Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"SACRIFICE?" WOW ... are you getting a free t-shirt for that sucking up? THEY GET PAID FOR THIS DUDE.

Yeah, sacrifice. The time they're spending trying to get the game up and working for us, they're not spending at home with their families. They've been at this for over 19 hours at this point. Give them a break.

And to Eric and everybody out there busting your butts to find the error and deploy a fix so we can all get on and have some fun, thank you. I hope you guys can finally get some rest soon.

When are you going to do something about RP servers? You guys just kind of left us out in the cold.

Really? You should have just went with "Is this a good time to talk to you about the benefits of the Gerber Life Insurance Plan?

I can tell the people who work retail,on these posts. Systems with 99.9996% uptime......and it's always "it never works. It's broke. It's slow. I.T. is easy."

Well...I.T. is like marriage. When it's all working and quiet, it's great. But when you screw up, boy are you in a world of <censored>

Yes, but even if they are getting paid, it helps to hear that they are appreciated. I've had to work on some stuff like this and when all you get are complaints money doesn't matter. A simple thank you for the hard work is all it takes from us.

That's true but I quit my job and everything for this game. ITS MY LIFE

Okay you do know there is no OT they are working in shifts. this update started with graveyard then moved into day shift and now it is on swing shift on the way back to being graveyard again.

You think that many people still work at Bioware Austin do ya? On this game? Oh, that's precious.

You also don't know anyone in the IT industry likely to think that people there don't work 20+ hour shifts when major network revamps like this take place.

Seriously though, adorable.

When are you going to do something about RP servers? You guys just kind of left us out in the cold.

Why do RPers need a special server? If someone wants to grief RPers, you being on your own server isn't going to stop them.

Seriously, guys, we do appreciate it.

If the ones complaining are anything like me, they're twitching in their seats as they stare at the screen and wonder if their characters are going to die from the neglect. Those characters are just demanding little things. Can't leave them on their own for a minute without someone starting a war......

Not to bring up a classic Star Wars cliché, but.....

I have a very bad feeling about this....

Last time things went down like this, I lost everything I had in game. It was Star Wars Galaxies and when I logged in, EVERYTHING I had was gone and Sony refused to do anything to help me.

Edited by DarknessInLight

I kind of figured there would be issues with this. Any time there is a server shift or update something always comes up to cause delays.

Same. I knew when it went down it would be a good 24hrs before I played again. I expect when it does come back up there will still be issues they will work a little at a time on the remaining week. Take the weekend off, Monday down and restarts, Tuesday half a day down as well. I joke a lot but this is not EA or BW. It's what happens in an MMO when big transitions happen. It'll all be good in a week or so. :p

there was never mentioned or announced in the maintenance notice through the game launcher a minimum time frame all that maintenance announcement said was 1am pst to 1pm pst fpr maintenance to be done and completed I don't troll the forums nor do I read the forums on a regular basis so I knew nothing about the fact that they were also merging the servers ect. so don't blame me for not knowing I go by specified maintenance announcements made through the game launcher have a nice day or evening or whatever the case may be for you
At this point, I'm pretty sure you don't understand what the word "Minimum" means or the concept behind it. Minimum means "This will take at least this amount of time, period, end of story." They did not say "maximum", the update also said they estimated; they were wrong. If they had said "Maximum" then they'd have over shot their deadline and you MIGHT have {wouldn't} had a point to gripe about.

Not to bring up a classic Star Wars cliché, but.....

I have a very bad feeling about this....

Last time things went down like this, I lost everything I had in game. It was Star Wars Galaxies and when I logged in, EVERYTHING I had was gone and Sony refused to do anything to help me.

Don't worry. I was just on Darth Malgus, and my stuff was all there. When the NA servers come up, your stuff will probably all be there.

You think that many people still work at Bioware Austin do ya? On this game? Oh, that's precious.

You also don't know anyone in the IT industry likely to think that people there don't work 20+ hour shifts when major network revamps like this take place.

Seriously though, adorable.

OMG really i do know people who are IT's just so you know. and when they do stuff like they are doing now they work in shift to help it run smoother and faster. but you just proved how dumb you truly are. have a nice night PennyAnn