HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was lucky enough to be a sub at the time, I wouldn't mind if they released HK-55 to the general public as a paid unlock.

However, the price must be comparable to the 8 month sub that was the price back then.

Not exactly the same price, because you got other things for the 8 month sub too, but comparable.

Of course, an 8 month continuous sub would be equivalent and I think in these content draughts, would provide a reason for people to sub, and BW have some extra revenue.

As someone who was lucky enough to be a sub at the time, I wouldn't mind if they released HK-55 to the general public as a paid unlock.

However, the price must be comparable to the 8 month sub that was the price back then.

Not exactly the same price, because you got other things for the 8 month sub too, but comparable.

Of course, an 8 month continuous sub would be equivalent and I think in these content draughts, would provide a reason for people to sub, and BW have some extra revenue.

I don't like the idea of making them available for purchase but I completely support making them available again under the same terms. For example, this chapter required a continuous sub for 8 months. It would be fine to offer it again for a continuous sub of 8 months. Things that were sub by X date could be offered in some sort of rotation with the same requirement, sub by X date. All would be individual events and you could not say get 5 different things for subbing by X date for subbing only once. Alternatively, the sub by date items could be offered as a reward for a 3 month or 6 month sub purchase (since you don't get a refund if you unsub before time runs out)

Noted like all the bugs that have been noted, yet haven't been fixed in years? Just sayin'.

Fair point.

But you know as well as I do, a shiny is easier to make and implement than fixing bugs. Also may or may not be more effective at pleasing the crowd.

Still, every solution begins with acknowledgement:)

I don't like the idea of making them available for purchase but I completely support making them available again under the same terms. For example, this chapter required a continuous sub for 8 months. It would be fine to offer it again for a continuous sub of 8 months. Things that were sub by X date could be offered in some sort of rotation with the same requirement, sub by X date. All would be individual events and you could not say get 5 different things for subbing by X date for subbing only once. Alternatively, the sub by date items could be offered as a reward for a 3 month or 6 month sub purchase (since you don't get a refund if you unsub before time runs out)

Yeah, exactly agree.

By comparable, I meant, that at least 75% of the sub price, so for example, for an 8 month sub, it would be $15*0.75*8 = $90 as a one time purchase.

(for the people that have the cash and do not want or cannot wait 8 month for it)

OR

8 month continuous sub ($120 cost).

Clarification: not to be sold for cartel coins, only for $$$ or as a continuous sub award.

Edited by Galahard

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

Note our interest to get the 2018 roadmap before summer this year TY

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

Eric don't tell me you're actually considering releasing subscriber rewards again like you did with the KOTOR inspired speeder. This type of thing completely undermines subscriber rewards and the supporting goal of people staying subbed because people think "I don't have to stay subbed to get that reward that I want because BW will just give me a second change to get it anyway down the road".

Hey folks,

-eric

Any chance you could finish releasing the rest of the HK rewards as well that you guys were working on at the time? Would love to have the offhand version of the HK Vibrosword at some point :)

You're surely aware you're opening Pandora's Box here?

If you offer the HK-stuff for cheaper than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

If you offer the HK-stuff for the same or more expensive than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

I wouldn't touch this topic with a 5 meter pole.

However, I have said it several times: I'm fine if you offer the bonus chapter for the public under the following conditions:

1. People pay the same price I paid for it (someone did the math above; 120$ sounds about right; and yes, back then the bonus chapter was the ONLY reason why I decided to continue my sub despite having unsubbed at first).

2. Z0-0M and the decos will remain exclusive to the people who originally got the sub perks.

3. If you offer it for cheaper, you have to pay back the difference to the people who paid more back then.

Edited by JattaGin

You're surely aware you're opening Pandora's Box here?

If you offer the HK-stuff for cheaper than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

If you offer the HK-stuff for the same or more expensive than what we originally paid for them, you will anger a lot of players.

I wouldn't touch this topic with a 5 meter pole.

However, I have said it several times: I'm fine if you offer the bonus chapter for the public under the following conditions:

1. People pay the same price I paid for it (someone did the math above; 120$ sounds about right; and yes, back then the bonus chapter was the ONLY reason why I decided to continue my sub despite having unsubbed at first).

2. Z0-0M and the decos will remain exclusive to the people who originally got the sub perks.

3. If you offer it for cheaper, you have to pay back the difference to the people who paid more back then.

I'd add they actually pay $120 for it, not the CC value of $120, since getting FREE CC's is not very hard with all of the referal links out there.

I will simply be pissed off if they allow people to purchase HK-55 and all the items us people that were subscribed at the time it was given out. I understand real life comes up and some people were unable to subscribe but its a slap in the face to those of us that have been loyal and here the entire time.

I will simply be pissed off if they allow people to purchase HK-55 and all the items us people that were subscribed at the time it was given out. I understand real life comes up and some people were unable to subscribe but its a slap in the face to those of us that have been loyal and here the entire time.

No Argument with this either. BW shouldn't make any sub reward available again PERIOD, however if they cave to those on the forums begging for it, make them pay in Real money the same amount we paid in all of the months we had to sub to get it. No CC cost, make it an actual purchase to get it. Which was the $120 we had to spend.

Edited by Toraak

No Argument with this either. BW shouldn't make any sub reward available again PERIOD, however if they cave to those on the forums begging for it, make them pay in Real money the same amount we paid in all of the months we had to sub to get it. No CC cost, make it an actual purchase to get it. Which was the $120 we had to spend.

Remember, this entails the quest to PLAY as HK55 and get Zoom as a companion, so I don't think they should be able to. and I think it should be, because of that, closer to 200 dollars.

Remember, this entails the quest to PLAY as HK55 and get Zoom as a companion, so I don't think they should be able to. and I think it should be, because of that, closer to 200 dollars.

Sorry, but I think your wrong. That is to much for playing through 1 chapter, getting HK-55, and Zo-OM as a companion, plus the deco. even paying the $120 for that is relatively high, but closer to $200 is honestly silly for BW to due, since nobody in their right mind would pay that. Of course that could be your intentions I suspect.

Besides. Who is to say BW should give all of that away for the $120. Most people who are talking about the Bonus chapter want the chapter. charge the $120, and keep HK-55, ZO-OM, and the deco as the sub rewards only. So those who buy the chapter can't get those.

Wasnt subbed at the time he was first available. Former subs can keep all that other stuff, I just want hk-55 and his bonus mission. I could care a less about the sniper rifle, jet pack, whatever. I just want the actual character content available to earn.

I have HK and I full expect them to sell him on the CC.

What the hell is the big deal its one more companion that people wont use. So what if it was a subscriber perk, we got a chapter a month back then, its a damn lot more than we got in 2017. Want to feel cheated about something feel cheated if you were paying in 2017 and got nothing.

But more than that, EA don't care. No one is going to quit over HK being given out or a bonus chapter being sold for a couple of bucks on the CM or that they will sell it for 10 bucks at most. Anyone stupid enough to think it is worth 120 bucks or whatever is clearly not in business.

They know no one will quit over it, they know its an option to get some money and best of all they can quote this thread and say we are responding to unprecedented interest in the bonus chapter with some people feeling it is such an amazing chapter it should sell for the price of 2 full games.

Edited by Costello

They know no one will quit over it, they know its an option to get some money and best of all they can quote this thread and say we are responding to unprecedented interest in the bonus chapter with some people feeling it is such an amazing chapter it should sell for the price of 2 full games.

Pretty much this, there will be tears and then people will move on.

You had better NOT.

I am in complete opposition to this and I don't care what anyone else says or thinks on this topic.

Sub rewards are just that SUB rewards. But more than that all SUB rewards and a lot of One Time Event rewards have a time and a place component which is just as important to me (and a lot of others), it shows we were there and the older that "there" was the better.

You will have a epic backlash if you mess with this from some of your most loyal customers.

You had better "note" this....

Why people care about a solo companion being reintroduced escapes me, particularly if BW couches / frames it in a way that boosts their income, which benefits us all.

The downside to this is some will have to see a few more HK-55s on the fleet before going back to their regularly scheduled solo activities.

But the E-Threats leveled in this thread (from usual suspects) are laughable. If you're going to quit because a companion offered a couple years ago is reintroduced, well, yeah... I can't even finish that sentence without snickering.

Dasty

Hey folks,

-eric

I do hope that you act on it. I mean, if a store did that and a customer wanted to make the purchase the store is obligated to honor the advertised deal. I understand that this is different but I hope that you do bring back the chance to get HK-55 again. I loved him in KotFE and was very sad to see what happened.

Sorry, but I think your wrong. That is to much for playing through 1 chapter, getting HK-55, and Zo-OM as a companion, plus the deco. even paying the $120 for that is relatively high, but closer to $200 is honestly silly for BW to due, since nobody in their right mind would pay that. Of course that could be your intentions I suspect.

Besides. Who is to say BW should give all of that away for the $120. Most people who are talking about the Bonus chapter want the chapter. charge the $120, and keep HK-55, ZO-OM, and the deco as the sub rewards only. So those who buy the chapter can't get those.

I would be for that.