for his 2 month subscription refunded (which he is entitled to imo). Or he leaves and gives up on this game like 95% of the previous subbies we lost due to incompetence!

If my guildie is annoyed enough, he may ask for his 2 month subscription refunded (which he is entitled to imo).

Yep, that's exactly what he's entitled to, and what he's *not* entitled to is any previous subscriber rewards.

Or he leaves and gives up on this game like 95% of the previous subbies we lost due to incompetence!

I'm sure you have the data to prove your hyperbole, right?

Isn't it just great when people jump all over anyone who makes any kind of mistake? Isn't it awesome that these same people would call for the cashier at 7-11 to be fired for not giving correct change?

What a world.

Point taken!

Why do people really care about outdated content being re-release at a cheaper price? As i mentioned before, if you purchase a product at a specific time for a specific price, then it is worth it to you.....If someone else makes the same purchase at a different time at a reduced price, then good for them. its how business' boost sales.

If people are going to get jealous over it, then dont participate in the original purchase and hope for a re-release 2 years later.....

I say the following with no idea how hard/easy it would be to implement.

Every player who'd previously received a subscription-based reward would have a counter set based on the amount of time they would've had to sub in order to get the rewards they currently have (which the game knows they have, otherwise it wouldn't be able to give each new character the rewards in the mail). Every month they sub during the new period where old rewards are re-offered, they would receive the bonus CC, and their counter would tick down by one, until they've received a month of bonus CC for every month they had to sub for the old rewards.

I like this.

It is fair to me and to the new player wanting the reward.

I don't think anyone who doesn't have this should get it. My reason why is simple, they were either NOT subbing like they should have OR they're one of those flighty subbers. Sometimes they sub, sometimes they don't.

I have been a loyal subscriber since 2011. I have never missed a subscription. I put it on my credit card or game card and let it be so I, as a loyal subscriber and player, get to have any goodies that come from my loyalty, or to keep playing the game I enjoy.

People who sub and stop, sub and stop, sub and stop, are not loyal. I'm not talking about the broke ones or the younger ones, I'm talking about the ADD game crowd who can't find a game and stick with it, or they bail at every little slight. (They've obviously never played more time consuming games like EQ or anything like that).

If these rewards are given out on the cartel market, fine, but it better cost these guys a few hundred dollars. $200 or $250. Not something cheap or give it to them for a month worth of subbing. Just read some of the replies, 'oh I ONLY resubbed for this item.' So, you want goodies but only sub for certain things? I say if you aren't going to be faithful and loyal, you shouldn't get anything easily or cheap.

Just how I feel. You want goodies, you stay loyal. Man, if they ever implement veteran rewards like some games do, alot of people here will be pissed cause they'll have missed those cause veteran rewards are usually given out for how long you were subbed and playing.

Point taken!

Why do people really care about outdated content being re-release at a cheaper price? As i mentioned before, if you purchase a product at a specific time for a specific price, then it is worth it to you.....If someone else makes the same purchase at a different time at a reduced price, then good for them. its how business' boost sales.

If people are going to get jealous over it, then dont participate in the original purchase and hope for a re-release 2 years later.....

All you are looking at is what you want and failing to see what about the ones that already have been a sub since the beginning and never missed a sub because they stayed sub instead of playing unsub games because something didn't go their way (finances/real life problems withstanding). They unsub when they didn't get an operation, etc they didn't want so they played the unsub game thinking they could make BW do what they want and now they missed the companions.

While there are some that are new to the game the problem I see is all they are doing is I want and I don't care about anyone else that already has it. To them those people don't count because according to them they already have the companions but probably part of the reason is they are afraid that if BW gives the ones that already have the companion something else they aren't going to get it and then they be back on the forums wanting that as well.

lol...just lol.