Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

How much more active is the Star Forge going to be really? I heard that the other servers merging with Ebon Hawk is mostly dead. I hope there are more Republic people.

We will see, i think satele will still be more populated and both are now in the same zone.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

Which upon pressing all of your items will be jettisoned into space

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

Which upon pressing all of your items will be jettisoned into space

.... no no no nothing TOO fancy R4! Flying is for droids! Prepare to jettison canisters.... NOW!

We will be testing the fix on EU since that is where we noticed the issue. Once that is confirmed we will bring EU back online first to ensure nothing else jumps out. Then we will wrap up on NA and get it live as quickly as we can comfortably do so. Hopefully those two timeframes won't be too far apart. Still waiting on an ETA on my side.

-eric

I hope Keith brought in a fresh supply of donuts. Been a long day for all of you.

Y'know, its posts like this that make me wish there was a like or an upvote system here because sadly, I don't know how many of our "you can do it" or "take care of yourself" and "thank you" posts they've really been able to read with all of the raging and almost bullying comments that have been plastered across this forum and the twitter. It's people like you who I love gaming with - people who appreciate the hard work the devs are putting into the game to try and make the rollouts as smooth as possible, along with every story add on and game update.

Yeah, I actually agree. We should maintain a positive mood as this is a huge update. Negativity doesn't help any of us, dev or player.

Big clap for all those tired engineers and techs did a great job. Was really impressed to see 4 instances on Korriban on Darth Malgus about 600 peeps. No problems with game play at all and the lag wasn't bad either from MS to Ireland.

Five stars so far:p

Keep it up.

We will be testing the fix on EU since that is where we noticed the issue. Once that is confirmed we will bring EU back online first to ensure nothing else jumps out. Then we will wrap up on NA and get it live as quickly as we can comfortably do so. Hopefully those two timeframes won't be too far apart. Still waiting on an ETA on my side.

-eric

Ok got it, thank you Eric really appreciate it!!! Looking forward to the changes. Good Luck!!! :)

Y'know, its posts like this that make me wish there was a like or an upvote system here because sadly, I don't know how many of our "you can do it" or "take care of yourself" and "thank you" posts they've really been able to read with all of the raging and almost bullying comments that have been plastered across this forum and the twitter. It's people like you who I love gaming with - people who appreciate the hard work the devs are putting into the game to try and make the rollouts as smooth as possible, along with every story add on and game update.

Amen to that. We don't have NEARLY enough "well done" and "you guys are great" threads here on the forums. It's 95% negativity. It's why I don't come on here much.

But HUGE props to the IT team. Thank you. Please don't burn out. You guys rock.:D

I think they should keep the servers down for 4 months while they fix the issues.

Yeah I'm so cool and grown up, I don't care if the servers never come back up. In fact I'm so cool I don't think they should ever come back up and anybody that thinks that only 24 hours or a couple of days is reasonable needs to learn some patience, cause they aren't cool like me.

That or its really weird telling adults who are doing a job that your routing for them or worried about them cause they have had a long day and its past their bedtime, that maybe they should get a nap and not forget to have something to eat.

Though lets be honest, the people that are fixing this aren't reading posts on the internet. What these posts are basically saying is 'Look at me, I'm so great and thoughtful, I'm totally cool with not getting to play!' it has nothing to do with the game its all about making sure that during the down time nobody forgets about how Cool I am!

Turns out most the people that have quit that game are equally cool with the downtime, they just don't have to make sure everyone knows how cool and thoughtful they are. They couldn't care less if the entire dev team left the servers down and went home.

"SACRIFICE?" WOW ... are you getting a free t-shirt for that sucking up? THEY GET PAID FOR THIS DUDE.

yeah, but no matter how much you make or what you do for a living everyone wants to go home at the end of the day. Also, like someone else already said they've been at this for a day. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum like some are, I'd rather thank them for the effort because if they decided to pack it up and go home or hurry up and get it done to meet the demands of some swtor junkies that need their fix we might even have bigger problems. No I am not, but Eric Holla at ya boy. lol :) Lastly if this is your biggest issue today count yourself as blessed.

I think they should keep the servers down for 4 months while they fix the issues.

Yeah I'm so cool and grown up, I don't care if the servers never come back up. In fact I'm so cool I don't think they should ever come back up and anybody that thinks that only 24 hours or a couple of days is reasonable needs to learn some patience, cause they aren't cool like me.

That or its really weird telling adults who are doing a job that your routing for them or worried about them cause they have had a long day and its past their bedtime, that maybe they should get a nap and not forget to have something to eat.

Though lets be honest, the people that are fixing this aren't reading posts on the internet. What these posts are basically saying is 'Look at me, I'm so great and thoughtful, I'm totally cool with not getting to play!' it has nothing to do with the game its all about making sure that during the down time nobody forgets about how Cool I am!

Turns out most the people that have quit that game are equally cool with the downtime, they just don't have to make sure everyone knows how cool and thoughtful they are. They couldn't care less if the entire dev team left the servers down and went home.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Amen to that. We don't have NEARLY enough "well done" and "you guys are great" threads here on the forums. It's 95% negativity. It's why I don't come on here much.

But HUGE props to the IT team. Thank you. Please don't burn out. You guys rock.:D

I agree. They all work very hard for us.