Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Right this is something that has been driving me crazy for a while, I'll leave it here and see if any of you can help me.

I enjoy the Inquisitor archetype (Obviously, it's come up plus Icon) but it's not active/ direct/ aggressive? enough in approach, I get bored/ frustrated with it.

The Obvious thing to try Is Sith Warrior, but is it possible to play a cunning Warrior? My problem is best illustrated by how you defeat Valky, Mind games are SI playground but would a Sith warrior think/ know to use `Kneel before the dragon of Zakuul` ? Characters behaving consistently (what ever that happens to look like for them :) ) is really important for me; they don't have to say/ do everything right but they can't say/ do anything that is definitely wrong for the character (as you have played them).

If there are large contradictions I will get to them and then have to start again (I have a history of doing this :( ), I have attention span issues so getting anywhere in a game is hard enough without having to constantly start again :mad: .

-Sighs- Any suggestions? :rak_confused:

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Paul was supposed to make an "I love Vaylin thread" but it never happened!

I've got to think of a way to make it look both professional and funny ... but I suspect it'll need more than just 'Gimme Vaylin companion plox'

Maybe if I Photoshop ... Arcann, Senya and Lana looking sad ... that'll do the trick. I might even start the Vaylin War of 2018! :o

Right this is something that has been driving me crazy for a while, I'll leave it here and see if any of you can help me.

I enjoy the Inquisitor archetype (Obviously, it's come up plus Icon) but it's not active/ direct/ aggressive? enough in approach, I get bored/ frustrated with it.

The Obvious thing to try Is Sith Warrior but is it possible to play a cunning Warrior? My problem with it is best illustrated by how you defeat Valky, Mind games are SI playground but would a Sith warrior think/ know to use `Kneel before the dragon of Zakuul` ? Characters behaving consistently (what ever that happens to look like for them :) ) is really important for me; they don't have to say/ do everything right but they can't say/ do anything that is definitely wrong for the character (as you have played them).

If there are large contradictions I will get to them and then have to start again (I have a history of doing this :( ), I have attention span issues so getting anywhere in a game is hard enough without having to constantly start again :mad: .

You mean during the final fight when it's used o Valkorian?

I've got to think of a way to make it look both professional and funny ... but I suspect it'll need more than just 'Gimme Vaylin companion plox'

Maybe if I Photoshop ... Arcann, Senya and Lana looking sad ... that'll do the trick. I might even start the Vaylin War of 2018! :o

You mean during the final fight when it's used o Valkorian?

I like everything about this post :D

Yeah in the final fight, for some of the classes outside of SI it seems to come out of the left field. what made them try that? There was no lead up :confused: .

If they had to merge servers why not merge them with a server which wouldn't cause the ping to rise so steeply? (I apologise if this is a stupid comment, I have no working understanding of how on-line games run). Surely having a portion of your player base unable to play is bad business practice ?:confused:

From what I remember reading by other posters, it was done to cut down financial costs of maintaining two servers in separate locations while trying to provide a stable connection to many. That, unfortanely didn't work out as we saw in forums after the (or was it before?) the United Forces-update.

The Obvious thing to try Is Sith Warrior, but is it possible to play a cunning Warrior? My problem is best illustrated by how you defeat Valky, Mind games are SI playground but would a Sith warrior think/ know to use `Kneel before the dragon of Zakuul` ? Characters behaving consistently (what ever that happens to look like for them :) ) is really important for me; they don't have to say/ do everything right but they can't say/ do anything that is definitely wrong for the character (as you have played them).

I don't see why a Warrior could not defeat Valkorion, s/he got outwitted by Baras in the class story at first but a lot has happened since. If you play your Warrior as honorable, maybe light-leaning one, I don't see him/her resorting to using the phrase since that could be considered as unhonorable. Dark side Warrior though, I could very much see them taking every advantage they can get.

Edited by Rebamcfan

The Obvious thing to try Is Sith Warrior, but is it possible to play a cunning Warrior?

Of course. Nobody says that a warrior should be stupid. I had a type of cunning and insidious troll-warrior who outwitted all his opponents.

To everything, in KOTFE all the characters behave equally stupidly.

From what I remember reading by other posters, it was done to cut down financial costs of maintaining two servers in separate locations while trying to provide a stable connection to many. That, unfortanely didn't work out as we saw in forums after the (or was it before?) the United Forces-update.

Ahhh right, thank you.

I don't see why a Warrior could not defeat Valkorion, s/he got outwitted by Baras in the class story at first but a lot has happened since. If you play your Warrior as honorable, maybe light-leaning one, I don't see him/her resorting to using the phrase since that could be considered as unhonorable. Dark side Warrior though, I could very much see them taking every advantage they can get.

No sorry :):o I didn't mean could they do it. Obviously they can, they do. I mean does it make sense for them to do it that way? In the warrior storyline are you able to play a cunning character to whom that approach would occur? Or is it just an anomaly?

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

You can easily play SW as someone with a lot of hidden depths and that includes a great intelligence. With the right conversation choices you can show that your blood-blue upbringing was not limited to “Jump, kill and if hungry eat”. You can catch some people in universe off guard due to them seeing you as simple brute. You will have a lot of options to be a deadpan snarker too ;) But you will be direct, not "in the back", thats for sure.

You also will be very proud, will have blood knight tendencies even if LS, will have some chances to be a manipulative bastard and ooze confidence and power.

As for male SW voice... It is awesome (and sexy, but that could be just me).

Edited by RandomName_Ru

You can easily play SW as someone with a lot of hidden depths and that includes a great intelligence. With the right conversation choices you can show that your blood-blue upbringing was not limited to “Jump, kill and if hungry eat”. You can catch some people in universe off guard due to them seeing you as simple brute. You will have a lot of options to be a deadpan snarker too ;) But you will be direct, not "in the back", thats for sure.

You also will be very proud, will have blood knight tendencies even if LS, will have some chances to be a manipulative bastard and ooze confidence and power.

Well you certainly know how to sell it :D:cool:

Thanks, looks like I know what I'm trying next :rak_04:

Your all brilliant :o you would not believe how long I've been going back and forth on this subject. Intensely aggravating.

Ahhh right, thank you.

No problem.

No sorry :):o I didn't mean could they do it. Obviously they can, they do. I mean does it make sense for them to do it that way? In the warrior storyline are you able to play a cunning character to whom that approach would occur? Or is it just an anomaly?

And sorry about that, I misintepreted your post it seems :D

This is excellent answer.

No problem.

And sorry about that, I misintepreted your post it seems :D

Not at all, I worded it poorly to begin with :) Thank you for responding. The whole subject had been irritating me for a while, but no one I talk to about it in the real world has the faintest clue what I'm banging on about :D . Doesn't stop me from doing it (to their dismay), just limits helpful responses.

mmm....so most of us play on Malgus ? :rolleyes: (that sounded nasty i know, but i kinda like it? lol)

so that means...we can all break into Eshvaras Arcann sanctuary with our sweet golden boy as a companion and have a Arcann party! lol :D:D:D

we can also steal some cookies from Baras so we dont starve to death :D

mmm....so most of us play on Malgus ? :rolleyes: (that sounded nasty i know, but i kinda like it? lol)

so that means...we can all break into Eshvaras Arcann sanctuary with our sweet golden boy as a companion and have a Arcann party! lol :D:D:D

we can also steal some cookies from Baras so we dont starve to death :D

Whoa whoa Milli, you're on Malgus too? ;O

Nobody? Just by mentioning you, Paul (DAMN IT!) turned one of my innocent toons into Arcannite. I wounder what will happen if you manifest fully in this thread ;)

Funny thing, that. I turned him onto the Arcann train. :D If I'm spreading the Arcann love, then my job is accomplished. ;)

This is more of an out of curiosity question, but from where do we all Arcann-lovers come from? :) A Finn from Darth Malgus (formerly of The Progenitor) in here :D

Good ol' U.S. of A here. I started out on The Ebon Hawk (now Star Forge). I moved Ixa (my main) over to Darth Malgus to hang with my swtorfamily guild. I also have an Ixa clone on Star Forge as well. :) If you've seen a redheaded Zakuulan Exarch in black armor running around with Arcann... you've probably seen me. :D

Lets do this !!!

we can also set up a corner with a Vaylin holo so Paul wont feel lonely! :D:D

ill try my best to find sea cows with green milk aswell ! :D:D

I guess we wouldn't want Paul to feel excluded.:rak_03::D:p

Not so sure about green milk.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara