Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

- It discusses both Theron and Lana, or at least my Tweets & Charles' replies do, in terms of choices made on Nathema and Theron and Lana possibly leaving us for the new expansion. My thinking is, if they've put thought into which parameters would and would not cause Lana/Theron to leave us then surely that may indicate they mean to keep both around for players? Otherwise, why bother putting any thought into it at all? But maybe that's just me trying too hard to be optimistic about this and grasping at straws.

Yeah and he can also honestly say that Iokath won't affect Theron if he gets put on the basement shelf, story/content-wise, due to a kill option on Nathema too. So maybe they didn't need to bother with parameters? *mutters*

I'm incredibly pessimistic over this myself, obviously.

Edited by Asmodesu

I'm pretty anxious with how this will play out. We all know that if Theron gets a kill option he'll all but disappear from the game just like Koth and the other companions do. Sure, they gave Arcann a romance even though he's killable but it wasn't exactly fulfilling and I doubt they'll do very much with it from here on, which is the same fear I have with Theron.

Also less enthused when I think about how going back to Republic v Empire will work, especially if they split Lana and Theron off into their original factions so you might only see them sometimes (if at all.) I've only romanced Theron on Imperial characters I can't say I'd be happy if I rarely got to see him because of it. (Though I think I'd be angrier if my Imperial's who defected on Iokath got forced back to the Empire, but I suspect Bioware will do it just to make life easy on themselves.)

They've already fed the haters with stirring the pot when it comes to killing Quinn and Koth and how disgustingly happy they seemed to be to encourage it, and the last thing I need is for another of my favourites to suffer the same fate. :mad:

Edited by Farferello

What about the people who want him dead? :rak_02:

The problem with this is they have done this numerous of times and those that romance the companion end up on the losing end. They are written out of the story (with the one exception but that was a rare case) and that is not fair to those people.

What is happening with all this is they are beginning to lose more subs because of the way they have handled it. With the mess they made of the conquest and this, I am sure that they can't afford to keep losing subs but they don't seem to consider what others want, just the ones that scream for the death.

Sure my sorceress wants to kill Theron because of the way she perceives his betrayal but I for one would forgo that if that is going to remove him for others. It is not fair for them to have the companion removed from their story just because some want to kill him. They have overused the kill option since they never could figure out a way to have the companion still involved in the story for those that didn't kill them.

Edited by casirabit

Lets be honest here.

What are the chances that there WILL be a kill option for Theron? It makes me feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it but at the same time, I feel that with the vocal people who want him killed might get their wish.

If they wanted to keep Theron around for 6.0 but still want to let players punish him, the choice could boil just boil down to imprison him vs forgiving him (What would you guys think of this if this turned out to be the case)

To sum it up, there has to be some type of conclusion between Commander and Theron. I can bet you that this wouldn't be swept under the rug even if Theron had a good reason.

Lets be honest here.

What are the chances that there WILL be a kill option for Theron? It makes me feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it but at the same time, I feel that with the vocal people who want him killed might get their wish.

If they wanted to keep Theron around for 6.0 but still want to let players punish him, the choice could boil just boil down to imprison him vs forgiving him (What would you guys think of this if this turned out to be the case)

To sum it up, there has to be some type of conclusion between Commander and Theron. I can bet you that this wouldn't be swept under the rug even if Theron had a good reason.

I don't know, regardless of whether there is one or not - they've set themselves up for some backlash from either side regardless of the outcome.

Prison or Exile would be the neutral outcome (IMO) It doesn't kill him off, but also doesn't remove him from returning.

You've also got come vultures circling on Reddit.

Even if we exile him, it is the same as a kill option. Or at least it has been in the past.

I am afraid of the kill option as well. I have very real life reasons for that as I have posted elsewhere. My husband is sick, we don't know if a cure will be found, treatment has slowed the progression of disease, but since Christmas new symptoms have shown up, and it has been scary. I worry that we won't grow old together, that I will be a widow in the next 10 years. SWtoR is my escape from the reality that I live in each day. When he is asleep I cope by running around in this fantasy world where I can be a sith warrior and a princess at the same time, I never get older, and if I get hurt by a mob my handsome medic is right there to patch me up. I can also be a sarcastic bounty hunter, who falls for the wrong guy, one from the Republic, and also happens to be a spy. I knew he was a spy going in. Which means taking a risk that he was going to do something spy like. Umbara isn't the first time he has run off half cocked and done something stupid. Ziost? Yeah, that was all Theron. But if, as has been hinted, he is doing all of this to protect the PC, why would I kill or exile him? Did he do the wrong thing? Sure. Did he do it for the right reasons? Yes. I hate the kill options because they take our LIs from those of us that want them. And it is too close to my reality.

Don't we have enough people in the rest of the game we can kill? Why are we resorting to killing LIs? If BW could do something where a kill option didn't effect the rest of the player base then fine, but since it does, I am dead set against it. I understand the real life reasons, having all these VAs around to voice little scenes is expensive. And then there are their schedules to think of. I mean, look at Grey's IMDB page, I don't know when she finds time to sleep. But killing them shouldn't have been the go to answer so they wouldn't have to pay them or write small little parts for them.

What would be nice, and they wouldn't have to pay VAs, would be little scenes where you are in route to a mission, or coming back from a mission and you walk passed your LI, just a smile, or something, that shows they are with you, they are important to you. Small things like that would make a difference. Then the companions wouldn't feel dead.

Edited by rachetsw

These kill options are terrible but they're ideal for Bioware. Not only does it give them plenty of reason to cheap out on VA's and scene/animation creation but they get to point the finger at us if anyone complains about a lack of companion presence. "Sorry guys but many of you wanted these characters dead so now we cannot justify their presence financially."

Then again, even if everyone lived for each player, I still see companion presence and LI interaction go even further down the drain come 6.0.

- It discusses both Theron and Lana, or at least my Tweets & Charles' replies do, in terms of choices made on Nathema and Theron and Lana possibly leaving us for the new expansion. My thinking is, if they've put thought into which parameters would and would not cause Lana/Theron to leave us then surely that may indicate they mean to keep both around for players? Otherwise, why bother putting any thought into it at all? But maybe that's just me trying too hard to be optimistic about this and grasping at straws.

That's how I interpreted it too. If they're planning to have a potential outcome in which Lana leaves due to our actions, then it's reasonable to assume that something similar would also be put in place with Theron, in which case it seems unlikely that there would be a kill/exile option for him in The Nathema Conspiracy flashpoint because it would be creating more work for the devs down the line with Theron having multiple fates etc.

Edited by AbilityDrain

What would be nice, and they wouldn't have to pay VAs, would be little scenes where you are in route to a mission, or coming back from a mission and you walk passed your LI, just a smile, or something, that shows they are with you, they are important to you. Small things like that would make a difference. Then the companions wouldn't feel dead.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

I'm in total agreement with your idea of having body language/non-voiced animations between characters during cutscenes to show closeness/feelings (be that love, hate or friendship), it would be an excellent way to depict thoughts and emotions without words or the use of VO. I did notice that Kotet engaged in that a little more than they did with the vanilla game or Kotfe, but it still has a long way to go.

Dragon Age: Inquisition done a good job with its body language... or perhaps it was just more noticeable in the Frostbite engine? The Engine they use for SWTOR is a bit janky with it's facial and body animations lol.

oh good grief ----well I will be at my sister's who will not let me play games on her computer from the 30th till the 6th ---

but still ...... had a weird feeling today something like this would happen .....

ok bump it up to 6 days till we get Theron back ... no more delays, please !!

I'll be awake and playing at 2am friday morning, as usual.. can't say I like the delay. Putting off the inevitable is making the wait even worse. But I expected a longer delay so *shrug* at least this way they can ignore any hate thrown on the forums for the weekend?

At least if it doesn't get delayed anymore it will be May 4th in Australia.

I'll be awake and playing at 2am friday morning, as usual.. can't say I like the delay. Putting off the inevitable is making the wait even worse. But I expected a longer delay so *shrug* at least this way they can ignore any hate thrown on the forums for the weekend?

At least if it doesn't get delayed anymore it will be May 4th in Australia.

But then again if there's any huge bugs will they have to wait over the weekend which would be terrible.

I wouldn't mind if it was delayed one more day because then it'd be released here in Australia on Saturday and I could actually play on release for a change instead of literally watching the clock at work all day. ;)

I just hope when the FP releases that story wise there are no bugs which could wreck quite literally years worth of story/romance build up at this point.

But then again if there's any huge bugs will they have to wait over the weekend which would be terrible.

I wouldn't mind if it was delayed one more day because then it'd be released here in Australia on Saturday and I could actually play on release for a change instead of literally watching the clock at work all day. ;)

I just hope when the FP releases that story wise there are no bugs which could wreck quite literally years worth of story/romance build up at this point.

At least you can ask if you should be excited before it drops, if you like Theron obviously. I just want it over and done with at this point. I hope I can be pleasantly surprised and he has no death or exile or imprisonment but I highly doubt it at this point. The continuous delays do not make it easier lol.

I hope I can be pleasantly surprised and he has no death or exile or imprisonment but I highly doubt it at this point. The continuous delays do not make it easier lol.

I'm with you in that I doubt there won't be a kill/imprison option. I really think they'll try to get rid of both Theron and Lana before 6.0 so they can introduce new characters to replace them.

There's actually an entire thread on another forum for people to post how they'd kill Theron...I'd avoid it unless you want to read some rather vivid fantasies on how people imagine killing him. It'll only get worse once this FP is released...

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'm with you in that I doubt there won't be a kill/imprison option. I really think they'll try to get rid of both Theron and Lana before 6.0 so they can introduce new characters to replace them.

There's actually an entire thread on another forum for people to post how they'd kill Theron...I'd avoid it unless you want to read some rather vivid fantasies on how people imagine killing him. It'll only get worse once this FP is released...

Yup I saw it, and Bioware loves and encourages those people as the preferred players they want in the game, as they are the ones that always get what they want give or take a specified 'way' to do the action, Thankfully if there is a kill option I won't be around here. Talking only to the fact each LI returned during the main storyline has a kill option, some of them are fantasies produced in game to many of these people, just look at the cutscenes, far more work put into the kill option scenes then the non-kill got which was like a line or two instead

I'll force myself to play class stories again though due to my bf resubbing my account for me without asking yesterday, so I won't waste his money but I won't be happy about it.

Edited by Asmodesu

Yup I saw it, and Bioware loves and encourages those people as the preferred players they want in the game, as they are the ones that always get what they want give or take a specified 'way' to do the action, Thankfully if there is a kill option I won't be around here. Talking only to the fact each LI returned during the main storyline has a kill option, some of them are fantasies produced in game to many of these people, just look at the cutscenes, far more work put into the kill option scenes then the non-kill got which was like a line or two instead

I'll force myself to play class stories again though due to my bf resubbing my account for me without asking yesterday, so I won't waste his money but I won't be happy about it.

If there is one, I'll make new characters and play through ET with them (there's some cute lines and scenes in the expansions) the be done. No Iokath or anything else. And when my sub runs out, that would be the end of it for me. I'm tired of losing characters I like to other's bloodlust.

Same. My sub just renewed so I am here until the end of May no matter what. But Nathema will decide if I continue my sub or not. If Theron is written out of the story then I will finish up my SW clones and my bh clone until it runs out.

I think making the rational players live with the edgelords decisions is *Undermining their own game. Story diversity, numbers / varieties of companions, story options, all of these and more are reduced (Dumbed down) if the *Vast majority of characters are dead in just a small percentages game. Most of BWs work would never come into play. The players that appreciate certain characters would also only have an empty Husk if B.W. thinks that character had been *Eliminated in a high enough percentage already. That "Kill / No Kill Option" has caused trouble all the way and most players already have dead..ish companions due to that option (Made by other people).