Update to the 250% CXP Event.

EricMusco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw. on some servers you are not allowed to type in chat how much you like the event.

I as a Founder was spammed with /w by f2p scrubs who told me "you must be new, it was x12 once!!1111"

Can we please not allow these people to use chat? :/

Btw. on some servers you are not allowed to type in chat how much you like the event.

I as a Founder was spammed with /w by f2p scrubs who told me "you must be new, it was x12 once!!1111"

Can we please not allow these people to use chat? :/

It's too bad you can't just ignore those players...

Fair point. It does raise the question of if the % is a bonus or not. I will simplify it based on your own recommendation :)

Previously the CXP event was meant to be a 2.5x multiplier and it is now a 3.5x multiplier. If you would normally receive 100 CXP, the event would originally grant you 250 CXP and will now grant you 350 CXP.

-eric

Thank you. That is both Math and English savvy. Clear as crystal.

Maths aside, though fully buffed gold elites now award 10 CXP a kill which does beg the question why the change in policy for making farming them viable again.

What is the plan for CXP, it seems we have gone from a very long grind, by design to with luck (and the love of the rng gods) far shorter if you participate in the event over the next couple of months. However when 5.2 lands the event comes to an end it will see a considerable difference in gear from those that have made full use of the 350% cxp and those returning for the new op boss and daily area. I can only imagine this will lead to balance issues of what level to set the new content at.

So what is the plan come 5.2 when a number of people are fully geared, you drop some new content only its considerably less rewarding than content completed now and people probably no longer need the gear, or if you didn't get full sets will be very disilluisoned with rng and unlikely to put 3.5 times the work in to get more junk and more duplicates.

Edited by Costello

After doing some WZ i can say it was a bit exaggerated the 250% boost. I played a few WZ and done command lvl 80 till 89 in like 1 and a half hour. It's too much imo. This was with the tier 1 15% boost. U can do it even faster with better boosts. Over-exaggerated.

Meh....my 2 cents.

So this thread was focused entirely on the "amount" of cxp gained.

My next question involves the CXP weekly cap. Now that we've increased the amount earned, was the CXP cap increased as well or will we still hit the cap at 318,000? (I would think that now a lot more people will be hitting it if that's the case.)

So this thread was focused entirely on the "amount" of cxp gained.

My next question involves the CXP weekly cap. Now that we've increased the amount earned, was the CXP cap increased as well or will we still hit the cap at 318,000? (I would think that now a lot more people will be hitting it if that's the case.)

Per the patch notes

"The Command Point Weekly Cap has been significantly increased."

So its more, just not sure how significant the increase is.

Hey folks,

The math savvy among you are going to notice the current CXP boost in the game for the event is operating at 350% instead of 250% as we originally stated. Since the Mission buffs are coming in 5.1.2 we decided to make the boost even larger until then! Since this was a last minute change, the in-game tooltip will still state 250% but the bonus is in fact 350%. Note that XP and Requisition are still 250%.

Get in there and enjoy your crazy CXP bonus. :rak_03:

-eric

Eric,

People, including myself want the option to turn off the XP BOOST. There is even a thread about it. Please don't ignore us on this because lots of us just won't play with this massive amount of XP.

Can I suggest you read the thread so that you can understand what we want,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913595

Eric, we need an answer today please. If you aren't going to give us the option to turn it off like we had in the past, at least tell us and don't ignore the issue.

Fair point. It does raise the question of if the % is a bonus or not. I will simplify it based on your own recommendation :)

Previously the CXP event was meant to be a 2.5x multiplier and it is now a 3.5x multiplier. If you would normally receive 100 CXP, the event would originally grant you 250 CXP and will now grant you 350 CXP.

-eric

As a player who does not like or do Operations or PVP but likes alts, let us keep this boost forever please. Even as just an option.

If we got this, I would keep on subscribing. But for the grind without it, I can not justify subscribing. Please hear us casual players out and let us keep this wonderful new shiny.:csw_redsaber:

If I had money I would buy the dev team a vacation to make sure that they delay the next patch! :d_evil: Afraid I do not have the cash for such villany.

How long will this event last? Please can you give is info on that?

Edited by PallyHk

-eric

Has the cap been raised at all to compensate for the increased gain?

hey folks,

the math savvy among you are going to notice the current cxp boost in the game for the event is operating at 350% instead of 250% as we originally stated. Since the mission buffs are coming in 5.1.2 we decided to make the boost even larger until then! Since this was a last minute change, the in-game tooltip will still state 250% but the bonus is in fact 350%. Note that xp and requisition are still 250%.

Get in there and enjoy your crazy cxp bonus. :rak_03:

-eric

is there a way to turn off this xp boost for players that dont want to be forces to use it?

-eric

Eric,

The launcher for the game literally says 250% BONUS.

You yourself literally said 250% INCREASE. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913524

Blank your mind for a moment. I you had 1 dollar, and you got a 5% increase in money, how much money would you have?

1.05$.

Now instead of a 5% increase, you had a 250% increase. How much money would you have?

3.50$.

The community understood this. The programmer who put it in the game understood this. The only people who didn't get this was the Dev team, and the management at Bioware Austin. There is a serious disconnect here, and this disconnect has cost Bioware and EA a lot of money over the years.

Literally.

Thank you for keeping your word. Even though you didn't mean to.

Hey folks,

The math savvy among you are going to notice the current CXP boost in the game for the event is operating at 350% instead of 250% as we originally stated. Since the Mission buffs are coming in 5.1.2 we decided to make the boost even larger until then! Since this was a last minute change, the in-game tooltip will still state 250% but the bonus is in fact 350%. Note that XP and Requisition are still 250%.

Get in there and enjoy your crazy CXP bonus. :rak_03:

-eric

Now I can get command crates filled with crap even faster! wohoo!

This is like diarrhea, crates of crappie come even faster.

I find it funny how so many fall for the trap arguing over bonus xp math yet completely ignore elephant in the room = same rng junk most times. So now you can get crap loot faster yay what a fix or update for players.

Eric i have to say PR department did wonderful job, it actually worked since you got community to discuss over math now that is more important than GC system itself!

Edited by Divona

I cant believe you guys are now complaining about the rate at which you get items. First it was the rate at which you gain CXP now the rates items drop. *** you guys want to get 1 gear piece a crate?

Srsly it is no wonder why the Dev team doesnt pay attention to all the whinners all the time.

To the Dev team, you did a great job. Ty again for the CXP bonus. Keep up the good work and dont mind the whinners.