Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Same. My sub just renewed so I am here until the end of May no matter what. But Nathema will decide if I continue my sub or not. If Theron is written out of the story then I will finish up my SW clones and my bh clone until it runs out.

I am with you on that account. Nathema will determine if I continue with the game or not. And it's not just Theron either. Most companions have been relegated to 'pets' for lack of another term. If Theron loses his place in the ongoing story, or even Lana for those that love her, it just means that BW has no intention of continuing with companion interaction at all.

And IF Lana continues but Theron is left in the dust, I'm not going to sign on for the Lana show. Also, if they do introduce new characters in 6.0 what's to prevent them from taking those from us too?

This whole kill option has not been good for the game. In a console game, you can kill, then replay the whole game again with a different option. An MMO is a perpetual world, once something is gone, it's gone. Kill options were NEVER a good idea. It negates that character from the ongoing story forever, even if you choose not to kill them.

Edited by MishaCantu

Same. My sub just renewed so I am here until the end of May no matter what. But Nathema will decide if I continue my sub or not. If Theron is written out of the story then I will finish up my SW clones and my bh clone until it runs out.

I am with you on that account. Nathema will determine if I continue with the game or not. And it's not just Theron either. Most companions have been relegated to 'pets' for lack of another term. If Theron loses his place in the ongoing story, or even Lana for those that love her, it just means that BW has no intention of continuing with companion interaction at all.

And IF Lana continues but Theron is left in the dust, I'm not going to sign on for the Lana show. Also, if they do introduce new characters in 6.0 what's to prevent them from taking those from us too?

This whole kill option has not been good for the game. In a console game, you can kill, then replay the whole game again with a different option. An MMO is a perpetual world, once something is gone, it's gone. Kill options were NEVER a good idea. It negates that character from the ongoing story forever, even if you choose not to kill them.

Same here kill option happens for Theron I'm gone this next update is the deciding factor for quite a few people. It is getting old. All our original companions that came back during KOTFE turned into cardboard cut outs after they returned, minus Kaliyo and Aric Jorgan until Chapter XIII of KOTFE when they both got their kill options and I don't expect anything to come of this Arcann romance that just happened other than what people got who chose to romance him and I of course didn't cause my toons that went through story are all in a relationship with Theron Shan.

I just am so tired of choices I make in my story not mattering due to kill options and exiling. It writes them out and while I like Lana as a character I am not sticking around for a Lana love fest while my LI even if I spared him I won't get to talk to or interact with anymore. I didn't see Arcann involved in the whole Iokath or Crisis on Umbara story all I ended up with was a creepy letter from him after what happened with Theron and I am like "Dude! Seriously? I just lost my lover and you are coming onto me?! Talk about desperate..."

But yeah, my question is this: How many more subs can SWTOR afford to lose? Theron could cost them a lot of people cause a lot of us are getting tired of companions, especially LI companions, being written out.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Also, if they do introduce new characters in 6.0 what's to prevent them from taking those from us too?

This worries me and depending on how things move forward with Theron, and possibly Lana, I'm going to feel extremely reluctant engaging with any new characters or growing 'attached' to them. Why set myself up for further upset?

This worries me and depending on how things move forward with Theron, and possibly Lana, I'm going to feel extremely reluctant engaging with any new characters or growing 'attached' to them. Why set myself up for further upset?

Maybe that is the plan? Get as many people of leave as they can so they can divert whatever funding is going into SWTOR to Anthem. :confused:

Maybe that is the plan? Get as many people of leave as they can so they can divert whatever funding is going into SWTOR to Anthem. :confused:

I swear the plan is that they only want the ops players left playing the game now (current year!), PvP and story players have received a lot of hits with the content course change 180 .

Edited by Asmodesu

I've wondered this myself for a while now. A number of issues / events seem almost Destined to upset many of their target audience. Conquest being the latest, the reunions and their "Lack Of Happiness", Content Droughts, Ignoring their "Bill Payers". It sometimes seems as intended (No Chance it coulda turned out differently). Gives me the chills.

Im new sub because Im playing all the classes for the first time, but Im hoping Nathema turns out well. I am afraid of the kill option because they said there's lots of Theron,which while great, it can also mean they just fulled up Theron content to just leave it there. There's also the fear on wether they somehow make you choose between Theron and Lana in the end. Wether I keep playing or not after the fact, Im unsure. I might just not play my main character and Theron romancer though :( . If they are bringing new companions with romance:

A) They better be good looking XD

B) be romanceable for both genders

C) Good enough romance content

I don't mind new options because I don't want like 5 of my characters romance Theron lol, because of lack of male/male optins, but I also don't want characters pushed away for them. I don't mind even if Lana and Theron are mostly just part of the story but don't have as many romance interections anymore, as long as they are there and speak every now and then I would be happy. Seems ridiculous at this point to shrug them off fully, I just expect a reduced role, which is fine I guess.

Im new sub because Im playing all the classes for the first time, but Im hoping Nathema turns out well. I am afraid of the kill option because they said there's lots of Theron,which while great, it can also mean they just fulled up Theron content to just leave it there. There's also the fear on wether they somehow make you choose between Theron and Lana in the end. Wether I keep playing or not after the fact, Im unsure. I might just not play my main character and Theron romancer though :( . If they are bringing new companions with romance:

A) They better be good looking XD

B) be romanceable for both genders

C) Good enough romance content

I don't mind new options because I don't want like 5 of my characters romance Theron lol, because of lack of male/male optins, but I also don't want characters pushed away for them. I don't mind even if Lana and Theron are mostly just part of the story but don't have as many romance interections anymore, as long as they are there and speak every now and then I would be happy. Seems ridiculous at this point to shrug them off fully, I just expect a reduced role, which is fine I guess.

I hope you're enjoying the game so far!

Also lucky you! you have 3 options - Theron, Koth, Arcann (and a rumour of a fourth in the future) available for m/m :)

I agree with you for being okay with a smaller role, but I'm not okay with losing a 5th character I really like to the basement shelf because some other person may have ditched him from their character's story even if I did not.

I'm sorry you came in to join us in a anxious time for the "old timers" here, please don't let it affect your enjoyment if you can help it :D the content with Theron, Lana etc is rather good up until now!

Edited by Asmodesu

I hope you're enjoying the game so far!

Also lucky you! you have 3 options - Theron, Koth, Arcann (and a rumour of a fourth in the future) available for m/m :)

I agree with you for being okay with a smaller role, but I'm not okay with losing a 5th character I really like to the basement shelf because some other person may have ditched him from their character's story even if I did not.

I'm sorry you came in to join us in a anxious time for the "old timers" here, please don't let it affect your enjoyment if you can help it :D the content with Theron, Lana etc is rather good up until now!

Hahaha no worries! I am having a good time overall. And I can imagine myself feeling this way as well if I had that much play time wih the game at this point. I done so far the jedi knight complete with all expansions, up until the iokath and traitor content. And then finished sith inquisitor, up to shadow of revan, I didn't romance Theron on that one, went for Ashara to compare how a class story romance plays out vs an expansion one. It was nice to see being on the other side as Imp, for both Lana and Theron is a different experience, different flirts and such, so at least I do have that to look forward to try on other characters. Looking forward to romancing Theron with an imperial agent that I just started. I'll definitely try out Arcann, Koth im not sure cuz his writing felt a bit over the place plot wise for me lol, but will see, Im sure ill find the right character for him.

But Yeah I hope Theron turns out all right from all of this, from all the Bioware romances I feel this one is my favorite by far, really loved the Kotet moments with him and how the relationship evolves from SOR to KOtFE. I do hope females also get more SS soon.

Hahaha no worries! I am having a good time overall. And I can imagine myself feeling this way as well if I had that much play time wih the game at this point. I done so far the jedi knight complete with all expansions, up until the iokath and traitor content. And then finished sith inquisitor, up to shadow of revan, I didn't romance Theron on that one, went for Ashara to compare how a class story romance plays out vs an expansion one. It was nice to see being on the other side as Imp, for both Lana and Theron is a different experience, different flirts and such, so at least I do have that to look forward to try on other characters. Looking forward to romancing Theron with an imperial agent that I just started. I'll definitely try out Arcann, Koth im not sure cuz his writing felt a bit over the place plot wise for me lol, but will see, Im sure ill find the right character for him.

But Yeah I hope Theron turns out all right from all of this, from all the Bioware romances I feel this one is my favorite by far, really loved the Kotet moments with him and how the relationship evolves from SOR to KOtFE. I do hope females also get more SS soon.

I feel like the class story LI's got a full romance arc, unlike the newest ones from SoR onwards, as they have the possibility to end in marriage and grow closer over the class story which I really like, the time frame is nice and steady (3 years from start to end of class story approx), unlike Theron and co (so far). Yeah Koth is a little messy due to his character growth coming in big jumps rather then slowly progressing. Among other options.

Theron is one of my favourites with how the relationship grows, especially with an Imperial character. I will be sad if this is the end of it all - his role in the story, therefore no more relationship growth, it'll be the odd letter and maybe a cutscene at some point if we're lucky if he has a ditch option come Nathema.

I feel like the class story LI's got a full romance arc, unlike the newest ones from SoR onwards, as they have the possibility to end in marriage and grow closer over the class story which I really like, the time frame is nice and steady (3 years from start to end of class story approx), unlike Theron and co (so far). Yeah Koth is a little messy due to his character growth coming in big jumps rather then slowly progressing. Among other options.

Theron is one of my favourites with how the relationship grows, especially with an Imperial character. I will be sad if this is the end of it all - his role in the story, therefore no more relationship growth, it'll be the odd letter and maybe a cutscene at some point if we're lucky if he has a ditch option come Nathema.

Yeah I agree, although I do think Theron and Lana may have overall more romance content due to 3 expansions plus fps, the class stories do have a more defined relationship arc, with more time together alone to talk on the ship plus the marriage possibility poppin in some like you said. Where as Theron and Lana is usually a pause moment during the plot, rather than just meeting and talk about getting to know each other further and such. I would like at the very least something similar to the marriage option happen with Theron and Lana, so even if we get reduced content from them moving forward, we at least have some romance closure.

They've really put themselves into a corner with killing off companions. If this is going to be a recurring theme, then I might not attach my characters to anyone of the future ones (assuming we get companions in the future) out of fear we're just going to kill them off.

As for Theron, I really don't know. I'm convinced he's not loyal to the Zildrog fanatics, but his actions on Umbara and Corpero paint a different picture. To make it worse, compared to the other killable companions, his crimes are by far worse in comparison, I can understand why people want to kill him. So death option or not, Bioware has just walked straight into a lose-lose scenario with this plot.

There is no one else for my merc. She loves Theron. Has believed in him this whole time. Defended him, fought for him, and will forgive him when he returns. A shiny new companion isn't going to replace him.

Besides what would keep any new companions from being killed off or written out in future content?

Since my primary character is a Light-side Jedi, she's going to find it really hard to forgive Theron.

He put a lot of enemies in her path and forced her to kill dozens (hundreds?) of people.

Sure, he would know that she'd win, but she doesn't like killing.

Also, what if her companion had died? (We know OOC they won't, but it's possible from a story perspective.)

If it's just some sort of trick, why couldn't he tell her? At least leave some hints?

There are plenty of things he could say or do that would seem innocuous to an enemy listening in.

I can't imagine a good enough reason to justify what he's done, but since I absolutely love him as a companion and romance option, I hope there _IS_ a great reason that makes sense.

I guess we'll find out soon.

If he dies, well, at least we have a Commemorative Statue of him as a memorial.

(When are we going to get one for Torian Cadera?!?!)

But yeah, my question is this: How many more subs can SWTOR afford to lose?

I expect they can afford to lose quite a lot more of their subs. My theory is that this game is making most of its income from "on-a-whim" in-game purchases which seem to be very popular in a whole range of games lately; they don't really need to spend that much time/money on anything else. This is why I am not holding any hope for a well written conclusion for the traitor story line and/or no kill option for Theron. My favourite might be Malavai, however my main's LI has always been Theron; if he turns into a pet rather than a companion I will most likely be out too.

Saw the latest Twitter post, probably last one till release, still wished we got a trailer unless there's really not a lot of non-spoilery cut scenes to use?

I find the wording of the Tweet interesting,

"Uncover the traitor and face a deadly enemy in a once-dead world that is mysteriously transforming in #SWTOR Game Update ‘The Nathema Conspiracy’– going live May 3!"

Uncover the traitor? They've already made it clear to us it's "Theron." I read into that saying Theron's not really the traitor but there's actually someone else who genuinely is because he's just the undercover guy? Maybe I'm hoping too much that Theron is undercover and it was actually Lana all along? :i_angel:

Edit Tweet link nothing to spoilery: https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/991009416882393089

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Saw the latest Twitter post, probably last one till release, still wished we got a trailer unless there's really not a lot of non-spoilery cut scenes to use?

I find the wording of the Tweet interesting,

"Uncover the traitor and face a deadly enemy in a once-dead world that is mysteriously transforming in #SWTOR Game Update ‘The Nathema Conspiracy’– going live May 3!"

Uncover the traitor? They've already made it clear to us it's "Theron." I read into that saying Theron's not really the traitor but there's actually someone else who genuinely is because he's just the undercover guy? Maybe I'm hoping too much that Theron is undercover and it was actually Lana all along? :i_angel:

Edit Tweet link nothing to spoilery: https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/991009416882393089

Don't they tell us what we already know ahead of every release/update? I wouldn't read too much into that - I'm certainly not expecting any awesome story twist based on the last couple of years. Lana has proved herself too dim to plot anything - unless her messing up has all been an act since SoR.

Don't they tell us what we already know ahead of every release/update? I wouldn't read too much into that - I'm certainly not expecting any awesome story twist based on the last couple of years. Lana has proved herself too dim to plot anything - unless her messing up has all been an act since SoR.

So you're telling me they haven't spent the last 5 months coming up with an amazing/touching story arc conclusion with twists and turns to keep us on our toes... :(

So you're telling me they haven't spent the last 5 months coming up with an amazing/touching story arc conclusion with twists and turns to keep us on our toes... :(

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha... oh, you were serious?

It could always be Lana is the original traitor and we've found no trace of it because Theron uncovered it first and took matters into his own hands. And we've since been so focused on him that she's gone unnoticed save for her OTT reactions. However, the culmination of such a plot would take more than one meager FP to reveal so I don't see that as likely. I'm thinking the FB/Twitter ad means we'll uncover the full story behind the 'traitor' aspect but whoever typed it was either lazy or just a baddie.

They've spent it siphoning every dime they could away from every other BioWare franchise to feed Anthem...

Also hi, I'm back (for now).

Over an hour long flashpoint? please no, there isn't enough time for story already since 1 hr approx likely includes the boss fights and clearing trash.

More effort in a good conclusion, no more of that *insert bad words* bad and rushed writing.

Nope. At most there will be a 90 second conversation at the end if he's your LI or a 30 second one if he's not (with the option to kill).** But they I'm sure they've spend several months planning the next 2 years of CM offers /thumbs up! :D

**obviously I'm hoping I'm very very wrong about any of that. But since BW have not proved anyone wrong in the last 2-3 years....(busy not holding breath).

Nope. At most there will be a 90 second conversation at the end if he's your LI or a 30 second one if he's not (with the option to kill).** But they I'm sure they've spend several months planning the next 2 years of CM offers /thumbs up! :D

**obviously I'm hoping I'm very very wrong about any of that. But since BW have not proved anyone wrong in the last 2-3 years....(busy not holding breath).

** and the kill option cutscene will be longer and better made then the romance one like they have done most of the time.

My expectations are incredibly low, and I'm almost certain they're still going to disappoint me. They said specifically more story then 5.6 .. 5.6 had barely any story, that was Copero.. if this is another copero styled I doubt we'll even get a 90 seconds conclusion. They should have aimed for more story then Umbara, that one had some lengthy cutscenes, more proper for a finale.

Edited by Asmodesu

I am anxious, I wanted this over, I can't settle down enough to write my next chapter in my fic. Ugh. I am just worried about how much story is in the flash point. I want a chance to really talk to Theron, not chase him through Nathema and only get a brief chat at the end. And please for the love of all that is holy, no kill/exile option. For him or Lana. This is my line in the sand. I do not care about those that want to kill him. Too bad for them. They can head cannon it like I do with Pierce. BW has catered to the blood thirsty crowd enough.