Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have entered final testing on Star Forge, ETA 30-40 minutes.

-eric

If it helps I poked the screen 8 times on the server select sheet and nothing happened when I touched SF. Pretty sure that means it's ok. :p Thanks for the updates.

Edited by Malphicious

Wish people well all you want but don't act like people that are not happy with the situation are impatient children or jerks. The people that are really cool with the severs being down and don't care when they come up are those that don't play the game or aren't really that invested in it. If your sitting here checking the dev tracker and twitter every five minutes but telling other people I don't mind if they are down for day, why are you reading every post in the forum. Take your own advise go do something else and leave the people that really want to get in game, to express how much they like the game and really want the servers to be up.

Using your logic one could easily turn the table and say that the same people literally raging over the extended downtime have probably never experienced a merge before and know close to nothing about maintaining an MMO when considering the matter of large updates like this. Just because some of us take a mature stance to the news and respect the fact that the devs have been working almost thrice as long as a regular shift does not mean that we aren't invested in the game or don't play and care about it. I and many others encourage the devs to take it easy and approach this carefully, building them up while they work this out, because first of all its mature and compassionate and secondly I would much rather lose a day of game time and come back to a smooth transition and experience than a rushed merge coupled with bugs and glitches up the wahzoo. You're entitled to your opinion but don't demonize people because they see things differently, it makes you come off incredibly ignorant. Also just because people are okay with the downtime doesn't mean they can't check up and wait in anticipation without being hypocritical. I've played this game for several years now and my server (the soon-to-be "Star Forge") looks to be the late-comer, nevertheless I stand by my point that it is okay for the server to not be up yet. It's a matter of opinion, plain and simple.

I'm sure it's been asked already, but I'm gonna ask again anyway. What's the word regarding downtime for non-recurring subs?

I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the downtime same for all regardless whether you are a subscriber or not? It was so when I was f2p-player/preferred.

I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the downtime same for all regardless whether you are a subscriber or not? It was so when I was f2p-player/preferred.

I just mean that if you have a finite number of days before your sub runs out (and you therefore will have to reup), are those days affected by the merge or is that time frozen until the servers are up again?

I believe that the question is regarding those that buy piecemeal - either through the site, game time codes, or game time cards.

Those two words are redundantly redundant.

Thanks a lot, still trying to get better in english since it's not my first language. And although I already knew that, I most certainly will pay more attention to it so that won't happen again :)

Edited by funnypat

Here is some additional information on what we worked to address. As players started logging into the EU servers we noticed that we began getting alerts for players with more than 500 items in their CM item stashes. Even though it was only a handful of players, we quickly stopped new logins to begin investigating why we were getting the alerts. There was a small issue which we could address quickly to avoid any possible player impact. That is what we corrected and tested, leading to EU coming back online (we also pushed the fix to the NA servers to avoid the issue there when it comes online).

That's the info on what we did with EU.

Thanks!

-eric

Fix seem to doesn'T work for me.

Playing on new Tulak Hord I can see my old Legacy Cargo Holds from T3-M4 but not from Vanejrvalis Chains.

Is there something I can do or you can do to fix that...i mean im missing some of my raiding armous and other precious ingame stuff...

Edited by ultimarb

Thanks a lot, still trying to get better in english since it's not my first language. And although I already knew that, I most certainly will pay more attention to it so that won't happen again :)

How am I supposed to be a troll if you're so gracious and kind? ARRRGHHH!!!!

Star Forge is now live! Thanks everyone for your patience today. Now get in there and enjoy your new home.

-eric

Thanks Eric - So far the only "Issues" I've seen on several servers:

My Legacy names from both East/West Coast merges of 8 servers seemed to have picked up my LOWEST legacy point name. Not what I had intended. Anyway to fix that?

On a side-note: I guess the BW-team has really been hard at work for ages, so kudos and big thanks from here!

Not sure if everything went smoothly (can't login as I am "hard@work" as well obviously ;)), but I assume you guys will be quite exhausted.

So: appreciated! :D

Star Forge is now live! Thanks everyone for your patience today. Now get in there and enjoy your new home.

-eric

Thank *you* for continuing to update us! :D Star Forge is running smoothly, as far as I can tell. Thank you and all the devs for getting us through the merges!

Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

-eric

Eric, I've now logged into almost all of my toons, and I cannot find my legacy stored items from TRE. There is no red button in any of those inventories. What is going on?