Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

When I got to the class quests involving her I was looking forward to making her commit a minor sin and guilt her into joining me, and then forcing her to commit a great sin (like kill her own teacher) to make sure she gets damned. Instead she read the holocron and cried a bit and then followed me, the "guilt" she had for just looking at the holocron left me dissatisfied. I wanted to crush her spirit, instead it felt like I stole her lollipop.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)

while i agree she should be able to be turned she is not your only apprentice..in fact she's not truly sith...xalek is your only apprentice

I like Ashara,

Yes I am trying to get her appreciation right now and it is not that easy. She will remain muted during conversation most of the time, if not give me a -1 up to a -40 so far.

I really wish Bioware to make her a bit more tanking [keeping/calling aggro]. I do not like Khem Val to be honest.

Will the inquisitor wishes be ever fufilled if the least is to be able to turn her to the dark side?

Having finished the Sith Warrior campaign just yesterday, I have to say that looking back, the whole Jaesa arc was probably the most awesome part about his story. How much I hated Vette and Quinn for not letting me be a true Sith nihilistic a*shole. Once I obtained and turned Jaesa, I was finally free to be the devlish lunatic I intended to be with this character. Also she was pretty useful as a secondary DD and of course, she was kinda easy on the eyes, so from a RP perspective, it made all the more sense to go all the way with her to create a legacy.

On that part I must say, gj Bioware.

But, having now turned to my second and last playthrough with a Sith Inquisitor, I'm kind of disentchanted already, knowing that my future Assassin is to f'ing stupid to turn a Padawan, no matter what I'm going to do or say.

And while we're at it, this good looking Jedi crybabe is my only option as a love interest?

Great job Bioware, great job... not.

Oh and btw even though it's off-topic, but what the heck is going on with the ridiculous voice acting?

The Sith Warrior was like Robert DeNiro in terms of the quality delivered by his voice actor whereas the SI voice actor made me wanna insta-quit.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

My only problem with Ashara is that she looks like a clown (and I am not trolling.

I can live with the clown look. It's the ridiculously stupid implementation of gift affection they used for her that irritates me. She's the only companion, on either faction, that gives almost no affection for gifts. The only viable way to level it up as a female is to constantly switch her out for conversations.

Horrible, horrible mechanic.

I can live with the clown look. It's the ridiculously stupid implementation of gift affection they used for her that irritates me. She's the only companion, on either faction, that gives almost no affection for gifts. The only viable way to level it up as a female is to constantly switch her out for conversations.

Horrible, horrible mechanic.

? The level 4-5 courting gifts give me 100-200+ affecting for each one.

? The level 4-5 courting gifts give me 100-200+ affecting for each one.

Guessing you are romancing her then? Playing a DS female SI, Ashara really doesn't like you or want anything to do with you, and bribing her with companion gifts toget her affection up gets really, REALLY expensive.

With the DS female SI, there are, I think, two, maybe three types of gift that give an affection increase, and they all give very low bonuses. And there is no way to improve that since we can't romance her as female. Males that romance her et a few items that give a good bonus.

Guessing you are romancing her then? Playing a DS female SI, Ashara really doesn't like you or want anything to do with you, and bribing her with companion gifts toget her affection up gets really, REALLY expensive.

With the DS female SI, there are, I think, two, maybe three types of gift that give an affection increase, and they all give very low bonuses. And there is no way to improve that since we can't romance her as female. Males that romance her et a few items that give a good bonus.

Does the normal escalation of the affection system not work with her? I've just recently got her so naturally her affection was zero. With the 0-1999=level 1, 2000-3999=level 2, etc. I looked at the charts floating around and noted what she prefers. They all show she loves courting and Republic memorabilia but she only gave +affection for lvl 1 Republic memorabilia, but zilch for lvl 1 courting. I experimented again and still nothing. So I tried with a lvl 2 and got zero again. I went back to pub memorabilia and she gained affection. I'm confused.

Does the normal escalation of the affection system not work with her? I've just recently got her so naturally her affection was zero. With the 0-1999=level 1, 2000-3999=level 2, etc. I looked at the charts floating around and noted what she prefers. They all show she loves courting and Republic memorabilia but she only gave +affection for lvl 1 Republic memorabilia, but zilch for lvl 1 courting. I experimented again and still nothing. So I tried with a lvl 2 and got zero again. I went back to pub memorabilia and she gained affection. I'm confused.

She can't stand you until you get her beyond rank 1. Once I got her over 2000 Affection, I was able to use the charts properly.

Just continuously feed her Republic Memorabilia (Rank 1) until she gets to over 2k... Then court the daylights out of her :)

She can't stand you until you get her beyond rank 1. Once I got her over 2000 Affection, I was able to use the charts properly.

Just continuously feed her Republic Memorabilia (Rank 1) until she gets to over 2k... Then court the daylights out of her :)

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a plan.

I personally wonder what happend when the SI writer did taris the so called "brute" the sith warrior can corrupt a padawan yet the class that's meant to be a manipulator cannot do that. Heck watching the SI trailers nothing shown in the interviews and trailers happen in the SI story.

Some people say she is dark side until I see yellow eyes on her she has not fallen.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally wonder what happend when the SI writer did taris the so called "brute" the sith warrior can corrupt a padawan yet the class that's meant to be a manipulator cannot do that. Heck watching the SI trailers nothing shown in the interviews and trailers happen in the SI story.

Some people say she is dark side until I see yellow eyes on her she has not fallen.

The Sith Warrior killed her parents, everyone she loved and exposed her old master as a darksider. No wonder she turned.

• 2 weeks later...

What annoys me is that she still acts like She's part of the Jedi. It's like that episode of Star Trek TNG when that Romulan changes sides and Picard tells him "You have betrayed your people, You're a traitor!" I wanted to tell that to her so bad. You can't fly around with a Sith Lord and still think You're part of the Jedi Order.

It just sucks that a "master manipulator" can't even turn one padawan dark.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one has asked a simple question: why is it that each class only has ONE single romance interest per gender? Where is the choice Bioware? So far this so-called fourth pillar seems more like a train ride where I can pick which seat to sit in, but have no say on where the train goes.

The lack of diversity is... disturbing.

I disagree. The Sith Warrior, Bioware's love child on the empire's side, get's two per gender, as does some other class that I can't remember.

Does anyone think this might be a good way to turn Ash in a future update?

Go on a quest chain to find a way to switch Ash with Zash, who would be in the mind box. That way you get your "magnificent" Zash back and get rid of the Jedi loser.

Does anyone think this might be a good way to turn Ash in a future update?

Go on a quest chain to find a way to switch Ash with Zash, who would be in the mind box. That way you get your "magnificent" Zash back and get rid of the Jedi loser.

That wouldn't be really turning her.

At the end of her companion story line, she is already half way to become Sith. I'd like a companion quest where she finally does the other half.

Some quest chain which (dark side) ends up with her doing something horrible. After that she decides that she can't call herself a Jedi anymore and you offer her to become a real Sith.

Switching her with Zash would be a nice feature, but it would also mean you failed in turning her.