HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about the interest in keeping these time-limited and exclusive subscriber rewards NOT being able to be earned again?

I knew as soon as I saw this glitch that the entitleds would be out in full-force jumping all over it throwing tantrums and trying to use this simple error to beg/sway/threaten the game into giving them what they want.

^this

People can take his statement anyway they like, but if you think, after what 5 years, of them ever releasing an exclusive comp when you missed the window, well, I have a bridge to sell you. This is just another unicorn like the advanced class change. It is not going to happen, nor should it.

To be honest, I don't really understand the not wanting other people to have an imaginary thing attitude. Like, how in all truthfulness does this effect a person's playing? Are people going around and doing stronghold raids to make sure someone who wasn't subscribed in whatever year doesn't have some pixel prize laying around?

As someone who was subscribed for a long time, then had their computer break and was unable to play during the magic window, I find it very frustrating. The second I had a new computer that could play the game I resubbed. I do think there's logic in having some things subscribers can access that F2P cannot, since they pay money to play. I don't understand the attitude that current subscribers shouldn't have a chance at older rewards as well.

I mean, I pushed through a lot of PvP because I wanted the Makeb Pergola, but I didn't begrudge anyone for getting it once they removed the valor requirement. It's just a collection of pretty pixels. I'm not gonna get a bee in my bonnet over who has access to it. I don't play the game to lord my pretty pixels over other people. I have more entertaining things to do.

I agree about the sub rewards. It's not a smart thing to get up in arms about when it could actually infuse some much needed income into the game, which coincidentally would theoretically be a great thing for the people most agitated by the discussion.

I am perfectly fine if other people get the things I earned as long as they have to do an equivalent thing to get it AND they simultaneously give those of us who earned it originally something else new on top.

I don't want to see HK and the chapter available again and those of us who earned it previously get nothing during such a promotional period

People can take his statement anyway they like, but if you think, after what 5 years, of them ever releasing an exclusive comp when you missed the window, well, I have a bridge to sell you. This is just another unicorn like the advanced class change. It is not going to happen, nor should it.

Oh, make no mistake. Thinking they will and thinking they should are two different things. The devs are "aware" of many player hopes/requests, that doesn't really mean they are acted on.

But that has less to do with the entitlement issues of people who want special treatment because they got a free extra.

I didn't get anything for free. I paid for my subscription which is something I have to choose to do over, say, going to a movie every month. People make decisions with what to do with their money and time and that includes things as simple as an online game.

I make the decision on what to spend my time and money on and if people choose to spend their time and money on something else instead of this game during specific promotions then that's what they did and in no way should any company go back and offer these things again.

Not everything everywhere should be available to anyone all the time, and that's perfectly ok, and the entitleds who keep begging for things they don't deserve need to get over it and move on.

Make a decision to subscribe or not, play the game or not, but don't come back demanding things you missed out on based on your own decisions that you're now regretting.

While I do agree with you to an extent, the flaw is that you're operating under tha assumption that not subbing at a specific time was a choice based on wanting to spend money on something else. Sometimes life happens and people can't spend money on luxuries like video games. I don't think the rewards should always be available, but I see no issue in offering them more than once. It's a pretty common business practice to bring back old specials or bonuses from time to time. A lot of businesses do exactly that every single year.

I am perfectly fine if other people get the things I earned as long as they have to do an equivalent thing to get it AND they simultaneously give those of us who earned it originally something else new on top.

I don't want to see HK and the chapter available again and those of us who earned it previously get nothing during such a promotional period

I think this is fair. I think the best thing to give those who already earned the old rewards would be bonus CC. The whole benefit of making the old rewards available again (for the same sub time) is that it's taking advantage of work already done, whereas if BW have to make new stuff for the new reward that's more work for them (plus it just changes the problem for people who missed the old rewards from "we want a way to earn the old rewards" to "we want a way to earn the new rewards," lol).

I agree about the sub rewards. It's not a smart thing to get up in arms about when it could actually infuse some much needed income into the game, which coincidentally would theoretically be a great thing for the people most agitated by the discussion.

I 100% agree with you on this. I think it would really be frustrating to have the subscriber reward be given out for those who missed it but then not have anything new for those who got it the first time.

By this you mean, when swtor makes more money because these will be made available again, we'll get more content? If that's what you mean, swtor must be making next to nothing with the content we are receiving now.

And I'm fairly certain swtor has a decent enough income as this game is still playable.

I don't think it's as simple as you think it is.

They could always simply repeat the requirements - not just for HK-55 but for Ranos, Hexid or any other award. Have people subscribe for the same length of time or do the same tasks, and then they're not getting anything for 'free.' They're fulfilling the same requirements that were there originally.

BW never promised subscribers that they'd be the only ones ever in the history of the game to get these things, or that the players would get to dictate that certain content should be forever restricted to others.

By this you mean, when swtor makes more money because these will be made available again, we'll get more content? If that's what you mean, swtor must be making next to nothing with the content we are receiving now.

And I'm fairly certain swtor has a decent enough income as this game is still playable.

I don't think it's as simple as you think it is.

Just hypothesizing, I'm not claiming anything factual regarding what kind of boost they'd get from it or how much they'd reinvest. But more income is better for all, even if all the money just goes to keeping the lights on longer. I don't want the game to die at all, especially when there are non-gambling options to get that income still on the table.

I 100% agree with you on this. I think it would really be frustrating to have the subscriber reward be given out for those who missed it but then not have anything new for those who got it the first time.

I agree with this as well but please not another companion or this mess starts all over again.

Edited by casirabit

You do know if they go back on their word about these companions, gifts, and all the other crap they gave us for being subbed and give us a new reward, all that will happen is people ***** about the new reward and they they should be able to get that. Its just recycling the problem over and over and over again.

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

If that's the case then next time you offer "exclusive" rewards you will notice my dis-interest in subbing

Did you not get your subscription?

Because unless you paid more for it, or you got less of it than you would have otherwise, you got HK and Z0 for free.

You do not lose anything you paid for just because another player can "earn" it too. Well, except the right to brag about something you didn't actually do anything to achieve.

I've never seen anyone bragging about having any sub rewards.

BW never promised subscribers that they'd be the only ones ever in the history of the game to get these things, or that the players would get to dictate that certain content should be forever restricted to others.

More forum lawyering. People with this attitude think the people that reiterate the requirements for getting these items, opinions mean nothing. Well your opinions mean less than nothing. Just because BW never stated that these things would never return, neither did they say that they would. The requirements set the parameters. There is no translation needed. There's no reading between the lines.

As I stated in many of the "Gimme" threads, there are sub rewards that I don't have. Do I pine over not having them? No. Do I come to the forums and cry "I want this or that?" No. Do I expect, or feel that I'm entitled to have something that someone else has even though I didn't qualify for those items? No.

I must be getting old. I don't understand the "Gimme Gimme" attitudes. I guess it's a younger generation thing - whine, bellyache, b*tch and moan until you finally get what you've been screaming for. That sounds like a 3 year old tantrum to me. Back in the day pa would've taken you out behind the barn for some education at the end of a strap. :eek:

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal.

"In this case"? This is far from the first time this has happened. This issue is as old as the launcher itself.

"has resolved the issue now"? Have they really? Well it's refreshing to see an age old bug getting squashed for once then.

If that's the case then next time you offer "exclusive" rewards you will notice my dis-interest in subbing

Buhu. I believe the phrase is "can I have your stuff"?

More forum lawyering. People with this attitude think the people that reiterate the requirements for getting these items, opinions mean nothing. Well your opinions mean less than nothing.

Oh that's rich. You're saying "forum lawyer"? You? I think the only person who could make that more hypocritical is Ratajack. Congrats on second place though.

Nah, I take that back. Ratajack stands out because he has the caps lock gimmick. The rest of you all kind of blend in together.

Right back at you re: opinions.

Just because BW never stated that these things would never return, neither did they say that they would.

lol

As I stated in many of the "Gimme" threads, there are sub rewards that I don't have. Do I pine over not having them? No. Do I come to the forums and cry "I want this or that?" No. Do I expect, or feel that I'm entitled to have something that someone else has even though I didn't qualify for those items? No.

Well, unlike your lot, no one cares (or judges) what you do or do not want. How about the same courtesy?