Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Satele's counterpart was Darth Marr? At least he was on Odessan. Did I miss something?

Before Shadow for Revan, Darth Marr was just another guy on the Dark Council. He wasn't really more important than any of the other council members. Back in the old, old days, Darth Malgus was kind of the face of the imperial war effort because he was the NPC who gave out imperial flashpoint missions and Satele gave them out for the republic.

Before Shadow for Revan, Darth Marr was just another guy on the Dark Council. He wasn't really more important than any of the other council members. Back in the old, old days, Darth Malgus was kind of the face of the imperial war effort because he was the NPC who gave out imperial flashpoint missions and Satele gave them out for the republic.

OK, thanks for the history lesson. I need to do some research and bring myself up to date. :-)

I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect that Eric Musco, a developer charged with Community Management, who is actively posting in these forums tonight to update us on the status of the server merges might read some of the well wishes and pass them along. You just wanted to make the rest of us look like jerks for wishing them well. Like we're doing it to somehow pat ourselves on the back instead of recognizing that no matter who you are, a 20+ hour work day sucks, and we might feel bad for you for having to work it. *shrug*

What I am against is people that think them telling the devs 'take as long as you want, I don't mind' influences their decision making. As if Oh look someone on the forum said we could take as long as we want, lets not get the servers up tonight, lets do it later this week. I'm sure the shareholders will accept that cause someone on the forums said it was alright then that is fine. I don't think anyone thinks they are that important that what they say on the matter is more important than the persons own self worth of doing the job right.

I'm also against the hypocrisy of people that have been refreshing the page to find out any news on the server being up or down or whats up with them then tell other people that are keen to play to go to bed or go outside and play.

Wish people well all you want but don't act like people that are not happy with the situation are impatient children or jerks. The people that are really cool with the severs being down and don't care when they come up are those that don't play the game or aren't really that invested in it. If your sitting here checking the dev tracker and twitter every five minutes but telling other people I don't mind if they are down for day, why are you reading every post in the forum. Take your own advise go do something else and leave the people that really want to get in game, to express how much they like the game and really want the servers to be up.

Yupp I have to admit, everybody who is still saying "take your time blabla" is probably checking as well, because why are you here if you're not waiting for it as well? - I was patient the whole day and did other stuff like sleeping and doing chores and stuff. But although I understand that things still might take a little, I'm definitely not patient anymore, checking every 10 min or so too if starforge is finally up :)

What I am against is people that think them telling the devs 'take as long as you want, I don't mind' influences their decision making. As if Oh look someone on the forum said we could take as long as we want, lets not get the servers up tonight, lets do it later this week. I'm sure the shareholders will accept that cause someone on the forums said it was alright then that is fine. I don't think anyone thinks they are that important that what they say on the matter is more important than the persons own self worth of doing the job right.

I'm also against the hypocrisy of people that have been refreshing the page to find out any news on the server being up or down or whats up with them then tell other people that are keen to play to go to bed or go outside and play.

Wish people well all you want but don't act like people that are not happy with the situation are impatient children or jerks. The people that are really cool with the severs being down and don't care when they come up are those that don't play the game or aren't really that invested in it. If your sitting here checking the dev tracker and twitter every five minutes but telling other people I don't mind if they are down for day, why are you reading every post in the forum. Take your own advise go do something else and leave the people that really want to get in game, to express how much they like the game and really want the servers to be up.

Your opinion is fine, and completely valid, but attacking them for it makes you look like the jerk. That was the point of my trolling you earlier (whether you want to accept that or not, which is fine either way).