Let us make an Petition, West Coast Server.

-JE-BLAZAR-

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What don't you get? No one asked for servers to be moved to the other side of the country. You don't need to be petty.

I didn't ask for servers to be merged at all, but you know what - these same people told me to "suck it up".

Edited by CrazyCT

This is what happens when you demand server merges. They're merging the servers. At least you're getting your guild ship.

Honestly, I think that even if the SWTOR community hadn't been vocal in their request for server merges, BW/EA would have done it solely as a business decision. Likely, they gave us that whole "server merges" thread to throw us the illusion of a bone, make it seem like we had some say in server merges when in reality, BW/EA will do what they need/want to do in order to increase revenue and minimize costs.

Edited by SolarSaenz

Honestly, I think that even if the SWTOR community hadn't been vocal in their request for server merges, BW/EA would have done it solely as a business decision.

They probably would have. It's just ironic that the same people who WERE so vocal, are now very vocal again about how it's so unfair, because it's not going to be the benefit they assumed it would be.

They probably would have. It's just ironic that the same people who WERE so vocal, are now very vocal again about how it's so unfair, because it's not going to be the benefit they assumed it would be.

It's all about complain and demand.....

They are complaining about the lack of people on a server for ops and demanding a merge....but -please not at cost of their connection......all others shall be affected by the merge, but not me-.....

Well......you draw the short straw...now get used to it....

I can kind of see CT's point. I mean, many on the forums have pleaded for merged servers for a long time. They didn't care if others didn't want a merger, they didn't care for the concerns other people had, fear of losing Strongholds and the likes. All that mattered was merging and faster queues. Now they're getting it but the fine print reads "on East Coast servers". Suppose there's always a catch.

Still as I'm not a complete a-hole and realize those who didn't want mergers are now duped by this too, because I want this game to maintain what little subscribers it has and I'm not unsympathetic to the ridiculous pings people are experiencing now...

/signed

Oh joy. It's the server merge circle jerk all over again because some people are petty and butthurt. Yay. :rolleyes:

Edited by kodrac

I can kind of see CT's point. I mean, many on the forums have pleaded for merged servers for a long time. They didn't care if others didn't want a merger, they didn't care for the concerns other people had, fear of losing Strongholds and the likes. All that mattered was merging and faster queues. Now they're getting it but the fine print reads "on East Coast servers". Suppose there's always a catch.

Still as I'm not a complete a-hole and realize those who didn't want mergers are now duped by this too, because I want this game to maintain what little subscribers it has and I'm not unsympathetic to the ridiculous pings people are experiencing now...

/signed

300 is not a ridiculous ping at all....still playable....

Ridiculous would be 30000......

^^^THIS is what hurts the most...you guys aren't quitting over a crappy story, a bad WZ, lack of this or that...you're being forcibly removed.

That's what's sad about it man, obviously they didn't want people to have this hard of a time after the server move, but I have a feeling that this wasn't up to the devs- also they wouldn't be doing this unless they needed to save money.

As someone who has played on harby from the beginning. I never said anything one way or another about server mergers. I complain now merely because, quite frankly, it inconveniences me, and I have been a long time subscriber.

It also hurts the game's playability for some of my guild members who live in the Pacific.

From where I live, were the servers located west coast or in texas there wouldn't be that big a ping difference. There was a large one, which would seem to imply a move to the east coast from my (albeit very tiny) understanding of such things.

That said, I've played this game while traveling internationally with like a 300 ms ping, so obviously I will deal with it. That doesn't mean I have to be particularly happy abou t it, or that people who deal with that regularly will continue to play a game that has noticeable lag.

Edited by KendraP

That's what's sad about it man, obviously they didn't want people to have this hard of a time after the server move, but I have a feeling that this wasn't up to the devs- also they wouldn't be doing this unless they needed to save money.

Saving money is probably the reason behind it. Server Mergers are always revenue negative. They probably put together the numbers on expected people leaving and expected people joining as a result of the mergers and ended up with a payback period that was too long for the accountants so they had to find additional cost savings somewhere

Hey all!

I am from the EU, the NL.

My ping is fine, 20-30 MS, and I am saddened about the loss for the APAC players.

I do not want to make an similar thread like others, but regarding the severity of this case I think I should, I think it is good to make an petition and make an voice for all our fellow players who are affected by this change what was not mentioned to us upfront.

It is clear that the USA servers are now all on the East Coast..

I tested it in the game, read the comments on the forums, also friends from the USA come with similar results, and even the game itself says on server login it is EAST COAST.

Like Icykill says, it is impossible to get an much lesser ping (like below 140/200, like it was for you guys before from australia for example), only thing what can be ironed out is mostly the spikes.

So let us make an voice for all the people who are hit by this effect to make an petition.

And demand the following:

1. 1 West Coast Server

2. If this is not possible, an clear and honest answer, why not?

- Do livestream it, and mainly Keith should do this.

- Also tell what options are on the table and how much you think you can reduce the ping for these people.

An good note to remember with rough calculations is that USA players are on the east coast at minimum more or less 90 ms apart from the EU servers and vice versa. This distance is more or less 6.000 KM. From Eascoast where the servers are located towards Sydney is around 16.000 KM, 16 divided by 6 = 2,67 that means if we multiply this with 90 ms (from 6k KM) the server lag should be in theory at minimum 240 MS. So I do utter hope that someday soon for you all are affected, that the internet connection gets made better and more straightlined from point A too B, and it will result in an MS of 240-300 MS, I mean that is better then now some of you have. Someone I know from sydney is with 700-800 ms spikes or 500 ms most of the time, this will make it a bit better if this connection becomes more improved.. but yeah it sucks. Btw if we calculate from the westcoast to sydney it is 12k KM with 180 MS, and that is something similar just like my friend had before. I do hope that bioware can do something, there is definitely something going on, and the data goes to slow/ or routes to far around then it also should. But it would be great if simply for these people an west coast server can be made I think. Please help these people.

Thank you allready in advance. And let us make an voice for our fellow comrades from APAC and beyond.

Post with /Signed.

Greets from the Netherlands, and this is mine ---> /signed :mon_cool:

/Signed Too.

Consider me /signed for the petition. I think $$$ have more impact than petitions for this situation. Which puts APAC players in a worse situation, I think. Continue to sub for a game that has worse than ever ping, in order to have a voice in the situation. Or, drop the sub and have little "$bottom line$" input. I'm with you, APAC players. Hoping for the best.

/signed

For emphasis,

Suppose there's always a catch.

When Strongholds first went live, there were requests to up the number of personnel decorations placed in a SH. That wish was granted ... by removing sounds from pet and animal mount decorations. Players were never told that getting one thing meant specifically sacrificing another thing. The Satele Shan server's location being on the east coast reminds me of that. Along the lines of the short story, "The Monkey's Paw."

I liked being in a small community, and wasn't pro-server merge. That ship has sailed. I won't know if I'll continue to sub until after the merge, and I see what it's like.

I agree. This move strikes me as a bean counter, TPTB, decision. "You want new hardware for a server merge? Cut costs." I don't know the devs, but I doubt that they'd be excited at the prospect of zero NA servers on the west coast.

Best thing is to get it out on twitter, youtube and so on and then the media sites are going to pick it up and show really how bad Bioware make decisions that impact on the player base with ninja tactics that this team seem to do on a regular basis and then use the come back ohh we forgot it in the patch notes. Also below is a link to one MMO news site that has done a small clip about it.

Massively OP

Best thing is to get it out on twitter, youtube and so on and then the media sites are going to pick it up and show really how bad Bioware make decisions that impact on the player base with ninja tactics that this team seem to do on a regular basis and then use the come back ohh we forgot it in the patch notes. Also below is a link to one MMO news site that has done a small clip about it.

Massively OP

That is probably the best way to go about it. Get it out on media outlets. Get it out on other gaming forums.

I noticed dulfy is staying away from announcing what bioware has done which is a bit of a shock. Maybe she wants another in game item made after her and choose to not say anything against bioware.

Either way, Best to go beyond these forums thats for sure.